InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Adventures ❯ His Answer: Yes... or No? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Disclaimer: Me no own Inuyasha… Rumiko Takahashi does!
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Feudal Adventures--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
#Sesshomaru's thoughts#
(Sesshomaru's beast's thoughts)
--Kagome's thoughts--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last time-
 
“I wanted to ask… if you would join our group to hunt the Shikon shards as well as Naraku.”
 
Sesshomaru blinked, not exactly expecting her to ask quite that.
 
The rest of the group froze at the question, and gaped at Kagome, stupefied, and looking like fish.
 
Sango mentally shook her head and almost slapped her forehead. Men could be such idiots.
 
Kagome fidgeted slightly, but held up her confidence.
 
“Soo…” she smiled disarmingly. “What do ya say?” she asked, feeling a bit awkward at the stares she was getting.
 
…Her question was met with dead silence save for the slight creaking of crickets…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
 
--His answer: Yes… or No?
 
This time-
 
One minute of deafening awkward silence had passed and no one spoke up.
 
Kagome's first thought was to check if Inuyasha was still breathing…
 
Usually he'd be screaming out to his egos content in a situation like this in less than a mili-second
 
Reluctantly her eyes drifted towards Inuyasha and she grimaced.
 
The image she saw wasn't pretty.
 
Red face, eyes reduced to slits, twitching eye, a strange twisted half frown/scowl, ears flattened to the base of his head, and a tick mark on his forehead.
 
All classic signs of anger and once combined they spelled PISSED. OFF. AS. HELL.
 
Now if it wasn't herself that the inu-hanyou was angry at she would most likely crack a smile and say she hasn't ever seen her best friend so furious, not even around Naraku.
 
Heh, she deserved a medal.
 
Kagome chanced a look at the other brother
 
Sesshomaru stared back unflinchingly. “Jaken.” He said curtly.
 
Jaken shot up and scrambled over. “Yes m'lord.” He squawked hurriedly.
 
“Take Rin to Ah-Un.”
 
Jaken blinked, before nodding eagerly. “Of course m'lord! Come Rin! Do as Sesshomaru-sama says!” he waddled over to the edge of the clearing.
 
Rin jumped up and hugged Kagome and Sango. “Thank you Kagome-chan! Sango-chan!
 
Kagome smiled and Sango nodded. “Bye Rin-chan!” they said with as much cheerfulness they could muster up in their current, grim, situation.
 
After she left Sesshomaru stared at her, his eyes hard. “Do you presume that this Sesshomaru needs the help of a ragtag group to defeat the vile hanyou?”
 
Kagome's eyes widened. The fuck? “What?! No! I'm asking for your alliance to defeat Naraku. What's so bad about that?” she demanded hotly.
 
His eyes narrowed in a snap. “I see no benefit for this Sesshomaru should he join this pack and go about traipsing around the lands to search for petty shards. It is not my responsibility nor should it be.”
 
Kagome scowled. “Petty shards'?! she repeated dangerously. “These petty shards cost numerous of lives! Innocent ones! Both youkai and ningen alike! And you call it petty?! If Naraku somehow gets his hands on the whole Shikon Kami knows what he'd wish for! World domination! Wipe out the ningen or youkai race. Become all powerful, so much that you would pale in comparison. Hell, he could wish for your demise if he wanted.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an elegantly sculpted eyebrow. “Pray tell, who is at fault for the distribution of those jewel shards?” he asked, the epitome of arrogance.
 
Kagome flinched and Inuyasha growled at his brother, his hand gripping the hilt of Tetsuaiga firmly.
 
Kagome's fist clenched and her gaze drifted downwards. “I blame myself everyday for what happened. I can never escape the weight from it; it tears at my heart to know that I had a hand in Sango-chan's family being slain, Koga's pack being cut down, and Shippo's mother and father being killed. Everyday is a reminder, whether it's being said or not.
 
Her group looked at her in shock, and Inuyasha looked away in guilt.
 
