InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Taming Her [Part 3] ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: hey…

::sigh::

My creative:: scoffs:: head isn't working properly at the moment so there will be nothing before this chapter begins.

Oh well.

And the remember that this story IS Sesshoumaru/Kagura!

~*~

Fire and Ice

Taming Her [Part 3]

(last one! I promise!)

By: bs~

Inuyasha, trying to stifle his laughs, snatched Miroku's almost dry and clean robes from the overhanging tree branch as Sango shooed the men back into their tents.

"You know that it's not really nice to cramp them up like that." Sango scolded as she walked over to where Inuyasha stood. The hanyou just shrugged.

"Don't complain. You practically get your own tent."

Scowling, Sango gave him a `tsk'. Inuyasha only replied by handing the clothes to her. Rolling her eyes, Sango grabbed the purple and black clothes and folded them up. Handing them back to Inuyasha she whacked him on the head.

"Hey!" he protested as he began heading for the direction that the monk had fled in. "Sango, watch that bitch!"

"I will master!" Sango replied cheerily without turning around. She took a quick glance at Kagome, who had apparently dozed off in all the commotion, and appeared to be peacefully sleeping.

`Should she be moved into one of the tents?

Would Inuyasha disapprove of it?

Or the more important question was…

Can I get her in there?'

While she was pondering about her dilemma, Sango decided to sit by the sleeping girl and enjoy the scenery. She gazed at the Sakura [cherry blossom] tree and noticed a patch of bright orange.

`Hm… that was odd. Cherry blossoms were PINK… was this a new type?'

Getting up, Sango walked to the Sakura tree and gazed into the flowers. There it was! The patch of orange! Only now that Sango was closer… she could see it was a child!

"Hey!" Sango whispered up there. "Are you stuck?"

There was no reply. Sango sighed and presumed that some sort of flying demon kidnapped the child and accidentally dropped him or her, knocking them unconscious.

Sango reached up to grab one of the sturdier looking branches and lifted herself up with a grunt. Peering up through the many flowers, Sango saw that the little bundle of orange was stirring slightly. "Don't move kid!" Sango called up to the child, but it didn't respond.

She climbed up to the next branch and this time she could see the child more clearly.

And what she saw almost made her fall out of the tree.

It wasn't that something had scared her… or frightened her… but more disturbing was the fact that what she had thought was a small child was actually a kitsune… a kitsune… with her tail swishing lazily in the breeze.

At least Sango thought it was a she. As she lumbered up another branch, the child stirred a little in its sleep. "Hold on!" Sango whispered, not really wanting to wake her, since it would make it more difficult to help the child and not wanting the girl she was supposed to be watching wake up, since Sango was pretty sure that the girl could easily get out of the chains that bound her.

She finally reached the child and cooed. She was so cute! Her ears were normal, except for the fact that they ended in sharp, cute points!

And her feet… they weren't feet! They were more animalistic… like foxes were… "So you are a kitsune aren't you?" Sango breathed.

She then reached out and cradled the kitsune in her arms like she would a baby. Then she realized something.

How was she to get down?

^.~

Kouga and Kagura had not traveled half a mile from their resting area before a swarm of bees appeared and blocked their paths. Kagura had tried to fan them away with her winds, but it was a failing attempt. Kouga had tried to leap through them, but it was useless.

Kouga and Kagura tried to fight it, but they both knew deep down that the bees were there for a reason…. Naraku wanted them back…

…Now.

^.~

"Oi! Sango! Where the hell did you go?" Inuyasha called out as he neared the campsite. The moment he noticed that the former cook was no longer in sight of him, a little pang of worry went off in his head. It wasn't until he reached the campsite and leaned against the cherry tree to survey the place that he found Kagome glaring at him.

"Oi bitch. What is your problem?" he growled, not in the best of moods. Little Sakura's blossoms were falling on his head… a lot. `Stupid tree.'

Where the HELL had Sango gone? More and more blossoms were falling onto his head, and although After a few more minutes, Miroku came into view from the hills. "Done houshi?" Inuyasha called out.

There was a muffled response from the monk/cook. Smirking Inuyasha turned back to his little prisoner and started his glaring match. But it wasn't really a glaring match… because she wasn't glaring at HIM… she was glaring above his head.

Curious to know what she was glaring at, he looked up at the tree that was the object of Kagome's attentions. And there he saw Sango glaring at him.

^.~

"I refuse!"

"You don't have a choice."

"To hell with that!"

"You HAVE to!" Kouga growled. Kagura scowled and used her fan to whap him lightly on the nose.

"No. I DON'T."

"Stop being so difficult. You have to do this and you know it." Kouga snarled. Kagura sniffed in contempt.

