InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Fairy Tale ❯ The Arrogance of K-9s ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Feudal Fairy Tale

Starlight Demon 22

Warning: I do NOT own Inuyasha, the other characters, or the plot from the manga or anime. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi and everyone involved with that whole thing. I only own my own character, Akemi, other than that no.

Chapter 15- The Arrogance of K-9s
****************************************************************** **********************************************

Miroku was there for a few days before the wolves arrived. The pack members that came were youkai in origin, no hanyou whatsoever. This partially worried Akemi, as technically this was her little adventure, though she was sure they’d listen to Sesshomaru more. As they stood in the courtyard one came out of the pack. It was obvious he was the leader, by the furs he wore, he was a prince. Akemi stood slightly ahead of Sesshomaru as she waited.

“You stand behind a female?” he chuckled as he eyed her.

“Since I’m the one who summoned you, I would think it more appropriate if I welcomed you, no?” Akemi countered as she stood there.

“You are but a female trying to take her lord’s place, obviously,” he replied carelessly. Akemi’s eyes flashed in irritation as Sesshomaru put a hand on her shoulder.

“Lady Akemi is from the Eastern Lands,” Sesshomaru said as he looked to him surprised. “She’s here because her kingdom is under attack by the same enemy your princess was taken by.” The wolf looked at her again and shrugged.

“Whatever works,” he said as he nodded to her. Akemi rolled her eyes as she nodded back. “So, what’s the word of our common enemy? Where’s your mate? He may know more.”

“I have no mate,” she said as he looked at her surprised, “the lord of the lands, my father, is currently indisposed. So, milord, that leaves me. Take it or leave it.” Her voice, which surprised the others behind her, was strong and held more authority than Sesshomaru at times.

“I’ll take it, calm yourself down,” he said as he walked up to her. “And maybe after this war, I’ll take you as well.” The last part was softly said in her ear, though Sesshomaru had heard it well. Akemi smirked as she leaned up to him.

“If I weren’t being courted, I’d still turn you down.” She said louder. With that the others behind her, and a few of his wolves, chuckled amused. Obviously she wasn’t going to back down quietly. He gave her an annoyed look as he nodded and looked around the castle a bit. “Jaken, make sure our guests are comfortable and then escort them to the dining hall, I’m afraid the library is no longer big enough.” Jaken nodded, then looked to Sesshomaru, who nodded, and ran off to do as told.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all met in the dining room after a bit and were seated, Akemi and Sesshomaru at the head of the table. Kouga was seated near by, as was Miroku, as they were the ones who needed the most information. Inuyasha made sure Miroku was away from Kagome, though he didn’t really care if he tried anything on the wolves, they can take care of themselves. As they sat there Akemi leaned back, but her guard remaining up.

“Naraku has taken one princess of the wolves, attacked me, attacked my father, and cursed your family, but I don’t see the connections.” Akemi said as she looked down the table and thought.

“Obviously we have such power that he’s afraid of us,” Kouga boasted.

“No,” Akemi said as she thought, “humans, no offense to those here, don’t generally prove to be a threat to most youkai, even hanyou ignore them. I don’t think that was the problem.”

“It might be, Akemi,” Miroku said as he thought. “My grandfather was a powerful monk, he was apparently constantly on Naraku’s heels, even seeing him when in disguise.”

“Well, lets hope you can do the same,” Akemi said as Jaken placed a map on the table in front of them. Akemi marked the three areas where the attacks happened on the map and they looked at them curiously. One was in the heart of the mountains, the other was in the heart of the woods, another a field. “The princess, I assume, went willingly at first?” she looked to Kouga, who nodded. “That’s because he’s a shape shifter. Before she could scent him, he was already into his attack because visually he fooled her. I’m assuming Miroku’s grandfather fell for it, I know I did when I came upon him.”

“What do you mean?” Kouga asked. “I wasn’t there when he attacked, I don’t know everything that happened.”

“Naraku can change his form to look like anyone. I found him, he looked like a human just wandering the forest, at first it struck me as odd but before I could even inhale he had me surrounded by tentacles filled with poison and attacked. I had heard of it from my father before, but because I had never seen it I didn’t know what was going on until it was too late.” Akemi said as she looked at Kouga. “How many are missing?”

“Ten wolves, not including the princess,” another wolf said as Kouga shot him a sharp look.

“Apparently, he can absorb his enemies,” Akemi said as she sat back. “Something, when he attacked me, stopped him. He had even confirmed that’s what he was going to do as he prepared to do so. He may have absorbed them.”

“Then how do you fight an enemy that can absorb you?” Kouga demanded.

“I’m more worried about him looking like us first,” Akemi snapped. “He can go in looking like any of you, he’s done it once, and destroy your packs. Villages will be destroyed by one person. That’s why we’re waiting for one more group.”

“What?” Kouga snapped. “Who the fuck else?”

“Why? Afraid?” Akemi taunted. “The taiji ya of the south.” Kouga paled as he sat back. Some of the wolves seemed nervous at the mere mention of them. “I’m positive you’ve heard of them.”

