InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Instincts ❯ Family Instincts - Resemblance ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family Instincts - Resemblance
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
Akamaru sat with Shippo and Kanna in the family dojo behind the mansion. He felt dejected and his slumped posture showed it. Why couldn't they have maintained the contact a little longer? Kanna had almost found Nyoko.
 
There was a tap on his shoulder, followed by his mother's voice asking, “Are you okay?” He opened his eyes to see Kagome looking concerned and bending over in front of him in a half-open skimpy robe, her breasts swinging freely inches before his…
 
“Shippo!”
 
<POP>
 
The kitsune backed away, roaring with laughter, until Akamaru jumped up, grabbed one of the wooden katanas used for sparring, and started chasing Shippo around the dojo. By this time, even Kanna was laughing.
 
“You've…got to…admit…I've even got her…voice down…now,” shouted Shippo as he stayed barely ahead of his enraged, adoptive brother.
 
“That wasn't the problem!”
 
As Akamaru aimed a wicked cut at Shippo, the kitsune jumped up and came down again, standing on the blade.
 
“Get off!”
 
Shippo leaned forward so he was eye-to-eye with Akamaru. “I had a crush on her, too.”
 
Akamaru relaxed slightly, holding the blade out straight with Shippo still perched on it. “You did?”
 
“A child's crush, but yeah, I did.” Shippo hopped back down to the ground and waited while Akamaru put the wooden katana back in its wall mounting. The two of them rejoined Kanna.
 
“He really did,” said Kanna, as she put her arm around her mate. “But he's gotten over it now.”
 
Akamaru turned to Shippo. “You're not really Kagome's son.”
 
“What are you saying? I am too!”
 
“Sorry, that's not what I meant,” said Akamaru. She's not your birth mother. Look, there's this thing called an “Oedipus Complex…”
 
“I know what it is. Sons become fixated on their mothers.” Shippo shrugged. “Hell, if I didn't know you had one, I wouldn't have taken Kagome's form in front of you.”
 
“Oh, right.” Akamaru continued, “Most guys grow out of it, especially as they see their mother aging and the young girls start looking good to them. They sort of turn away without ever realizing they were at all attracted to their mothers. Oh, they might pick a girl who reminds them of mom…”
 
“Does Nyoko look like Kagome?” asked Kanna.
 
Akamaru got a dreamy look in his eyes. “Uh, yeah.”
 
Kanna giggled. “Do her eyes look like Kagomes?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Does her mouth look like Kagome's?”
 
Akamaru sighed. “Yes.”
 
“Do her breasts look like Kagome's.”
 
“Oh yeah! Huh?” Akamaru returned to reality and growled at Kanna. “You tricked me.”
 
Kanna was rocking back and forth, laughing. “I've been mated to a kitsune for five hundred years. You never expected me to be tricky?”
 
Shippo interrupted. “So, if I'm understanding you, you're saying that because mom never looks older…”
 
“…I've never gotten over it. That's right.”
 
Shippo rubbed his chin. “Aoimaru got over it.”
 
Akamaru snorted. “Aoimaru mated young. Don't think I didn't catch him sneaking peeks at mom.”
 
“Ah. And how exactly did you catch him?”
 
“Uhh. Well…I…”
 
“Just as I thought! You were trying to see her, too!”
 
“That is how he knows what his mother's breasts look like.” Kanna watched her mate and his brother turn to her. “Am I not correct?”
 
Akamaru turned to Shippo. “…which brings up an interesting point. I noticed your imitation of mom's…breasts…was perfect…which means you must have seen them!”
 
That surprised Kanna. “Why, Shippo.”
 
Shippo blushed. “Promise you won't tell mom I told you?”
 
“Spill.”
 
“When I was really small, I used to snuggle up to mom in her sleeping bag.” The kitsune was fidgeting. “I don't know what came over me.”
 
“Go on.”
 
“Yes,” said Kanna. “Please do go on.”
 
“Umm. Well…mom didn't wear a bra when she slept. And one night she sorta…fell out of her nightshirt…if you know what I mean.”
 
“So you saw her breast. Okay, no big deal.”
 
“There's a little more to the story.” Shippo gathered up his courage. “I…I don't know what caused me to do it.”
 
“Do what?” Akamaru was getting impatient.
 
“I think I regressed.”
 
“What did you do?”
 
“I…I was half asleep…and I tried to nurse off her.”
 
“You what?”
 
Kanna was giggling again. “You did regress.”
 
“I heard Kagome moan with pleasure, and her scent suddenly got very strong, and she whispered, `InuYasha' a couple of times. But then she stopped…and that's when I opened my eyes…only to find Kagome staring at me with a very surprised look on her face. Even in the dark, I could see she was blushing. She rearranged things so everything was covered again, rolled away from me and went back to sleep. She never spoke of it afterwards.”
 
“I had forgotten about that.”
 
All three pairs of eyes turned to the dojo's entrance where Kagome and InuYasha stood, the hanyou regarding his mate with an amused expression.
 
“Oi. So you were hot for me even then?”
 
Kagome turned her nose up at InuYasha and walked up to Akamaru, Shippo and Kanna. “And just why are you discussing my breasts?”
 
 
******************
 
 
After a lot of hemming and hawing, Kagome (and InuYasha) got the gist of what had happened in the dojo.
 
“That wasn't very nice of you, Shippo,” said Kagome.
 
“Awwww, mommm.”
 
“It was kind of funny, Kagome,” said Kanna. “It turns out both Shippo and Akamaru had fixations on you.”
 
