InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Fairy Tale ❯ Sango and Kohaku ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Feudal Fairy Tale

Starlight Demon 22

Warning: I do NOT own Inuyasha, the other characters, or the plot from the manga or anime. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi and everyone involved with that whole thing. I only own my own character, Akemi, other than that no.

P.S. Yes, Akemi is using sex to torture Sesshomaru. We’ll see why later...

Chapter 17- Sango and Kohaku
**************************************************************** ************************************************
As Akemi tortured and tormented Sesshomaru, Kagome and her family were in the eastern library. Her grandfather was pacing and rather panicky, not his usual composure of cold and rigid. This seemed to worry them and the atmosphere of the room only grew more energized the longer he waited to tell them. He looked up apologetically and nodded as he sighed. He had to tell them, the priestess told them, and now maybe they’d understand what was going on. With a heavy sigh he stopped pacing and faced them.

“I’m afraid I haven’t been as honest with you as you’d like,” he said as they looked at him confused.

“What? You’re not our grandfather?” Souta asked trying to lighten the mood.

“No, I’m really your grandfather,” he quipped. Souta fell silent as he prepared to listen. “It’s about your father.”

“What about father?” Kagome asked worriedly. Questions immediately flew through her mind about what her grandfather knew as her mother grew an emotionless mask, one that would be of equal comparison to Sesshomaru’s, as she always did when it was something upsetting.

“He didn’t die the way I told you he did,” he said hesitantly. All three of them looked at the old man stunned. “Bandits didn’t kill him, a youkai did. He had just left the village when a random youkai attacked him. We were able to purify and destroy it, but it was too late for him. He was murdered by it.” Li stood up, anger flashing in her eyes as she glared at her father-in-law.

“Kagome, Souta, please leave the room.” she said softly. They both grew wide eyed and ran for it, knowing what their grandfather was in for now. Grandpa gulped audibly as the children left, closing the door behind them, he had seen this before, it was like an attack, when the children were little and they’d get yelled at. It was a scary thing, and now that scary thing was directed at him.

“Hey,” Inuyasha said as he walked out of his and Kagome’s room to see the two. “What did you grandfather want to talk about?”

“Father,” Kagome said softly, confusion clouding her eyes, “and how he truly died.” Inuyasha looked at her confused.

“You mean the bandit thing was fake?” he asked, he knew by the way her grandfather would ramble the story out, but he didn’t want to ruin it for Kagome. In her eyes, her deceased father was a hero who died protecting a village from a horde of bandits bent on killing the men and children before raping and killing the women. Kagome merely nodded mutely as she walked into their room as Souta shrugged and walked off. Souta was so young when his father died, it didn’t really affect him, but his sister remembered the man and it upset her to know his memory was truly tarnished.

Inuyasha walked into the room to find her laying in bed and staring at the wall. He laid with her and held her as the wheels and cogs seemed to turn as if to work out what was going on. He sighed as he held her, waiting to hear what she had to say in silence. He was certain her mother had asked the kids to leave so she could yell, and was surprised he couldn’t hear the yelling from here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akemi and Sesshomaru were in their own room as well. Sesshomaru had found her there in the middle of changing and decided that she wasn’t going to finish. After pulling off the clothes she did have on, he threw her onto their bed and stripped himself. Akemi giggled as he climbed on top of her and pulled the covers over them as it was chilly in the room and he didn’t want her to catch a cold.

“Getting frustrated love?” she teased as he wrapped his arms around her and started to kiss, suck, and lick at her shoulder again. Akemi moaned as he did this, wrapping her legs around him in anticipation of what they were finally going to do. And then there was a knock on the door. “What now?” she whimpered as Sesshomaru stopped and growled in frustration.

“Are we ever going to get to do this?” he demanded as she slid out of the bed when another knock was heard.

“Not here,” she said just as annoyed as he was now. She put a robe on and opened the door. “What?” she snapped.

“There are villagers demanding refuge here, they say that the lord sent for them if they needed it.” a soldier said as he glared at her. She glared back and sighed as she thought.

“The lord is resting, I’ll be right down,” she lied and closed the door on him. Sesshomaru seemed to get furious at the thought of her getting dressed and having to leave him there. She slid out of the robe and started the process of getting dressed again. “Sorry love,” she said as she walked to the bed and kissed him on the nose, “duty calls.” He growled and nodded as he slid out of the bed and prepared to dress as well.

“Tonight we will finish this,” he growled as she nodded in agreement. “No more interruptions.” Akemi nodded again as she got up and left the room while he dressed. She followed the soldier to the entry way of the castle to see some villagers, not as many as they thought, but enough to place somewhere for temporary safety.

“We’ll set them up in the eastern part of the perimeter,” she said as she pointed in the direction. “Make sure they have building supplies, food, water, and anything else they may need. Help them as well, they’re our guests for a bit.” The soldiers nodded and went to work knowing there’d be hell to pay if they didn’t do as she ordered, by her scent she was to be the lord’s mate.