Kagome closed her eyes for a moment, recollecting herself before her eyes snapped open and she looked up at defiantly. “I know this is partly my fault, but then again, I didn't choose to be dragged into this; I didn't know I housed the Shikon No Tama. I may have shattered it, but it was either that I let that crow demon keep the whole Jewel or I try and kill it. I didn't think the jewel could shatter to countless pieces and scatter around the land. I'm not a seer.”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed and her chin lifted up stubbornly. “The one truly at fault is Naraku, for what he did fifty years ago. If he never set Inuyasha and Kikyo against each other, Kikyo wouldn't have died, Inuyasha wouldn't have been sealed to the Goshinboku, and the jewel wouldn't have been reborn in my body.”
 
Her eyes took an uncharacteristic cold edge. “But either way I'm rectifying that mistake. I am dedicating my time to collect the shards and putting everything back into place.”
 
Sesshomaru's gaze slid up to the moon before he responded. “Girl, you talk too much
 
Sango, Miroku, Shippo and even Kirara glared at the Taiyoukai. Inuyasha growled under his breath.
 
Kagome's forehead ticked and she clenched her jaw and fixed Sesshomaru with a steely gaze. “What's your answer, yes or no? Will you go off and try to kill Naraku yourself, or will you join the group and help put a stop to the needless killing of innocent ningen and youkai?”
 
Golden eyes slid languidly to meet Kagome's serious sapphire orbs. “This Sesshomaru will have to decline. This Sesshomaru needs no assistance to take down the vile hanyou, and will not have his time wasted looking for a cursed jewel. Naraku will die, and by this Sesshomaru's hand only.”
 
Kagome stared at him in something akin to disappointment. “And at what cost…?” Kagome asked in a whisper. “You're sending innocent people to their graves…”
 
Sesshomaru held his head up high. “It will be of their fault then, not this Sesshomaru's. If they are not strong enough to survive, they did not deserve to live… For there to be life the must be death…
 
Kagome shook her head, not believing it. “You may think that, but what if it was Rin-chan? Naraku is notorious for using loved ones against his enemies. “
 
A shadow crossed Sango's eyes.
 
Sesshomaru gave Kagome a warning growl. “Do not assume this Sesshomaru feels such a useless emotion. This Sesshomaru loves no one.”
 
Inuyasha snorted. `No one but yourself… fuckin' arrogant bastard…'
 
Sesshomaru bared his teeth to Inuyasha in a silent snarl. “Learn your place Hanyou.”
 
Inuyasha's responding snarl was more vocal.
 
Kagome reached out and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “It's ok Inuyasha. Just calm down.”
 
Inuyasha's cheeks heated up but it was barely noticeable. He crossed his arms and turned away. “Feh.”
 
Sesshomaru scoffed. A little earlier the two were at each other's throats and tossing insults
 
He would never understand the point of those ningen emotions.
 
Kagome turned to him when she heard the scoff and decided to end this all before a brawl broke out. “I see that I can't change your mind. We'll leave you alone from now on. I wish you safe travels.” She bowed her head lightly; it was more for hospitality than respect.
 
Sesshomaru let out a sniff but nodded once. Elegantly rising he turned on his heel and left without a word.
 
But before he reached the edge of the clearing Kagome called out to him. “Just so you know, the offer is still open anytime you want to take up on it.”
 
Sesshomaru paused but didn't turn. He gave a non-committal “Hn.” before continuing on his leave, disappearing in the shadows.
 
Kagome had only one thought as her oceanic eyes lingered on the Taiyoukai while he departed.
 
--Kami is he insufferable…--
 
Her gaze strayed to her group once he was out of sight.
 
Seeing Inuyasha's angered glare, Shippo's astonished face, and Miroku's raised wry eyebrow made her smile awkwardly and chuckle nervously.
 
She tried easing the tension that wrapped its grubby hands around them with a sheepish smile. “I think that was the most I've ever heard him say…” she mused.
 
Numerous birds took to the sky as a roar echoed through the forest and shook the trees.
 
KA-GO-ME!!”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Next Day—
 
In a secluded castle where neither servants nor nobles flocked lurked a man with a dark aura and a sadistic gleam in his eyes.
 
A small girl with lifeless eyes and nothing but white on kneeled in front of the man, holding up a mirror, showing the images that passed on it.
 
A malicious smirk crossed the man's face. “It's time.”
 
--
 
Sesshomaru was making his way back from his patrol when he heard it.
 
