InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fall Into Me ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Back again. I'm having fun with this one…~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who's the baka that thought up that ingenious plan?" Inu Yasha scowled as Sango rolled her eyes. She was reviewing the music ahead of time while Miroku was reading some manga. Shippou was talking with Kaede and Kagome was in the back taking a nap. For some reason, the girl had been very tired lately.

"Inu Yasha, be quiet. It wasn't up to us. We were doing so well on the tour, the company decided to break us off into our own tour after we record an album. They gave us time before having to report to New York, so we could probably play some shows in between. Chill out."

"Feh." Inu Yasha crossed his arms and sat down. He eventually took out his acoustic guitar and began playing a melody Sango hadn't heard before. She stopped what she was doing and just listened to the beautiful song he played. 'He seems so focused.' When he finished, Sango looked at him with awe. "Wow."

"That was beautiful Inu Yasha." Both turned to the doorway to see Kagome standing there. Sango looked at Inu Yasha and smiled as she saw a blush appear on his cheeks. 'Interesting…'

Inu Yasha tried to find some words in which to answer her. "Umm… th-thanks."

Kagome walked up to him and smiled. "What is it?"

Looking away from her and down at his guitar, Inu Yasha answered her. "I'm not too sure yet. It's a melody that's been playing in my head since… well, for awhile." What he didn't mention is the song had been in his head since he first met Kagome. He looked back up at her as she looked at him.

"Well, it's really good. Maybe you could turn it into something we could play."

His ears perked up as his eyes widened. "You serious?"

"Sure. Why not? I'm not the only one that can sing, you know. You could perform it."

Inu Yasha was amazed. He was usually the quiet guitarist in the background. Now Kagome was proposing him go out in front and sing his own song? "I'm not sure…"

"Why not? I'm sure you probably have a great voice. No need to hide it here." A sweet smile was placed on her face and Inu Yasha blushed a bit.

Sango sat back and watched the connection between the two grow second by second. 'Perhaps he will be the one to help reverse her numbed heart.'

Kagome smiled. "I better go check on Miroku. I thought I saw him take one of those Victoria's Secret Magazines again. Whose are those anyway?"

Sango sighed. "Probably his."

*Sweatdrop*

"Ooookay. Well, I'll talk to you two later." With that, Kagome went into one of the back rooms to find Miroku.

Sango turned to the white haired man with a strange look in her eyes. "So tell me. Just when did that song start in your head?"

Not liking where this question was going, Inu Yasha gave the same response. "It's been up here for awhile now." Inu tapped his head with his finger. Sango just smirked.

"Okay then." She sat back and started to reread the music again.

Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes at her. "What are you thinking, Sango?"

"You wouldn't want to know."

Shaking his head, he placed his attention back to the guitar to go over the other music they had.

Later that night, Inu Yasha was trying to sleep in the little sleeping area above the driver when he heard a strange noise. 'What is that? Is it… crying?' Curious, he jumped down and went towards the bedrooms. Shippou and Miroku shared one room, Kaede resided on the couch while Sango and Kagome shared the last one. He listened to the guys' room and heard nothing. Shuffling over, he poked his head into the girls' room and what he saw just broke his heart.

Kagome lay in bed, covered in the blankets, crying while she slept. The look on her face was that of great pain. Inu Yasha couldn't stand to see her cry like that. He walked over to her bed as quietly as he could so he wouldn't wake Sango. When he got to the side of her bed, he bent down and gently shook her. "Kagome?" he said gently.

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open to look into a pair of golden orbs that looked at her with concern. "Inu Yasha? Wha…?"

Shifting a bit, he answered her unsaid question. "I heard you crying in your sleep. Want to talk about it?"

Kagome reached up and felt the moisture on her cheek. She hadn't realized her pain escaped from her dreams. Kagome looked over towards Sango, who was deep asleep.

"We could go out there." Inu Yasha motioned toward the "living room" area. The raven haired girl nodded, pushed back the covers and followed him.