“What makes you think they won’t destroy us?” Kouga demanded shakily.

“The promise of a bigger fish,” Akemi said as she thought. “And the appearance of a priestess telling them not to.” Miroku chuckled as Akemi winked at him and closed the map before making a final mark. “That’s where we’ll fight him.”

“How do you know?” Kouga demanded.

“Because, if he can absorb he was looking for me for a reason. He’ll find me if I want him to.” Akemi said with a shrug.

“And if this plan totally backfires?” Kouga snapped. “Or he kills Ayame?”

“I can’t protect her until I get her, and I have to figure out where he’s hiding her to do so. Calm down already wolf.” Akemi said annoyed with him. “We have to find the worm’s hole before we can rescue any fair maidens.” Kouga growled annoyed as he thought. She made a point, they didn’t even know where Ayame was, let alone anywhere near rescuing her. She had called in for others to help, now they had to hide away and wait. Hopefully Naraku wouldn’t get too impatient and kill her. “Your mate will be returned soon.” With that she got up.

“She’s not my mate!” Kouga snapped after her. The others with him sighed and shook their heads.

“Intended then?” Akemi teased.

“No!” Kouga snapped as he flushed. Akemi just nodded complacently and turned to leave again. “And where are you going?”

“I am a lady, as such I need to be dressed appropriately for dinner. If any of the other ladies here would like to join me, I’m sure there are more than enough.” Akemi said before turning around again. She smiled amused as Kouga growled annoyed. “You boys can go play...fetch or something.” She walked out; Kagome, Kaede, and Li following closely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I don’t think Kouga liked your taunts,” Kagome said as they entered her chambers. Li nodded in agreement as Kaede smiled amused.

“Unfortunately, that’s the way a lady must work,” Kaede said knowledgably. “We are supposed to be leaders in a world where women are inferior to men. That means we must work hard to get their attention, though Akemi’s methods were a little crude, they worked. Kouga knows who is in charge of this mission against Naraku.” Akemi nodded as she pulled out lots of kimonos. “You really intend to change?” Akemi smiled.

“Didn’t it seem to piss them off? Well, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and Kagome’s kid brother didn’t really seem to mind, as well as most of Kouga’s pack. But it did everyone else.” Akemi said with a grin. Kagome smirked amused, after awhile Akemi’s worst feature turned endearing. Li just laughed at her.

“I think our hostess just enjoys playing with the guys, Kaede, she wouldn’t make them mad enough to leave.” Li said as she accepted a kimono. “Oh I couldn’t, it’s too nice.”

“Please, I have more than enough, one kimono won’t hurt.” Akemi said innocently. Li accepted it as Kagome found one for herself and Kaede.

They spent well over an hour primping and preening themselves and each other. They knew, as part of Akemi’s plan, it was pissing some of the males off, only now Sesshomaru and Inuyasha might join in the argument because they never dress up for them. They even put on the white face paints and looked as traditionally perfect as possible, though Kagome and her mother thought it a crime to paint Akemi’s already white face.

As they walked out to the hall the males all stopped and stared. Akemi smiled as Sesshomaru walked up to her and kissed her hand fondly. Inuyasha walked up to Kagome and smiled at her as he offered her his arm. The guys had surprised the girls as well, finding a way to change into appropriate dining clothes without their realization. Kouga grinned from ear to ear, his fangs showing brightly in the dimming light.

“You two are officially my women,” Kouga announced as he grabbed Akemi and Kagome’s hands. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru glared at him annoyed.

“Like hell they are, they’re our women,” Inuyasha snapped back. Akemi and Kagome crossed their arms and looked at the three bickering males as if they were irritating fleas.

“Somehow, I don’t think this is going to end,” Akemi said to Kagome. Kagome shook her head in agreement and everyone but the three finished going to breakfast. “Think I should just purify them?”

“I don’t think it’d do much to Inuyasha, since he’s hanyou, but it would definitely stop Kouga and Sesshomaru.” Kagome said nodding her head as Akemi thought about it.

“You can’t purify,” Kagome’s grandfather snapped, “only those with sacred powers can purify.”

“Yes, I know, I have sacred powers,” Akemi said as she sat down. He glared at her as Kagome nodded in agreement and sat down by her. “Now, Kagome, tell me about you and Inuyasha.”

“Me...and...inu...Inuyasha?” Kagome asked suddenly alarmed looking. She looked at Akemi as Akemi’s smile grew. “There...there’s no...no...me....and Inuyasha...”

“Oh really?” Inuyasha demanded as he stood behind her. Both he and Sesshomaru had returned, Kouga was still laying on the ground in the hall. “Then why is it you would love to stay with me when the hut is finished?” Kagome blushed even further as Li smiled excitedly, her grandfather looked furious, Souta laughed a little with Kaede, and Akemi couldn’t help but laugh a little as Sesshomaru remained ever stoic despite the situation.

“I...I...I...I...” Kagome said as Akemi laughed a little harder and pat her shoulder.

“I’m only teasing, I know it all anyway. His scent is all over you.” Akemi said as Kagome looked near panic as her grandfather looked prepared to explode. Akemi and everyone else looked at him as he jumped up and stormed out of the room. Kagome sighed and shook her head as Akemi nodded. “So your grandfather...?”