"I'll do whatever the bloody hell I want to."

"Yeah, you can. And Naraku will kill you."

"Shut up!" Kagura snapped. He didn't have to remind her of the chains that bound her to that son of a bitch. She thought about it every free second she had.

And she had lots of time.

"HE said YOU had to go to that damned stuck-up inu-youkai lord and KILL HIM! GOT THAT?" Kouga raved at her, more from being frustrated at what Naraku had instructed him to do than angry at Kagura.

They both had their missions.

Neither one was going to be easy.

^.~

"Now tell me again just WHAT the hell you were thinking when you went up that tree." Inuyasha gritted out, glaring evilly at the little ball of fluff that was curled up in Sango's arms.

"I saw her and I was worried. So I went up there to get her down. But… I got stuck."

"We noticed." Miroku replied dryly, still a bit sensitive about the kimono incident.

"And," Inuyasha snorted and tried to stifle his laugh as he said this, his anger momentarily forgotten, "that kitsune isn't a girl. It's a boy! Congratulations!"

Sango scowled. "Oh shut up and stop making fun of her!"

Kagome watched this quietly, taking this all in. What was wrong with these people?

Weren't they going to do anything to her?

Put her to use?

" - hey don't you take me seriously?"

"BECAUSE YOU SEEM LIKE YOU'RE HAVING FUN! AND AT THIS LITTLE CHILD'S EXPENSE! SHE'S PROBABLY BEEN ABUSED OR SOMETHING!"

"…feh."

"It's a boy. That idiot's right." Kagome spoke quietly. She wasn't sure if they heard her, but by the way they all froze and stared at her as if they had forgotten she was there, they heard her.

They had also forgotten she was there. "So bitch," Inuyasha sneered and straightened himself while picking off some imaginary lint and putting this glint in his eyes that Kagome didn't like in the slightest, "ready to show me what you can do?"

Kagome stared back at him, unsure of what to say. Was there some hidden sexual innuendo?

"What are you staring at?" Inuyasha snapped. He turned to Sango and Miroku. "I want those men ready to go back. We need to be there. In one day."

Miroku's eyes widened. "But that's practically impossible!"

Inuyasha grinned. "Practically. But it isn't now is it?"

Sango sighed. "Am I the cook again?"

"No." both men said at the same time. Inuyasha gave Miroku a strange look, but Miroku was far too busy staring up at the sky while scratching his head, whistling and walking away to pay any attention to the hanyou lord.

"…"

"…"

"I'll get the men up."

"I'll…just sit here."

^.~

Kagura sighed. The sun was getting to be unbearable. Loosening the collar of her kimono, Kagura fanned herself.


Damn that mangy wolf! Why was he taking so long?

It's not like that Lord Sesshoumaru was in hiding! He couldn't be that hard to find!

...then again… it WAS Kouga…

"What are you waiting for?" the suddenness of Kouga's voice startled Kagura and she turned and pressed herself unintentionally smack dab into Kouga.

Kouga, not expecting this impact, put his arms around her on instinct and stumbled back and stepped on a rock.


He howled and lifted up his foot, immediately forgetting that Kagura was still squished against him, but now she had realized the position she was in and was struggling out of his hold.

Kouga was having none of that. He was about to release Kagura when she gave him an extra hard shove while he was hopping on one foot and caused him to crash onto the ground.

In his panic, he dragged Kagura down with him.

The result…

"YOU STUPID MANGY WOLF! GET YOUR DIRTY PAWS OFF OF ME!"

"YOU WERE THE ONE DAYDREAMIMG BITCH! I CALLED YOU SO MANY TIMES I WENT HOARSE!"

"THEN WHY ARE YOU YELLING NOW?"

"…" Kouga paused and panted, out of breath from yelling at her and partly because he just realized what he had said.

"…idiot." Kagura grumbled as she put her hands onto his chest to push herself up.

Kouga grinned.

Payback time.

As Kagura helped herself up, applying more pressure to Kouga's chest, Kouga rolled over, as he swept one of his legs over Kagura's, tangling them.

Kagura screeched and started to beat Kouga's chest, but all he did to stop her was lean closer to her, until her hands were stuck between their chests.


Then he leaned in and put his mouth right next to Kagura's ear. He whispered into it.

"Enjoying this bitch?"

Kagura growled. Kouga grinned. "Naughty naughty…" he whispered huskily into her ears before lifting his head back up to see her face.

It was contorted into such an expression that Kouga was rather shocked. But he kept his face free of it and grinned. He leaned in and pressed his lips against Kagura's.

