InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For Me? ❯ Chapter 3: The Secret's Out ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
DL: Hello Everyone… Now I know that we've taken a long time to get this out… *ducks from any and all thrown objects such as knives and fruit*
Skele: However, despite the wait we are proud to present Chapter 3!
DL: Yes…finally, apparently my editor neglected to mention he had it 90% finished about a year ago,
Skele: *grins*
DL: An now without further ado…
 
Chapter 3: A Turn for the Worse
 
It seemed like Miroku had just hit the mattress in his and Sango's hut, before Sango's shifting around woke him up. Well only part of him was mildly surprised when he woke to find Sango so close. Some how she moved from her mat over to his, and his eyes widened as his mind began to race.
 
`What am I going to do?' he thought to himself, she began to stir awake. He quickly squirmed out of her way and sat up, pretending to meditate.
 
Sango blinked awake; `What am I doing here?' she looked up slightly to see Miroku meditating, her face went red. `I'm so close to him…' She tried to get up with disturbing him.
 
“Morning Sango”
 
Sango looked over, “Sorry I didn't mean to disturb you”
 
He smiled and said, “You didn't disturb me that much trust me.”
 
She smiled and then moved over to get changed, “Could you leave so I can change?” Sango asked but when she looked at him he was back in his meditative trance. Sango sighed and shook her head before looking over at where her clothes were laying.
 
`I've already fallen for something like this before, am I stupid enough to try again?' she wondered. Taking one good look at him and even waving her hand in his face she decided, `One last time'.
 
She turned around and pulled off her sleeping garb, covering herself she looked back at him. He hadn't moved and there wasn't anything about him to prove that he was watching her. She smiled and picked up her clothes and was just about to get dressed when…
 
“Ok, Sango I'll go outside” he said getting up and opening his eyes. There was a brief moment when both didn't know what would happen next, but before the fact that Sango was naked in front of him reached his brain…
 
~Outside~
 
Kagome and InuYasha were heading back to the hut when `Hentai!' and Sango slapping Miroku could faintly be heard by InuYasha, but before he could say anything Kagome shook her head.
 
“When is Miroku going to learn, that rubbing her ass is no way to let her know how he feels…” Kagome commented.
 
“Yeah I know that letcher…wait! How did you know?” InuYasha spun around and looked at her. Kagome just looked back at him.
 
“You haven't even looked at me this morning have you?...I sat in your lap all that time and you never noticed the changes in me…” she was getting angrier, and upset “I didn't know how to tell you this before…about what happened after you were hurt in the final battle” InuYasha just looked on wondering why she was getting so upset…
 
“Kagome? What's wrong…what happened after I was knocked out? Was my dream…real?” InuYasha questioned.
 
Kagome looked down, hiding her ears in her hair. “After you were knocked out, Naraku cornered me and I was so scared my arrows weren't working…I managed to find his jewel shard…” she looked up, tears running down her face “I didn't mean to InuYasha, it just happened…you have to know I never meant to use it”
 
InuYasha was shocked `why is she crying? What happened? And what did she use…' InuYasha thought to himself.
 
“Kagome…what is it…what happened, what are you talking about?” he questioned.
 
Kagome just stared him in the eyes “The jewel InuYasha…I didn't mean to but I used the jewel…to help get rid of Naraku” she just turned away. “I know that you didn't want to become Youkai anymore…but I had promised to give you the jewel…I'm sorry InuYasha…it's gone”
 
InuYasha stared blankly at Kagome for what seemed like forever. It got so quiet that Kagome had to ask,
“InuYasha” three or four times before InuYasha responded with, “What!” Birds flew away from the noise, Miroku looked up and Sango did too. Shippo stirred awake and Kirara jumped up and bounded out of the hut to get to Sango.
 
“You don't have to yell!” Kagome screamed back,
 
“Gone! What do you mean gone!? What did you do to it?” he bellowed,
 
“Hey don't take that tone with me!” she responded,
 
“Well what happened to it?”
 
“I used it!”
 
“Used it? To do what?”
 
“To save you!”
 
“I didn't need saving! I wanted you to stay out of the battle in the first place!”
 
“Didn't need saving? It didn't seem that way when you were lying on the floor not moving!”
 
“I would have been fine, I'm half demon remember?!”
 
“So am I!!” Kagome screamed. InuYasha's rebuttal didn't leave his mouth. The words didn't seem to form, as he stood there completely dumbfounded.
 
“What?” he asked. Kagome didn't answer, she wasn't even looking at him.
 
