InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Instincts ❯ Family Instincts - Epilogue ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family Instincts - Epilogue
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
“Oi! You did what?”
 
Kagura answered for Kagome. “She made me the final judge over his release…sort of his parole board.”
 
“But you'd never…”
 
“That's the idea,” said Kagome. “The beast got out because I set up ofudas that would let it out if it learned to behave. Naraku was right about my having a soft spot, and it gave him a way to obtain the beast's release. See, although I never thought that thing would get out, I had to give it a chance, no matter how slight.”
 
“And so you had to give Naraku a chance?”
 
“Well, sure. And if he can ever convince Kagura he's reformed…”
 
“Nyoko's mother is taken care of.” All eyes turned to Sesshomaru as he entered the kitchen.
 
“Oi. How'd you manage that?”
 
“There have been a sufficient number of cases of people losing their memories and disappearing that the authorities were willing to believe in one more,” answered Sesshomaru. “The police did find it strange that Onaraku disappeared about the same time as Nyoko's mother reappeared, but, courtesy of Shippo and his shape-changing abilities, the man was seen boarding a tramp steamer.”
 
“Nice.”
 
“This Sesshomaru also arranged for the sale of certain - assets - held by Onaraku. Understandably, Nyoko's mother did not wish to retain her husband's porn sites. Also understandably, she was not opposed to keeping the proceeds from their sale. She is a rich woman.”
 
“Feh. You bought `em, didn't you?”
 
The Great Lord of the Western Lands raised one eyebrow. “It was one way to remove the pictures of this Sesshomaru and Kagura from the web.”
 
“You and Kagura?”
 
“And Shippo and Kanna.”
 
“You and Kagura and Shippo and Kanna…and…?”
 
“All those pictures have been destroyed.”
 
“What about our pictures?”
 
“They have been removed from the net.”
 
“…and?”
 
“This Sesshomaru has decided you should not call him `Fluffy,' anymore. If you do not call this Sesshomaru `Fluffy' again, the pictures of you and Kagome will never reappear on the net.”
 
“You bastard.”
 
“Put down Tetsusaiga, InuYasha.”
 
“But, Kagome! He's got our pictures!” InuYasha turned to face Sesshomaru. “Kaze no…”
 
“Osuwari!”
 
<CRASH>
 
“What did you do that for?”
 
“You will not `Kaze no Kizu' your brother in our kitchen!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Akamaru rolled back, exhausted, after making love with his mate for the fourth time. “By the kamis, woman! I thought being pregnant would cut back on your sex drive.”
 
“No such luck,” Nyoko giggled. “If anything, it makes me hornier.”
 
Akamaru groaned. “I'm done for!”
 
“You're a hanyou. You can take it.”
 
“And you're insatiable.”
 
“Hmmm, I wasn't before I met you.”
 
“Oh, so you're blaming it on me.”
 
“Yeah.” Nyoko rolled over and got half on top of her mate so she could look him in the eyes. She stared at the top of his head and concentrated until she could see two fuzzy doggie ears…which she then seized between her fingers, starting a gentle massage. “I was hooked the moment I saw these.”
 
Akamaru began to purr.
 
“Hmmmmm. Ready for number five?”
 
Akamaru groaned playfully, and then chuckled. “You don't know how much like mom you really are.”
 
“Is that what excites you about me?”
 
“No. I mean, yes. I mean…Nyoko…there's no way to answer that question.”
 
“Your mom offered me one of her old school uniforms. I tried it on and it actually fits.”
 
“Uhh-h.”
 
“Hmm, looks like you're ready for number five now.”
 
 
 
 
A/N: Thank you for all reviews…both on the original story and on this rewritten version.
 
I was never happy with the original version of this story. I wrote it in a hurry, didn't proofread it sufficiently, and I think there were a lot of loose ends and unsupported elements…plus I've always felt the ending was a pure copout. Not a very good way to end a trilogy that started with “A Miko's Instincts.”
 
I think I've fixed most problems in this new version. Even if nobody reads and reviews it, I feel better. But please do read and review. (And if anyone who read and reviewed the original reads and reviews this, I thank them especially.)
 
Thank you!
 
Okay, I feel much better now.