InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Fairy Tale ❯ Kagome's Grandfather and the Taiji ya Cometh! ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Feudal Fairy Tale

Starlight Demon 22

Warning: I do NOT own Inuyasha, the other characters, or the plot from the manga or anime. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi and everyone involved with that whole thing. I only own my own character, Akemi, other than that no.

Chapter 16- Kagome’s Grandfather and the Taiji ya Cometh!
*************************************************************** *************************************************
That night Akemi put her plan into action, after losing Kouga, with some assistance from Sesshomaru, she purified herself into her human form. After changing into a new kimono that seemed appropriate for the part she gently knocked on his door. The old man’s eyes nearly bugged out when he saw her standing there and quickly allowed her to enter his room. He looked hungry and tired. She sighed as she sat down and he got on his knees as if worshipping a goddess.

“Please tell me you have purified the whole castle!” he cried as he kneeled before her. “It is torture to be among so many youkai and not be able to do anything because of my weak hearted granddaughter!” Akemi grew annoyed right then and there as she listened to his babble.

“Are you sure she is the weak hearted?” she countered as he looked at her surprised. “No, I have not purified the whole castle, because these youkai and hanyou want nothing but peace. Not war, especially not with the humans. If you hate it here so much, why do you remain?”

“Because, someone must protect my granddaughter from such filth as that hanyou whelp!” he said as if it were a true mission.

“What makes you think she needs protecting?” Akemi asked him as she tried to figure out where this hatred came from. “Why do you hate youkai so much?”

“She needs protecting because she doesn’t understand!” he said as he jumped up...well attempted to. “And they killed the Priestess Kikyo!”

“Was Kikyo your wife? Or of any relation to you?” Akemi asked him. The old man blushed and shook his head. “Instead she is of relation to Lady Kaede, who seems to harbor no ill will towards youkai, only those that attack humans.” He nodded and looked away. “I have spoken to the other occupants of this castle, and I must say I find it appalling that a priest of your position would act so childishly.” He looked at her stunned.

“But...but...milady!” he said as he tried to think of an excuse for his actions. “They are the enemy!”

“In this day and age they are not,” she stressed. “Most youkai and hanyou now want peace with the humans, to live out their days as we would. Many of the youkai I’ve been called to purify are only looking for a new home, not for food or people to eat. And one death hardly seems the root of your hatred.” He could tell she wanted to know.

“My only son, a priest in my footsteps, was killed by a youkai. He was on his way home to his family two villages over. I got word before they did, so I told them a different story.” he said as he sat on his bed. Akemi looked at him pitifully and nodded as she listened. “I just want my grandchildren to be careful! That youkai aren’t as safe as they think they all are!”

“Then maybe it’s time for you to explain to them what happened.” Akemi said as she stood. “Tell me, have these youkai and hanyou attacked you? Tried to harm you or your family?”

“The hanyou and that one wolf want to mate my granddaughter, otherwise no,” he said as he wiped a tear away. She smiled and shook her head.

“Then maybe, just maybe, it would be best to attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt. Your granddaughter, she has great powers within her, and she has great control over them. You don’t have to worry about her mating or marrying who she doesn’t want. But, that does mean she will choose on her own. Pushing men in her direction will only make her angrier and will cause her to rebel.” Akemi said knowledgably. “But sit down with your family and explain to them what happened to their father and husband, it will explain more to them and maybe help them understand where you’re coming from.” He nodded as she walked to the door.

“Milady, do you think this will work?” he asked her.

“If, after everything is said and done, you don’t want to be around the youkai then I suggest you return to your home. I will guarantee no harm to your grandchildren, but there is no stopping nature in the way of mating and marriage. If your granddaughter chooses the wolf or the hanyou, you are unfortunately forced to agree. If you force her to a human, they may lose their control and attack them. And I highly doubt you want that.” He nodded in agreement as he watched her leave and vanish down the halls. Akemi returned to her and Sesshomaru’s room and changed back as he watched her from the bed.

“And why do you look so predatory?” she asked with a wry grin before changing for bed. He chuckled as he watched come back around the divider in her nightgown and slide into bed. “What?” She asked him curiously.

“You’re in heat,” he growled softly in her ear. Akemi moaned softly as he kissed the edge of her kitten like ears.

“And you’re going through a rut at the moment,” she said as she gently drug her nails down his back. Sesshomaru growled pleased as he felt her respond to him. “Must be a full moon tonight.” She moaned softly as he kissed at her neck. He could feel her purring as he licked and kissed at her right shoulder and the right side of her neck.