“What did you say Kagome?” InuYasha asked grabbing her arms making her look at him. She stared for a minute and then looked away saying,
 
“I'm a hanyou now too” InuYasha let her go and reached for her head. Kagome backed away slightly but was surprised when he reached over her head and began to softly brush her hair away from her ears. He breathed deeply as he softly took them in his fingers and rubbed them.
 
“Kagome…” was all he could say as he continued to softly caress them. Kagome was smiling softly as she felt him touch her new ears `that feels so nice…why doesn't InuYasha like having his ears rubbed?' It sent a slight shiver through her at first then turned into a warm feeling, that washed over her body that made her want to relax. Kagome got so lost in the feeling that she didn't notice InuYasha until he stopped, turned around and stepped away.
 
“Why did you do that Kagome?” he asked, “I didn't want to be a full demon, but what if I wanted to join you and be a human, I would have done that for you Kagome!”
 
Kagome stared at InuYasha with disbelief before saying, “How can you be so selfish?” InuYasha looked back at her to lock his gaze with her angry eyes.
 
“What?” He asked,
 
“You are such a jerk!” she yelled, “You say you want to change for me but when I change for you, you're mad at me? I didn't want you to change remember?” InuYasha was dumb founded.
 
“How can you stand there telling me that you would do anything for me but the moment I do something for you, you turn your back on me?” she turned around and started walking back to the god tree.
 
“Hey! Kagome! Why are you being such a bitch about this?” InuYasha yelled to her.
 
“Well I am one now, so get used to it!” InuYasha just stood there for a minute thinking about what she said.
 
“Hey don't walk away from me get back here!” he said before running to catch up to her, and with that she ran to the god tree and jumped high in its branches.
 
“Damn it!” InuYasha said trying to jump up beside her.
 
“SIT BOY!” Kagome screamed, sending him face first into the ground.
 
“Kagome!”
 
“SIT!”
 
He tried a few more to get up to her, “Kagome I'm coming up there even if you sit me 100 times”
 
“Just leave me alone InuYasha!” she shouted down to him.
 
He jumped up and once again Kagome's `SIT' rang out and InuYasha, once again, met his friend…the ground.
 
“Fine!” InuYasha just crouched on the ground at the base of the tree looking up at her.
 
They sat in silence for a bit, her anger slowly burning away to nothing. It was InuYasha who finally broke the silence,
 
“Maybe I didn't want you to change…”
 
“I didn't mean to…” Kagome said quietly and then silence followed for a while.
 
“I didn't want you to be like me” InuYasha commented. Kagome jumped out of the tree and stood in front of him.
 
“So you'd rather have me grow old and die leaving you alone again?” she asked. InuYasha looked at her.
 
“I wanted to become human like you,” he said. Kagome's rage sparked at the comment.
 
“But I'm not Kikyo!” she yelled; “I don't want you to change! I like you the way you are! Why do you want to change anyway? Is it to keep that promise you made with her… well news flash I'm not her!” tears of anger were running down her face, all InuYasha could do was stare. “I didn't plan on becoming a half demon, I asked for the power to help you, for the power to be with you, and this is what it gave me, so if you still love me then fine if not then GOODBYE!” she said storming off to the well. InuYasha jumped up and reached for her,
 
“Kagome!” but it was too late she had already bounded off into the woods.
 
~Back at the Hut~
 
Miroku finally had a chance to get dressed when Sango exited the hut. The image not leaving his brain. Sango standing there looking at him, her clothes around her feet…and her hand connecting with his face as everything went black.
 
He rubbed his still red cheek, `Ahh Sango…what a beautiful sight you have left me' but he sighed and pulled his hand away from his face. `For once I wish I could be with Sango without getting slapped' he stood up after wrapping his rosary around his wrist. He stopped and took off the rosary and pulled back the cloth. His mind saw it for five seconds before reality set in, his curse, his burden, his doom…the wind tunnel…was no more. He took a deep breath and felt the skin that had been the void in his hand for so long. He looked at the wall and took a fighting stance, pointing his hand at the wall and shouted.
 
“WIND TUNNEL!” Nothing happened…
 
“What are you doing?” Sango asked as she stepped in the hut and stared at him. Miroku turned around quickly with child like excitement, his newly freed hand extended out to show her.
 
“Sango! Look at….” The excitement from the wind tunnel's disappearance quickly melted into the new excitement of where Miroku's hand made contact with Sango's chest. Sango prepared for the long silence but instead Miroku quickly removed his hand and said, “Forgive me Sango!” Sango stood blushing for a second. Miroku was the one that took the weight of the moment off of Sango's shoulders when he said happily, “My curse! It's gone!” Miroku held his hand in front of her. She gazed at it and held it in her hand tracing her fingers across the place where the hole was.
 
