InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Foreign Exchange ❯ The Better Man ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Foreign Exchange
 
Chapter 3-The Better Man
Disclaimer- Oy ve…I am exhausted of saying this…I only own this story…nothing else….nothing else at all… T.T NOTHING ELSE AT ALL!!!!
 
A/N-Wow…guess what? I finished Inuyasha. It's so sad now…I have nothing to do. Okay, well there IS still the 4th movie to watch…YAY. Well, thank you for the reviews, here's the next chapter.
 
“So, where are Miroku and Inuyasha anyway?” Kagome asked Sango as they passed a baseball field.
She sighed and pointed to the field. “There…”
Kagome turned and spotted a boy with long white hair yelling at Miroku and another boy with long black hair. `Oh yeah…it's them alright'
“They play baseball?”
Sango smiled at Kagome. “Not as a sport…” She watched as Inuyasha's face became even angrier while he yelled at the boy with long black hair. “Just for fun…” She gave an annoyed look.
`Seems like a lot of fun' Kagome thought sarcastically. “So, do you play with them?”
Sango nodded. “Sometimes…”
Kagome smiled and grabbed Sango's arm, pulling her off towards the field. “Well, lets join them then!”
“K…Kagome…I wouldn't…” Sango objected and tried to free herself but couldn't.
Inuyasha readied himself on the pitcher's mound and was about to throw the ball to Koga when Miroku nudged him.
“HEY! What was that for?!” He yelled aggravated as he too noticed Sango and Kagome making their way up to him.
“Hello, Lady Kagome…and Sango.” Miroku grinned at the two women placing an arm behind each of their backs.
Sango's face grew red as she removed his hand from her back calmly as she could.
Kagome smiled at them and removed the arm from her back as well.
“What the hell are you two doing here?” Inuyasha asked stepping off the pitcher's mound and walking over to them.
“Well, Kagome wanted to play with you.” Sango said.
“I used to play baseball all the time in America.” Kagome smiled.
Inuyasha chuckled a bit. “Look, Miroku and I don't have time to make sure you don't get hit by balls…and we ain't gonna go easy on ya.”
Kagome's eyes dropped into a competitive glare. “Oh, really?” She walked to home plate and picked the bat up. “I think I can manage!” She shouted to Inuyasha.
“She's really going to play?” Inuyasha asked Miroku.
“Looks to be that way.” Miroku nodded and walked over to stand behind Kagome followed by Sango.
“Well who's gonna be on my team?!” Inuyasha asked angrily.
The black haired boy looked over at him. “I will…but not willingly… So long as the girl gets to play.” He shot Kagome a smile.
“Yeah right! You and I will be on the same team the day I die, Koga!”
Koga smiled and turned back to Inuyasha. “That can be arranged you know!”
“Is that a threat?!”
“Of course it is, stupid!”
“Don't call me stupid, you're the idiot!”
“Well at least I'm not a mutt!”
“Oh and being a wolf is better?!”
“Damn right it is!”
Sango, Miroku and Kagome listened as they continued bickering.
“And they are going to play on the same team?” Kagome asked.
“At least I can get a date!”
“Inuyasha…” Kagome called.
“Oh yeah? That's only cuz Kikyo's your girlfriend!”
“Well, at least some one is my girlfriend!”
“Koga!” Miroku tried.
“What's that supposed to mean?!”
“It means….”
“INUYASHA, KOGA! Shut up!” Sango yelled getting the two's attention. “Are we going to play or what?!” She asked.
Inuyasha and Koga both “hmphed” and walked into their positions.
Kagome tapped the bat on home plate three times. “Okay!” She looked up and saw Inuyasha and Koga exchanging evil glares. “OKAY! I'M READY!” She shrieked.
“Geez, wench! You didn't have to be so loud, I heard you the first time!” Inuyasha growled.
“Don't call her wench!” Koga shouted to Inuyasha
Kagome slapped her forehead and grabbed Sango's arm, pulling her away again. “Never mind. Like I can't play with so much tension between them.” Miroku sighed and followed them. Koga and Inuyasha continued arguing as the three walked off.
XOXOXOXOX
A week later, the same episode occurred and like every weekday afternoon Sango, Miroku and Kagome all went to some one's house to hang out. Inuyasha usually joined them but didn't when Koga was around. Since Kagome had only been to Miroku and her own house, today they ventured to Sango's and tomorrow would be Inuyasha's house.
“Wow…” Kagome remarked at the large house in front of her. “Nice digs…” She said. Sango smiled and grabbed her wrist.
“You haven't seen half of it.” Miroku smiled slyly.
“Kohaku! Dad!” Sango called out once they got inside. She shrugged after receiving no answer. “Guess they aren't here yet.”
Kagome looked around the large entrance. A small cat running up to Sango caught her attention.
“Hey, Kirara!” Sango said petting the feline. Miroku gave Kirara a pat on the head as well. “Kagome, this is Kirara.” Sango said turning to Kagome.
“Hey…” Kagome said softly as she stroked Kirara's back.
Sango grabbed a soda from the fridge and sat down on the couch. “So, Kagome…which state are you from.”
“State?” Kagome asked confused.
“Ya know, the United States Of America?” Miroku said sitting by Sango.
“Oh!” Kagome mentally slapped herself and sat down beside them. “Texas.”
Sango gasped. “Texas? Really?” Miroku and Sango both leaned in toward Kagome.
“Y…yeah…”
“We've been there. Which part did you live in?” Miroku asked.
“Oh…uhh…Houston!” Kagome smiled.
“Coolness!” Sango leaned back.
Kagome just nodded but jumped when she heard the door open.
“Oh, hey Inuyasha.” Sango said calmly as he stormed over to the fridge to grab a soda.
“I hate that pathetic wolf!” Inuyasha growled.
“Who?” Kagome asked as Inuyasha sat next to her.
“Koga.” Miroku and Sango replied at once.
“Oh…” Kagome looked puzzled.
“I start to play baseball with him. And then he starts talking about how this new chick at our school's hotter than Kikyo. And that makes me a little angry, right, but I'm still cool. Well, after that, he's got the nerve to go and say now this `hotter version of Kikyo' is his new woman. Allow me to mention that he has a perfectly good one right now!” Inuyasha's face grew angrier.
“Calm down Inuyasha, Koga's only messing with you…you know that.” Miroku said.
Inuyasha scoffed. “Yeah…but still…not even Kagome deserves to be treated like property.
“Hey!” Kagome shouted.
Inuyasha turned and smiled at her. “I'm just playing.” He ruffled her hair. “You know that!”
Kagome scoffed. “Yeah…I know.” She sighed. “Well, guys…thanks for letting me hang out today…and yesterday…and all last week!” She smiled. “I made friends here quicker than I did back home!”
The three of them all gave her a smile. “Well, you are pretty cool, Kagome.” Sango said.
“Once you get passed all her quirks!” Inuyasha added laughing.
Kagome laughed sarcastically and walked out the door.