InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Failure ❯ I Failed to Recall... ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/n: Been a few days, sowwwyyy! I had a rough time for a little bit, but it's better now! ^v^. So, on with the new chapter guys.
 
PS Start the voting or I'll choose myself!
 
 
 
Chapter XII: I Forgot to Recall...
 
Kagome woke up to the sun shining upon her face. She shut her eyes blearily, trying to reclaim some sleep.
 
Kagome allowed the rhythmic breathing of a warm chest against her back-soft and slow-lull her back into the realm of dreams. She vaguely felt a clawed hand running through her hair, and she had never felt so comfortable before in her life.
 
Inuyasha smiled to himself as Kagome instinctually arched her back and tilted her head into his hand. Her unconscious action caused him to harden as he held his beautiful mate...
 
They had been together some many weeks now, and their arguments and issues of before felt no more than a bad dream that had come to pass. Yet he still shivered at the memory... it wasn't even conceivable to him anymore how he could have hurt her so...
 
Or even have ever hurt her before...
 
He was in an entirely new world now, and `the past was the past'.
 
Those were Kagome's words, anyway.
 
They made those carefully built walls around his heart crumble and topple as if the years that it took to build them all but disappeared.
 
And those very unforgiving years of him being the biggest fuck-up to walk the face of the planet appeared to all but wash away.
 
That familiar pain was ebbing...
 
But so very slowly...
 
Yet, at the same time, his very existence seemed to no longer be such a mistake.
 
And it was all thanks to Kagome... His own Kagome...
 
Inuyasha allowed his eyes to wander back to the face of his pouting mate, who was trying desperately to fall back asleep. He saw her eyes shut tighter, and her head move back and forth little by little in search of darkness. But the light was too dominant, and she eventually cracked her eyes open, mumbling about smiting bright things.
 
Rubbing her eyelids, she turned her body over and buried her face into his chest. She sighed, and wiggled around a bit before looking up at him and giving him a sleepy smile.
 
He felt a genuine smile creep across his face as he brushed the bangs from her forehead.
 
“Ohayo gozaimasu...” She yawned, leaning into his touch and returning the affection by scratching one of his ears. Inuyasha felt his chest vibrate with an unrestrained purr.
 
“Ohayo,” he said in a deep voice, flipping her onto her back and kissing her gently. She groaned into his mouth and ran her fingers into his hair. “Inuyaaasha...,” she somewhat protested between kisses, “I just woke up...”
Inuyasha grinned in a predatory way, “And isn't this the best way to wake up?”
 
She laughed, as he began to kiss her neck. “But I'm gross and haven't bathed.” Inuyasha shrugged, grumbling against her neck, “I like it dirty.”
 
“C'mon, Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha grunted a bit and rolled off her, appearing rejected as he sulked, lying on his back with on arm under his head.
 
Kagome sat up, tossing her messy hair over her shoulder and stared at him for half a second before throwing her hands up in feigned distress, tsking him a bit, “Tch, Inuyasha, you kept me up all last night!” Inuyasha's face lit up with a toothy (not to mention, lecherous...) grin, “Yeah, but today is a new day.”
 
Kagome blushed and shoved at his shoulder a bit, grumbling, “Inuyasha, stop. Besides, Shippo wants to come with us today.”
 
Inuyasha frowned at the mention of the kit. That was right...
 
They were gonna resume their search for Naraku and the Shikon no Kakera today...
 
Inuyasha had tried to object, but when they all shot him looks of shocked curiosity, he clamped his mouth shut. There was no way in all the Hells he was gonna tell Kagome she was pregnant...
 
...Yet, anyway...
 
She'd rip his ears straight off his head!
 
At the thought, he winced and covered his ears with his hands on the impulse to protect them. This caused Kagome to give him a strange look, but she shrugged it off.
 
She stood, and smiled at him, “Inuyasha, I'm going to go bathe right now and once I'm done I'll get you some breakfast done and then we can leave.”
 
