InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Flame Goddess ❯ Old friends? Or new enemies ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I'm sooooooooo sorry I haven't updated. I'm going to try to update all my fics at least once every 2 or 3 weeks if not more. I would get more done but middle school sucks & the school cpu's won't let me on ff.net or AOL & they won't let us use floppy disks, they're evil. I will be ending the voted after the next chap. I know I said chapter 5 but I don't know how long this is going to end up being. I want to make it at least 10 chaps but it all depends how much I get in the chaps.

POLLS::

Kag/Kur: 13

Kag/Hiei: 17

OK no offense to ppl who like Hiei but why does every one keep voting for him I like Kag/Hiei pairings but only in certain fics. I just can't see Kagome & Hiei getting together in my fic so if someone would care to explain that to me either tell me in a review or IM me. K on with the chap. ^_^

Last Time: *~*~* Monday Morning *~*~*

I was walking to school with Yusuke & Kuwabara. I was in my human form. I wonder if I'll see my old friends? Just as that thought went through my head we got to the gates of the school & I saw......

I couldn't believe it; there my friends stood. Basically they looked the same on the outside but something seemed different, that's when I noticed it. Their auras are different. Theirs is a dark red lined with black & gray!? I stood there shocked. The dark red is hatred & anger. The black is death, & the gray is pain or hurt. There was only a faint trace of yellow, which is joy. I couldn't figure out why they had or would change.

I walked up to them; their backs were turned so they didn't see me coming. I gently tapped Sango on the shoulder; she whipped around & swung me around & twisted my arm around my back. I was so shocked I couldn't retaliate.

"Get away from me girlie," she said in such a voice, I was taken aback by the coldness. If I didn't know any better I would have thought that the temperature just dropped below absolute zero.

When I came back to reality I managed to stutter "S-Sango, what happened to you?"

"How do you know me?!" she said in the same tone as before.

"It's me, it's Kagome" I replied softly. I felt her grip loosen then become twice as hard.

"Don't lie to me if you don't want to lose your arm," she all but hissed.

"I'm not lying, let's go to the back of the school," I requested. She pushed me to the back of the school not letting me out of the current arm-lock that she had me in. When we got there I quickly changed into my goddess form broke free & changed so quickly that it didn't seem like I even changed at all. Only then did I notice Miroku behind her.

"Lady Kagome?" Miroku said questioningly.

I smiled brightly & replied "The one & only!"

"Miroku!" Sango said disbelievingly "I can't believe you! How can you even think that this impostor is Kagome!! The Kagome we knew had brown eyes not blue!" She screamed hotly.

"I'm not an impostor & I can prove it," I stated calmly.

"Your all talk & no action, but I'd love to see you try," she with crossed arms & a smirk.

I matched her smirk with one of my own except mine was evil very evil. "Are you sure you want me to do that?" I questioned in a malicious voice.

Sango would never admit it but that smirk scared her (A/N: It should *laughs maniacally*), "Of course!" she said a bit hesitantly.

My smirk just got bigger. "If you insist..." I paused. "When you & me were having a sleep-over one weekend. We were playing truth or dare; you chose truth...

&~&~& Author's POV &~&~&

*~* Flashback *~*

"Truth or Dare Sango?" Kagome asked.

"Ummm.... Truth" Sango replied

Kagome smiled evilly. "Do you love Miroku?" Sango's reaction only made Kagome smile more. She turned about 50 different shades of red before settling for one that made her look like a tomato.

"No. Wh-What makes you think that," Sango stammered.

"I think your lying. Lie Detector time!!!!" Kagome screamed out the last part. She gave Sango the lie detector. It said she was lying big-time.

"All right, all right" she sighed. "I do love Miroku & his perverted ways," after she said that her blush doubled.

*~* End Flashback *~*

By this time Sango was trying her bet to shut Kagome up. Miroku just stood there looking like Kagome did when Kouga said he loved her then got all starry-eyed along with a dopey grin on his face.

"Kagome I can't believe it's really you," Sango gasped. "Whathappened?Wherewereyou?Howdidyoureyeschangecolor" She was talking so fast it all sounded like one word.

"Sango, Sango. Geez last time I checked you need a little something commonly know as air." I said jokingly, happy to have my friend back. Then the bell rang. "We'll talk about this at lunch. Meet me at our old hang-out." Sango nodded & they went their seperate ways.

*~&*~&*~ Kagome's history class *~&*~&*~

The teacher walked into class; the class itself was out of control. She looked ready to bolt Kagome read her aura & saw that she was extremely nervous. Kagome walked up to her & said, "May I?" The teacher nodded & stepped back. Kagome took a deep breath then "SHUT UP!" Everyone looked at her in shock then went back to talking.

By this time Kagome had veins popping up everywhere. "IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU TO A BLOODY PULP!!!!" They immediately shut up.

