InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Instincts ❯ Family Instincts - Going Commando ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family Instincts - Going Commando
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
Naraku withdrew from Nyoko's breast. He felt a…pressure…inside. It was not exactly the same feeling he used to having when InuYasha or Sesshomaru approached, but those two were nearby and he knew he should be feeling something.
 
He stopped sucking on his mother's breast, closed his eyes and tried to reach out with his youkai senses. There! He was sure he had them! Although it was an odd sensation…rather like someone patting him on the…
 
<Buurrrrrpppp>
 
Naraku opened his eyes to find his view was over Nyoko's shoulder. The girl was still patting away.
 
<Urrrpp>
 
“Good boy,” cooed Nyoko.
 
“Hardly,” thought Naraku.
 
 
******************
 
 
Bengoshi and Seijika had rejoined Onaraku, as they now knew the direction of their enemies' approach. In fact, they had watched as InuYasha and Sesshomaru and their mates (and whatever that thing was) had landed…and were now, in turn, observing the three brothers observing them.
 
“What are they waiting for?” mused Onaraku.
 
“Why are we waiting? We should attack and kill them!” hissed Seijika.
 
“They must be waiting for reinforcements,” said Bengoshi. “They are content to make sure we don't go anywhere before they can attack on their own terms.” Bengoshi was feeling unsettled. His thoughts of ridding himself of these two fools and ruling the world at his father's side seemed remoter than ever…and his life expectancy in a fight had dropped considerably since Naraku had burned off one of his arms. Overall, he was feeling a little dejected.
 
Suddenly, all three had the same sensation.
 
All three burped.
 
“Was that father?” asked Onaraku. “It felt like he was behind that.”
 
“Indeed,” answered Bengoshi. “Apparently we are now so attuned to our father that we feel what he feels and experience at least some of what he experiences.”
 
“But he's a baby,” whined Seijika, “and babies…”
 
 
******************
 
 
“Awwwww, baby needs a new didee. Oochie-woochie-coo…”
 
“Unhand me, woman!” Naraku was projecting his thoughts at Nyoko as strongly as he could, but the girl wasn't obeying. He found himself on his back with Nyoko fussing over him and stripping him of his soiled diaper. What was that abominable smell? Was that him? For once Naraku regretted having youkai senses. Although adding that particular smell to his miasma - once he was able to generate it again - was worth considering.
 
Very well. He would allow the woman to perform this necessary function. But the indignity!
 
Nyoko cleaned her baby as best she could. She was sure he was glaring at her, but that didn't relieve her of her responsibilities as a mother. “Such a wittle wee-wee we have,” she declared as she cleaned the baby's member. “You didn't get that from your father.”
 
She could swear the baby was ready to explode.
 
 
******************
 
 
Sesshomaru closed his cell phone. “The others will be here shortly. Akamaru, Aoimaru and Midoriko are coming in one car. Shippo, Kanna and Kirara in another. This Sesshomaru believes that should be sufficient.”
 
Kagome clapped her hands in delight. “Kirara's coming too?”
 
“Indeed.”
 
Kagome turned to her mate. “Hear that, InuYasha? Kirara's coming. We haven't seen Kirara in…how long has it been?”
 
A very sullen hanyou turned slowly to look at his mate where she still stood with her hands together and a big smile on her face. “Feh! I know what you're trying to do and it won't work.”
 
“What am I trying to do, InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha was glaring at his brother. “You're trying to distract me so I won't remember what Fluffy over there tried to dip me in…”
 
“InuYasha!” Kagome pointed at her hanyou. “Don't make me say it.”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands was just getting over his irritation that his half-brother had dared call him “Fluffy” again when he noticed that Kagura was staring past Kagome. He followed her gaze. Behind the miko, the puppet Naraku was mimicking her every move. One of Sesshomaru eyebrows shot up.
 
“It's not fair, Kagome. I know you're just tryin' to keep us from fighting each other instead of Naraku, but he tried to drop me in (InuYasha noticed Kagome's expression)…poop?”
 
Kagome's expression softened and she sighed. “I'm sorry, InuYasha. Come here and let me give you a big hug.” With that, the miko reached out for her mate.
 