“Ladies and gentlemen!” she said getting the villagers’ attentions. “My name is Lady Akemi, I’m from the Eastern Lands and am here with Lord Sesshomaru of the Western Lands! We welcome you into the castle but there are a few rules; you must build some huts I’m afraid, we didn’t know when or if anyone would come and are a little unprepared for you. We have cattle and water, but vegetables you’ll have to provide on your own, I see many of you brought belongings and such, just remember that this is a temporary move! As soon as the threat to the kingdoms is over, we will move you back to your villages.” With that she pointed to the head guard. “This is Sanoske, he is the head guard here, if you have any problems direct them to him and he’ll bring them to the lord and my attentions!” She turned to the head guard. “Only the serious stuff.”

“Of course, milady. But what if more come?” he asked her as she looked around and sighed. “Lord Sesshomaru has no back up plans if more come, we can’t fill the whole courtyard.”

“I understand, Sesshomaru and I will discuss it immediately as well as what to do if their villages are destroyed in the process. Thank you,” she said and headed back inside as everyone was set up. She growled annoyed as Jaken came running up to her hurriedly. “What?”

“Lord Sesshomaru is in the throne room and demands your presence, milady,” he said, though the last word held enough contempt to annoy anyone.

“Then get out of my way, imp, or I’ll punt you to the children out there and tell them to squish you.” she snapped and stormed off as Jaken stared at her stunned, she could insult as well as Sesshomaru could.

Akemi walked into the throne room to see Sesshomaru seated and pointed to the chair next to him. With a sarcastic smirk she sat down and sighed. “It’s about two villages worth, but there’s not much room left for anymore.” She informed him as he nodded. “We may need to set them up outside the castle walls, or build the walls further out.”

“Agreed, we’ll have the workers set up a few areas outside the walls with walls for the humans to live.” Sesshomaru said as Akemi nodded. “This is going to deplete a lot of the supplies.” Akemi nodded in agreement.

“The guard are currently helping them set up everything from homes to small shops for businesses.” Akemi said as Sesshomaru nodded. “Do you do this every time there’s a threat to the kingdom?”

“Only one of a considerable threat, Naraku would be a considerable threat at the moment. He can destroy villages and trick the villagers, the more we can protect the less of a threat he will truly be to them.” Sesshomaru said as Akemi nodded in agreement as Sanoske came in hurriedly.

“Milord, milady, we have them set up in the eastern part of the courtyard, and they take up half of it already. We can only sustain two more villages before our supplies are too low for even ourselves.” he reported as they nodded and thought about it.

“Order the workers to strategically place four walled villages of a rather large size with walls outside the castle walls.” Sesshomaru ordered as he nodded. “We’ll build the huts and set them up there so that our own supplies are not lost in this, we do not know how long it’ll be.” Sanoske nodded and left to issue the orders as Akemi and Sesshomaru relaxed a little as Inuyasha walked in.

“So, what’s new?” he asked bored.

“No Kagome?” Akemi asked, not truly surprised.

“She needs some time alone to figure out what’s going on with her grandfather, he lied to them about how her father died and it upset all three of them. Her mother yelled at him for about an hour before leaving the library to find a spot to relax in.” Inuyasha informed them. Akemi nodded as she sighed and thought.

“Knowing that fool, he probably told them straight out right.” Akemi said as Inuyasha nodded in agreement. “But what’s done is done, I can’t fix that at the moment. This is one of those things he has to work with them, or they’ll never speak to him again.” Inuyasha nodded again as Sesshomaru seemed to be resting a little.

“Go jump her, I’ll watch here,” Inuyasha snapped at the irritating sighs Sesshomaru was emitting. Akemi laughed a little and shook her head.

“No, we’re keeping watch because some of the villages came,” Akemi said as he looked at her surprised. “Half of the eastern part of the courtyard is filled. We had to order temporary villages with walls outside of the castle walls to be built. Hopefully it’ll be enough for any others that join afterwards. I think it’ll take a few destroyed villages by Naraku to get them here.”

“Yeah, hopefully not, but at least they’re safer in view of the castle,” Inuyasha nodded as Akemi sighed and nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walked through the courtyard surprised. Most youkai castles didn’t contain the numbers of humans that this one did, or that youkai guard were even helping them build. Obviously this keep belonged to one with a sense of honor. They looked for the youkai in charge and found him talking with some of the human men. They walked up and all of them stared at the pair.

“We’re looking for Lady Akemi, we were called here,” the girl said holding up the letter. The guard nodded and turned to the men.

“I will give your grievances to the lord and lady immediately,” he informed them. They nodded and he turned to the two and looked at the letter. “But you are mere children.”

“I believe that’s not for your judgment,” the girl said seriously, “please, Lady Akemi.” He sighed and nodded, noting the weapons the two carried and waved them to follow him. They were led into the castle and to the throne room where Sesshomaru and Akemi were sitting deep in conversation about the villages being build outside the castle. They both looked up and stood as the guard walked in.

“I believe these are the taiji ya you called for, milady,” he said as he bowed. “And there is the lack of wood for appropriate huts, the men complain that though you are providing villages what they should do for now.”

