InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Instincts ❯ Family Instincts - Endgame ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family Instincts - Endgame
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
Naraku realized he still had one move left. “Do not come any closer or the girl dies!
 
“What girl?”
 
The evil hanyou stared at the taiyoukai. “What do you mean `what girl?'” Your brother's son's precious mate, that's what girl.”
 
“This Sesshomaru repeats, what girl?”
 
The evil hanyou was mortified when InuYasha and Kagome and the three kids and Nyoko (and some other strange woman?) joined Sesshomaru, opposite him.
 
“Damnit!” All Naraku could do was bluster, “I will destroy you all!”
 
While this was an evil-enough threat, it came out in the voice of a seven-year-old child and really didn't have the desired effect.
 
To Naraku's further consternation, Kagome rushed forward, swept him into her arms and burbled, “Wittle Nawaku wants to destwoy us all, does he? Awwww, how cute!”
 
“What the hell is she doing?” thought Naraku. “Is she crazy?” A moment later, he had his answer. “Aaaaggghhh!” The bitch was trying to purify him!
 
At that precise instant, the beast from under Mount Fuji, finally made its appearance. Sighting the tormenters who had placed it in its prison years before, the beast began posturing for an attack.
 
Naraku did the only thing he could, given the circumstances. He used the distraction to break free from Kagome and escape back down into the dungeon.
 
The beast, then apparently under Naraku's control, abandoned all thoughts of an attack and charged down into the dungeon after him.
 
When Sesshomaru and InuYasha recovered and attempted to follow, the hundred-metre Naraku puppet cut them off.
 
An evil, purple-black aura began flashing from the stairwell.
 
“He's absorbing that thing!” yelled Kanna.
 
“Hn,” said Sesshomaru, stepping back.
 
“What are you doing?” shouted InuYasha. “We must attack!”
 
“You haven't changed, InuYasha. You still charge in without a plan.”
 
“But he's making himself stronger down there!”
 
“Hn.” The Great Lord of the Western Lands turned to Kagome. “Miko, I shall need your help and the help of one of your children.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Naraku was pleased with his new body.
 
It had been a simple matter for him to control the beast and it had been easy to absorb. He had even learned from its simple mind that it had been able to fight InuYasha and company to a standstill on a few occasions. Naraku smirked. It was a good start.
 
Now for the difficult part.
 
He had discovered a certain reluctance to indulge in his normal ruthlessness when it came to Nyoko. Of course, he hadn't told his idiot sons about it. There didn't seem to be any reason to burden them with information about his inadequacies.
 
It was rather like his situation with Kikyo. He hadn't been able to kill Kikyo because of his ties to her through Onigumo. Nyoko was his mother - not that it meant anything to him - but the human part of him, the baby, was attached to her.
 
But Naraku knew what to do about that.
 
Now that he had absorbed the beast and built up his strength, he could discard the no-longer-essential human part of him.
 
He began the process of expunging the bits within him that had been the baby and watched as they coalesced into a small thing that floated in the air before him. Naraku was fascinated at how tiny it was…about the size of a bean, he guessed…yet it was undeniably human. So small, so delicate, so easily crushed. He giggled.
 
Yet he didn't destroy it. He had been careless and lost its mother as a hostage. Naraku reached out and snatched the thing out of the air. The glow of his aura surrounded it, keeping it alive for now. It was a rather pitiful hostage.
 
But it would have to do.
 
 
******************
 
 
InuYasha, Sesshomaru and the gang watched in silence as Naraku climbed the steps out of his dungeon. Kagome stood with Nyoko, off to one side. Akamaru's new mother-in-law was back at one of the cars with Shippo and Kanna.
 
It was interesting that, once again, Naraku sported the face of Hitomi Kagewaki…a young noble he had killed and impersonated. The evil hanyou appeared to clutch something in one hand.
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands stepped forward. “You are up to something.”
 
“Ku-ku-ku,” laughed Naraku, now speaking in the voice they all remembered. “Why would you say that, Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
“Because you are always up to something. It is your nature to be underhanded and deceitful.”
 
“Nevertheless, you, yourself, have profited from our dealings.”
 
InuYasha stepped forward to stand beside his brother. “That ain't gonna work, Naraku.” The hanyou put his arm around the taiyoukai's shoulder. “Fluffy and I are friends, now.”
 
“You're pushing it,” whispered Sesshomaru.
 
“Fluffy?” said Naraku. “Fluffy?”
 
InuYasha looked at his brother and whispered, “This is gonna hurt, later, isn't it?”
 
Sesshomaru just stared back at him, expressionless, before turning his attention back to Naraku.
 
“Creepy,” thought InuYasha, who stepped away from his brother.
 
Both brothers unsheathed their katanas.
 
Naraku held out one hand with a small, glowing object held between thumb and forefinger. “I bet you're wondering what this is.” He tossed it into the air and caught it deftly. “Let me tell you.”
 
“If what my idiot sons told me is true, this is what a ningen baby looks like months before it is born.”
 
InuYasha heard a gasp from his mate. He glanced over to see her holding Nyoko. To say the girl was shocked would be an understatement.
 
“Why would you be surprised? I kept Kagura's heart with me to control her…and I kept my very own heart, alive outside my body, so you could not kill me.” Naraku turned the small thing over and over. “Now I hold InuYasha and Kagome's grandson in my hand.”
 
“How could that be, you bastard! You were a young boy the last time we saw you. How could that be Nyoko's baby?”
 
