InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Foreign Exchange ❯ Jealousy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Foreign Exchange
 
Chapter 4-Jealousy
Disclaimer- I own… a story about a girl who goes back in time and meets a half-demon…then they shatter a jewel and have to find all the fragments with the help of their new friends. This show is called…Yasha Inu (They'll never know)
 
A/N-Well, that other story I just started out of the blue, ne? So…new chappie…interesting chappie…very…interesting. Thanks so much for the reviews, I read `em all and love them keep it up, please!
 
It had already been two months and Kagome was feeling more at home here that she did in America. Sango and she would go to the mall together, Inuyasha, Miroku, and she would get together for baseball. She was having such a great time in this new world of her's.
She sighed as she walked down the hallways of the school. She was quickly found by Inuyasha, who gave her a tap on the back to scare her.
Kagome knew it was him the whole time and smiled, turning around. “Hey.” She smiled.
Inuyasha sighed. “You were supposed to scream…”
She giggled. “I know…”
Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
“Hey…where are Sango and Miroku?” Kagome asked looking around.
“School's almost out for the day, so they left early to go set up.”
“Set up?”
“For Kikyo…it's been two months, right?”
Kagome sighed. `That's right, I am only Kiyo's replacement.' “Yeah…how could I forget?”
Inuyasha smiled. “Well, I can't wait. I've missed her so much…”
Kagome found a sudden interest in the ground and stared at it as they walked. `Why do I feel this way? Am I…jealous of her?'
“You okay?” Inuyasha asked noticing her sudden lack of `Kagome-ness'
“Fine.” She said giving him a fake smile.
XOXOXOXOXOX
Kagome and Inuyasha continued their silent walk.
`Maybe she's only like this around me…' He thought. `Does she not like me or something? Well, she is always hanging around Sango, so it would be logical…'
“Alright, fess up! Why do you hate me?”
Kagome gave Inuyasha a cold stare partly because she was angry…and sad…and every emotion she could be.
Inuyasha shivered. “What?”
“I don't hate you okay.”
“Well then how come you're so quiet around me right now?”
“Just…because…”
“Because why?” He asked confused by her answer.
She smiled. “I don't hate you…” She shrugged. “I like you a lot, Inuyasha…I guess I was just thinking about something else…”
“You had me lost at `I like you.' What exactly did you mean by that?!” Inuyasha sounded disgusted by her comment.
She rolled her eyes. “You werethe one who got worried because I hate you.” She said walking ahead of him. “I've got to go…have fun at Kikyo's party thing.” She waved then walked off.
Inuyasha smiled watching her run off.
“Boo!”
He jumped then turned around to see…
“KIKYO!” He wrapped his arms tightly around her. “Oh I missed you so much you've got no idea!”
She smiled and hugged him back. “I…I missed you too, Inuyasha.”
He nuzzled his face into her hair and took in her scent.
“Still the same Kikyo.”
She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. She brought her face up to his and planted a kiss on his lips. “Still the same Inuyasha.” She grabbed his hand in her's and began to walk off.
XOXOXOXOX
Kagome lay on her stomach on her bed. Her `parents' were out at Sango's house celebrating Kikyo's return.
“I was stupid to think that way…so stupid…”
“Stupid to think what way?”
She heard a familiar voice but couldn't quite name who it was and felt some one sit next to her on the bed.
“Why aren't you with Kikyo?” She asked, not even bothering to look up at who it was.
“Because Kikyo isn't my daughter…”
Kagome gasped and sat up. “MOM!” She hugged her mother. “Why'd you come?”
“I missed you and Kikyo didn't want to make a round trip all alone.”
Kagome was nearly in tears. Her mother chuckled slightly.
“What's wrong, Kagome?”
“Everything is awful…” Kagome started. “Just when I thought everyone liked me…Kikyo had to come back and remind them who their real best friend is.”
Her mother's smiling face dropped. “Anything else…?”
Kagome shook her head. “It's just…Inuyasha…”
“Inuyasha?”
Kagome nodded. “He's Kikyo's boyfriend. Sango told me that she and Miroku already like me a lot more than Kikyo…but Inuyasha's the one who still misses her…”
Kagome's mom smiled. “Oh, so that would explain who these two following me around were.”
Sango and Miroku stepped in the room. Sango gasped when she saw Kagome. “Kagome what's wrong?”
Kagome shook her head. “It's nothing…I don't know what wrong…probably just some stupid jealous fit…”
Kagome's mom smiled. `Over that Inuyasha fellow…' She stood up from the bed. “well, sweetie…I'm going to go talk to Kikyo's mother and father. You can come down once you get cleaned up.”
Kagome smiled. “Thanks mom.”
Kagome's mom left the room with Miroku, leaving Sango and Kagome alone.
“Are you okay, now?” Sango asked.
Kagome sniffled. “Yeah…”
“What was that all about anyway?”
Kagome giggled slightly. “You really want to know?”
“Best friend policy…I spotted you crying, now you have to tell me why.”
Kagome laughed. “Well…it's just something Inuyasha said earlier…”
Sango gasped. “I KNEW IT! I knew it, I knew it! You like him!”
Kagome's face turned a bright crimson. “I DO NOT! It's just something…h…he said…”
Sango rolled her eyes. “Right…well come downstairs. Maybe it's a celebration for Kikyo, but it was moved to your house so you kind of have to participate.”
Kagome nodded. “Alright…”
 
Oh an a little FYI, yeah…when you don't know you like some one…but really do…this is how jealousy feels (I've been down that road…it's awful all you do is cry but you have no clue why.) Because you're confused, sad, and trying to convince yourself you're not in love…it sucks! XX Sorry for the short chapter…next one will be longer, promise!