InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Face Down ❯ mmmm....dinner ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Still don't own.





Sesshoumaru and Kagome had arrived some time ago at the den. Yuki had shown her to her new room. After that Kagome was free to explore with Rin and Yuki's warning. The den was far from simple and looked to be carved by hand for the most part. The walls were smooth and halls very large. Most likely to allows access to inu youkia in their true form. Kagome held Rin's hand as she allowed herself to get pulled around by the small child who was hell bent on showing her every nook and cranny. Rin pulled her further towards the back.


"Kagome-kun do you want to see the many books Sesshoumaru-sama has?"


"Sure Rin."


Rin once again began dragging her. As they moved further paintings and tapestries started appearing on the walls. Then sculptures, only a few of course, in small alcoves. Then woodwork. Kagome stopped to look at one. Rin turned around to see what had caught Kagome's attention.


"What's wrong Kagome-kun?"


"This bench is beautiful."


"Sesshoumaru-sama likes to make things like that."


"Did he make the paintings."


"Some of them."


Kagome nodded and once again allowed herself to be pulled along. They came to the library. Rin had understated the "many books". The room had to be four times as large as her chamber, which was very big mind you, and it was full of books. Shelves lined the walls with books stacked high. With three more stand alone shelves and a desk which also had books on it. There were two chairs, one by a fire place another by a window. Which, Kagome noted, meant they had to have been on the other side of the mountain. The chairs and mantle of the fire place held fantastic carvings of inu youkia. The one by the window held a pack sleeping under the moon. Kagome walked over to get a closer look. Such detail. It was almost as if it was alive. Who would have thought the great Sesshoumaru liked art? Even created it.



She now had a newfound view on him. The demon who killed hundreds without a second thought, painted and carved. It was almost laughable. Soft steps caught her attention. Yuki stood in the door way. "I have been looking every where for you Kagome. It is time to eat." Kagome nodded and pulled Rin with her. "Can you read Kagome?" Yuki asked. "Hai, but my English is still pretty bad." "English?" Yuki gave her a funny look. "It is a different language, like chinese. We learn it where I come from." "And from where do you come?" "A place that is very far away."



They arrived at yet another tunnel and Yuki stopped. "Kagome you need to know a few things." "Kay." " When we eat Alpha will get the first pick of the meat, then you, then Rin, and then the rest of us by pack rank. We can not eat until all those ahead of us have taken the first bite." Kagome nodded now listenning intently. "I must warn you ahead of time." Yuki paused. "If you live with us, you must eat like us." Kagome nodded her okay again and began walking. "Do you understand what that means? The meat is raw." Kagome stopped and looked at her with an ashen colored face. Her face suddenly screwed up. "Ewwwww!" She hopped from foot to foot. "Kagome-kun." Rin called her. "It is very good." "But it's raw Rin." Kagome made another face.



Yuki laughed a little. "Rin is right Kagome, it is not that bad. A day or two and you will be used to being on an inu youkia diet. Though I suppose when Sora gets back you can convince her to cook it for you." "Who is Sora?" "She is our only flame inu. Meaning she can breath fire." "There are different types of inu youkia?" "Yes but we shall talk about that after dinner. Now we must hurry or Alpha will get mad." "Why do you call him 'alpha' Yuki?" " Betas and lower have to be adressed by our name first before we can adress him by his. So far you are the only exception. Though that could be because you knew him outside of the pack first.