Sesshomaru watched in fascination as the hundred-metre figure of Naraku attempted to hug a non-existent hundred-metre InuYasha.
 
“Interesting,” he thought.
 
 
******************
 
 
“Why is it doing that?” muttered Onaraku as he, once again, tried to readjust his pants so he'd be comfortable.
 
Naraku's voice immediately manifested itself within all three brothers' heads. “Why is it doing what?”
 
All three jumped in unison.
 
“And what is `it,' anyway?”
 
Onaraku was first to answer. “It is a hundred-metre-tall replica of you and it was just bending forward as if to hug someone.”
 
“Hug?”
 
“Yes, hug. And while we're on the subject of `closeness,' do you think you could tone down your connection with us?”
 
“I would never hug anyone.”
 
Onaraku sighed in exasperation. “About the connection. Will you tone it down?”
 
“I will not. I want to know what you're doing at all times. I made that mistake with my former incarnations and I will not make the same mistake with you three.”
 
“It's just that, because of our connection, we burp when you burp.” Onaraku paused.
 
“So?”
 
“Aren't you going to tell him?” hissed Seijika.
 
“We're already going commando,” whispered Bengoshi.
 
“What is this `commando?'”
 
Onaraku groaned. He should have known Naraku would be able to hear anything they did or said. “It's when you don't wear…”
 
“Just a second. There's something I have to do.”
 
All three brothers felt a straining sensation. All three brothers cried out in unison, “No-o-o!”
 
 
******************
 
 
“What is that smell?” InuYasha frowned as he pinched his nose. It was one of the few times he regretted having youkai senses.
 
Kagome was regretting her mating-enhanced senses, too. “Smells like shit.” The miko immediately turned red and clamped both her hands over her mouth.
 
 
******************
 
 
Outside Naraku's dungeon, where the three brothers were doing a strange dance that involved shaking their pants legs a lot, Onaraku caught sight of the Naraku puppet…which was at that moment clamping both hands over its mouth. “Now, why is it doing that?”
 
“Doing what?” came the voice in their heads.
 
“Covering its mouth with its hands. It almost looks embarrassed.”
 
“Pfft! As if I, the great Naraku, would ever be embarrassed.”
 
“Easy for him to say,” muttered Seijika.
 
 
******************
 
 
“What is this place?” asked Midoriko as she got out of the car. “Looks like…an amusement park.”
 
“One that hasn't run for years,” echoed Aoimaru.
 
Akamaru was the last out of the car and inhaled deeply as he exited. This was followed immediately by a coughing spell. “I think Nyoko's here, but what is that smell?”
 
“Oi! You should have been here a few minutes ago,” said InuYasha. “Your mother had such a problem with it, she even cuss…” InuYasha stopped as he saw the look Kagome was giving him. “Nevermind.”
 
Just then another car pulled up and out stepped Shippo and Kanna, followed by Kirara. The fire cat sniffed the air and immediately turned to get back into the car.
 
“None of that, Kirara,” said Shippo. “If I can stand it, you can.”
 
The fire cat almost seemed to sigh; then emerged from the car again. She transformed into her larger self and ventured over to nuzzle Kagome, who returned the favor by scratching her behind the ears.
 
“Long time, no see, girl.”
 
Kirara was uneasy. Despite the general stink in the air, she could detect a scent she hadn't encountered in hundreds of years, and she didn't like it.
 
Kagome sighed. “Yes, girl, we think it is him. I want you to know that I am grateful that you would come to help defeat him again.”
 
Kirara peered into the abandoned amusement park. Her centuries-gone master had chosen her friends well. The fire cat would not bring her dishonor by leaving them.
 
…although the smell was really annoying.
 
 
******************
 
 
Naraku tried his control of his own limbs and sighed. No good. He had attempted to maintain the accelerated development initiated by his three sons, and had actually managed to increase it somewhat, but he had only progressed to the ningen equivalent of six months. He had somewhat more motor control, but the only difference he could detect beyond that was that his diapers stank a lot more.
 
He would have to rely on his mental powers. That is, unless he could find a way to go back to his old method of rebuilding his body out of youkai parts. Yes, he would have to work on that. A smile crossed his lips as he thought about absorbing those three idiots who called themselves his sons. But at the moment he had a use for them. He turned his attention outward. “Onaraku, what is that giant replica of me doing?”
 
