InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ What's going on? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
    Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha but I wish I did, don't you?

Chapter 2*~*~*~*~*~*

In the quiet little forest all the birds flew away and the animals scattered as a loud SMACK! could be heard near and far. Inuyasha and Kagome turned around to see Miroku with a very red handprint on his face. He put his hand behind his head and laughed guiltily at them. It was all too obvious what had happened.

"Sheesh Miroku. You would think by now you would learn to stop doing that" Inuyasha spat out toward the monk.

"Yeah, yourr gonna end up getting brain damage or a permanent handprint on youur face or something from all those times you get hit." Kagome added.

"Nah, it's all worth it. Besides, my dear Sango knows that she loves it." Miroku said while smiling suggestively at Sango.

"I do not!" Sango screamed as she was turning red. Kagome couldn't quite tell if it was from embarrassment or from anger. 'maybe both' she thought as they all continued walking not really knowing where they were going. They were off in search of the next piece of their puzzle; just looking for a clue wandering in a direction that they hoped would was leading them to the right path.

As they walked on Inuyasha, kept looking over at Kagome. He couldn't help but wonder what her nightmare had been about since he knew he was in it. Kagome would look over every now and then but he would always look away before she could notice that he was staring at her. This, however, did not go unnoticed by the two walking behind them. Sango and Miroku started snickering at the sight every time Inuyasha would turn away quickly to go unnoticed. Shippo turned around from his place on Kagome's shoulder to look at the two snickering people and tried to figure out what was so funny. Inuyasha started growing at them while Kagome just walked on oblivious to what was going on.

"So do you think he's going to admit it anytime soon?" Sango whispered to Miroku. "I doubt it. You know how stubborn he is." Miroku whispered back. "Yeah, you may be right...but they're so cute together don't you think?" Sango said as she smiled at them.  “Yeah right,” Shippo cut in as he jumped to Sango’s shoulder, “he’s too much of an idiot to ever notice or admit anything.”

Inuyasha had had about enough of them as he let out another growl and stopped walking. He turned around to face them and they froze. Sango started backing away slowly, a little nervous at the look that he was giving her while Miroku just stood there laughing nervously. "So, Inuyasha. um. Having a nice walk up there with Kagome? Heh" "That's it!" Yelled Inuyasha before he took off after them.

Kagome kept thinking about her nightmare. She hadn't liked it at all. She was horrified in the dream, along with being sad and mad, pretty much everything but a good feeling came from the dream. It just kept haunting her and she didn't know why. It had just seemed so real.  When she snapped out of her revere she was back just in time to see Inuyasha chasing Miroku and Sango while Shippo was holding onto Sango's shoulder for dear life at the speed she was running. *sigh* 'I guess I missed something'

Inuyasha chased Miroku and Sango for a while until they all ended up falling into a river.  'That'll teach them to look where they're going' Kagome thought to herself as she sat and waited for them to drag themselves out of the water.  Shippo had fallen off of Sango’s shoulder and lay on the ground in a daze near the bank of the river.

After a few minutes Inuyasha came walking up to where Kagome was sitting. "Have a nice bath?" Kagome asked as she smiled up at him "Keh" was all he said as he sat against a tree a few feet behind Kagome. He sat there in silence for a while with his eyes closed thinking to himself before he couldn't stand it anymore.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha said looking at her.

"Yeah?"

"You had a nightmare last night didn't you?"

"Yeah." Kagome answered him but she didn't like where this was going.

"What was it about?"

*sigh* "I'd rather not talk about it Inuyasha"

"Why not?" Inuyasha asked half whining.

"It's just not something I want to tell you about"

"Fine" Inuyasha said grumpily as he laid his head back against the tree and pouted.

Inuyasha was about to say something again when something in the distance caught his eyes. He got up and started sniffing the air to see if he had seen what he thought he saw. Kagome noticed what he was doing and asked him what was wrong but he ignored her. "I'll be back" he told her as he started walking off. Kagome got up to go with him when he turned around and told her to stay there.

It was Kagome's turn to start pouting now. She was bored and she wanted to see what was going on. 'I'll just follow him anyways' Kagome thought to herself defiantly.

Inuyasha ran through the forest and finally reached his destination. "Kikyo." Was all Inuyasha could say being at a loss for words. She turned around to look at him as her soul catchers floated around her.

"Hello Inuyasha" Kikyo said calmly.

"What are you doing here?" he asked not sure what to say.

"Waiting for you." She gave a half smile from where she was sitting on a fallen tree. "I knew you'd come here. It was only a matter of time before you noticed I was here."

Somehow this didn't seem right anymore. He used to want to be around Kikyo because she filled a hole in him and made him feel almost whole. But now, she didn't seem to do that anymore. He was there and he didn't really feel any different. The hole he had didn't seem to be so big anymore but it wasn't because of her. What was it then?

From in the bushes near by Kagome's heart was pounding. Inuyasha was standing there with his back to her concentrating on Kikyo. Kagome was scared and she got even more scared as she saw Kikyo moving closer to Inuyasha.  The scene playing out and the surroundings looked oddly familiars her mind wandered as she observed Kikyo and Inuyasha, who was standing near some boulders. 'Noooo...it can't be.' she thought as tears came to her eyes. "No. Inuyasha." Kagome whispered sadly.

Inuyasha just stood there as Kikyo moved closer to him. He might not feel the same about her now but for some reason he still felt a little attachment towards her after everything that happened. She came up to him and hugged him. He just stood there not knowing what to do when suddenly she looked up and kissed him. Inuyasha eyes widened as he stood there in shock.

Kagome couldn't take it anymore. She silently left and made her way back to where the rest of the gang was as fast as she could, tears falling down her eyes.

Inuyasha got over his shock and pushed Kikyo away. She looked at him confused. "Look Kikyo, I don't feel the same for you anymore. What we had died 50 years ago. I can't do this." He said in a tired voice. He was so confused about everything. "If you ever need anything I'll be there for you, but I can't be with you." With that Inuyasha started to walk off.

"It's that girl from the future isn't it?"

"What is?" Inuyasha turned around to look at her confused.

Back at the lake where the rest of the group was waiting and wondering where Kagome and Inuyasha had gone Kagome had arrived after stopping a minute to wipe away the tears and make it look as if nothing was wrong. "Where have you been? And where is Inuyasha?" Miroku asked as she came back.

Kagome stopped not really knowing what to answer, "He'll be back shortly." was all she said as she went over and started gathering up her stuff. "I need to go back to my time guys, I know it's sudden but I just remembered something important that that I really need to do." She hated lying to them but she couldn't help it. She was sad and scared.

"Well then..." Miroku said hesitantly still confused about everything, "I'll walk you back to the well and they can wait here for Inuyasha."

"Thanks Miroku but I can go alone." She smiled halfheartedly at him before walking away as fast as she could before they tried to protest her going alone. When she was out of their sight she started crying and then started running as fast as she could towards the well.

*~*~*~*~*~*

ok, that's the end.of the chapter. ^_^ did ya like it? It's a little longer than the last chapter at least.I think. I know it's probably crappy but I tried! And I have to go now so ill write more later