By the way she stiffened as Kouga kissed her passionately, Kouga could tell she was really shocked. She tried to struggle, but he trapped her legs, arms, and body with his.

She slackened as she realized she wasn't going to win. Kouga grinned against her mouth and prodded her sealed lips with his tongue.

Kagura, however, kept her lips tightly closed. Kouga tried again, but failed. He then brought one hand up to Kagura's face. Kagura saw this moment and closed her eyes as she waited for the slap to come.

But instead of the sharp, stinging sensation she was accustomed to, fingertips rubbed the back of her right ear. The unexpected sensation that such a simple movement made her moan.

Kouga, who had hoped she would do that, delved his tongue into her mouth.

Kagura gasped at the suddenness of this, but began to moan again.

Kouga reached down and pulled at her kimono, revealing more and more skin.

^.~

Inuyasha scowled as he turned around and started walking backwards. "STOP SLACKING! QUICKEN YOUR PACE!" he snapped.

Miroku sighed and gave Sango a knowing glance. They knew why Inuyasha was in a such a foul temper.

Kagome watched the exchange between Sango and Miroku and continued walking, but eyed the little orange bundle in Sango's arms every now and then, glaring.

She was just waiting for the opportune moment. When that kitsune awoke…it would die.

Inuyasha suddenly stopped in his tracks. The men following him closely had to stumble back to avoid crashing into their lord. "What is it?" Miroku asked, walking up next to him.

"Demons. Lots of them. We better hurry." Inuyasha stated, sniffing the air.

"We are." Sango scoffed. What Inuyasha said next caused her to pale.

"They're headed for the fort."

At the sound of this, all the men began to walk at a faster pace. Miroku sighed and gave Inuyasha a clap on the back before taking his spot in the back.

Sango gave Miroku a dirty look. Miroku looked apologetic and shrugged.

"He's lying." Kagome stated. "There are no demons headed for your fort."

Everyone stopped. They turned to stare at her, but quickly turned their heads to see the reaction of their lord. "Don't. Question. Me." he gritted.

"You just want to them to get home faster." Kagome kept a blank face and her tone even. There was no emotion. Aoi, who was being pulled along in a cage on a wagon by five men, looked at Kagome with shining eyes.

"Take a break men." The men sighed with relief and walked off hurriedly. She had angered their lord.

Their lord did not have a good temper.

^.~

"I ::thud:: don't ::smack:: want ::crash:: to ::whap:: hear another word out of you!" he roared, kicking the woman laid out on the floor in front of him. Surrounding him were broken objects, mainly vases.

More sounds of crashes and skin meeting skin filled the room. The man continued to rage at the woman until there he was panting hard.

Then he stopped, sat down and poured himself some tea. After an hour had passed, the woman got up and slowly sat down beside the man at the table.

She looked up at him, a sad smile on her face. "I'm sorry, Milord."

He looked at her and slowly smirked. "That's a good girl now. Drink some tea."

She nodded and poured herself a little, sipping delicately as a lady should. The man grinned and motioned for her to sit next to him.

"Let's continue where we were Kikyou." he murmured, kissing her temple. Kikyou sighed and nodded.

"Alright, but if you get made this time, remember to avoid my face or hands."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Mmph." Kikyou replied as he muffled her reply with his lips.

^.~

"Don't tempt me again, BITCH." Inuyasha put extra emphasis on the last word, to remind her that he was in charge.

"I'll be sure to put that down into my notes, along with remember to watch out to see if you are around when I bathe." Kagome replied in her even, calm tone.

"WHY YOU - ::TWOCK:: OW!" Inuyasha yelped as Miroku gave him a cuff on the head with his staff.

"Don't talk to a lady that way." he admonished. Sango rolled her eyes.

"I, for one, would rather be talked to the way Inuyasha talks to me than to talk to YOU." Sango said, enjoying the confusion being played on both men's faces.

"Sexist sadists." Kagome added.

"Yes they are!" Sango smiled warmly at Kagome. Kagome didn't smile back. The smile drooped a little on Sango's face, but she wouldn't give up!

After all, that poor girl was tied up on the ground and dragged around like a piece of meat for crying out loud!

"Inuyasha, I think we best be getting on our way. And NO more lies."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. "I'm the boss."

"I'm the cook."

"No. I am!" Miroku butted in cheerfully.

"I think you're enjoying being cook more than you let on…" Sango said as she walked over to help Kagome get up.

"MEN! LET'S GO HOME!" Inuyasha roared as the soldiers scattered back from behind trees and bushes.

Miroku grinned.

Later on in the day, when they moved closer to the fort, Inuyasha stopped again.

"No more lies Inuyasha!" Sango said sharply.

