InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Final Avengement ❯ Not so strong as we think ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

Final Avengement: Not so strong as we think

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Ryuken's POV:

For some reason, I don't trust my uncle. Instinct, or am I going crazy? Who cares. I've been practicing using my new ability: To summon Taitsaiga from my hand, and it connected to the knuckle. It was the middle of the night, and it was only me and Hikari, out in the forest. She was sound asleep. I can't help but stay awake. It was another full moon.

"Why? Why did my family have to die? The only thing I have left, is my sister" I said to myself. Suddenly, I could hear some noise. This didn't sound to good. I got up, and looked around. My vision is great, due to the inheritance from my cat youki side.

"Ahh" I said. I was suddenly hit was a powerful wind, causing my left cheek to bleed. I could smell the scent of a female demon.

"Show yourself" I said. I must have spoken to loud, for my sister began to stir.

"Ryu, what's going on?" Hikari asked me.

"Someone's out to attack us" I said. Suddenly, I sniffed the air again, and it was fainter, but still in the same direction.

"Some demon must be playing a prank" I said. Hikari disagreed.

"No. Now I can sense the darkness in the demon that was here. We have to get it. I can track it" Hikari said. so we did. We found a woman, with a wind fan with her. A demon? I don't know. Only Hikari does.

"Who are you?" I asked. The woman laughed maniacally

"My name is Kagura. I will be the one to kill you.... Ryuken. Hikari's presence is needed for my master" Kagura said to me.

"We'll easily help. But tell me, why do you want my brother dead?" Hikari asked the demon. The demon snickered.

"You just don't get it. Mt master wishes to eliminate any sort of obstacles in his way. And Ryuken is one of them" Kagura said, while charging up a wind to blow us back. But I summoned my taitsaiga, and blocked the wind.

"It's useless. Not even your father could kill me. What makes you think you can?" Kagura said to me.

"You knew my father? Tell me" I said. She laughed again.

"Simple. I was sent to kill him before my master did. But I failed, and my master killed him" Kagura said. I was filled with rage. I blindly slashed down, hoping for the power of the wind scar. Nothing happened.

"Naraku" I said. Kagura nodded at that. She then began to wildly swipe powerful wind blades at me, knocking me back each time.

"Ryu. Stop it, please" My sister begged, but it was no use.

"I will make sure he won't be able to do a thing" Kagura said to me, before I slipped into unconsciousness. Dammit, I couldn't beat her. I wasn't strong enough

I woke up the next day, in a hut. It was a small hut, but modest. I noticed Hikari was fine, because she was tending to my wounds. I noticed another woman, but I couldn't recognize who it was.

"So you're up. I expected more then that out of Inu's eldest pup" The woman said. I immediately rose up.

"How do you know my father?" I asked. The woman, with slightly grey hair, approached me.

"I'm Sango. I was a good friend of your father's and mother's. For over 15 years, I have guarded this village. And now, the son Inu keep's talking about when he comes here has arrived. Though I am impressed that you managed to fuse Taitsaiga with your hand" Sango said to me.

"Well, in that case, I trust you. I am hunting down a hanyou. I don't know if you know him though" I said. Sango cheerfully giggled at that.

"Of course I know who you're talking about. I have a personal vendetta against Naraku myself" Sango said to me.

"Like what?" I asked. I guess I do get my father's temper.

"He has control over my little brother, and laid a curse to my dead husband's family before he was born. Every descendent from his bloodline will have a curse that will eat them up one day, literally. That curse, is an attack called the wind tunnel. The wind tunnel is a powerful use, but it will eventually eat up it's user" Sango said.

"I see. Well thanks for everything, but I must get going by sundown" I said. Hikari disagreed.

"We aren't going anywhere. Tonight's a new moon" She said. Crap.

"Okay. We'll stay. Not much use if we are humans" I said, lying back down.

"Kagura didn't injure you as bad as you may think. But I expected you to fight that off. You are weaker then you look" Sango said. I chuckled.

"So I need to work on a couple of things. Big deal" I said. Sango giggled again.

"Well you don't have your father's attitude. Tell me, where is he?" Sango asked. I cringed at that thought.

"Our parents are dead. Ryuken saw them die at the hands of Naraku" Hikari said.

"Ryuken. That's a nice name. Tell me, does it mean anything?" Sango asked.

"Dragon's fist" I said, before heading back into dream world.

A/N: Sorry for the long update. Please, R&R