“When we defeated Naraku, did it…?” Sango asked, Miroku smiled and nodded. Sango smiled and leapt at Miroku wrapping her arms around his neck.
 
“Miroku-kun!” She yelled as they fell back onto the floor. They stayed that way for a minute before Sango tried to get up after saying, “Sorry…” Miroku moved his hand and stopped her from getting up by holding the back of her head.
“To feel your hair in this hand… it's so soft…” they sat there watching each other.
 
“Sango… Did you really mean… what you said back then?” Miroku asked. Sango began to blush.
 
“Really mean what?” she asked looking away. Miroku smiled and pulled her head closer and kissed her. The moment slipped into what seemed like forever but when he backed away again Sango had remembered, what she had promised, so long ago.
 
The moment however wouldn't last for long because InuYasha stepped into the hut. The three exchanged glances for a while before InuYasha turned muttering something about finding the old lady or the runt. Sango jumped back off of Miroku. Both sat in silence before Miroku began to chuckle followed shortly by Sango.
 
~Elsewhere~
 
InuYasha found his way over to Kaede's herb garden, where she was gathering plants. InuYasha wandered over to the surrounding fence and plopped himself down by one of the posts grumbling softly. Without turning to look Kaede said,
 
“Something troubling you, InuYasha?”
 
“Feh, What makes you think that there is anything wrong with me, I mean its not like she used the jewel…turned herself into a Hanyou…got pissed off at me and run off home.”
 
“So ye lost your temper over her saving ye life?” InuYasha stood up and leaned on the fence saying,
 
“Yes…wait, No…but?”
 
“No doubt, ye also compared lady Kagome to my sister again” InuYasha plopped back on the floor ignoring her comment and Kaede went back to picking her herbs. InuYasha sat there thinking about what she said. Kaede was right, she was always right.
 
InuYasha heard Kaede get up and make her way back to her hut but asked her,
 
“I messed up, didn't I?”
 
“Aye, ye did”
 
InuYasha sat at the foot of the fence for so long thinking, that he eventually fell asleep. About an hour and a half later Shippo landing on his lap was what awakened him.
 
“INUYASHA!”
 
“GAH!! WHAT! WHERE'S THE DEMON!” he yelled in a half asleep haze, reaching for his sword.
“InuYasha!” Shippo yelled again. By now InuYasha had awoken enough to realize what was going on. So when he noticed Shippo was sitting on his lap he swiftly bonked him on the head. Shippo cried in pain grabbing the bump on his head.
 
“Feh serves you right for waking me up runt” Shippo looked at InuYasha with a serious look on his face.
 
“InuYasha have you seen Mommy?”
 
“Who?”
 
“Mommy! Kagome!”
 
“Feh, Who cares?”
 
“You had another fight again didn't you?!” InuYasha didn't answer, but instead pushed him off his lap with a `get off.'
 
“I--- knew it! You did have a fight, Fine I'll find her all by myself” Shippo said scamper off to look for help.
InuYasha grumbled some more and looked at the sun.
 
“She's had plenty time to cool down” he told himself and bounded off into the forest.
 
~In the Forest~
 
As InuYasha drew closer to the well InuYasha stopped for a second to get grips of this overwhelming cent that had just reached him. He sniffed the air,
 
“Tears?” he said to no one, I didn't think I upset her that much' He thought bounding off into the clearing. Landing in the sunlight his ears picked up the sound of muffled sobs. “Kagome…?” he asked softly approaching the well where the noises were coming from. When he looked down into it the darkness sobbed back, “Kagome?” he said jumping down. When he hit the bottom he realized that the crying was indeed Kagome. He approached her slowly. He stretched an arm out to touch her. “Kag…” He started but before he could finish her name he was pushed back by the weight of her jumping into his arms crying with a renewed vigor.
 
“Their gone, their gone…” she kept saying, InuYasha hugged her and said,
 
“Who's gone what's going on?”
 
Kagome pulled back and looked at him with watery eyes.
 
“The well… It's closed…” she began to sob again pulling him close to her again.
 
“I'll never see my family again… It's closed.” InuYasha just hugged her tighter. Thinking,
 
`What do we do now?'
 
TBC…
 
Author note:
 
Skele: Well now wasn't that interesting, I love throwing those curves.
DL: Of course you don't…It's not going to be you getting hit later…
Skele: I know…
DL: I propose I hold a vote; I want to see how many want the well to stay closed
Skele: sure!
DL: Ok let me know what you think guys :3