“Milord!” Jaken squawked as he ran into the room, stopping short at the scene of Sesshomaru on top of Akemi. Both stopped and looked at the impish youkai annoyed.

“What?” he snarled, only calming down some at the feeling of Akemi rubbing by his ears.

“A runner has returned with news,” he said as he inched further with a letter. Akemi held her hand out as Sesshomaru, seemingly made into putty by her touch, relaxed against her and accepted the letter.

“Now go away,” Sesshomaru growled as Akemi read it. “What does it say?”

“That they are sending two of their number, as it’s too far of a trip for the entire clan because they must protect their village. It promises the two are their best, heirs to the village, and strongest fighters.” Akemi said as Sesshomaru nodded against her. “That’s better than nothing.” Sesshomaru nodded again against her as if waiting for the signal to continue take his mate.

“Mate!” Akemi yelped while laughing as Sesshomaru had jumped on her and started to pull her night clothes off.

“Give me one good reason why not,” Sesshomaru snapped. He didn’t know why all these interruptions were occurring but he wanted them to stop damn it, now.

“Pups,” she said as she giggled a little, “do you really want to start a family with this threat who will use them against us?” She calmed down and looked at him seriously as he sighed and thought. When he was younger he had always vowed to be a better father than his own, to take care of the problems before having a family, and this wouldn’t be doing that. “We can mate, we just have to be careful.” Sesshomaru nodded as he looked at her. Her top was off and she was laying on her back looking at him. He handed her the top and growled annoyed as she looked at him surprised.

“Can’t be careful when you’re in heat,” he grumbled as he rolled over. Akemi smiled and fixed herself before cuddling against him. He sighed as he felt her arm wrap around his middle and held her hand gently. As much as he wanted to screw her thru the bed, she was right, they had to be careful and with her in heat they’d forget about half way through and end up parents, as sarcastically horrible as that would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning everyone was silent during breakfast. Grandpa joined them for breakfast, inhaling more then the rest since he left dinner the night before. He looked twitchy and nervous, but otherwise unharmed. Kagome and the rest figured that the priestess Akemi had mentioned got through to him and convinced him to try.

“Kagome, Souta, Li, I need to speak with you either in one of our rooms or in a garden, wherever we can have some privacy. It is most important.” He said as he finished.

“Take the library in the east wing,” Akemi said nodding to them. He nodded his thanks and left to prepare as they looked at her. “It is important so I’d go. He told the priestess a lot last night, and it’s time he told you the same thing. It explains a lot, anyway.” Kagome nodded confused as the rest followed him out. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha looked at her as she shook her head. “Kagome, when she’s ready, will understand. Though, Inuyasha, I’d be prepared. They won’t be happy with what he tells them.” Inuyasha nodded as he finished his food and ran to his and Kagome’s room, where he knew she’d run if she were upset.

“Where’d everyone go?” Kouga asked surprised as he walked in for breakfast.

“They heard you were coming and ran for cover,” Sesshomaru said stoically. Akemi snorted as she laughed while trying to eat. She couldn’t believe how much funnier it was when said with no emotion.

“No, really?” Kouga asked as if he didn’t believe Sesshomaru.

“No, really,” Sesshomaru responded as if it were true. Akemi couldn’t help but laugh as Sesshomaru looked at her curiously. “Giggly this morning?”

“Apparently so,” she said as she giggled a little. “If you want to get them out of me,” she said whispering in his ear, “we can always finish last night.” Sesshomaru choked a little on his food as Akemi resumed her seat with a pleased smile and finished her own food. “I’m going to get ready for the day.” She announced before leaving. Sesshomaru growled as Kouga seemed to easily get back up to follow. He chuckled and slid back into his seat.

“Pervert!” was heard with a loud crack, signaling Miroku had found Akemi and got punished for something stupid. He walked in, a hand on a reddening cheek, and a dreamy smile on his face.

“Moron,” Kouga grumbled as he sat down. Sesshomaru remained silent, though was obviously livid.

“Good morning, my lord,” Miroku said as he tried to smooth things over. “Did you rest well?”

“Akemi’s in heat, idiot,” another male at the table mumbled. Miroku gulped as he thought of how to fix the current situation, because he was certain Sesshomaru heard what had happened.

“Touch any of the females in this castle again, and I’ll remove that hand,” Sesshomaru growled angrily. Miroku nodded enthusiastically and turned to his food as Sesshomaru stood and left. Kouga chuckled with the others as Miroku sighed and shook his own head.

“And I thought I needed to be laid,” he mumbled as the rest of the wolves howled amused.