InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ A World of Betrayals ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm soooooo sorry for taking so long to update, I had to finish my school work and that took up my time. Thank you for understanding Kagome's temporary death, and not flaming me. ^_^ I'm sorry to say, but this chapter is another dark one, but I promise it won't be as dark as the last one. I love you guys...read on. ^_^

Disclaimer: Umm.....yeah....don't own it...^_^, but I do own a few of the cute chibbie figurines. They're so kawaii!!!!

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````

RECAP:

Kikyo fumed as she watched her chance for happiness run away before her very eyes. My bitch reincarnation wasn't supposed to die just yet. She climbed back down the god tree and headed back towards the village. The least she could do was return the torn soul back to where it belonged. Inside of herself.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```

For the Love of a Miko

Chapter 9: A World of Betrayals

Inuyasha reached the hut and his heart caught in his throat. He burst through the doorway and there before him was his beautiful wonderful 'shard detector' lying 'limp and lifeless down on the floor.' (AN: Tell me where I got this last quote and I'll give you cookies^_^!)

He ran to her side without even glancing at the other distraught inhabitants. He reached over and stroked her face. She fealt cool under his touch, almost alien. Tears fell freely from his eyes.

~

Kouga allowed a ferral growl escape his lips as the hanyo touched Kagome. He acted as if he didn't even know it was him that did this to her in the first place. Yes, Kouga blamed Inuyasha for his love's current case of riggim mortis, but he also blamed himself. If he hadn't taken her friends, then Inuyasha would not have returned in his state of rage. Now was not the time, but he would avenge Kagome. Kouga swore to Kami that the hanyo bastard would pay, as would he.

~

Inuyasha turned in disbelief when he heard Kouga growl at him. Surely he did not blame him for Kagome's death. How was he supposed to know that she had hit the damn wall so hard? His eyes widened when a wave of realization hit. He was indead responsible. How could he not have been?

~

It was then that the group noticed the pink essence above Kagome. It hovered and blipped, but remained visible. To say Inuyasha was shocked would have been an understatement. His eyes became saucers as he realized what it meant. It meant that she had yet to pass on. There was still a chance that she could be saved.

A loud noise and the sound of terrified screams tore the group away from their vigil. They all ran out of the tiny hut to kill whatever being had dared to interrupt their mourning.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````

The night sky shone with dull enthusiasm, as if the impending evil sucked the life from the very stars. Miasma clung to the very air in hopes of suffocating it. A dark group walked towards the unsuspecting village that laid in the distance. Naraku stepped into the clearing, a small smile gracing his pale features. Kagura and Kanna followed suit, each with their hordes trailing shortly behind.

They began their rampage by attacking the first hut they came to. It was home to a small family. The father was killed instantly as Kagura's windblades ripped throught the walls, leaving the new mother and her child to fend for themselves. Kanna took the liberty of stealing their souls as they tried to run. Their cries echoed through the once still night.

The group continued forward destroying everything in their path. Nothing could escape, as people and animals were slautered.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````

Inuyasha and his companions watched on in horror as Naraku and his minions created havoc in the once peaceful village. The smell of blood and death tortured their sences. Kouga was the first to take his stance and confront the evil hanyo.

"Kukukuku," chuckled Naraku, " So I see the little wolf wants to play." A semblance of joy danced within his eyes. "It would seem as if you are anxious to join your pack in the afterlife."

Kouga refused to let the poisonous words get to him. He would end it. Kouga ran forward grateful to the shards in his legs. He swipped at the monster in the baboon pelt, but Naraku was expecting it and was able to dodge in time. It parried with a swift tentacle, but only managed to cut the wolf's arm. Kouga was becoming enraged as his eyes began to bleed blood red. He attacked again, and this time it hit it's mark. Naraku was sent flying through the air.

Inuyasha and his friends saw their chance to attack, but were cut off by Kagura and Kanna. The hordes of demons didn't help matters much either. Inuyasha took on Kagura while Sango and Miroku went after the mob. The monk's windtunnel was useless though as Naraku never failed to bring his hell wasps. All he could do was break in their attackers' heads with his staff, and plaster purifying sutras. Sango rode on the back of her demon cat Kirara. The few creatures that got past Sango's boomerang were devoured by the giant neko.

Kanna never left her 'sister's' side, so as to be able to reflect tesusaiga's attacks when aimed at Kagura. Naraku was having little trouble with the wolf, but found his speed quite annoying.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````

Kikyo watched the little war in mild enthusaism. She didn't care which side came out on top, just as long as she was able to take the hanyo to hell with her. Kikyo feal Kagome's spirit within the hut, but made no move for it. It could wait a little longer, her attencion returned to her struggling hanyo.

In a rage he used his kaza no kizu (sp?) to try and finish off Kagura, but right at the last minute she turned with Kanna and the mirror reflected his attack. Inuyasha was thrown a great distance and remained where he fell unmoving. He was unconcious.

Kikyo moved to her lover's side to check on him. She was supposed to be the one to take him to hell. How dare they try to send him there without her consent. Kikyo turned and glared at Naraku. He lifted up a barrier just before the wolf could attack. The move sent Kouga flying into a tree at the end of the clearing. He too was rendered unconcious.

The miko zombie stood up and casually sauntered over to the greatest evil the feudal era had ever known and started to scold him. "How dare you Naraku. Leave Inuyasha out of whatever your plans are next. I will take him to hell with me, along with my soul. Do not interfear." With that said she began to walk away once again, but a sudden searing pain through her abdomen stopped her.

She turned to see Naraku smirking at her, as he removed his poisonous tentacle from her being. "You would do well to remember your station wench," he chided.

Kikyo stumbled to the ground and gasped for her soul snatchers. They appeared and headed for the hut where Kagome's lifeless body remained almost forgotten. The snatchers were dispersed by a barrier which had erected itself around her soul.

Kikyo mumbled a few cursed, but proceeded to drag her self towards the hut.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````

Kaede watched as her sister was stabbed by Naraku, but did not move to aid her. She remained with Kagome concentraiting all of her powers as a miko on a barrier. She had a fealing that that was why they were here. Kaede would not allow anyone to come near the innocent child. Her barrier remained as Kikyo clawed at it from her hunched position. Pain evident in her dead eyes.

Suddenly a bright flash brought the sisters from their contest of wills. The pink sould that had positioned itself above Kagome's body shot through Kaede's barrier and dissolved into Kikyo. The look of triumph was evident on her face. She had regained her soul. Her body would heal and she would be able to return to hell with Inuyasha. The day was beginning to look up.

Without warning Kikyo fell into a pile of earth and bones. The souls inside her floated up into the heavens where they belonged, all except for one. The little pink soul blipped and transformed into an ethereal transparent pink vissage of Kagome.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````

Hehehe, so what do you think so far? I need reviews. I only got 4 this last time I guess that's why it took me so long to update. Well here you go. I'm still working on what I'm gonna do to get Kagome with Kouga. I would really really really love it if you guys would shoot me some ideas. Namely in the form of a review, but if you want to can e-mail me.

SO PUSH THE BUTTON......

RIGHT......

DOWN......

HERE!......

(^_^)