InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Beginning to End ❯ The Houshi Factor ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

From Beginning to End

I know, I'm taking so long with this. I'm so sorry. It's been so hectic, you know? School's been taking a lot out of me, and I've started a few new books and such. Here's a hint: Don't read Jurassic Park at night, home alone, and during a rainstorm. Why? Because the dinosaurs eat people in the book at night, during a rainstorm. Go figure.

But I'm putting something out, finally, but it's going to be short, so very short. I'm sorry, but at least it's something. I wanted to write something before I completely lost the will to write. BUT this story will go on, I will finish it. I swear, I haven't left a story yet.

So thank you for the reviews, and for sticking with me. The next break won't be so long.

AND after 19 weeks of boot camp for my big brother, now 20 years old, he's finally home! I've missed him so much! He's now a chemical specialist, and sadly, could be sent to Iraq at any time. But at least I can spend time with him.

I'll stop talking now, please enjoy the chapter!

.

.

.

.

.

.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha

.

.

.

From Beginning to End

.

.

.

- Last Chapter -

Of course, then Inu Yasha saved the day.

"Come on, bitch. Try it anyway. If you die, you'll just end up saving us all the trouble! Face it, the world's better off without your ugly face," he told her.

In the end, Kagome stalked across the water just to smack the half demon.

- End of Last Chapter -

.

.

.

Chapter Eleven: The Houshi Factor

.

.

.

"MIROKU YAMA!" Sango screeched in a high-pitched voice, her face a deepening red as she became even more pissed off. "If you don't stop acting like an ass and get it back here right now, I'm coming out there myself and I'll-!"

"Sango!" Kagome interrupted her, scandalized, "I don't think I want to hear this!" The young miko suddenly giggled, watching Miroku as he walked, for the fifteenth time across the Lake of Fear in the labyrinth. Although…'walk' wasn't the right term. "Miroku-sama sure can do the moon walk!"

Inu Yasha was laughing, or snickering, along with Kagome. He didn't know what a `moon walk' was, but the monk sure looked stupid out there.

Sango was steaming.

"Miroku…" she warned again, her voice viciously low.

Her boyfriend just looked back at her teasingly before starting to do the tango with an imaginary partner, sending Kagome into another fit of laughter. "Duh duh duh-da! Da-duh duh da…bum da-duh dana nana da…" Miroku hummed out loud, doing ridiculous dancing steps.

Of course, after the tango…

…He did some salsa.

Sango, her fists clenched, was silently willing death on her cute boyfriend, and Kagome too. Seeing as the taijiya's best friend had gone out on the lake to dance with the monk. Both of the dancers glided over the liquid surface, not a hint of fear clouding their eyes.

No chance of them drowning…damn.

"Miroku!" Sango yelled for the third time, "Will you stop making a fool of yourself and get your ass back here this instant so I can kill you?!"

Inu Yasha appeared at her elbow. "That monk stop making an ass of himself? Sango, I thought you were smarter than that…"

Her glowing magenta glare almost sent the half demon cowering behind a cave formation. Then the full force of Sango's death glare was set, again, on Miroku…

He was used to it.

The monk, Kagome's hand in his own, dipped his dancing partner and swung her gracefully around. Now they were waltzing…where did it end? Of course, after the waltz, came the moon walking again. Kagome didn't know how to, so Miroku, as the perfect gentleman he was, taught her.

Finally, Sango stopped screaming from the sidelines and stomped over to give a hard blow to Miroku's head, and then a good scolding to Kagome. Poor Kirara had to carry Miroku when the group set off again.

"La, dee da, dum dum…" Kagome sang under her breath, in her mind still mentally waltzing. She wondered if Miroku could do the Macarena.

"Will you stop that!" Inu Yasha growled at her, irritated beyond belief. They'd left the lake behind them hours ago, and the girl still couldn't stop humming.

"I will when I want to," She sniffed, highly offended.

"You'll stop when I want you to," the half demon shot back.

Kagome opened her mouth to bite back a retort, she loved arguing…not that was strange or anything. But after a split second of thinking, she snapped it back again, no need to get angry. "Fine, if you really want me to."

"Good."

Although…it would have been nice if she'd snapped back at him. He liked arguing too. Kept your mind sharp, and your tongue exercised, and it passed the time. Inu Yasha liked it because he used to argue with his brother and father when he was growing up. Their mother thought all three, including her husband, were a bit insane…

Inu Yasha never got why.

Of course, then there were the hunting trips. Arguing was fun, but hunting was better. That's how Inu Yasha ended up in Ireland from his native Japan. The dog demon family had a castle out in Ireland that they'd visit during hunting trips.

When Inu Yasha was a few centuries old, around early twenties human age, he'd come back to Ireland. His father was dead, his brother was…well, to put it plainly, an asshole. So Ireland seemed like a nice break from Japan's stupid mean villagers.

Of course, the half demon hadn't betted on there being stupid mean villagers in Ireland too.

And Naraku. Naraku was another thing he hadn't bet on.

Luck…and Fate, and Destiny and every other force out there clearly hated Inu Yasha. His life was always getting so screwed up.

`I wonder if my family's castle is still out there…' Inu Yasha thought. Hey, when he finally got out of this hell hole…who knows when, Naraku had to die at some point…he'd go and live in his castle. And make the lives of the villager's descents bloody horrible. `Bloody' being the key word.

Sadist.

Morbid sadist.

"I'm tired," Kagome suddenly yawned. "We've been walking for hours, with no breaks, can we stop?"

Sango sighed, shooting a glare at her monk. "We'd have gotten a lot further if Houshi-sama hadn't spent FIVE hours this morning dancing back and forth across the lake."

