InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ EXTREME!!!! ❯ Pink Beauty ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kiyomi was walking in the forest. She was wearing a white kimono with pink sakura petals scattered all over it and with a sleeping silver dog on the back, which was cuddling a black cat. It was her mother’s kimono that her Inu-papa got her for their 12th year anniversary. She loved the design and look so much, her okaa often found her in it. She eventually stopped scolding her about wearing it and gave it to her. It was hard to part with the beautiful gift from her mate, but he made it up to her (which was how they got Sato).

She slowly approached a river and sat at the edge with her legs pulled under her. She loved the water… and the forest… She felt at peace there, in that spot. She inhaled slowly and exhaled. A sakura was blown of its tree by the breeze and fell on her lap. She picked up the flower and inspected it, fingering the petals idly with a pensive look on her face.

I’m 20 years old now and I haven’t even experienced love for the first time, yet. Mom says that I just haven’t met the right person yet and Inu-papa says that he found my mate years ago and buried his body ten feet underground on some hill, but he forgot which one so give up looking. That was pretty mean, now that I think about it. But I know he didn’t mean it. He just makes cruel jokes like that. Itaru already found someone to love, but it didn’t work out between them. Sato already had his first crush years ago. *sigh* What’s wrong with me?’

She got up and walked back to the village that she, her okaa, otou and otouto were residing in. Itaru had left the village 2 years ago saying that he wanted to travel on his own. He came back to visit from time to time, buy she missed her ani-chan dearly. She entered the village gates and took in the scenery. Some women were chatting, men were hauling wood away, and her otou was cursing out the infamous village monk. She smiled when she made out their conversation.

“But, I think that Taro would be a good mate for Kiyomi, Inuyasha.”

“Forget it monk! That son of yours ain’t getting any where near her! He’s too much of a pervert like his father!”

That was her father and uncle. Well she considered him her uncle. She remembered the story that her okaa told her of the first time he groped her. He had stroked her rear and told her to call him Uncle Roku and she stroked his back and just smiled.

What kind of uncle in their right mind would caress their niece?’

He said that it was in all good fun. That is right before he passed out from Inu-papa knocking him unconscious.

She entered a hut to find her Aunt Sango chatting with her okaa. She sat down and waited for them to stop talking and notice her presence.

“I know! That’s what I told him!” Sango said to Kagome.

“Hello, Kiyomi.”

“Hi.”, she replied unenthusiastically.

“What’s wrong?” Sango inquired.

“What’s wrong with me?” she answered with a question of her own.

“What do you mean?” Kagome asked her daughter.

“I mean…that I haven’t had a single crush, yet! My whole life! And…no guy even looks my way. Am I unattractive?”

“What?! Where is this coming from? What do you mean “am I unattractive?” Kagome asked.

“Who told you that?” Sango asked.

“No one. It’s just that…”

“Kiyomi, I think it’s time we went for a walk. Sango, I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.”, Sango replied, turning back to the stew she was cooking before Kagome came in.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”

They exited the hut and began walking down the path. Kiyomi was confused, but kept walking. They were coming to the vendor’s part of the village or more specific the men’s half. The men stayed by the shops mostly and the women stayed up village away from all the hustle and bustle.

“Kiyomi what do you hear?”

“Um… birds…the wind…sweaty guys yelling at each other?”

“What are they saying?”

“Two for five… three apples please…look, there’s lady Kiyomi and lady Kagome…”

“Uh, huh”

“…” She blushed at what she heard. The village men thought she was beautiful?

“I never knew”, she whispered.

“You never listened”, her mother retorted.

“Do you listen to every thing they say?”

“Of course! That’s how I know Kimiko and her husband are having marital problems.”

“How can you be so nosy?”

“It’s not my fault. Blame your father.”

“You mated him.”

“Shut up. I did this to help you, okay. I don’t need your back sass.” she said turning and walking away from her daughter.

“Thank you!”

She kept walking down the road. The further she went the more she heard the men talking. Things like ‘I would love for her to be my daughter-in-law’ and ‘you don’t even have a son to marry to her!’ She saw a flower cart and approached it. The man raised his head and looked her in the eyes. She heard his breath hitch and his heartbeat quicken, but she smelt no fear on him.

“Hi.”, she said happily.

“He-hello.”, he stuttered.

“What’s this flower?”

