InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fates Intertwined ❯ A Foul Wind Blows ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
Written for the Summer Challenge #4 at the Mirsanficart community challenge at LiveJournal. The prompt was “Wind” and the limit was 500 words.
 
 
Title: A Foul Wind Blows
Author: doggieearlover
Rating: G
Type: Canon; takes place during chapter 558
Characters: Miroku, InuYasha, Sango, Kaede
Summary: InuYasha does his best to refuse an invitation to dinner
 
 
A Foul Wind Blows
 
“InuYasha, are you certain you would not like to come to dinner?” Miroku was puzzled. It wasn't like the hanyou to turn down a meal, even if Sango wasn't nearly as good a cook as she was a warrior.
 
“I… I… I promised Kaede I'd help her with something,” the hanyou lied.
 
“Sango promised she would do her best not to cry. She knows that makes you uncomfortable, but she cannot help that her emotions are a little unstable. Kaede said that is common for women in her condition, especially for as far along as she is,” the monk assured him.
 
“That's not the condition that bothers me,” InuYasha muttered under his breath.
 
“Is something else wrong?” Miroku's eyes widened and he started breathing too fast. “Something is wrong, isn't it! There's something wrong with my wife that you are not telling me. InuYasha, what is it? What's wrong with Sango?” he pleaded.
 
The hanyou's shoulders sagged, and he sighed. He had not meant to upset his friend. “There's nothing… Sango isn't sick… at least I don't think she is.”
 
“Thenî º”
 
Sango interrupted, “Husband! InuYasha! There you are! Are you coming to dinner, InuYasha? Did Houshi tell you I'm making your favorite dish?”
 
She suddenly flushed red, turned away, and started in the direction of the hut she shared with Miroku. “It will be ready soon, so don't take too long,” Sango called back.
 
Miroku looked at InuYasha, whose eyes were watering, and he had his sleeve over his nose and mouth. Unable to hold back any longer, he started coughing.
 
“Are you all right?” Miroku asked.
 
Squeezing his eyes shut, the hanyou nodded. He choked out, “How do you stand it?”
 
“What?... Oh…” Miroku eventually puzzled out as the gentle breeze drifted in his direction.
 
“It's bad enough out here… how do you stand being cooped up in the hut with her? I mean… I know it isn't her fault…” InuYasha stammered.
 
Miroku took a deep breath, and started coughing himself. He waved his hand in front of him to clear the air. “Kaede thinks it's the amount of vegetables she's eating, and the lack of room in her belly due to the growing baby. She did say she has an herb that should help. Would you come to dinner if we can get her to try it? And if we eat outside?”
 
The hanyou sagged in defeat. “All right, I'll try… but if it gets to be too much…”
 
“You will have to leave,” Miroku finished for him. “Shall we see Kaede first?”
 
InuYasha eagerly nodded.
 
Kaede looked up to see the two males approach her. “It's not Sango's time yet, is it?”
 
“We're here about that problem I discussed with you earlier,” the monk answered.
 
“Ah… you want something for her wind problem,” Kaede prodded.
 
“Foul wind,” InuYasha grumbled under his breath.
 
“Especially to your sensitive nose, I suspect,” she responded. “I can help relieve that, but you're on your own with her cooking.”