“Ku-ku-ku-ku. It has been barely two months since your son so obligingly helped create my new, albeit temporary, body. Bengoshi, Onaraku and Seijika used magic to make it grow faster. What I removed from my system was purely the human part.” Naraku tossed it up again and swiped his hand through the air to catch it. “Shall I crush him?”
 
“No!” yelled both Kagome and Nyoko.
 
“Then you won't mind if I take him with me.”
 
Sesshomaru bowed to Naraku and stepped back, motioning for InuYasha to move back with him. “It looks like you have us.”
 
Naraku started to grin evilly, but then his eyes narrowed and the evil hanyou frowned. “Lord Sesshomaru, it is not like you to…”
 
There was a bright pink flash from Naraku's closed hand. When the evil hanyou brought his hand up and opened it, palm up, there was nothing there. “What the hell?”
 
There was a second bright pink flash just above Nyoko's abdomen. The girl's breathing became erratic. After a few seconds, she began moaning loudly - which drew Naraku's attention - with the whole scene culminating in Nyoko's having a massive orgasm.
 
Naraku just stared.
 
“Feh! I do believe, Naraku, that you've impregnated my son's mate.” The two brothers raised their katanas as one and advanced together.
 
Naraku realized he had been forced into a fight. He started backing down the stairs, which gave him a more defensible position. He sent a mental order for the hundred-metre puppet to take an offensive stance with him.
 
Given the size of the thing, this placed it, open-legged, astride the stairwell.
 
Naraku never detected the sudden withdrawal of miko energy, which was the only thing that kept the hundred-metre puppet from bursting like a cheap balloon.
 
He never saw Midoriko fly between the legs of the puppet, using her katana to give it the rough equivalent of an episiotomy.
 
In fact, it was by the merest chance that he looked up in time to see hundreds of thousands of litres of organic fertilizer descending on him.
 
“Shit.”
 
Kagome thought she saw a bit of color amongst the muck cascading down the stairwell.
 
A few scant moments later, a brown column erupted from the hole in the rear of the dungeon. Naraku, looking considerably worse for wear, was shot high up into the air.
 
But what goes up, must come down…and an unconscious Naraku was no exception. They all watched as the evil hanyou's body came whistling back to earth, plummeting directly into the hole from which it had emerged.
 
Leaving one of the kids to watch the stairwell just in case, the remainder of the group gathered to peer into the hole. But there was no hole. Only a rippling, brown surface almost even with the ground.
 
InuYasha looked at Sesshomaru. “You gonna get him?”
 
Sesshomaru looked back at InuYasha. “After you, brother.”
 
“No, I insist.”
 
“No, this Sesshomaru insists.”
 
“Fight ya for it!”
 
“Loser has to get him!”
 
“Would you two cut it out?”
 
InuYasha and Sesshomaru found their mates glaring at them.
 
“Uh-oh.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“We have arrived at Mount Fuji.”
 
Naraku scowled inside the bubble Kagome had sealed him in. That was Kagura's voice. “I should have crushed your heart while I had the chance.”
 
“Straight towards the center of the mountain, Kagura,” said Kagome.
 
“Gladly.” The wind witch steered towards Mount Fuji. “But won't he just…umm…bounce off, Kagome?” When Kagura didn't receive an answer, she looked towards the miko. “Kagome?”
 
Kagome looked to be deep in meditation. As the barrier-encased Naraku reached Mount Fuji, the face of the mountain glowed pink and began to shimmer.
 
To Kagura's wide eyes, Naraku's bubble dissolved through the face of the mountain. She looked back at Kagome when the miko spoke.
 
“It is done. He is within the mountain.”
 
The miko turned her thoughts back to Naraku. “You are now buried at the center of Mount Fuji.”
 
“I got that creature out before. I will get myself out…sooner or later.”
 
“Perhaps.” The miko smiled. “One thing I've learned is that anything is possible.”
 
“You are soft, miko. You will leave me a way out, just as you did for the beast.” Naraku sneered. “Go ahead and surround me with your ofudas. I will find a weakness.”
 
“You are right, Naraku, and I will keep your counsel.”
 
“What?”
 
Kagome concentrated for a moment and ofudas appeared, completely surrounding Naraku.
 
Naraku sneered. “They are not that different from the others.”
 
“Examine them more closely.”
 
The smirk left Naraku's face. “Bitch.”
 
“Kagome? Why are you laughing?” asked Kagura.
 
“Naraku just discovered I made you his parole board.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“He doesn't get out unless you say so.”
 
“But I would never… Ohh-h-h.” The wind witch grinned from ear to ear. “Kind of turns the tables, huh, Naraku?”
 
“I will hunt down your children and your children's children.”
 
“Oh, and Naraku?” said Kagome. Receiving no acknowledgement except for a low grumble, the miko continued. “If Kagura dies, my ofudas become permanent.” The grumbling ceased. “And if I ever think one of our children has been harmed as a result of your actions, you just might find yourself floating in liquid manure again.”
 
“You don't have the…”
 
Kagome's brow creased for a moment and Naraku watched as holes opened in the stone walls surrounding him. There was a rushing sound coming from the holes.
 
“No! Stop!”
 
Kagome smiled sweetly. “All you have to do to get out of there is reform…and convince Kagura that you really have reformed.”
 
“But she'll never let me out.”
 
“Oh, darn,” exclaimed Kagome. “Kagura?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Let's get back to the boys.”
 
Kagome turned her thoughts back to Naraku one last time. “See you later. `Kay?”
 
 
 
A/N: Something tells me that it's a bad idea to get on Kagome's bad side. Of course, getting on her good side was never really an option for Naraku. Epilogue after this.
 
Remember, this is a rewrite…although this chapter is mostly new.
 
Please read and review. Thanks!