He looked in the way she was pointing, his eyes hooking on her claws. “That’s the tustsuji. It symbolizes passion. “

“Oh. I didn’t know that.”

She pulled the flower down from its shelf without dropping any of the ones on top of it. It was pink and delicate. She could smell it from where she was holding it in her hands.

“Tell you what. I’ll let you have it…for free.” he said putting it in her hair.

“Thank you. You’re very kind.” she said as she smiled at him.

He blushed at her kindness, “You’re very welcome.” She left his stand. She turned slightly to give him a small wave goodbye. A man came up to the stand owner and slapped him hard on the back, congratulating him.

She walked to the end of the village and continued on into the forest. She breathed deeply and in an instant she jumped into the air (which was considerable hard in a kimono, but she had mastered it with loads of practice). She kept jumping from tree to tree, feeling the wind in her face. She kept checking every few seconds that her flower was still in place. After the 13th time of checking, she smelt it. She was being followed. She made an immediate turn right and landed in a clearing. She waited for her stalker to make themselves known. She closed her eyes and used her miko powers to sense where the demon was. ‘There.’ Then, he pounced. She ducked her shoulder down, just out of his reach. Kiyomi turned her body up and grabbed his arm then pushed him to the hard ground, his arm still in her grasp.

“Haven’t seen you in a few years.” she spat, bitterly.

How did you know?”

“You were loud and you haven’t bathed in a week.” she said letting go of his arm and removing her foot from his back.

“I didn’t come to be insulted.”

“Then you should leave.”

“I came for a re-match.”

“It took you five years of training to make think you could beat me?”

“I know I could beat you.”

“Whatever you say.” she said turning from him.

“What’s that mean?!” he said as he grabbed her shoulder and turned her back around. She gave him a look that made him blush. (like the one Inuyasha gave Kagome in the second movie when they were by the fire pit…so romantic…)

“What?!?”

“You…nothing&hel lip;where’d you get this??” he said pulling her flower out of her hair.

”Give it back!”

He smelt the flower and frowned at the male’s scent on it. “Who gave it to you?”

“None of your damn business!” she said trying to snatch it away from him. He just held it above his head. She reached up, trying to grasp the flower. “Do you know how much you stink?!?”

“Ha-ha. Reach for it.”, he said as he lowered it into her reach, but pulled it back up before she could grasp it.

“Your so immature. Give it to me, dammit!”

“You want it that bad?”

“Yes!”

“Bend over.” he whispered, as he cam down eye level with her.

“You-you ass!”

“You’re the one who’s demanding it.”

“You pig! Can your mother even stand you?”

“Why don’t you ask her?”

“Get out of my face!”

“Stop yelling in mine!”

“Fine! Fuck you!” she said, turning and leaving him.

“You wanna do that, don’t you?”

She halted her footsteps. “What?”

“You wanna fuck me, don’t you?”

She walked back up to him and stared him directly in the eyes. He was smirking back at her. Then his smirk grew wider and a fang poked out from under his top lip. That’s when she did it. She raised her hand and slapped him across his face. He face was stunned as he turned back to her to see her stalking away, her long, silver hair swishing as she went.

“Hey! Kiyomi!”

“Leave me alone.”

“What did I do wrong?”

“Leave me alone.”

“Hey, talk to me.”, he said as he turned her shoulder around to face him. “What did I do wrong?”

“…”

“Is this about the flower? What? Your mate give it to you?”

“He’s not my mate.” she whispered with he head down.

“Nani?”

“He’s not my fucking mate!” she yelled as she looked up with tears in the corner of her eyes.

“Wha-?”

“I’ve never been with a guy before! Are you happy now?! I‘m the most unwanted female in the world and I was just fine until you rubbed it in.”

“Hey. You’re not unwanted.” he said as he pulled her into a hug, crushing her frame against him. “I think you’re strong, smart, beautiful, and loaded with sex appeal.”

“Nani?” she asked as she looked up at him, her tears stopping

“Um…what I meant was-”

“It’s okay. I know what you mean.”

“You do?”

“Yeah. You’re saying what you think I want to hear. Thanks, Mitsuko.”

“You’re welcome, Kiyomi.”

She stood on her toes and gave him a peck on the cheek. He blushed slightly. She smiled at him and turned to leave. He stared at her disappearing form. Mitsuko rubbed his hands together. Feeling something soft, he looked at his hand to see the flower he took from her. He smiled as he walked away with the pink beauty.