Miroku sweatdropped and held up his hands to ward off her violence, "I'm sorry, my heart, but I couldn't resist! You know how much I love dancing. Which reminds me, when we get out of here, I'm taking you dancing. To a Latin restaurant!"

Sango sniffed, still upset, but she stopped yelling at him. "Whatever. You have to cook tonight's dinner, though," she added quickly, glaring at him again.

"Of course! Of course! You're absolutely right, as always, my heart! It's only reasonable."

"Stop sucking up," Sango snorted and stopped walking so that she could lean against the wall, just next to one of the torches mounted into the stone.

"I'm not complaining," Kagome said, heaving her bulging yellow backpack into Houshi-sama's arms so that he could get the food out. "Miroku-sama's not that bad of a cook."

"I do believe," the monk said gravely, "that cooking is a specialty of mine. I actually once had a man come to beg me to leave the temple to be a cook for him at his new, five star restaurant!"

Kagome and Sango snorted.

"No really! He did!"

Kagome and Sango glanced at each other before snorting again. Miroku finally gave up, sighing at their lack of enthusiasm. It actually really was true, but no one ever believed him when he told that story.

Just like they never believed him when he told them about that time in the Middle East when he'd saved a belly dancer from her evil genie master. That was one hell of a weird experience. But true, too!

Or the time when he trained those lions in that circus in France…

Sango nudged Miroku when he started to daydream. "Come on, love," she said, "start cooking, I'm hungry now. And I know Kagome is, too," she said, looking at the blue eyed miko with a knowing glance when a stomach growled.

The miko blushed. "Hey, we skipped lunch!" She defended herself.

"Kagome…You eat like a guy," Sango's lips twitched with a smile. "I don't think I've ever known a girl to stuff her face so fast."

"It's not a guy thing, it's a hungry thing," Kagome said. "And it's just that I have a healthy appetite, and I'm not a messy eater. I never spill anything on my clothes…like a certain someone." She shot back, staring at Sango smugly.

The demon huntress sniffed and the two women glared at each other. The men edged away, expecting a `cat' fight with all the…insults flying between the girls. But after a few more glowers, the two women burst into laughter and started getting to work and setting up camp.

"And women are always complaining that we exaggerate when we say that they're impossible to understand," Miroku said, staring at his friends as they laughed and gossiped while setting up sleeping bags.

"They also yell at you if you make fun of them for breaking a nail," Inu Yasha muttered. He and Miroku snickered.

Kagome turned back on them. "Watch it!" She snapped. "Breaking a nail really does hurt, I don't see why men are such jerks and have to insult us for it!"

"I'm sure, my Lady Kagome, that it does hurt," Miroku told her, but his eyes still weren't serious.

Kagome growled low in her throat, "Oh? Why don't we break your nail and see?"

Miroku flashed her a smile, not seeming at all nervous, but he did end up backing off. Inu Yasha watched them all for a moment before flopping down to lay on his side, his head propped up on a fist as he stared at Sango's fire through half lidded eyes.

It took him a minute to register that he was actually looking at flames…

"Oi! Woman," he waited for Sango to turn to him, "Where the hell did you get firewood in a stone labyrinth in the middle of nowhere?"

Sango, angry at being called `woman' took a second to hear his question. "Oh…I just grabbed a few torches off the wall and used that."

"Oh."

Sango stared at him, bemused, before turning back to helping set up. What did he expect? Some futuristic fire that you could carry around with you or something like that?

Being in a group of people used to different times and different devices was hard. Inu Yasha didn't know must of the things they carried around with them, but he was smart enough to at least figure a few out. Kagome and Sango had to remember to keep things simple, unless they wanted to re-explain something.

After a `delicious' meal that Miroku cooked up, he stood by the fire and extended his hand out to Sango. "My dear, my heart, dance with me!" He commanded in a dramatic voice.

Sango twitched but accepted and was yanked up. Kagome watched happily as the couple twirled around the tiny hallway of the labyrinth. Soon Sango loosened up, and was laughing while she was dipped by her boyfriend.

Kagome sighed romantically and giggled when Miroku smoothly turned the waltz into the tango, marching his girlfriend back and forth, both doing funny little steps to try and outdo each other.

With Miroku in his monk's robes and Sango in her assassin uniform, it was almost comical. But the love in each others eyes shone brightly and the dancing, although funny, was real. And they were enjoying a nice romantic moment, both Inu Yasha and Kagome forgotten. Shippou and Kirara as well.

Just like those cheesy romance novels with Fabio one the cover with an unbelievably good looking woman lounging in his arms.

Soon, the tango was left behind as well. Miroku and Sango just danced now. He twirled her around, occasionally dipping her, and Sango laughed and spun.

`He's not so bad,' Sango sighed to herself. Miroku was always there to get her to lighten up. He knew just the way. Even if she hated to admit it, he knew her better than she did herself.

He knew all her favorites, and how to help her. How to take care of her. And Sango wasn't one to let others take care of her. But Miroku could. He always found a way to do it, even without her consent.

He was, sadly, one hell of a man.

And Sango had him.

Of course all good things must come to an end…

"Oi, will you sit down? You're making me dizzy!" Inu Yasha complained. Kagome smacked him on the arm.

"Hey! You ruined it!" She hissed.

He gave her a disgruntled glare. "Feh."

"'Feh' my arse," the miko grumbled, "That's no excuse. You don't have a romantic bone in your arrogant body!" She accused.

The half demon chose not to answer.

Sango sighed, her moment, ruined. And then even more so when Miroku classically groped her butt.

He could be so predictable sometimes.

.

.

.

A/N: Yes, very short. Only half as long as normal, but I hope you still enjoyed it. Thanks for waiting! Review please!