As they got there, she noticed Kaede sleeping on the so called couch. "I don't want to wake her."

"Well, the only other place is up where I sleep."

"Okay." Inu Yasha turned and looked at her wide eyed. Was she serious? He blinked a few times, then saw the look on her face. She needed to talk. He nodded and took her hand as he helped her up to the little loft area.

When they both got comfortable, he looked at Kagome, waiting for her to begin.

"I, umm, dreamt about him again."

A sigh escaped Inu's lips. "I figured. What happened?"

Kagome frowned and brought her knees up to her chest. "I was standing there while he ran my life. I had no say whatsoever. I didn't know what to do. I saw someone standing there in the background, holding his arms out to me. I started to run to him, but Hojo stopped me, screaming at me and hitting me. I fell and I thought I would hit the ground, but I kept falling. I could hear Hojo laughing from above. He spit at me and continued to beat me, but it didn't make sense since I was falling."

Inu Yasha looked at her hard, but his expression softened when a tear fell from her eye. He reached over and brushed it away softly. "Is that all?"

The girl shook her head. "I eventually got away from him, my body pretty much broken. I could feel my heart rip out of me and put high on a shelf. After that, I continued to fall, but much faster this time. I was so afraid of hitting the bottom. That's when you woke me."

Inu Yasha reached over and took her chin in his hand, turning it so she looked him in the eye. "Kagome, did Hojo ever hit you… for real?"

Tears over flooded the girl's eyes and she threw herself into his chest, crying her eyes out. He wrapped his arms around her to try and offer some comfort. In her crying fit, he could hear her whisper, "No one knew. I didn't tell anyone. I made sure to cover it up. Not even Sango knew. I was so afraid."

Inu Yasha was now extremely pissed. 'So he did hit her. That bastard! How could he even lift a hand against her? Kagome was so sweet and gently. What could have possessed this guy to such a thing?' Inu Yasha knew right then and there he would make this guy pay for making Kagome cry, tears of sadness and pain. He held her closer to him and whispered comforting words into her ear.

Suddenly, he felt Kagome relax and her breath became calmed and even. He looked down at her to confirm what he had thought. 'She fell asleep.' Looking around, he shrugged and laid her down on his bed, covering her with a blanket. He began to climb down the ladder to get to the lower level when he heard her whimper. 'Another nightmare.' Inu Yasha quickly got back up and took her hand in his. "It's okay Kagome. I'm here. I won't let him hurt you anymore." His soft words somehow comforted her and she eased back into a comfortable sleep. Fearing her nightmares would return, Inu Yasha sighed and laid down beside her, taking a different blanket and making sure there was enough space between them. He held her hand in his still, in case she needed him again. With that, Inu Yasha drifted off into slumberland.

~

Inu Yasha woke early the next morning to the scent of jasmine surrounding him. Looking down, he was shocked to find Kagome with her head and left hand on his chest. She was very close to him, as if seeking protection from him. This made him blush, but what made his blush worse was when he noticed his arms were wrapped around her tightly, as if bringing her into him.

Slowly, he released Kagome and made his way to the ladder. He gently grabbed a pillow and placed her head onto it. When he was sure she was okay, Inu Yasha climbed down the ladder, a blanket in hand, and walked over to one of the chairs. Sighing, he settled himself in it and wrapped the blanket around himself. 'Gotta make it look like I actually slept down here. She might get embarrassed if she knew otherwise.' Smiling to himself, he drifted back to sleep, thinking he held a beautiful girl in his arms for an entire night, and during that time, she had no fear of him. She actually felt protected and safe. That was a feeling Inu Yasha never wanted to lose.

~

That night, the group was on stage before a huge crowd. They had stopped in this town and a man walked up to them asking them to play. Their intro band had to cancel last minute and they needed a fill in. Kaede agreed and now they were the band that played before the real person who was scheduled to sing would come out.

