InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Foreign Exchange ❯ Newbie ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Foreign Exchange
 
Chapter 2-Newbie
Disclaimer- I've said it once before, do I really have to say it again? Okay, I do NOT want tomatoes on my cheeseburger! Got it?
 
A/N-I was not expecting so many reviews! Thanks a lot you guys. We hoo! New chapter is up! Enjoy
 
It was about six in the morning and Kagome had woken up early for school. She dug through all her clothes. “Darn it! I want to make a good impression but…” She held up a small pink top. “I have no clothes to make a good impression with.
Izumi stood outside her door and knocked before turning the knob. “Kagome…ah, what are you doing?” She asked looking at the room littered in clothing.
Kagome turned her attention away from the suitcases. “Oh, I'm just finding something to wear for school today.” She continued to rummage through the cases.
“Well, here.” Izumi held out a green sailor uniform. “Your school requires uniforms.”
Kagome nodded and took the uniform from Izumi. “Oh, thanks.”
Izumi smiled and walked out the door. Kagome, feeling stupid, changed into the uniform and walked out her room, and down the stairs.
“Well, I'm off. Thanks Mrs. Izumi!” With that, Kagome headed out the door and began her walk to school. It was gray and foggy outside. Dawn was passing into day as Kagome walked. She passed by a nearby elementary school and saw the two-foot tall children scurrying into the school before the bell rang. “So cute…” She smiled to herself as her school came into view. It was a large, white, three-story building. As she approached it, she saw several boys playing basketball on the court outside and spotted a group of girls flipping their hair and adding the finishing touches to their make-up. Kagome adjusted the straps of her backpack on her shoulders and made her way into the building.
X0X0X0X0X
Sango and Miroku stood outside talking to each other.
“So, what do you think Kikyo's exchange will be like?” Sango asked Miroku as Inuyasha walked up to join them. Miroku shrugged and patted the solemn looking Inuyasha's back.
“Cheer up, Yash…she'll be back soon.” Sango said in a cheerful tone.
“And in the mean time, we get to become friends with, what I presume to be, an equal if not more beautiful woman.” Miroku said getting an evil glare from both Sango and Inuyasha. “Maybe a slightly less…beautiful of a woman.”
“Well…” Sango raised her hand and grabbed Miroku's ear. “We'll just have to see now, won't we?” She asked giving it a tug.
“Y…yes…Sango…” Miroku said as Sango pulled him away.
Inuyasha sighed and shook his head but followed after them. Sango let Miroku's ear go once the three of them were inside. Inuyasha felt some thing tap his shoulder. “What the…” He turned and saw a girl with long, raven black hair and gray eyes looking up at him.
“KIKYO!” He wrapped his arms around the girl. “I knew you would come back, I knew it!”
The girl shook her head. “No…my name's Kagome…”
Inuyasha let her go. “You wha…” He turned away from her blushing. “S…sorry, I thought you were some one else.”
“Oh, it's alright.” Kagome spoke, “You answered my question.”
He turned back to face her. “Yeah?”
“Well, I'm from America and I was wondering who Kikyo, the girl I switched with, hangs out with around here. I was told I should just stick with her friends instead of trying to make new ones.”
“Oh, well…yeah…” Inuyasha pulled her up to Sango and Miroku. “This is Sango, Kikyo's best friend who can be a royal bitch at times.” Sango's cheerful smile faded into an annoyed look. “Oh, I am now?” Inuyasha winced as Sango punched him in the arm. Miroku stepped forward and grabbed Kagome's hands in his. “It seems my prediction was true. You are more beautiful…” Kagome blushed. “I am Miroku.” He gave her a seductive smile before being pushed away from Kagome by Inuyasha.
“Look, Kikyo said I should be protecting her replacement from you, ya lecher!”
Kagome gave them a nervous smile. “So, you guys seem to get along well.”
“Oh, this is how they are all the time…” Sango said.
“Shut up, Sango! You're just as bad as we are!” Inuyasha said angrily.
Sango gave Inuyasha another punch on the arm and smiled. “And this is why I'm Kikyo's right-hand woman!”
“So, Kagome…” Sango grabbed the piece of paper out of Kagome's hands. “You won't be needing that.”
Kagome looked confused. “Why?”
“Kikyo, Inuyasha, Miroku, and I all have the same classes. We'll help keep ya together!” Sango gave Kagome a smile before the bell rang. “To first hour we go!” Sango said pulling Kagome by the arm and following behind the two bickering boys.
XOXOXOXOX
Ms. Hakashin walked into the classroom just as the tardy bell rang. Kagome and Sango were on completely opposite sides of the room. Inuyasha sat next to Kagome and Miroku sat in front of Sango.
Kagome leaned over to Inuyasha. “So, is this teacher nice or evil?” She whispered.
“She's not nice but she's the nicest one we have.” He replied in the same small tone as Kagome
Kagome looked up and gulped as she noticed the scowl on the teacher's face.
“Higurashi…come up here would you?” Ms. Hakashin requested.
Kagome stood up and made her way to the front of the room.
“Everyone, this is Higurashi Kagome from America. She will be here in place of Wadaru Kikyo.” Ms. Hakashin looked her over. “Welcome, Higurashi!”
Kagome smiled and nodded. “Thanks!” Kagome walked back to her desk and sat down.
X0X0X0X0X
All that day, students were walking up to Kagome, asking her what America was like. `What am I supposed to say? It's like…home?'
The day had almost come to an end. Kagome was happy to know that Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku all lived on her street. That meant they could all walk home together. Kagome had to stop by the office after school and told them to leave with out her. She said she'd catch up. However, just before she left the building to meet with her new friends, Kagome was stopped at the doors by three girls.
“Well, well, well…look what we have here girls…new meat!” The tallest of the three smiled.
Kagome looked up at them nervously. “Uhh…hi?”
The shorter, stubby one raised her hand, placing it on Kagome's shoulder. Noticing her flinch she smirked. “Look, we're not going to beat you up…”
The tall one spoke again. “We just want to keep you in check.”
“In check?” Kagome asked. “I don't follow you.”
Now the skinny and short one walked up to Kagome. “You don't have to. Just don't do anything that would effect our dear Kikyo.”
“Huh?” Kagome looked puzzled as the three girls ran off.
“Weird…” Kagome stepped outside and was greeted by Sango.
“What took ya?” She asked starting to walk.
“Oh, nothing…just these weird girls.”
“You mean Aiko, Akiko, and Akina?” Sango asked.
“I guess.” Kagome shrugged.
“They're just Kikyo's close friends.”
“But I thought you guys were…”
Sango interrupted Kagome. “We're her friends she hangs out with when there's no one else around.”
“You mean…you guys aren't the closest?”
Sang shook her head. “Nope!” Shocked at what she'd just said, Sango froze. “But you can't ever tell Inuyasha!”
“Why?”
“He's in love with her, if he knew she'd rather hang out with those sluts than us, he'd be heartbroken.”
“But you guys said that you were her best friends.”
Sango sighed and started walking again. “Miroku and I are the only two that know. Well, and you now.”
Kagome nodded. “Okay…I won't tell him.”
Sango smiled at Kagome. “Thanks. Neither Miroku nor I want to see his heartbroken face again.”
“Again?”
Sango waved her hand dismissively. “Never mind.”