The deafening shriek that no doubt escaped from his ward's mouth.
 
Not sparing a second he picked up the pace he reached his camp in less than three seconds flat.
 
But fate wasn't on his side since it seemed it was a second too long. It was too quiet for his liking.
 
The camp was absolutely trashed, the supplies Ah and Un carried were scattered around the clearing, the dragon themselves sprawled against a tree trunk and rendered unconscious.
 
His retainer was also knocked out in a pile of green and cloth on the ground.
 
The only thing missing was the energetic bubbly ward that was usually by his side.
 
Eyes narrowing Sesshomaru lifted up his nose slightly, taking careful sniffs around the camp, deciphering the smells with ease.
 
A rumble made itself known as a low, dangerous growl escaped his throat once he discovered exactly who was here.
 
And it didn't exactly help when his nose picked up on the scent of a certain adolescent's blood and when his eyes landed on a message painted on the ground with said person's blood.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes bleed red and he shot off in the direction of his ward, leaving everything behind.
 
`If you want the girl back, be fast… it would be such a shame for her to return only to be broken in more ways than one…'
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
-- One day later--
 
Kagome's grip around Shippo tightened when she felt him shiver underneath the hair prickling atmosphere as their group traveled on the dirt path.
 
The clouds were colored dark and shielded the sun's beams from shining down on them as per usual on a summer day.
 
It was a bad omen, they all knew it.
 
Inuyasha was stiff, his silver dog ears erect and twitching this way and that.
 
Sango was tensed and dressed in her slayers outfit, one hand against her Hiraikotsu in case she needed to pull it out quickly. Kirara sat on Sango's shoulder, eyes narrowed and neck fur standing up.
 
Miroku kept pace with Sango, his hand clenching the rosary that kept back his Kazaana. His eyes glittered critically as he scanned the horizon.
 
Kagome was no different, spreading out her senses to pick up on any signals, whether they are jewel shards or danger.
 
Only a minute longer passed when she felt both.
 
Her head snapped to Inuyasha. “I feel jewel shards ahead of us, less than a mile. It's huge… and evil. It's Naraku's.” she relayed to him seriously.
 
Inuyasha's golden eyes lit up with excitement; finally, they were going to fight him head on… He looked around at everyone. “Well what the hell are y'all waitin' for?! Let's go!” And with that he leapt towards Kagome and crouched, silently telling her to climb on.
 
Kagome nodded to Shippo who climbed over to perch on her shoulder as she climbed on Inuyasha's back while Sango and Miroku climbed on a now transformed Kirara.
 
Not wasting a second Inuyasha bounded off the second Kagome was safely secured, heading towards the location of both the jewel shards and Naraku.
 
Kagome relaxed against Inuyasha's back, reveling in the feel of the wind blowing past her and through her hair.
 
Halfway there Kagome`s senses prickled, and her eyebrows furrowed. “Do you feel that?” Kagome muttered against Inuyasha's ears.
 
Said ear's twitched. “Feel what?” he said loudly enough for her to hear against the rushing wind.
 
Kagome stared out, eyes narrowed. “Sesshomaru's here already…”
 
Inuyasha blinked but quickly snorted. “Feh who gives a fuck? The prick said he was goin' after Naraku. He just better not kill em before I get there!”
 
Kagome shook her head, her eyes flashing in concern. “It's not just that… he's angry…”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Well he ain't gonna be all sunshine and daisies when he's fightin' the bastard Kagome!” he countered smartly.
 
Kagome didn't take the bait, choosing to only shake her head. “No, I mean he's really angry. I think he's in demon rage, or close to it.” She murmured softly.
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened when he heard that and cursed heavily. “Fuckin' hell! Sango! Miroku! We're speedin' it up!” he shouted back to his companions, picking up the pace.
 
An angry or annoyed Sesshomaru was common during a battle, but losing himself in rage was a whole other thing entirely.
 
Inuyasha knew the `almighty Taiyoukai' was usually his `icicle' self during a battle, but it took a lot to get him into demon rage, and it wasn't pretty either…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Naraku's Castle—
 
Countless mauled bodies and blood flooded the grounds of the castle. Limbs and decapitated heads were scattered around the place in the mass. Whip and slash marks were tattooed on the bodies, showing how they were struck down.
 