Everyone was in place as Kagome went up to the mic. "How are you all doing tonight?" The crowd roared as she smiled. "Alright! Well, we're Shikon no Tama and we're here to play three songs for you while you wait for the real reason why you're here to perform. Let's get this started up!"

Miroku gave the counts and they all began.

"If I had just one tear running down your cheek
Maybe I could cope maybe I'd get some sleep
If I had just one moment at your expense
Maybe all my misery would be well spent

Yeah.... Could you cry a little
Lie just a little
Pretend that you're feeling a little more pain
I gave now I 'm wanting
Something in return
So cry just a little for me

If your love could be caged, honey I would hold the key
And conceal it underneath the pile of lies you handed me
And you'd hunt those lies
They'd be all you'd ever find
And that'd be all you'd have to know
For me to be fine

Yeah.... And you'd cry a little
Die just a little
and baby I would feel just a little less pain
I gave now I'm wanting
Something in return
So cry just a little for me

Give it up baby
I hear your goodbye
Nothins goin save me
I can see it in your eyes
Some kind of heartache
Darlin give it a try
I don't want pity
I just want what is mine

Yeah... Could you cry a little
Lie just a little
Pretend that you're feeling a little more pain
I gave now I'm wanting
Something in return
So cry just a little for me

Yeah... Cry just a little for me

woo ooo, could you cry a little for me

yeah, yeah"

The crowd roared with applause as they finished the first song. "Thank you! Our next one is called 'First Love.' I hope you like it!" Kagome turned to the people behind her and nodded. On command, the song began.

"Saigo no kisu wa

Tabako no flavor ga shita

Nigakute setsunai kaori

Ashita no imagoro ni wa

Anata wa doko ni iru n' darou

Dare wo omotte 'ru n' darou

You are always gonna be my love

Itsu ka dare ka to mata koi ni ochite mo

I'll remember to love

You taught me how

You are always gonna be the one

Ima wa mada kanashii love song

Atarashii uta utaeru made

Tachidomaru jikan ga

Ugoki-dasou to shite 'ru

Wasuretaku nai koto bakari

Ashita no imagoro ni wa

Watashi wa kitto naite 'ru

Anata wo omotte 'ru n' darou

You will always be inside my heart

Itsu mo anata dake no basho ga aru kara

I hope that I have a place in your heart too

Now and forever you are still the one

Ima wa mada kanashii love song

Atarashii uta utaeru made

You are always gonna be my love

Itsu ka dare ka to mata koi ni ochite mo

I'll remember to love

You taught me how

You are always gonna be the one

Mada kanashii love song

Now and forever..."

As Kagome sang the last of the words, the crowd went crazy, applauding as if their hands were going to fall off. She just smiled. "Alright, we have one last song and then we're going to leave you to enjoy the real concert. Again, we're Shikon no Tama. Look for us in the future!"

With that, Miroku gave the counts and they began.

"I linger in the doorway
of alarm clock screaming monsters calling my name
let me stay
where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops as they're falling tell a story

in my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me

don't say I'm out of touch
with this rampant chaos - your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
the nightmare I built my own world to escape

in my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me

swallowed up in the sound of my screaming
cannot cease for the fear of silent nights
oh how I long for the deep sleep dreaming
the goddess of imaginary light

In my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me."

The audience was on their feet, clapping until Kagome thought the sound alone would cause her to go deaf. She and the rest of them bowed and she said her thank you's. They then ran off stage to get out of the way of the real performed.

Kagome smiled at Inu Yasha and the others. "This is just too much fun." Sango agreed and Miroku just twirled the drum stick around.

While the rest were occupied by different conversations, Shippou pulled on Sango's sleeve. "What is it Shippou?"

The boy just pointed at the stage. "I think we better get Kagome out of here."

Sango looked at the boy confused then to the stage. Her eyes went wide. She looked back at Shippou, then to Kagome, and finally back to the stage. She nodded to Shippou and went over to Kagome. "Umm, why don't we get out of here? Let's go have some fun, huh?"