“Cut down a few more trees for wood,” Sesshomaru ordered. The guard left as he and Akemi turned their attention to the duo in front of them. “Your father sent us children.”

“We are the best of our village, my lord,” the girl said bowing. “My name is Sango and this is my brother, Kohaku.” Sesshomaru nodded as Akemi bowed back.

“I am Lady Akemi,” she said as she stepped down. She smiled as both looked at her curiously. “You know what they say mate, appearances can be deceiving.” Sesshomaru nodded as he looked at her while the two looked confused. “You don’t look like top youkai hunters, but then again, I don’t look like a priestess.”

“True,” Sango said with a wry grin. “But as to the matter of your hanyou, it is rare for one to do as you have said in your letter.” Akemi nodded as she sighed and offered them seats.

“If only it were that simple as a rare hanyou, but it’s worse than that. He’s a rare hanyou who knows what he’s doing and wants the world.” Akemi informed them. Sango and Kohaku nodded as they started to hear shouting from outside and people started to swell into the castle. “What in the world...?”

“We’re under attack!” a guard yelled as Akemi turned to Sesshomaru. He nodded as she bolted outside and saw lots of people and guard left as swarms of youkai seemed to ooze out of the forest. Quickly she purified herself and set up a barrier.

“Kaede, we need to help Akemi!” Kagome called as they ran outside. Both mikos joined her and helped set up the barrier as the guard and males on the inside prepared for the fight. Sango and Kohaku looked outside surprised at all the youkai. Akemi seemed to be fighting to hold up the barrier as youkai hit it from all sides. Kagome and Kaede also were obviously having problems.

“Release the barrier!” Sesshomaru ordered. Akemi looked up at the swarms headed straight for her and released a large amount of purification energy as she allowed the barrier to drop. Kaede and Kagome did the same and they started to purify youkai as they came in swarms.

“Hiraikoutsu!” Sango yelled as her bone boomerang, larger than her, went flying through the air and killing handfuls of youkai. Kohaku’s scythe went flying through the air and killed several as well. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were performing basic attacks while Miroku used his sutra and staff.

“Miroku!” Akemi yelled as she weakened some. “Use your wind tunnel to suck up these youkai!” She got hit in the back as he nodded and did so, sucking up a large portion of the youkai. The rest were easily dealt with as Akemi was moved inside after being found unconscious as everyone else was moved to the throne room to be healed and such.

“Is she alright?” Kagome asked about Akemi.

“She’ll live, she was merely knocked out from behind.” Kaede said after checking on her. She and Kagome were the only fighters without injury besides for the guard that joined at the end.

“Yes, we were greatly assisted by the taiji that joined us today,” Miroku said as he stood by the siblings. “And your names are?”

“Sango and Kohaku,” Sango said as he nodded.

“I am the monk Miroku,” he said as he shook Kohaku’s hand and then kissed Sango’s. “And I have a question for you, my dear Sango. Would you do the honor of bearing my child?” Immediately her boomerang found a spot on his head and connected with it.

“Thank you,” Inuyasha said as the others nodded in agreement. “What I want to know is where all those youkai came from.”

“They could be under Naraku’s power,” Kagome said shrugging as she looked him over. He had a few cuts and scratches, nothing major, the same was said for Sesshomaru. None of their troops had died, while hundreds of Naraku’s lesser youkai were slaughtered. “But what do we do with all those youkai corpses?”

“Burn them,” Sesshomaru said as he noticed people watching them. “It is safe for now, when Akemi is revived we shall erect a barrier to protect here while rebuilding and fixing everything.” The guard nodded and went on the move as he picked her up. “I’m taking her to our room and allow her to rest. Jaken!” The impish youkai slunk out of a hiding spot and bowed. “Show the taiji to their rooms.” Jaken sighed and nodded and waved them to follow, muttering about humans taking over the castle following the wretched hanyou.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
To my Mediaminer crew, I didn't forget you! Thank you for the reviews! I laughed at some of them until I cried, it was great!

unistar- Thank you for the 10 out of 10 and I'm happy you enjoy my story! Thank you for all of your reviews! They're wonderful! (You seem to be predicting my moves, gonna have to knock it up a little there ^_^)

Lauren F.- I dunno if brilliant is the word but thank you!!

kokoronagomu- (aka ginny)- I thought people would like to see a not so smug Sesshomaru and knock the boys around for a bit. Thank you for your review!

angel-up-above-heaven- *clings to Sesshomaru* mine! Yes, of course he came in, I don't think I have an Inuyasha story with out him! Thank you for the raitings! I'm glad you enjoy the story! And thank you for the reviews!

Yume Hikaru- I'm glad you found my story too! Thank you for the review!

Chase65- Thank you for your review, I'm so happy that you like my story!

You love me! You really love me! Well...maybe not me...but my story! Yay! I'm trying to update as much as possible (today I think I added three chapters!), so keep reading the reviews coming! (And no, I can't tell you what happens, it ruins the end for everyone, including me!) Thank you again!

~ Starlight Demon 22