InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Making friends ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
OK, this is chapter 4, hopefully you'll like it, if you don't I'm sorry. I just got done babysitting my cousin and im kinda tired so you can't blame me, lil 5 year old boys are a pain. I just wanted to say thanks to all the people that have read the story, you're all so sweet ^_^ I love you. Ok, ill get on with the story now.

Disclaimer: Inuyasha aint mine *sigh* what a sad world.

Chapter 4*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha reached the well but Kagome had already disappeared through it. He sat there contemplating for 20 minutes or so trying to figure out what to do. He was getting frustrated and wanted to know what was going on but he didn't want to go chase after Kagome through her time, his stubbornness was holding him back from that. Finally the got tired of it and gave up and just decided to go.

Inuyasha jumped into the well and was whisked away to the future. When he got there he smelled the air. He could smell Kagome's scent not far off and just stood there a moment taking it in. Then he decided to follow it as it led him to her window.

Inuyasha jumped up onto the window and peered into Kagome's room. He saw her sleeping on the bed. He studied her face 'she's so beautiful' he thought to himself as he noticed the trace of tears on her face and grimaced. He had caused this, all her pain. He wanted to talk to her. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to say a lot of things, but he didn't want to wake her. He wanted to be nice to her so he decided he should let her sleep. While she was sleeping he would go for a walk around this town of hers to occupy himself. He grabbed a baseball cap lying on Kagome's dresser and left.

A few hours later Kagome woke up to her stomach sounding like Inuyasha with its growling. 'Better go eat.' She thought to herself all things from the past era forgotten for the moment.

Kagome went downstairs to look in the fridge for something to eat, 'mmm, yummy!' Kagome thought as she took out the left over food her mom had made for dinner earlier. She heated up the food and was about to eat when her grandfather walked in the door.

"Hi grandpa!" Kagome called to him as he passed by the kitchen door. He looked back to see who it was, "Oh, Kagome it's you." He said to her, "I was wondering where you were hiding around here."

Kagome looked confused at this. "How did you know I was back grandpa?"

"I saw your friend from the past"

"What?! Where??" She asked shocked.

"hmm." he thought for a few minutes

"Grandpa?" Kagome asked getting a little impatient after 5 minutes had passed.

"Oh yes! I remember now. I saw him at that bar down a couple blocks."

"What were you doing at the bar?” Kagome questioned him.

Her grandpa chocked for a second before replying, "I was uhh…out for a walk and just passed it, I noticed a big commotion coming from inside and saw that it was the boy. Yes that's it." He stated proud with his cover up. "I'll be going to bed now." He left quickly before Kagome could question him further.

Kagome wasn't sure of what to do. Should she go see if it's him? And what if it is? She didn't know what she would do if it was him but if it was she couldn't just let him go roaming around like that. Something could happen; he could cause a lot of trouble. With that thought she grabbed her coat and was off to find out.

Kagome ran to the bar and slowed down to a walk when she got near. She pushed the door open and her jaw dropped at what she saw. Inuyasha had his arm on some drunken guy’s shoulder and was talking like an idiot. Kagome sighed and just started to walked over to them.

"Hey bud." Inuyasha slurred out. The man just looked at him with a goofy smile on his face.

"You ever hab girl troublel?"

"Yeeeah." The man said wide-eyed like he was amazed someone else had

"I goss dis girl.." Inuyasha paused, "well actually I got two girls." He said with a thoughtful look on his face.

"playa." The man giggled.

Inuyasha giggled too. He didn't know what it meant but it sounded like a funny thing. "But anZway. What was I saying? Oh yeah! Da girl! shes sweet u know? Her name's is Kagimme. No dats not right. Koogomie? No..kimmie? noo..Fred! no that's not it...well, let's just call her Kagome for now till my mind starts working again."

Kagome giggled as she heard this. She was standing a little ways away not wanting to disturb him yet. His conversation was funny and he wasn't causing any trouble 'yet' she noted to herself, 'you never know what might happen especially if he's drunk.'

"My girl Kagome, whay does dat nam soun so familiar? Well, shes sweet an shes always comin to see me an she brings me food, aint that great? Food." Inuyasha said dreamily, almost drooling.

"Yeah. I wish I had someone to bring me food." The drunken guy with Inuyasha said sadly.

"Yeah. She's da besst I like her lot. But shhh….don't tell her it, my surprise."

Kagome looked surprised at this and wondered if she should say anything yet. 'oh well, I might as well.' "uh.Inuyasha?" Kagome said as she hesitantly walked over to him.

Inuyasha turned around and looked at Kagome like she appeared out of nowhere. "dammit look wa you did. You ruin my surprise. You weren't sposed to tell her." Inuyasha whined as he smacked his friend on the back of the head.

"I'm sorry man." The poor guy said as he looked down in shame. "It's all my falt."

"um, Inuyasha I think we should go now ok?" Kagome said wanting to get out of the bar.

"K. hey whas ur name anyways!?"

"It's Kagome, Inuyasha." Kagome said as she held on to him while he stood up so he wouldn't fall on the floor.

"See! I knew it. You say I was wrong and that it was something else, but I knew I was right. I knew her name as kagmee all the long!" Inuyasha said while pointing his friend.

"Wow. You're amazing. I shoulda believed you."

Kagome just sighed at this. "C'mon Inuyasha let's go now."

"okie dokie" Inuyasha said and saluted to his friend.

"g’bye buddy!" the guy said right before he fell off his stool.

'Geez, how much did these guys have.' Kagome thought as her and Inuyasha walked out the door.

"Inuyasha?"

"hmm?" he answered off in his own little world.

"who was that guy?"

"oh that was fred. We've been talking for." he paused to count all of his fingers, "two hours."

"oh."

They walked on in silence for a little while. Kagome taking the long way home hoping he wouldn't be so drunk when they got back to her house and disturb her family. As they were passing through the park Inuyasha had sobered up a little. Enough to think a little more clearly or at least think period. He was still a little wobbly and couldn't walk very well.

"Hey Kagome?" asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you leave like that?"

"I don't really like bars that much." She told him hoping to avoid answering his real question.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Inuyasha said a little annoyed. "Why did you leave to come back to your time? You didn't need to come back, and you didn't even tell me or anything." He finished sounding a little hurt.

Kagome didn't really want to answer this but she owed him some sort of explanation, "I saw you kiss Kikyo." She said as she looked down.

"I didn't even kiss her, she kissed me." He told her defensively. "I told her to we were through anyways, it's just not the same as it used to be. Besides, you've seen us kiss before and you never left with out letting me know. You always yell at me and fight with me and stuff. Why didn't you this time?" Inuyasha asked looking at her.

"I was scared." She replied not looking up at him.

"Of what?" He asked her as he stopped walking.

"I don't wanna tell you." Still avoiding his gaze.

"Too bad, do it anyways." But she wouldn't answer him, she just shook her head and stood there. "Fine." He told her as he sat down on the ground and pulled her down on his lap and held her there. "We're not leaving this spot until you tell me."

She looked up at him surprised. "I'm serious Kagome. You're not going anywhere until you tell me." He stated matter-of-factly.

She leaned back into him to get comfortable. 'This could be a long night.' He thought to himself as he looked down at her. 'she's too stubborn. But not as stubborn as me.' He thought with a smirk.

They sat there for nearly an hour. Inuyasha was starting to get a little impatient and was trying to think of something else to get her to talk when he heard her.

"I was scared of you." Kagome finally answered.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Ok, that's chapter 4. Good night! And thanks for reading my story!!