InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Trip ❯ The List ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: The List…
 
Kagome sighed at she started to write. “T-shirts, socks, pants, shorts...” she recited as she began to scribble relatively quickly on her pad of paper.
 
InuYasha cut her off “what do I need all of that for?”
 
Kagome gave him a dry look and explained, “ok number 1 you can't go walking around like that...”she indicates his bright red kimono, “you'll draw too much unwanted attention and those clothes need to be washed SOMETIME.” InuYasha returned her comment with a severe look. But Kagome keep on going “I don't know when you wash them in the feudal era but in my time you are going to wash you clothes whether you like it or not...on a regular basis. And even if you do wash your kimono what are you going to do while its getting cleaned? Run around naked?”
 
InuYasha glared knowing she had won but needed to say something as a comeback anyway, “I don't need...”
 
But Kagome cut him off. “You DO need modern clothes and your going to have to get over it...now were was I?” she ended indicating that this argument was now over.
 
InuYasha growled silently still whining to himself about the soon to be garment change, `Why do I have to wear her stupid modern clothes? They're uncomfortable…'uh how do you know that?' a little voice in the back of his head questioned, `they just are that's why!' He answered. `...No, I will not do this, I will not argue with myself…especially over this stupid argument I have no chance of winning anyway' InuYasha let out a frustrated sigh and continued to listen to Kagome's ever growing list of things her would supposedly need…
 
“Shoes, boxers…”Kagome went on.
 
“Are we done yet?” InuYasha complained
 
Kagome sighed and said, “No, that is only the bare essentials, very bare, now lets see, a few sweatshirts, a jacket...oh and I almost forgot…a numerous amount of hats...”
 
“What in the world am I going to use a hat for?!” InuYasha exclaimed.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and said, “to cover your EARS!!!! Come on InuYasha, *sigh* sometimes you can be so dense.”
 
InuYasha made a face and to his surprise, Kagome smiled. “What?” he asked in complete sincerity.
 
Kagome just laughed and said “your so cute when your mad like that”
 
InuYasha's jaw literarily hit the floor, `what?! I mean I'm not complaining or anything, but that was just a little but out of the blue…or was it? I don't know, I'm so confused, help, but wait this is good…I think'
 
He was brought back when Kagome reached up and tweaked one of his soft, white, fuzzy ears. Kagome then went back to her list and started to write more clothing articles on it, which just got him back into a bad mood.
 
“Lets see, oh! And sunglasses, how could I have forgotten?” Kagome said
 
InuYasha was now completely confused and getting a bit agitated by the fact that he did know ANYTHING about Kagome's world. By the look on InuYasha's face Kagome decided to tell him what sunglasses were.
 
“Ok, InuYasha, sunglasses are plastic mostly and they are placed over your eyes but they have lenses in them so you can see though them but other people cant see you eyes...well that is what they are going to be used for in your case but most people use them to keep the sun out of there eyes.”
 
InuYasha blinked, possibly more confused now than before she explained them. Kagome rolled her eyes once more and said you'll see soon enough. She then stared into space with her head turned in InuYasha's direction and said to nothing in particular “what else?”
 
By now InuYasha was bored out of his mind and very irritated as well as tired for some reason…'maybe its Kagome's weird era' he thought but since he was tired he was cranky and when Kagome asked “what else” to nothing he thought that the question was directed to him and he snapped backing a very harsh tone that he hadn't intended on using “How should I know wench?”
 
Kagome was shocked at first by his harsh tone but then got angry, she had put up with his negative attitude all evening and now he snaps at her for no reason, `that jerk!' “I wasn't asking you! I was just saying it you big jerk!” She snapped back, but not nearly as harsh as InuYasha had snapped at her.
 
“fine! Whatever!” he was about to say something nasty but paused, `what am I doing? I didn't mean to snap in the first place, why am I making it worse? She didn't even direct it at me…I am such an idiot, shouldn't I apologize? No, but wait I should but…but OH QUITE MAKING EXCUSES AND JUST APOLOGIZE!!! Fine…' InuYasha gave in to one of the many conflicting voices in his head.” I'm sorry Kagome” he mumbled, “I didn't mean to snap at you like that” he had his face to the ground and was mumbling so it was hard to hear him.
 
Kagome hear him just fine and blinked in surprise…'oh, my, god, did InuYasha just APOLOGIZE?! Wow now that's a first...no, this is a REAL first, he apologized and nobody forced him to...nobody even asked him to! Wow now this is weird, but hey I'm not gonna waste this I doesn't happen very often' “I'm sorry to InuYasha, I'm just a bit tired is all” Kagome says right before she yawns. InuYasha was surprised by his accepted apology and then on top of that Kagome apologized to and she didn't even do anything...but that was Kagome for you, always the good guy...or girl, whatever.
 