Kagome was giving Sango a confused look while Inu Yasha watched Miroku. He was talking to Shippou when his eyes went wide and he looked at the stage, then to Kagome. He just nodded at the young boy and came to insist they depart. Raising an eyebrow at the three, Inu Yasha looked at the stage himself. 'I don't get it. It's just a guy with short brown hair singing. Why the rush to leave?' A thought struck then. He looked over at Kagome to see her still confused. 'They want to get Kagome out of here quickly. Could that guy be…?' If what he thought was true, Inu Yasha also wanted to get Kagome out of here quickly as well.

"Hey, Kagome. We really don't have anything to do here now, right? Why don't we all just head out somewhere? We'd probably have more fun somewhere else."

Kagome gave him a puzzled look, but shrugged. "I don't know why you are all in such a rush, but okay. Let's go." She then turned and left, the gang following behind.

When he got the chance, Inu Yasha grabbed Miroku and held him back. "What the…"

Inu waited until the others were out of ear shot when he turned to the man. "Who was that guy?"

Uncertainty flashed in his eyes. Inu Yasha sighed. "Is that the one that hurt her?"

Miroku sighed. "Yes, that man on stage was Hojo."

Anger flashed in his golden eyes. 'So that's the guy that hurt Kagome so much.'

"Inu Yasha. We better catch up. They will wonder what happened to us."

The white haired man nodded and they both left the building to find the girls walking toward the tour bus/mobile home. They ran to catch up with them and made some plans as to what to do for the remainder of the evening. Shippou decided to stay in the bus with Kaede to work on some business stuff. Sango and Miroku wanted to go catch a movie, so they left soon to catch the showing of 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. (I do not own that movie) Kagome just wanted to relax, so she and Inu Yasha decided to walk through the town nearby.

As they walked, Inu Yasha spotted a Karaoke Bar. He smiled at the girl beside him. "What to scout out the next pop stars?" She giggled and nodded. He smiled and together they went inside and found a table towards the back.

The people singing were actually pretty good so far. A waitress came over to get their order. Kagome ordered a coke with no ice, while Inu Yasha ordered a beer. He looked over at Kagome. "Does that bother you?"

She shrugged. "I'm not pleased, but as long as you don't go crazy, I'm okay."

He nodded and suddenly covered his ears. "Jeez! Who the hell is making that noise?" He noticed Kagome was covering her ears as well but looking at the Karaoke stage. He looked over as well.

Standing there was this short round kid with strange hair. 'Wait a minute. That looks like that mop head from before.' He was singing 'I'm Too Sexy', well, if you could call it singing. The song itself was scary to hear coming from this round guy. People kept throwing things at him, but he didn't seem fazed at all. Suddenly, two girls, the blonde from before and another woman, got up with what appeared to be hams in their hands. They both began to whack him repeatedly in the head with the hams, causing the fool to fall to the ground and be dragged out by security. The crowd cheered and the two girls bowed then returned to their seats.

The night was going nicely. The rest of the brave souls were actually pretty decent. Kagome was laughing and having a great time with Inu Yasha. At the same time, Inu was also enjoying himself.

Suddenly, Kagome stopped smiling and a look of shock and pain entered her eyes. Concerned, Inu Yasha sat up. "Kagome? What is it?"

Her eyes went wide as she took in troubled breaths. All she did was say one word, one single word. "Hojo."

~*~Sorry, I'm really tired so I made a cliffhanger instead. Sorry!!! Anywho, last chapter I used the following: Hungry Like the Wolf specific version by someone I forget the name of, Survivor by Destiny's Child, My Little Goodbyes by SheDaisy. In this one, I used the following: Cry by Faith Hill, First Love by Utada Hikaru, and Imaginary by Evanescence.

So, what do you think Kagome's going to do? Wait until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the next chapter up by then. I need to try this sleep thing now. Ja ne!~*~