Kagome sighed. “Aoimaru, too.”
 
Akamaru looked up. “You knew?”
 
“Of course I knew! Who do you think pushed that girl at him?”
 
“You…?”
 
“I pushed one at you, too, but you didn't take the bait.”
 
“That…was you?”
 
“Yeah, that was me.”
 
“…except your mother wasn't gonna force you to marry someone you didn't love,” said InuYasha. “At least it worked out for Aoimaru.”
 
“And Midoriko.”
 
Akamaru's eyes widened. “Don't tell me she was fixated on you.”
 
Kagome gave Akamaru a strange look. “Uhh, no.”
 
“Keh,” said InuYasha. “Kagome called it an Eh-leck-tra Complex.”
 
Kagome smiled. “She was attracted to your dad, so we found her a nice husband. But you, Akamaru…you were a tougher nut to crack.”
 
“I'm sorry, mother.”
 
Kagome shrugged. “That's why I wasn't upset when you and Nyoko got together.”
 
“Even though Uncle Sesshomaru thinks I've just spawned the second coming of Naraku?”
 
“Your uncle is a fine and honorable youkai, but he does not really understand genetics. Even if whoever is doing this could recreate the physical form of Naraku, that does not mean they could recreate Naraku, himself.”
 
“Hn.”
 
All looked to the doorway where the Great Lord of the Western Lands and his mate, Kagura, stood.
 
“This Sesshomaru is surprised to hear this from a miko whose ancestor was reborn in a false body made by Urasue.” Sesshomaru turned to look directly at Kagome. “Do you not think that, as powerful as Kikyo was in her false body, Naraku might be more powerful than ever if he were reborn in a natural body?”
 
Kagome returned Sesshomaru's glare. “Urasue had a reincarnation of Kikyo to draw from. You've felt the return of Naraku's soul, then?”
 
“This Sesshomaru cannot say so.”
 
“I have not felt it, either…although I have felt ghosts of his presence from time to time.” Kagome turned to Kanna. “Have you lost all contact with Nyoko?”
 
“For the time being, yes. However…”
 
Everyone's attention snapped to Kanna.
 
“…while I cannot `see' Nyoko, I was able to tell that there were three hanyous who were holding her captive.”
 
“That confirms my reading from that apartment” said Sesshomaru.
 
“And all three remind me of Naraku.”
 
“Keh,” spat InuYasha.
 
“…and of Kikyo.”
 
“What?” Kanna had Kagome's full attention now.
 
“It was as though Naraku and Kikyo had children,” said Kanna, “and these are them.”
 
“Naraku…and Kikyo,” muttered InuYasha.
 
“That confirms this Sesshomaru's impression.”
 
“Maybe we should ask Kikyo directly,” said Kagome.
 
InuYasha looked at his mate incredulously. “You're kidding.”
 
“We haven't been to the Shikabe Geyser in what, five hundred years? It's worth a shot.”
 
“Keh. There's probably nothing left of her by now…and it was just a shadow of her in the first place!”
 
“This Sesshomaru thinks it is a good idea.”
 
“I wasn't talkin' to you, Fluffy.”
 
“You will not call me Fluffy in that tone of voice!
 
InuYasha felt something materialize around his neck and looked down to see an all-too-familiar necklace. “Okay, okay…we'll go.”
 
Sesshomaru sneered. “How easily your mate controls you.”
 
A glow appeared around the Great Lord of the Western Lands' neck. When it faded, he sported his own necklace.
 
“Kagura?” said Kagome. “You may do the honors.”
 
Kagura looked at Kagome with mischief in her eyes. “I dunno, Kags. Fluffy's got a lot of pride. I don't think he'll put up with that thing around his neck.”
 
“I could put it lower…like around his waist.”
 
“Do it.”
 
“What are you two she-devils up to?” growled Sesshomaru.
 
There was a brief glow and the necklace disappeared. The Great Lord of the Western Lands was pleased until he felt it reappear further down, inside his clothes.
 
Kagome looked to Kagura. “Remember, it's the next word you say that he'll be forced to obey.”
 
“This Sesshomaru obeys no one.”
 
Kagura smirked at her mate, took his hand and led him back towards the mansion. When the Great Lord of the Western Lands made to resist, Kagura simply indicated the dojo, then the mansion…as if to say, do you want to do this out here or in private?
 
Grumbling, Sesshomaru followed his mate.
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome turned back to Kanna. “So you say they're hanyous? Naraku was a hanyou.”
 
InuYasha spoke up. “I still don't think we should go see…”
 
“Osuwari!”
 
<WHAMMM>
 
Everyone except Kagome stared at InuYasha as he lay within the crater his body had just made.
 
The miko grinned. “I hadn't realized how much I missed that.”
 
Just as the spell wore off and InuYasha was climbing to his feet, the indistinct voice of Kagura could be heard shouting “tsuppari!” There was a growl clearly from Sesshomaru, a muffled “oomph” (from Kagura), followed by another “tsuppari!”
 
Then another. And another. And another and another and another.
 
Kanna looked at Kagome. “Is she doing what I think she's doing?”
 
“Yup.”
 
Both girls looked in the direction of the mansion and yelled, “Go, Kagura!”
 
 
 
 
A/N: Looks like everyone's going on a trip to see whatever's left of Kikyo at the good ol' Shikabe Geyser. Will it be a help, or just add to the confusion? And will the beast trapped under Mount Fuji ever make an appearance? (I'm thinking…maybe.)
 
Remember, this is a rewrite.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!