After Kagome finishes yawning she leans over a bit and starts to lean on InuYasha who is surprised by this at first but then relaxes and just sits there content with Kagome peacefully resting on him. Once he turned to say something to her but ended up inhaling a full breath of her sent and relaxing again happy, for the moment.
 
A few minuets later Kagome sat fully upright and InuYasha who had involuntarily started to lean into her fell over and would have hit her bed but landed in her lap instead.
 
Kagome burst out laughing when he did so, she thought that is was pretty funny that he fell over onto her lap. She was laughing so hard that her eyes started to tear.
 
InuYasha who hadn't moved though all of this looked at her with mild concern and said, “Are you all right Kagome? You're crying.”
 
Kagome nodded and said in between giggles while wiping her eyes dry of extra moisture, “no... I'm...ok... I... was just... laughing really...really hard... and some peoples'…eyes tear when they do that.”
 
InuYasha looked at her confused again and just replied, “whatever”
 
Kagome smiled at this `he is so cute when he is confused'
 
InuYasha realizes something and says, “Hey, Kagome, what was so funny that made you laugh?”
 
Kagome was surprised at this “well for one that look on your face was priceless and the fact that you fell over when I moved.” She smiled just thinking about it.
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and sighed “Kagome, your weird.”
 
“And so are you” she replies softly.
 
She then reaches down and stokes InuYasha's long soft whit hair.
 
InuYasha is surprised by this and would have moved...except that Kagome's touch made him stay and once he relaxed he realized how good it felt for Kagome to play with his hair.
 
Kagome's hand then came across one of his ears; she smiled as her hand brushed against its fuzzy surface.
 
InuYasha didn't see Kagome smile since he had closed his eyes in relaxation when Kagome was grooming his hair.
 
Kagome then moved both hands onto his ears and started to softly rub them.
 
InuYasha almost sat up and growled at this, he didn't like people messing with his ears. He put up with Kagome's mother because he had to…come to think of it Kagome's mom had not yet tweaked his ears this visit but decided that was a good thing because if he was near her for more than two seconds she usually did. He also had to put up with Kagome touching them every once and awhile but not that often. And for some reason at first he had not been happy with Kagome rubbing his ears, but the longer she did it, the more he enjoyed it, her touch was so relaxing and for some reason it felt good to have someone affectionately rub his ears.
 
Kagome sat there rubbing his ears wondering if it was ok, and decided it was since he didn't move or object. Then something happened that made her start, a soft growl emerged from InuYasha, it wasn't threatening or aggressive, but calm and welcoming more like a purr than anything else. `Is InuYasha PURRING?' Kagome almost burst out laughing again but didn't want to kill the moment so to speak. So she settled for smiling very widely instead, Kagome sat there and rubbed his ears for some time, InuYasha purring for all of it, until Kagome's eyes wandered from his peaceful face to her clock. `8:30, 8:30! Shoot!!!' “Ah! It's 8:30!!”
 
InuYasha just about jumped out of his skin, it had been dead silent until then, no grandpa, no Souta, it was dead silent, and then Kagome screamed. This not only startled him but it nearly killed his ears, his sensitive demon ears were stabbed with white-hot knives as the sound penetrated them. InuYasha rolled out of Kagome's lap clutching his ears groaning.
 
He fell off the bed and Kagome hoped down next to him, “are you all right?” she asked with sincere concern.
 
InuYasha al but growled back, “Why did you have to yell so loud?”
 
Kagome blinked and realized what she had done, “oh sorry InuYasha I forgot, but I'm really sorry. I just realized what time it was and the list isn't even done.”
 
InuYasha groaned, “What do you mean it's not done?”
 
“I only got the cloths part of your supplies on that list” she responded.
 
“Figures” InuYasha mutters.
 
“Now com on” Kagome says while she starts to dig though her dresser. “I have to take a shower.” she pauses and a smiles.
 
“What?” InuYasha asks at the look on her face.
 
Kagome's grin becomes wider as she adds, “and so do you.”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: So what do you think? Sorry about the long wait and the short chapter but I promise that the next one will make up for it…trust me. Oh how did you like InuYasha arguing with himself? Now that was fun to come up with but a bit hard to understand, so tell me if you got it or not I may have to reword it so more people get it. And I changed the way I spelled souta's name so hopefully that will make a few people happy, oh well, I will try to get the next chapter up soon and I will really try but with my big service project drawing nearer and nearer I have less and less time to do anything, plus I am still recovering from a long camping trip. So I'm not in the best of shape to be writing but I will try to get my next chapter up soon thanks to all who review I appreciate it a lot I hope you liked this chapter!!!^^