InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here's another chapter, hope you like it!  It would have been up sooner but there's this thing that me and my friends like to call the “lazy factor” we all have it hehe.  So enjoy the chapter…or don't it's ur own choice ^_^
 
Disclaimer:  I don't own Inuyasha so ya can't sue me for saying I do =P
Chapter 5*~*~*~*~*~*

"I was scared of you." Kagome finally answered.
She was sitting there in his lap with her back to him staring out at the small pond that was near by, refusing to turn to see his face.  She knew he wouldn't stop asking until she told him everything, but still she just sat there waiting for the question she knew was next, putting it off as long as she could, even if it was only a few seconds.
 
“Why?”  Inuyasha asked.  There were so many emotions in that one word, hurt, frustration, confusion, exhaustion...
 
Kagome inhaled deeply and then sighed.  “Ok, Inuyasha, I'll tell you everything. Might as well since you won't leave me alone until I do.”  
“Damn right I won't.”
 
Inuyasha knew it was a bad time right now and that he should be nervous about what she's about to say but he couldn't help but be relaxed.  He liked holding her, being so closer to her, all he had to do was breath and her scent was there.  He could feel every movement she made, when she breathed in, when she breathed out, when she shifted around to get more comfortable or because she was nervous….  It was almost intoxicating.  He had totally sobered up a while ago but he still felt a little light headed from being with her.  He'd never tell anyone this though.
 
Kagome started to explain everything to Inuyasha as he tried to stay focused on her words.
 
“Inuyasha…last night when I had the nightmare…it scared me a lot…” she kept pausing not knowing what to say or how to explain everything.
 
“the nightmare...in it I was with you and Sango and Miroku and Shippo and we were all walking in search to find more of the Shikon jewel…then Miroku got slapped by Sango, for obvious reason and we all made comments about it and kept walking…then for some reason you started chasing them and running around the forest…you guys all ended up in the water…”
 
“But Kagome that wasn't a dream that was what happened today.”  Inuyasha said confused.
 
“No, Inuyasha it was my dream.”
 
“but…”Inuyasha was about to say something when Kagome started to speak again.
 
“When I woke up this morning the dream wasn't totally clear in my head but I remembered parts of it….and then we started on our trip and everything seemed familiar, the surroundings and everything…then Sango and Miroku…I was lost in thought about the dream when something happened, still not sure what but I know something did happen because for some reason you started chasing them…then there was the water, everything was exactly the way it was in my dream…”  She trailed off for a minute thinking about the rest and the sadness in her eyes growing.
 
“Why would that make you scared of me?  What did I do?  It doesn't make sense.”  Inuyasha said to her, half talking to her, half thinking aloud.
 
She turned around and looked him in the eyes for a moment and then looked down and continued to speak.
 
“I was only a little nervous about that, about how everything was the exact same as in my dream.  But that's not my entire dream Inuyasha…In my dream you ran to Kikyo like you did yesterday, and you two kissed…then you both noticed me being there and I screamed at you…”  Kagome paused as she tried to stop from crying at the thought of the horrible nightmare from last night.  A tear fell down her cheek.  Inuyasha saw it and gently wiped it away. 
 
“Kagome?”  Inuyasha asked worriedly. 
 
She just shook her head, “I'm ok” she tried to sound convincing and continued.  “Kikyo and you both just smirked at me and she laughed.  Then she said `look it's the pathetic girl from the future.' And you laughed too and…you kissed again and told me I'm not needed anymore…you didn't need me anymore….”  Kagome couldn't stop the freefalling tears no matter how hard she tried so she just tried to ignore them and continue on in between sobs.  “you said I was just a pathetic shard detector to you and now that you were back with Kikyo you didn't need me or want me around…then…then..”
 
“Then what Kagome?  Tell me please.”  He asked her pleadingly, which was unusual for him but he wanted to know the whole story.
 
“Everything up to that first kiss was too close to what happened in reality…I got so scared that what happened in the rest of the dream would happen and that it would end in the same way…it was too much alike and it scared me when it happened…in the dream after you told me you didn't want me around Kikyo said something to you and you looked back at me and said `yeah, we don't need her around anymore, we'll just get rid of her.' You didn't need me anymore, Kikyo was with you to find your shards for you…and you jumped to attack me…then I just felt warmth wash over me and relaxed as the dream faded away for some reason, everything just seemed peaceful then I just seemed to be comforted then…” she trailed off at the end before she started to speak again, “I was scared that that would happen for real and I didn't want it to.  I didn't want to have you kill me; I didn't want any of it to happen.  That's why I ran and why I was scared of you, of what you would do, of what you would say.”
 
Inuyasha thought about the end of the dream, about the comforting feeling….
 
*~* flashback*~*~
 
Inuyasha's ears started twitching as he heard Kagome mumbling in her sleep. He opened his eyes to see her tossing and turning in her sleeping bag. She had a look of terror on her face and looked as though she wanted to cry. "No.Inuyasha." she whispered in her sleep as a tear rolled down her face.

He stared at her wondering what her dream was about. He wanted to make it stop, he didn't like that there was something wrong with her and there was nothing he could do about it.

He moved over near her and kneeled down beside her face. His hand found its way to her face as it caressed it gently trying to soothe her. Soon after she settled down and was in a deep sleep again and the nightmare ended. 'What am I doing?' Inuyasha thought as he slowly pulled his hand away. He didn't move though, he just sat there next to her starring at her, lost in thought the rest of the night.
*~* end flashback*~*
 
`Was that because of me?  Did I comfort her?'  he thought to himself.  Then he thought about the rest of the nightmare.  `I would never say those things and I would never kill her, I would die before I did that.  I guess she'd believe it though with the way I treat her.'  He thought guiltily.  He wondered on about the nightmare.  Why would all the events be the same up to that point, it's just to much of a coincidence for it to be something normal.  “Kagome are you still scared of me?” he asked her cautiously.
 
“No, if you were going to do anything you would have done it by now I think and none of the ending has happened right?  If I thought you were trying to hurt me still I'd probably still be trying to stay away from you.” She replied while staring up into that starry sky. “I'm glad” she added as an after thought.
 
The wind blew causing her to shiver and snuggled closer to him for warmth.  He wrapped his arms around her tighter with out even thinking about it.  He looked down and smiled “I'm glad too.  I don't want to lose you.”  Then his head snapped up as he remembered something.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
What did he remember? Can you guess?  Bye bye, hope u liked it, if not you can go rewrite it better k? ^_^