InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Afraid ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Another chapter, aren't you happy? I know I am! so yeah, if you haven't figured out what's going on in this story yet ur probably normal and hopefully it'll become a little clearer soon. If not then I wouldn't be surprised cuz I don't even understand the things I say sometimes. But anyways someone likes my story *sniff* I'm so happy *wipes tear away* I promised myself I wouldn't cry. hehe if you had the friends I have you'd act weird too ok. K, on with the story.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha but if all goes well by this time next year I'll learn how to hypnotize people and he will be

Chapter 3*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's that girl from the future isn't it?"

"What is?" Inuyasha turned around to look at her confused.

"The girl from the future, that's why you don't want to be with me anymore isn't it?" Kikyo stated.

Inuyasha thought for a moment, he had never really thought about that before. Was Kagome why he didn't feel so strongly towards Kikyo anymore? Why would she affect that? "I don't know what you're talking about Kikyo." Inuyasha stated flatly not wanting to think about this anymore right now.

"I know you do. You have feelings for her Inuyasha. You should just forget about her though."

'I could never forget about her...do I have feelings for her? I know she's a good friend I guess but do I care for her more than that?' Kikyo saw the confusion in Inuyasha's eyes as he was thinking this and smiled.

"Inuyasha forget about her, come with me. You won't see her around here anymore."

'What is she talking about? I don't want to forget about her I want to be with Kagome. I guess I do care about her a lot more than I realized.' "No Kikyo I won't leave Kagome to be with you. I have still have to defeat Naraku and get the jewel shards and Kagome is a part of that."

"You don't have to leave her, she's already left you. You won't have to worry about her coming back."

"What do you mean?!" Inuyasha spat out not liking the sound of what she just said.

"She was here watching. She left when we kissed; I don't think she liked that very much. She's probably part way back to the well by now." Kikyo said with a hint of a smile.   "Even if she did see, that wouldn't keep her from coming back. She always comes back even if you act stupid like this. And I'll just explain to her what happened when she comes back. She'll understand." He stated defensively.

"Not this time Inuyasha, she won't be coming back this time."

"What are you talking about?" Inuyasha growled out, he had a feeling she wasn't telling him something.

"Nothing Inuyasha. I have to go now, but I'll see you soon. Goodbye for now." Was all she said before she disappeared.

Inuyasha was worried, something didn't seem right. He took off running back towards where he had left everyone to try to find some answers.

Meanwhile, Kagome was still running towards the well she was close now. She saw the village up ahead and the well wasn't far beyond. 'I'll be home soon.' She thought sadly. 'I don't really want to go back but I can't stay here anymore.'

Just as Kagome started running through the village Kaede stepped out. She saw someone running in the direction of the well and realized it was Kagome. She was about to call out to her to see what was wrong but it was too late for Kagome had already passed and was still running. 'Oh well.' Kaede thought as she shrugged and went back into her hut.

Inuyasha had reached Miroku and the others in a matter of seconds but he didn't see Kagome there.

"Oh, hello Inuyasha. You're back finally. Where have you been?" Miroku asked.

Completely ignoring what Miroku had said Inuyasha asked where Kagome was. They all looked at him confused.

"I thought you knew Inuyasha." Sango spoke up confused. "Kagome said she had something important to do in her time so she took off to get back to the well."

"What?! And you let her!?" Inuyasha screamed.

"Well it's not like we could stop her. She seemed so determined to go back anyways." Miroku answered him. Inuyasha just growled.

"What, did you expect us to sit on her and keep her here until you got back?" Shippo asked, "What's wrong with her going back anyways?"

Inuyasha didn't stay around to answer; he just took off after Kagome. What Kikyo had said had scared him so much. He didn't want her to leave and never come back. He raced towards the well as fast as he could.

Kaede was just getting up from eating and was walking by the window. She stopped and looked out, "Ahh, how nice it is out." She said as she looked out at the peaceful land. Just then a red blur rushed past her. 'Inuyasha?' she thought as she looked at where the red blur had been. 'I wonder why everyone is rushing off to the well. And they don't even stop to see an old woman and say hello.' Kaede sighed, 'they're sleeping outside next time.'

Kagome had reached the well and jumped through to her own time. She ran to her room and closed the door quickly hoping no one saw her crying. She lay on her bed and thought about everything. She had stopped crying and was just laying there hugging a stuff animal that was on her bed. She looked down at it examining the stuffed animal. It was one she's had since she was 3. It was a cute little white puppy. After looking at it a minute she threw it across the room "Stupid dog." She said bitterly towards the animal as she started crying again. She fell asleep in a matter of minutes due to all the exhaustion; physical and emotional.

Inuyasha reached the well but Kagome had already disappeared through it. He sat there contemplating for 20 minutes or so trying to figure out what to do. He was getting frustrated and wanted to know what was going on but he didn't want to go chase after Kagome through her time, his stubbornness was holding him back from that. Finally he got tired of it and gave up and just decided to go.

*~*~*~*~*~*

do you think he decided to go back with the others or go into the well? ok, this one's really short and there's a lot more I wanted to write but I don't have time and I cant stare at this computer screen anymore. The next chapter will have more stuff in it and you'll be able to find out what’s going on in kagome's head. That’s all for now.