Cracks littered the ground, even more evidence of the battle that took place.
 
Silver hair and pristine silk cloths billowed in the wind, spotless of any specks or stains as they were left untouched in the battle. Red rimmed eyes glared at the castle, a raging aura pulsed around the demon who gripped an evil sword before said demon stepped forward and entered the castle, intent on taking back which was stolen from him.
 
--
 
“Oh shit.”
 
Inuyasha's mouth dropped a bit at the mass carnage sitting in front of him, his amber eyes glinting with slight interest and amazement.
 
And he's seen a lot of gore, blood, and guts during his life so that meant a lot.
 
His eyes flickered in amusement for a second…
 
His brother sure did a number on here…
 
Turning back to the group he rolled his eyes at their wide eyes and grimaces. “C'mon I can smell the bastard; he was just here not a lot long ago. I wanna get goin' before Fluffy actually kills Naraku.” He complained impatiently, already going over to the castle.
 
The group blinked and shook themselves out of it, their hands inching towards their weapons in the tension that clouded the air.
 
Stepping into the castle they followed as Inuyasha led the way as he sniffed out the path his half-brother took.
 
All of their weapons were half out and ready as they traveled through the eerily quiet castle, just in case something jumped out and attacked them.
 
Kagome bit her lip as she followed behind her hanyou best friend; she couldn't feel any aura in the castle so that meant nobody was in here.
 
She reached out to grab Inuyasha's shoulder, whose ears were twitching frantically to pick up some kind of sound. “I don't think anyone's in here Inuyasha-kun… it's just too quiet.”
 
Surprisingly Inuyasha nodded his agreement. “Yea, I think they went out back or somethin'… if Sesshomaru's pissed then the place would be shakin' and crap. Let's go…” he set up a brisk pace, leaving behind the quiet and stealthy approach.
 
As they reached the shoji door that let back outside he slammed it to the side harshly, bounding out with his sword drawn as he felt the overwhelming pressure of Sesshomaru's spiking in rage.
 
Kirara hissed under her breath from Sango's shoulder and tried to shake the tingling feeling in her fur.
 
It was to be expected from what they saw.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes were full red, his irises a hair prickling violet and his markings jagged. The nails from his one arm became longer and sharper. His face appeared more doggish and pissed off than anything as he let out a guttural snarl to his opponent.
 
Kagome, Sango, and Shippo gasped when they went to look over at Naraku.
 
Naraku was just smirking smugly behind his little dark purple hued barrier, knowing there was no way in hell Sesshomaru could get past through him.
 
That wasn't what got them gasping…
 
The fact that Kanna and Kohaku stood above Rin, who was crumpled to the ground pale as a sheet and bleeding from numerous cuts and was covered in bruises got them to gasp.
 
“Rin!” Kagome choked out in horror.
 
How could they do that to an innocent, defenseless little girl?
 
Sesshomaru didn't bother to look over at the new arrivals, instead glaring frostily at the dark hanyou; contemplating a way to break the barrier.
 
Kagome had a better idea. “Inuyasha! You have to take down the barrier so we can get Rin!! It's the only way!” she shouted out to him, her bow and an arrow out just in case.
 
Naraku's head whipped over and he giggled maniacally. “Hah! Good luck with that! There's no way you can get past this barrier with that little trick!”
 
He grinned suddenly, and made a big show by waving his hands in front of him in a gesture. “But by all means go ahead and try, I won't stop you… ku ku ku!” he cackled, a crazy look in his eyes.
 
Kagome blinked repeatedly, seriously thinking the guy wasn't all there in the head…
 
Inuyasha twitched though, taking this all as an attempt to mock him. “Hey bastard!!” he snarled out, swinging back the Tetsuaiga as quickly became red, its scarlet aura swirling around it. “Take this you sick fuck!” and he swung.
 
The attack traveled the short distance between Naraku and Inuyasha, enveloping the barrier with ease…
 
…And just as easily went over and passed the barrier, having no effect on the barrier save for it quavering for a split second before becoming to a standstill.
 
Inuyasha cursed heavily.
 