Inuyasha felt one of his ears twitch as he rubbed his chin nervously, “Uh, are you going in the hot springs?”
 
Kagome frowned at him a bit inquisitively, “Yeah... why wouldn't I? The river's too cold.”
 
Inuyasha felt himself pale. Because the hot springs are too hot for the pup!
 
“Because you could get sick again!”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, throwing a towel over her shoulder, “I'm going in the hot springs. See you at breakfast, Inuyasha.”
 
As Kagome headed for the door, Inuyasha bolted up and yelled at her, “NO!”
 
Kagome whirled around, an angry look spread across her face, “What's with you Inuyasha? Why not?”
 
Inuyasha's ears compressed against his head, as he scrambled for a suitable answer.
 
“Ah.... uh... um... ano...” Inuyasha scratched the back of his head, thinking as hard as he could.
 
He was a really horrible liar.
 
And Kagome was looking at him, arms crossed and foot tapping, waiting expectantly for a reasonable answer.
 
“A-a kid... took... yeah! A kid took a shit in the hot springs yesterday, and that's just fucking nasty, Kagome! That's why you could get sick again!”
 
Kagome's face scrunched up in disgust, as she blanched a bit, “Er... yeah... Thanks for telling me Inuyasha... I guess... I will go to the river... which is kind of disappointing... I wanted a hot bath...”
 
Kagome left looking thoroughly grossed out, and Inuyasha heaved a great sigh of relief, crumpling onto the tatami mat again to rest.
 
As soon as Kagome left, Miroku came in laughing heartily, rubbing his eyes, “Inuyasha, that's just peachy.”
 
Inuyasha frowned at Miroku, “What the hell are you talking about, bouzo?” It was definitely something good if Miroku stated the word `peachy'...
 
“You walking around on eggshells like that! Kami, you trying to come up with excuses as to what Kagome can't and can do is almost too much to bear.”
 
Inuyasha knew he was loosing color in his face... “What the fuck are you talking about, bouzo?! You don't know a fucking thing, so mind your own goddamn business!”
 
Miroku's face hardened at once, as he dropped the end of his staff upon Inuyasha's head, causing him to swear quite colorfully.
 
“WHAT THE FUCK?! That hurt, you fucking lecher!”
 
Miroku seemed somewhat rigid, “Inuyasha, don't act like I'm stupid. Well, at the very least, don't act like I can't sense auras. That's downright insulting.”
 
Inuyasha seemed confused and Miroku wanted to slap him for being the biggest idiot...
 
“Inuyasha, I can see people's auras.”
 
Inuyasha continued to give Miroku a blank look. Miroku's eyebrow twitched.
 
Meaning if something's alive, I can see it.”
 
Inuyasha felt something click inside his head.
 
In a blur he ran over to the monk, grabbing Miroku by the collar and yanking him up on his tiptoes. “Inuyasha! Geeze, calm down!”
 
Inuyasha snarled, “Have you told Kagome or Sango?!”
 
Miroku waved his hands, “No, no! If I did, don't you think they'd have approached you by now?! Put me down!”
 
Inuyasha loosened his grip considerably, and was rather abashed he was so hostile to his friend.... But he didn't apologize....
 
Miroku ran his hands down his robes, trying to smooth out imaginary wrinkles as he glared at Inuyasha. “Kami, lighten up...”
 
Inuyasha's eyes averted slightly away, suddenly finding the dust bunnies on the floor rather amazing.
 
“Besides, I've been too amused with your attempts at trying to hide Kagome's condition to care to share the fun with anyone else.”
 
Inuyasha shot a death look to Miroku, whose eyes were sparkling with mischievousness. “And won't Shippo smell it, anyway, Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha felt himself run out the door before Miroku could say another word.
 
He had forgotten all about Shippo!
 
“KUSO!”
 
A/n: Short chapter... but hahaha! Poor Inuyasha. As usual, doesn't think things through. Mwa, you guys. NOW VOTE OR I SHALL SMITE THEE! :3! Lovies!