InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Foreign Exchange ❯ The Move ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Foreign Exchange
 
Chapter 1-The Move
Disclaimer- Everything in this story belongs to me (gets surrounded by secret service men all ready to take me away) Okay, maybe everything but Inuyasha belongs to me (servicemen disappear) YAY!
 
A/N-A new story I didn't even tall anyone I was going to make, how impulsive of me! Lol. Anyway, I hope you like this one. I sorta came up with it while reading all the “I'm Lovin It”s on a Mc Donald's Bag. So, here goes!
 
“So, when exactly did you say you were leaving?” Inuyasha trudged behind Kikyo, as they walked through the halls of Sengoku no Koukou. (Warring States High)
“I already told you, Yash! I'm leaving tomorrow morning for America.” She turned to face him. “You are going to miss me, right?”
Inuyasha changed his pouting face into a cocky smile. “In your dreams!”
Kikyo gave him a smile and locked her lips with his. “I'll be back in a few months, okay.” She ran her hand through his silver mane before walking off. “And don't forget to be nice to my exchange!” She called. “I love you, Yash!” With that, Kikyo had left the school.
Sango and Miroku ran up behind Inuyasha.
“We finally catch up, and she's already gone.” Sango gave a loud sigh. “My best friend…is gone forever!” Tears sprang to her eyes as she buried her face in Miroku's chest. He gently pet her head. “That's not true, Sango. Kikyo said she'd be back every two months. And after nine months, Kikyo will be back for good,” He lifted her head and looked into her eyes. “Okay?”
Sango smiled through her tears. “Okay!”
Inuyasha turned and walked off.
“Inuyasha?” Miroku and Sango followed him.
“Just…can you guys leave me alone for a while?” He asked softly. His bangs covered his eyes.
Sango nodded. “Alright, Inuyasha.”
X0X0X0X0X0X
“Mama!” Kagome called from the top step of her house. “Are my things all packed?”
“Yes dear!” Her mother called back from the kitchen. Kagome smiled and ran down the steps.
“Thanks, Mom.” Kagome said once she reached her. She leaned up and gave her a kiss on the cheek before helping her mother make dinner.
“I'm going to miss you so much…” Her mother said through teary eyes. “You're getting to be so big.” She looked at Kagome and smiled as a tear fell down from her eye. “Going to Japan for nine months.” She shook her head. “So big…”
Kagome sighed and gave her mother a hug. “I'll call you every night. I promise.” Kagome let her go and felt her eyes swell with tears, but she gave her mother a smile. “Now, my plane's about to leave. Can you give me a ride to the airport?”
Her mother grabbed the keys and they grabbed two suitcases before walking out the door.
X0X0X0X0X
“Flight 808 for Japan, now boarding!” The flight attendant called into the microphone.
Kagome stood up from the chair she was sitting in by her mother. “Well, that me.” She grabbed her ticket. “Bye Mama!”
Her mother smiled. “Bye dear!”
Kagome handed her ticket and walked on to the plane. “Row 8…” She spotted her chair. “Oh.” She sat down and waited patiently. She looked out her window. It was dark outside. She sighed.
“It's so dark…” She turned to see a large woman squeezing herself into the chair next to her.
“Oh, yeah…” Kagome turned her attention back to the window when she heard the woman panting. “Umm…are you okay?”
“Oh, yes. It's just my first time flying in a plane.”
Kagome nodded. “Well, there's nothing to be worried about.”
The woman looked at her strangely. “Why are you here alone? You must only be about fifteen years old. Going to Japan all by yourself?”
Kagome smiled. “I'm a foreign exchange student.”
The woman nodded. “Of course!”
Kagome turned back to the window as the plane began to take off.
“Oh Lord!” The woman beside her said.
Kagome rolled her eyes and watched as the plane flew into the star-lit sky.
X0X0X0X0X
Kikyo landed at the airport where Kagome's mother was waiting.
“You must be Kikyo.” She smiled at Kikyo as she approached Ms. Higurashi.
“Yes, and you are Ms. Higurashi I presume?”
Ms. Higurashi nodded. “My, you look just like Kagome.”
Kikyo looked stumped. “Kagome? Is she your daughter?”
“Yes.”
Kikyo smiled.
“Well, let's go then, shall we?” Ms. Higurashi grabbed one of Kikyo's bags and walked out of the airport with her.
X0X0X0X0X
Kagome woke up on the plane just before it landed. “Oh, what time is it?”
She looked down at her watch. “Eight?” She sat up groggily and watched the plane hit the ground.
“We're finally here” She heard the woman next to her let out a loud sigh of relief.
`Thank goodness' Kagome thought to herself as the passengers began to leave the plane.
X0X0X0X0X
Kagome walked through the airport and spotted two adults holding up a sign that read “Kagome” on it. `Well, I doubt they're here for me…' She thought as she made her way over to them.
“Hello, Kagome! I am Kai and this my wife Izumi.” The man spoke.
“We are so pleased to have you with us, Kagome” Izumi said.
Kagome gave them a smile. “Thanks for having me…”
Izumi looked from Kagome to Kai. “You know, she looks an awful lot like Kikyo, Kai.” Kai looked at her strangely. “You're right.”
“Kikyo?” Kagome asked.
“Our daughter.” Kai and Izumi said in unison.
“Oh, right.” Kai grabbed Kagome's luggage and lead the two girls out of the airport.
X0X0X0X0X
Kagome sat in the backseat of their Toyota Solara as Kai and Izumi chatted amongst themselves. Kagome looked out the window. `Japan looks so different compared to America.' She looked out the front window as they pulled up in the driveway.
“Well, Kagome. Welcome home!” Izumi said happily as Kai grabbed her luggage from the trunk. Kagome walked up to the porch and took her shoes off before going inside the house. “Kikyo's room is upstairs to the right. We have only one animal, a cat. And Kikyo's younger sister Kaede is not that much of a hassle.
Kagome began to walk up the steps to her new room for the next nine months. “So, Kikyo seems to be pretty…talented.” She said noticing all the Archery awards on her nightstand. She looked up on her dresser and saw a picture of a tall pale girl with dark brown hair and gray eyes standing next to another tall, slightly darker girl with long brown hair and brown eyes. “So, which one's Kikyo?” She asked before another picture caught her eye. Holding it in her hands, she saw a white haired boy and a girl with long brown hair and gray eyes. The boy's arms were wrapped around her waist. “This must be her boyfriend.” Kagome gasped when she noticed something odd. “He has…do ears?” She set the picture back down. “Weird…”
Taking another glance at the picture, Kagome said to herself, “She doesn't really look that much like me…” Kai opened her door.
“I don't mean to interrupt, Kagome but with the time zones and such, I wanted to remind you that you are going to school tomorrow.”
“Thanks Mr. Kai. I looked it all over before I left.”
“Okay then.” He closed the door as he left.
Kagome set her hands on her hips and looked at her luggage. “Well, better get unpacked!”