InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feh, It's Probably Me... ❯ When your belly’s empty and the hunger’s so real ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is part two…please read and review! I'm having trouble finishing it…I need feedback! Go get this song, "It's Probably Me" by Sting. I know for sure that it's on his Ten Summoner's Tales album…Great songs for anime minded people!

When your belly's empty and the hunger's so real

And you're too proud to beg and too dumb to steal

You search the city for your only friend

No one would you see

You ask yourself, who could it be

A solitary voice to speak out and set you free

I hate to say it,

I hate to say it,

But it's probably me.

Kagome sighed, staring out the window of her bedroom. She was almost sick with loneliness. If had somehow filled her stomach, making it ache with some unknown hunger. The cold knot grew tighter every day she was away from the Sengoku Jidai. She had to be strong; he had chosen Kikyo. It was obvious there was no way she could compete with her. She couldn't go back and beg for him to love her. There was no way. She just had to let Inuyasha go, no matter how big the ache in her belly became. It was just something she was going to have to live with now. She lay back down on her bed, staring at the Shikon shards on her desk. Reaching under her bed, she pulled out the hakata and wrapped it around her. It still smelled like him…her mother had offered to wash it for her. She had said no and burst in tears at the thought of his scent washing out of the red cloth.

Outside her window, Inuyasha sighed and tried to convince himself that he had come for the shards. But watching her try to disappear into his jacket was almost too much. If she'd only ask to come back, he'd try to take care of her too. Maybe if he could just talked to her for a minute. No, that wouldn't be fair. His ears drooped…why couldn't she understand that he had to take care of Kikyo. His heart beat harder in his chest. But it was so hard being away from Kagome, he never felt like this when Kikyo wasn't around. He started as Kagome got up from her bed and grabbed the small bottle holding the shards. She was coming back! His heart leapt in his chest, joyously. Following close behind her, he watched as she entered the well house with bated breath. His heart in his throat, he waited for her to return to him, where she belonged.

Kagome reached the edge of the well. If only Kikyo was dead! She thought then stopped. When had she become such an awful girl to think such thing? She took a step back. I must look very ugly right now, she sighed. She couldn't go see Inuyasha for the last time with such a face. She turned and walked back to the light of the door.

Inuyasha had to run to keep Kagome from seeing him as she reemerged from the well house. His heart fell. She wasn't going back to him after all…He left up into the trees. Looking left he was surprised to see his tree…leaping to its familiar branches he waited for Kagome to go back to the house. To his surprise she walked right to the God tree where he was hidden. She touched the place where he had been pinned for fifty years. Sighing she leaned her forehead against the tree. "I don't understand, god." She whispered. "Why did I meet him if this was the only going to hurt so much." Chuckling sadly, she whipped at the tears running down her face. "When did start to love him this much?"

Inuyasha's keen ears heard every word. He almost whispered her name, but stopped before she heard him. No matter how hard this was, he had to keep her at a distance…or she'd end up hating him too. He couldn't let the only good, shining thing in his life hate him…

Kagome sniffed bravely. If she could just hear his voice one more time she would be able to deal with letting him go. If only she could hear him, even if he was yelling. It would help…She turned to see her mother standing behind her. "Mama…" She whispered. Running towards the woman, Kagome's tears sparkled in the sunlight.

Inuyasha watched silently as Kagome's mother comforted her daughter. It reminded him so much of his mother it hurt. But Kagome's kindness had also reminded him of his mother too. Kagome reminded him of so many things…his ears perked up.

"You know, Kagome, this tree has always made me feel safe." Her mother put her arm around Kagome's shoulders, smiling lost in her memories. "Your father proposed to me here, did you know that?"

Kagome sniffled and shook her head.

"We had had a huge fight the day before…I was really worried that things wouldn't work out. But then he met me at this tree and everything was wonderful." She tilted her head to look up in the branches. "I feel indebted to this tree…because of it, I have the two most precious treasures in the world, Sota," Her eyes fixed on Inuyasha, staring deep into his eyes as if to tell him to listen to her. "And you, you Kagome are a very precious treasure."

"Oh, Mama…" Kagome leaned in on her mother's shoulder and sobbed. If only he were here, she thought, if I could just hear his voice one more time, everything would be fine…I never even let him explain what had happened…

Her mother only stared into the tree branches and petted her daughter's soft hair.

Who's fault was it that Kagome was crying…it's probably me, he thought silent in the leafy cover of the tree, unable to meet Kagome's mother's eyes.

PLEASE REVIEW…Help me finish this Song Fic! Love you all! Darth Mer-Mer Momijichan@hotmail.com