"Sango, stay here with the prisoner. I want four men with me. Including Miroku. The rest stay and guard." Inuyasha stated in a cool tone. Miroku looked worriedly at Sango and gave her a nod before following Inuyasha.

As they walked past the bunch of trees and around the bushes, they noted trampled land.

Someone… was here. They snuck quietly towards what appeared to be a village.

Suddenly, a soldier cried out. "What are you doing you fool?" Inuyasha hissed, ready to grab and silence the man.

"IT'S FORT SHIKON!" Inuyasha stiffened. And started to search his pockets, looking for the map that Bankotsu had given him.

And smack dab on there, in the spot they were standing, was Fort Shikon. Inuyasha paled and gave out orders. "I want you all the sit here and guard. Anybody comes, call for me."

"But - "

"No questions." Inuyasha snapped.

He stepped through the bushes and what he saw before him just about drove his youkai blood crazy.

There, in front of him, was a battlefield. No - it WAS a battlefield.


Bodies littered the land and the fort was burned down and desecrated. Inuyasha slitted his eyes as he sniffed the air, searching for the scoundrel who did this.

The scent. It was so familiar… he had caught the scent many times before… but this one was different…

… it smelled like him…

…but it was different…

…it had the distinct youkai blood. Inuyasha frowned. Surely he had not lost control again? Tetsusaiga had not be away from him since two years ago.

Inuyasha gritted his teeth and stiffened as he realized who it was.

The person who's bloodline was similar to his.

The one person who had the same father…

The one who was a pureblooded youkai…

Sesshoumaru.

^.~

Sango sat herself down next to Kagome and smiled. "So, how are you holding up?"

"Surprisingly well. I'm shocked that that impudent and sorry excuse of a hanyou is such an efficient leader."

"…nice." Sango grinned. "What's your name?"

Kagome looked at Sango and furrowed her eyebrows. "My…name…?"

"Yeah, I mean your name isn't really bitch is it?"

Kagome shook her head. "It's Kagome." [this seems redundant I know… but they haven't learned her name yet! more confusion about names is to come as Miroku and Inuyasha learn her name. How fun.]

Sango smiled. "That's a pretty name. I suppose your name is from the old children's game?"

Kagome nodded. "I don't know why though."

Sango nodded. "Who named you?"

"Aoi."

Sango gestured with her hands. "And that is…?"

"He's right there." And she pointed to the wolf who was glaring furiously at Sango, with his silver eyes narrowed and his tail still. The silvery-white fur looked so soft and feathery. Sango's eyes glazed over.

"Can I touch him?"

This question seemed to amuse Kagome. She even smiled a little. "No. I don't think he likes to be touched by anyone he doesn't like. But don't worry. I'm sure he'll come to like you. It's just the situation."

"Oh." Sango nodded. "I see. I'm sorry about this Aoi!" The massive wolf seemed to cringe as Sango called his name. "I'd release you from those chains if I could, but Inuyasha would KILL me!" she exclaimed.

Kagome stopped being amused. "How arrogant. He stoops so low."

Sango cocked her head to the side, confused momentarily until she realized what she meant. "Oh! I didn't mean that literally!"

"Sure?"

"Oh don't listen to her, she's just the cook." Miroku stated as he walked towards them. Inuyasha and the other men came into view a second after.

"Rest tonight," Miroku spoke loud enough so the other men, who were gambling and trying not to let Inuyasha see, "because tomorrow we MUST return to the fort."

Inuyasha growled as he leapt into the tree. Kagome arched her eyebrows into an unasked question. "He always sleeps in trees. Feels he's better than us!" Mirokru responded cheerily. "Ow!" as a branch hit him.

"Shut up monk and get to sleep."

"He does that because Miroku likes to bother him when he sleeps." Sango whispered as she set up their tent and as both girls went inside, Miroku called out to them.

"Would you like me to stay with you to calm your fears ladies?"

"I'd be more afraid being in the same tent as you! GIVE ME THE WOLVES!" Sango cried out and laughed as she dimmed the light in their tent.

Miroku pouted before getting into his tent. "Let's see what'll happen when the wolves do come dear Sango…" he grinned maliciously as he entered his tent, with no intention of sleeping.

~*~

AN: I'm so sorry for not updating for such a long time! But I made this chapter two pages longer.

And remember, this IS a Sesshoumaru/Kagura.

This reason I repeat myself is, I don't want to get reviews going "BUT YOU SAID IT WAS A SESS/KAGURA!!!"

I DID say it was a Sesshoumaru/Kagura and it IS.

This is just for angst build up. ^_^ I'm such a happy little bunny right now.

Review please~!