“Just standing there,” said an irritated-sounding Onaraku. “But if it attacks…”
 
“What is that damned miko up to?” thought Naraku.
 
The truth was that Kagome's presence always made Naraku nervous. The girl was the reincarnation of Kikyo - which was enough cause for concern - but she also had both an enormous soul and an immense reservoir of untapped power. So much power, in fact, that Naraku was afraid of her. Or, more properly stated, he was afraid of her potential. At least she was untrained in how to use her power.
 
A rather troubling thought came to mind and Naraku reached out to his three sons. “Just how long has it been?”
 
“Father?” That was Bengoshi.
 
“How long has it been since I was…destroyed?”
 
“The first or second time?”
 
“Just answer the question!” shouted an exasperated Naraku.
 
“About five hundred years.”
 
“Five hundred years?” Naraku wondered what the world was like outside his dungeon. He had rather imagined that the petty Japanese warlords were still fighting their petty wars for dominance.
 
But a lot could happen in five hundred years.
 
“And in those hundreds of years,” droned Seijika, “we, your sons by Oshirimaru…formerly the miko, Kikyo…”
 
“What was that?”
 
“Our mother. Your body and hers were joined as one and we were the result. Now we will join with you to rule Japan and the world!”
 
“Stop!” Unfortunately, his baby body wouldn't allow him to place his pounding head in his hands. Naraku didn't fully remember “joining with” this Oshirimaru, and he was pretty sure he didn't want to remember, but one thing he did know: the rantings of this fool were giving him a headache.
 
He had a strong memory of this Kikyo, however…but how had she turned into this Oshirimaru? He remembered having the heart of Onigumo, as well as suffering through Onigumo's pathetic lust for the miko, and how all that had gotten in the way of ridding himself of the undead miko. And now this fool was suggesting he had actually bedded the priestess?
 
The thought gave him the willies.
 
He had a fuzzy memory of some type of joining, as though it were all part of a cheap sake-induced nightmare, but it felt more like he had detached part of himself and reabsorbed it (along with its memory and experiences) rather that actually doing the dirty deed, himself.
 
He shuddered again and found himself wishing he could do to his own memories what he had done to Kohaku's.
 
Some memories just weren't worth keeping.
 
 
******************
 
 
“What have you been able to do with it so far?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“I can do the sympathetic magic bit. I can get it to walk when I walk, and so on. This whole puppet thing is new to me, you know,” replied Kagome. “I mean, Naraku could see through the eyes of his puppets. I can't do that.”
 
“Do you think you might get it to attack Naraku?”
 
“Are you serious? If I take a step, it takes a step. If I stop, it stops. What am I supposed to do? Walk right up to Naraku beside it?”
 
“This Sesshomaru sees your point, but also sees the value of your puppet as a distraction. This Sesshomaru may have a solution.” The Great Lord of the Western Lands turned to his mate. “Kagura?”
 
Kagura nodded. “I will fly you high above the puppet. Our theory is that even if you are walking in place, the forward motion of my feather will cause the creature to move forward to stay close to you.”
 
“Almost like a marionette following its master.”
 
“Exactly. We should be relatively safe.” Kagura smiled nervously. The wind witch didn't like having anything to do with the despicable creature who had threatened to crush her heart in his hand.
 
“And you seriously think Naraku will be fooled by this?”
 
“No,” answered Sesshomaru.
 
“No?”
 
“But you will lure the bastard out,” said InuYasha. “He won't be able to resist coming out to see that thing.”
 
“And that's when we'll get him,” said all three of the children of InuYasha and Kagome.
 
“And me, too,” announced Shippo. Kanna held onto Shippo's arm, nodding her agreement. She would help, too.
 
Even Kirara roared in Naraku's direction. As far as the fire cat was concerned, Naraku's dungeon was a litterbox and Naraku needed serious burying.
 
In the distance, Mount Fuji rumbled as if something under it sensed an approaching battle and wanted to join in.
 
 
 
A/N: Will the beast under Mount Fuji escape? Who will it attack if it does? Will Kagome be able to control the giant puppet of Naraku? These questions and more answered soon.
 
Remember, this is a rewrite.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!