InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Nightmares ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is a story I wrote a long time ago.  It wasn’t that good to begin with but some people seemed to like it and I hope to make it better as I go along.

 

 

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. although I do own this fic but I'll gladly trade it to you for a quarter.

Chapter 1

It was a bright summer day as Kagome had just gotten home from school and was now packing to go back to see Inuyasha and all her other friends. She had just finished packing and now it was off to the well. She made sure to pack a lot of food for Inuyasha and a lot of candy for Shippo. She swore they must have some kind of kazaana type thing in their stomachs where all the food they ate went.

Kagome was happy as she jumped in the well.  She was excited to be going to back to the feudal era again and seeing her friends. After those tests that she just had, a few monsters would be nothing.

XOXO

On the other side of the well, in his time, Inuyasha was sitting in a tree that was near the well and waiting for Kagome to get back. He took another bite of the apple he had picked on the way.  He was getting impatient and started grumbling as he tossed the apple core away.

XOXO

'Finally I'm back' Kagome thought as she sighed when she reached the other side of the well. Then, out of nowhere, something hit her on the head. She looked down to see what it was. 'Grrrr. that bastard!' There was no doubt in her mind who had thrown that.  Only one person could be so inconsiderate.

Kagome jumped out of the well and threw a rock at the unsuspecting Inuyasha causing him to fall out of his tree.

"What the hell did you do that for!" The irate hanyou barked.

"You jerk you hit me with your apple core!" Kagome screamed as she pointed to the well where it had hit her.

“It’s not like I did it on purpose.” He defended and started walking back to Kaede’s Village.

"Hey wait for me!" Kagome shouted as she trudged along with her trademark heavy backpack.

Inuyasha snickered as he heard her trying to catch up to him. With her heavy backpack she had trouble running and keeping up.  She finally caught up to him and he decided to be nice and grab her backpack from her.  Kagome stretched after having the heavy burden lifted from her shoulders and the two walked silently toward their destination.

When they got to the village Kagome was greeted by a Shippo flying at her. She hugged him, not that he had given her much choice, and greeted all of her other friends.  They always looked forward to Kagome coming back from the future since she always brought back new foods for them to eat and other things from her time. She took out some candy and handed it to Shippo as he took it happily. While she was giving Shippo his gift Inuyasha started snooping through her bag.

"Inuyasha!" she screamed when she saw what he was doing.

"What?" he looked up innocently at her.

"What are you doing?" Kagome demanded.

"Looking for some of Kagome's private things?" Miroku asked with a hint of delight, which in turn earned him a whack to the back of his head from Sango.

"No!" Inuyasha said as Miroku was rubbing the back of his head and pouting. "I was just looking for the chips. I know they’re in here somewhere."

Kagome sighed as she got the food out of her bag and handed it to Inuyasha. "Happy now?" Inuyasha didn't say anything though as he was already too busy eating. "Pig" Kagome muttered to herself.

…60 minutes later….

'All of it. They ate it all..how?' Were Kagome's thoughts after all the food that she brought back that she thought would last for at least a week or so was gone. She looked over at Shippo, Miroku and Inuyasha and stared. She and Sango just were in disbelief as the guys let out a sigh and looked happy and content.

After a while the girls finally got over their shock and started to clean up.  The males, meanwhile, were too busy falling asleep after that huge and satisfying meal.  Even Inuyasha who didn’t sleep often decided it seemed like a good idea to doze off.  Sango and Kagome just shook their head at the sight of the two men and the kit sprawled around the hut.  They decided to stay up for a bit and chat.  The talk was just of recent activities, none of which were out of the ordinary.  Sometime later they both agreed it was time to sleep and quickly let sleep overtake them.

XOXO

During the middle of the night Inuyasha's ears started twitching as he heard Kagome mumbling. He opened his eyes to see her tossing and turning in her sleeping bag. She had a look of terror on her face and looked as though she wanted to cry. "No. Inuyasha." she whispered in her sleep as a tear rolled down her face. He was startled by this.  She was defiantly asleep still he concluded, so it must be a pretty bad dream she’s having.

He stared at her wondering what her dream was about. He wanted to make it stop, he didn't like that there was something wrong with her and there was nothing he could do about it.

He moved over near her and kneeled down beside her face. His hand found its way to her face as it caressed it gently trying to soothe her. Soon after she settled down and was in a deep sleep again. The nightmare ended.

'What am I doing?' Inuyasha thought as he slowly pulled his hand away and snapped out of the trance he had been in. He didn't move though, he just sat there next to her starring at her, lost in thought the rest of the night.

Unknown to Inuyasha, was that Miroku had woken up a few minutes earlier and had seen the whole thing. He smiled knowingly at the events as they took place.  Soon after Kagome's nightmare ended he went back to his dreams of a certain demon slayer.

The remainder of the night seemed to pass quickly.  Inuyasha noticed that the sun was coming up and Inuyasha jumped away from his spot at Kagome’s side and back over to his corner before anyone could wake up notice. Or so he thought.

Everyone woke up after a while and they all ate a breakfast that Kaede had prepared. Although it was nowhere near as much as what was eaten the night before it was still good. After breakfast they decided it was time to go and start on their journey again. Mostly Inuyasha had decided seeing as he was bored and tired of waiting for them. So off they went on another journey.

Ok, that's the end of my first chapter. So was it good? Bad? Should be buried six feet under and never thought of again? It's just a start so it'll get better. I think. I hope it will anyways. If not I blame society! C ya later!