InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For the Love of a Miko ❯ Plans and Conspiracies ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

^_^;; I am running out of things to say up here! The past few chapters' beginings have practically been identacle. Gomen to everyone who looks forward to this part of a new chapter. I think I do somewhat ok for a person who doesn't talk much. ^_~ Hehehe, well I guess I should leave you guys to the story, but remember...REVIEW!

Disclaimer: Me no own.....you no sue (Damn, not even this changes!)

`````````````````````````````````````````````

RECAP:

Hakkaku shook his head. The child didn't speak, eat, drink, nothing. It greatlly contrasted the cunning fox that impersonated their leader to try to escape with their sister. This child was dead to the world except for the one person who could awaken him. 'Please hurry up and return to us Kagome.'

```````````````````````````````````````````

For the Love of a Miko

Chapter 20: Plans and Conspiracies

When Kagome awoke, she found that she was again alone with her thoughts. This may or may not have been a blessing, because she found her mussings turning to the iron contraption from hell sitting innocently in the corner. 'Great,' she thought darkly. 'Midoriko, I could sure use your help out of this one.

As if on que, she was once more met with darkness, but this time it wasn't because of the enchanted binds. This time it was not threatening.

Once more she was in the dream world in which her mentor resided. "Kagome, you called?" The voice was as caring as it was a chastisement.

"'Riko, you know of my predicament. Any help would be welcome you know." Kagome's voice was laced with sarcasm. Sometimes her wanderous teacher could be so insufferable.

"'Gome have you tried to call upon your powers as a goddess? From what I've seen, you've only tried your youkai strength and your miko."

"Gomen nesai sensei. No, I have not tried my goddess powers. It would probably help if I did huh?" She was suffering complete embarassment at the thought that she did not even attempt her true abilities. Then again, she thought she was not supposed to. What of the many 'dangers' Riko had warned her against? "What about the enemies that I was supposed to hide them from?"

"'Gome, I highly doubt any of them are bothering to watch Naraku for signs of substancial power. Besides you should only require a short burst,. Not enough to gain their attencion, if that's what you're worried about?" Sometimes Midoriko's infinite wisdome amazed Kagome.

"Arigato sensei." That was it. No more words were needed. The dreamscape ended once more.

Kagome was still alone in the 'torture chamber,' but she could hear muffled voices on the outside of her door. It was Naraku and Kagura.

"Kagura, it is time. Lead them here.....all of them. The controll spell on Inuyasha is near complete, give him reason to worry just a bit more before he arrives though. Take this." 'What is it that he is giving her, and why did Inuyasha's worry for her affect this 'controll spell'?' Kagome was not liking the conversation heard through the thick walls of the fortress.

"A dagger with the wench's blood?" She tuned out the rest of the conversation. 'How the hell did he get her blood.....on a dagger.?' She took a moment to gaze at her current state.....and gasped. She was covered in her own blood. Granted it was mostly dried, and from what she could see, the wounds had long since healed. 'Baka, doesn't even have the decency to torture me when I'm consious!'

Naraku chose this time to walk in to the room where Kagome resided. She was too deep in thought to even notice his entry.

"Ah, koi, I see you have finally risen. Shall we continue where we left off?" She cringed. 'Koi?' The knowing smirk on his flawless face did little to ease her discomfort. Yes, he did have a flawless face, as sickly pale as it was. Naraku may have been a monster, but the visage he took of the young lord Kagewaki was quite handsome. No doubt he'd used those innocent looks to his gain.

"Tell me a little about yourself Kagome."

"My name is Kagome, and I live in the future." 'Oh yeah, play the soldier. Name, rank, and number!'

"I hope you are not planing on playing more games with me koi. It would not be a wise decision."

"What games?" She gave him a look of such innocence that a baby would look like the devil himself by comparison.

"Kagome, don't make me have to force answeres out of you."

"I honestly don't know what you are talking about. You asked me to tell you about myself.....I did. What more do you want?" Wait....can I take that last question back? I REALLY don't like that look of mischife in his eye. Nope deffinately can't be good.

"Koi, I could act upon my desires at a later time. There's no need to be impatient. Perhaps I should ask a less vague question." 'Not good, not good, NOT GOOD!'

"And what would that question be Naraku?" Tried as she might, it was impossible to keep the quiver out of her voice. Yep, he no doubt knew she was afraid. Hell every youkai that had the ability to smell within a ten mile radius, could probably tell.

"Where is the Shikon-no-Tama?"

'Sigh', nope not going to get out of this unscathed am I? Damn him, damn the jewel, and damn myself for getting into such a mess. 'Sigh', damnit!

`````````````````````````````````````````````

"Kagura! What are you doing here!?!" The inu-hanyou was not pleased. He was pulled out of his mussings by this wind witch and was a little irked at it.

"Naraku has requested your presence. I do believe he has something of great imporatnce to you."

"What has that bastard done to Kagome? If he's hurt her....!"

"Just shut-up."

After saying that, Kagura pulled a feather out of her hair and enlarged it. The wind sorceress jumped onto it, and dissapeared into the sky. Inuyasha let a few curses fly, but followed her nontheless.

"Inuyasha, this is more than likely a trap. What will you do?" Miroku, ever the philosopher, asked.

"Feh! I know it's a trap, but I can't let that bastard keep MY Kagome!"

Sango and Miroku followed the raging hanyou while riding on Kirara. From the air, they had a better vantage point, and could see the dust cloud signaling Kouga's close proximity. Apparently he had smelled Kagura, because his path turned ever so slightly. The two thought that it may be better not to tell Inuyasha this turn of events, because it was hard enough to follow as it was.

````````````````````````````````````````````

First off I would like to apologise for the long wait. I know this is very OOC for me, but my grandfather died, and I had a lot of family junk to attend to. Damn familial responsabilities. That is also why this chapter is so short. I would have taken a little more time to complete this, but Squeaker enlightened me to exactly how long it's been since I've updated. Again, I'm sorry. Well enough of that.

You know what to do.

PUSH THE BUTTON.......

RIGHT.....

DOWN.....

HERE....

^_^