“No, he doesn’t, why is he even here?” Kagome demanded of her mother.

“He insisted upon seeing where Inuyasha had drug you, constantly telling us it was probably some hole in a hill,” Li said with a shrug. “When we arrived at the castle he nearly wept in fear.”

“Yes, well,” Akemi said as she pat Sesshomaru’s hand. “We all know who to thank for that. But why didn’t he leave when he got here? Obviously it was going to be filled with youkai and the like.”

“He is a stubborn man, Grandpa, he’s currently furious at me because he thinks I’ve disobeyed him.” Kagome said softly.

“What’d you do? Turn the man he chose down?” Akemi asked as she watched the food be delivered.

“That and allowed Inuyasha to live with us,” Kagome said as Akemi and Sesshomaru both looked up. “He wanted me to purify him, thinking it’d destroy him.” Akemi nodded as she winked at Sesshomaru and got an idea.

“What if, and this is only currently hypothetical mind you, a very high, powerful priestess came and ordered him to give up?” Akemi asked as she prepared to eat. Kagome shrugged as she took a bite.

“He’d listen as if his life were dependent upon it.” Li said quickly. “He believes that everything should be done for those who have their powers to defend us from rouge youkai and the like, only he hates them all for a twisted reason no one truly knows.” Akemi nodded as she thought.

“Are you thinking to go to Grandpa?” Kagome asked her.

“If it’ll ease his burden on you,” Akemi said as she nodded before taking a bite. “He wants you to be like him, and probably other mikos he’s known.”

“Kikyo,” Kaede said as Akemi looked at her and took another bite, “she died nearly fifty years ago and yet...she walks among us as if she had never died and never aged. She demands the death of all youkai and hanyou, blaming them all for her death. Urasue is to blame for her resurrection.” Akemi nodded and thought.

“I’ve heard of the witch who brings the dead to life,” Akemi said as Kaede nodded. “She’ll have to be dealt with if she’s bringing mikos back to life as well.” Sesshomaru nodded as he silently listened. “But Kagome, leave your grandfather to me, no one sees thru my disguise, not even monks.” Miroku nodded in agreement with that statement.

“Even when she’s wearing the same kimono, they think it’s a completely different woman.” he chimed in between bites. Kagome and Akemi laughed a little as Kouga finally joined them.

“Alright there, Kouga?” Akemi asked as she noticed the several lumps on his head. She looked at Sesshomaru who only held up four fingers. She sighed and shook her head as Kouga grimaced once and then smiled for the two.

“I’m fine, nothing to worry about ladies.” he said as if nothing had happened. Akemi and Kagome both nodded slowly as if he had finally lost his mind. “So, who wants to be mated first?” At this most of the table who were attempting to swallow choked as Sesshomaru glared at the wolf.

“Kouga...we...we’re not ready to be mated,” Kagome said as Akemi caught on to her idea quickly and nodded.

“Yeah, if we’re to fight Naraku, we need our spiritual powers.” Akemi said in agreement.

“So what does mating have to do with that?” he demanded, getting suspicious.

“Didn’t you know?” Li asked knowing where this was going. “A priestess or miko who mates or gets married generally loses her powers. It’s very rare that they keep them, only the most powerful ones do. And since Akemi and Kagome are average in their fields it would be best not to mate them just yet.” Kouga nodded as he listened, the room was so silent they could almost hear the wheels creaking in his head as they were forced to turn. Kouga looked at Kaede.

“You’re a miko, right?” he asked her. Kaede shrugged and nodded. “Is what they say true?”

“Yes, ye haven’t been taught about mikos and priestesses?” Kaede said as if it were a shock. “I thought all youkai knew!” Kouga looked convinced and sighed as he relaxed in his spot.

“Fine, after Naraku is dead you will return with me to my den and become my alpha females. Because you’re both so strong I wouldn’t expect any lower for you. I believe you’ll bare me strong pups.” Kouga said as he almost turned dreamy eyed of the idea of two mates. Akemi and Kagome both looked sick and pushed their dishes away as Sesshomaru and Inuyasha growled at the wolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got more reviews! Yay! I love reviews!

Inuyasha’s God sis- No Sesshomaru and Akemi haven’t mated yet. Though Inuyasha predicted he’d jump her the second she was healed, he decided to wait after hearing her story and helping her find her father. As for the battle...you never know...though there will be sacrifices from everyone involved. Thank you for all your reviews!

CatLover260- Nice observation. In this story I think Akemi’s at her strongest. Thank you for your reviews!

Amaterasu1969- Thank you for finding my story interesting and hopefully you have read more and soon will review again!

Pinkie- Glad you loved it, but you have to keep reading to see what happens ^_~ Can’t spoil it for the rest. Hopefully you’ll review again soon!

Thanks to my reviewers and hopefully more will follow! Sorry if the chapters have been a little short, there’s only so much you can do to describe boredom. Lol. Review the next time you read! Please and thank you!

~Starlight Demon 22