Naraku snickered evilly. “I told you so…” he said in a sing-sung voice, smirking arrogantly.
 
“Piss off!!” was Inuyasha's ever so smart remark.
 
Naraku only once again cackled. “Now that, that little entertainment is over with, let's go for something a little more interesting…” his hand waved into the air while he let his aura loose.
 
As if it was a signal horde of demons entered their line of vision from behind Naraku.
 
They all tensed and languidly readied their weapons in response, Kirara and Shippo jumping down from Sango's and Kagome's shoulders and Kirara transforming to her larger form.
 
Inuyasha threw himself forward, letting out a battle roar as the others went into action.
 
They battled the hordes of demons, Inuyasha swinging left and right, using his Wind Scar repeatedly to rid of the low level demons.
 
Kagome shot arrow after arrow, trying to lower the numbers and doing it successfully as Shippo helped to keep any demons that managed to get too close for comfort with his fox fire.
 
Sango and Miroku rode in the skies with Kirara, slicing demons in half with Hiraikotsu, sucking them in with the Kazaana, tearing them to shreds with Kirara's sharp teeth and claws.
 
Naraku still looked on with a smug look on his face, taking pleasure and glee in the bloodshed that took place in front of him.
 
“Dragon Strike.”
 
The calm sentence had Naraku's attention turn to Sesshomaru, who had his sword pointed up in the air, and his smirk only grew as his red orbs glanced up to see the dragon-like lightning form.
He didn't seem to even faze the slightest as it struck the barrier. He mockingly tsked at the Taiyoukai, shaking his head in fake disappointment. “You have to do better than that Sesshomaru-sama.” He said with sickening pleasure.
 
Sesshomaru snarled at him and took charge, and within a second he strikes at the barrier with his claws.
 
The barrier gave a stinging shock when it made contact, and he leapt backwards when he realized it wouldn't do any good to keep on attacking like that.
 
The Inuyoukai scowled and glared. He needed to think of a way to break the barrier and get Rin.
 
As if reading his mind Naraku looked over his shoulder to grin at the limp body of Rin. Sending out a tentacle he let it wrap around the child's waist and brought her forward, holding it tauntingly in front of him for Sesshomaru.
 
“You better hurry Sesshomaru… who knows how long it will be before I tire of this game and just squeeze the life out of this darling little girl of yours….” He trailed with a twisted smile, chuckling sinisterly at the sound of Sesshomaru growling threateningly under his breath.
 
Putting on a face of mock thought, he glanced at the little girl with interest. “Or maybe I should just go ahead and put her under my control like Kohaku-kun… and send her out to kill you… ku ku ku…”
 
The twisted smile on his face broadened at the raging roar that escaped the Taiyoukai's mouth, his aura whipping out around him as he underwent the process of transforming into his larger form.
 
Before he could actually start, a surge of miko-ki interrupted them and they turned to see a blazing blue hued arrow soared its way through the mass, heading for Naraku's barrier.
 
Naraku's scowled at the oncoming arrow before he rolled his eyes and turned to Kagome who glared at him with determination.
 
He snorted. “You're kidding right? What makes you think this puny arrow can break the barrier when everything else failed?” he told her in a demeaning tone.
 
Kagome actually smirked a little, her eyes flashing defiantly before notching two more arrows simultaneously and taking aim and shooting once again. “You'll see…”
 
The first arrow she had shot finally approached Naraku and flew only to swoop lower and hit the ground right in front of his barrier.
 
To Naraku's and Sesshomaru's complete surprise the arrow's aura flared out wildly, promptly shifting to from a blue hue to a pink hue.
 
The barrier wavered as soon as the pink aura reached it, before completely dissipating.
 
Seeing the pink flash, the rest of Kagome's group faltered and turned to watch in shock as soon as they dispatched their opponents.
 
Even Naraku's mouth dropped a little, before his eyes narrowed in fury.
 
He didn't have time to do anything about it because the two other arrows were arriving and fast.
 
The two arrows stayed in their blue glow as they flew in the air and it was at the last second that Naraku noticed something.
 
NOO!!” the evil hanyou roared out furiously, eyes flashing with contempt.
 