Even though she was in her human form her senses still surpassed that of a human's. So she heard a punk saying "Great a female Urimeshi (sp?)" the sarcasm dripping from his voice like venom.

&~&~&~&~ Kagome's POV &~&~&~&~

I spun around so fast that I thought I lost my head at one point of the turn. When I got my bearings back (only took bout a second), I glared fiercely & spoke to him in a deadly calm voice, "I only have two things to say to you. One do not & I repeat not dis my friends. Second, meet me after school," I smirked, "I believe we have to... get acquainted... some more." I smirked even more when I heard him gulp loudly.

"O-K class. We'll be studying the legend of the Shikon No Tama or the jewel of four souls." She paused, "Does anyone know anything about the jewel?"

I rolled my eyes mentally I'm the guardian of the jewel there's very little that I don't know. But I have to hide that so I'll just say a few simple things. I raised my hand, "Yes Ms... Ms..."

"Higurashi I'm new," I supplied.

"Very well, do you know anything about the Shikon?"

" Yes I know that it's a very powerful jewel that can give a power boost to demons & evil humans. It was also said to be burned with the body of its protector, the priestess Kikyou whom died protecting the jewel," I told them. Did I over-do it?

"Wow how do you know so much about the jewel?" The teacher asked in amazement.

"I grew up in a shrine & my grandfather always told me legends," I replied hoping they will buy it.

"Very well," she then droned on & on about things I already knew.

*~*~* 30 minutes later *~*~*

The teacher finally said something interesting. "The jewel was created by the great priestess Midiriko (sp?). She was supposedly the most powerful human on the face of the earth. Then one day the demons realized no single demon could defeat her alone. So they fused their bodies together to create the most evil being possible. They fought for days on end, the demons were weakening but Midiriko was weakening even more.

She used the last of her power to crystallize her soul & the three demon's souls into a jewel. Thus the Shikon no Tama was made. The demons & Midiriko still battle within the jewel. Depending on the purity or evilness of the holder's soul depends on who's winning." BRRIINNGG! "I want a 5 paragraph essay tomorrow about who you think should win & why. Have a nice day," With that the teacher finished her lesson.

*~*~*~* Skip to lunch *~*~*~*

I was walking to our old hangout place in the sukura groves, west of the school. I couldn't wait to get reacquainted with my friends. That thought slowed me down. My friends... what about my friends at the lab. Kagura, Kanna, InuYasha, Sesshomaru, I have to find a group of people who are willing to help me get them out. I'm sure Sango & Miroku will help... I was brought out of my thoughts by crying. I knew I would be late meeting Sango & Miroku, but I felt an unexplainable need to check this out.

I turned to the left & started following the sound, I was walking for approximately 5 minutes. The sound was strongest at the base of a rather large sukura tree.

Sitting there crying was a kitsune pup. My maternal instincts kicked in & I kneeled next to him. He looked up in confusion & fear. I spoke quietly "What's wrong little one?"

"My parents were killed by the thunder brothers. They sent me through the portal but now I'm all alone in the human realm," he told me then burst into a new wave of tears.

"Shhh... it's ok... shhh," I felt his body slow down it's racking of sobs. Soon it was just a hiccup here & there. "Now what's your name?"

"My name's Shippou, what's yours?" he asked childishly.

"I'm Kagome. It's nice to meet you Shippou." I replied sweetly. " If you have no where else to go would you like to come with me?"

"Sure!!" he replied excitedly. He doesn't seem like he just lost his parents anymore. It also doesn't seem like it's his in his nature to be sad. I can't make it to the hangout in time like this.

"Come on Shippou after I transform hop on my back. OK?" He nodded & I transformed into my Kitsune form. He hopped on & Held onto my fur. I took off full speed for the hangout.

We got there in one minute flat. He hopped off & I changed back into my human form. "My friends don't know anything about you or my abilities yet so don't say anything," he looked confused but nodded anyway.

We walked up to the hangout; it was really just a shack in the back of the sukura groves. We made like a second home out of it. It had stepping stones that go up to a bamboo door. All in all it was the setup of a feudal (sp?) era hut.

I walked in with the kit on my shoulder. I heard Sango gasp, then faster than the eye could see she was cuddling him to death. "Ummm... Sango... last time I checked he needed to breathe." I told her with a little humor in my voice. She blushed & let him go.

A/N: OK guys some one pointed out to me that Kagome is too much like my online character so I'm gonna change her around the story will still have the same plot just she will be "altered" differently. Plz review & don't yell at me for changing this.

Preview: Kagome will find out why Sango was so hostile & why her aura had death in it in the next chapter. Kagome also tells them what happened to her & asks them to help get her friends back. Will they help? And what do I have in store for the kid that she has to get "acquainted with"? Well actually I need some ideas for that. I was thinking like torture but I'll take suggestions.