Contrary to Naraku's previous thoughts the two arrows weren't aimed at him, only one was.
 
The other was aimed for the albino detachment's mirror which held a certain young ward's soul.
 
It shot into the mirror, getting absorbed as the mirror rattled with the force of an earthquake before it finally shattered, releasing all the souls that were captured.
 
The arrow heading for Naraku ripped through the same tentacle that was wrapped around Rin the exact moment her soul returned to her, making her eyes and mouth shoot open wide, leaving her to gasp for her breath.
 
Surprised, Naraku stumbled back and Sesshomaru wasted no time in gliding over and slashing through him and kicking him away.
 
In one swift fluid motion he sheathed Tokijin and grabbed Rin before leaping back to drop her off near Kagome.
 
Setting her down gently the Taiyoukai dived back into battle mode and went for Naraku.
 
Sesshomaru attacking Naraku shook the rest of them out of it and they continued to take out the low-level demons.
 
Kagome took a protective stance in front of Rin as she continued to shoot off arrows steadily. “Shippo-chan?” she called out to him without taking her eyes off the battle in front of her.
 
Shippo scrambled to her feet, pressing into the warmth of her legs to let her know he was there. “Yea?”
 
Kagome smiled despite the situation. “Keep an eye on Rin-chan please?”
 
Kagome didn't have to look down to know the little Kitsune was nodding eagerly before he scampered to take his place behind Rin, glancing around to see if any demons were making their way over.
 
It didn't take much time to dispose of the rest of the demons after Naraku made a sneaky escape from Sesshomaru once he let out a blast of Miasma, giving him enough cover and time to disappear.
 
More than half of the remaining demons fled the scene and the rest were destroyed quickly.
 
Once finished everyone made their way over to Kagome, a puzzled yet curious glint in each of her friend's eyes as they approached.
 
Kagome didn't take noticed, instead turning her attention to Rin. Crouching, she called out softly to the shocked-induced child, frowning sadly at the glazed over look. “Rin-chan…?”
 
Hearing her name Rin looked up at Kagome, blinking a bit. “Kagome-chan…?” she whimpered out, a hesitant light in her chocolate brown eyes.
 
Kagome nodded gently and opened her arms in a hug. “Come here sweetie.” She said comfortingly.
 
That seemed to break the dam on the child's tears and Rin struggled to stand, still weak from having her soul sucked out before she rushed over, crashing into Kagome just as she let out a uncontrollable sob.
 
It was the only thing Rin could do at the moment, the biting, hurtful words Naraku told her, about all the things he was going to do to her while they waited for her Sesshomaru-sama to come and what he was going to make her do later on, such as fighting against him, and the empty feeling she endured while her soul left her body finally taking a toll on her small, young body.
 
Luckily the hanyou only got as far as giving her some cuts and bruises…
 
Kagome hugged Rin tightly who was sobbing into her shirt. She put a comforting hand on the little head, giving a soothing rub and whispering soft comforting words.
 
She looked up at Sesshomaru with steely determined eyes. “Are you still sure you want to go after Naraku yourself?”
 
Sesshomaru looked down at her and almost sighed. Almost. He gave a small nod. “It is decided. This Sesshomaru will hold an alliance with your group. But we shall discuss the deal once camp is set.
 
As much as Kagome wanted to smile in triumph, she couldn't Instead she returned to calming Rin down, hoping that the effects of staying in Naraku's hold would be permanent.
 
She did give a small smile however when she saw Shippo approach and place a small hand on Rin's back, trying to comfort her as well.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Words- 4,326
 
Okay well that's another chapter over with lol, longer than I expected but I doubt you guys mind ^^.
 
Actually took me a while to type it for some reason, I couldn't figure out what to write about lol.
 
So in this story Kagome miko-ki can take on different colors based on it's purpose. Pink is for breaking or canceling out things. Say barriers, spells, and curses. Blue is for purification purposes and white is for healing. A little confusing but oh well hahah, what's done is done.
 
Well… Don't forget to review pwease!! `Puppy eyes'Any questions? Ask `em.Constructive criticism is loved as well as compliments as always ;) Flames are acceptable if it actually pertains to something meaningful and doesn't just say `This sucks!'
 
 
Till next time!
-RainLily