InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Cute Inuyasha ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here it is, chapter 6.   
 
Disclaimer:  I don't own Inuyasha. (Not in this world at least, but in my world it's a totally different story.)
 
Chapter6*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The wind blew and she shivered and snuggled closer to him for warmth.  He wrapped his arms around her tighter with out even thinking about it.  He looked down and smiled “I'm glad too.  I don't want to lose you.”  Then his head snapped up as he remembered something. 
 
“Kikyo…”  Inuyasha whispered as the thought came to his head.  He had remembered what she had
 
"You don't have to, she's already left you. You won't have to worry about her coming back."
 
`That's what she meant when she said that.  She knew about Kagome.  She must have done this somehow.  Grrr.  I'll get her for this.'  “Inuyasha?” he heard Kagome call him as his thoughts were interrupted.  “hmm?”
 
“Is something wrong?”  Kagome asked him while he debated on whether or not he should tell her.
 
“I think this was because of Kikyo.”
 
“Why?” Kagome asked as she looked up at him questioningly.
 
“She said some things to me when that whole thing with her happened earlier. I knew something was up but she wouldn't tell me anything, but by what she said I'm guessing this is her doing somehow.  She thinks if she scares you away I guess that I'll go with her.”
 
“Oh.” Was all Kagome could say.
 “Let's go.  Inuyasha told her as he got up and helped her up.
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked hesitantly, stopping him from leaving.
“Yeah?” he asked as he turned around.
“Why didn't you just go with Kikyo?” She said forcing herself to ask the question she had to know.
He thought for a moment, not wanting to really tell her why right now and simply replied, “it's probably too hot down there in hell.”
Kagome just giggled at his answer. `He just makes things seem so simple sometimes.'
It's getting late, you should get your rest before we go back searching for the jewel shards again tomorrow.” 
 “And what if I don't wanna start looking again tomorrow?” Kagome asked teasingly. She knew she would go either way.
“Too bad.”  He replied with a smirk. Then he picked her up and raced back to her house while she squealed at the surprise of being carried away.
 When they got to her house he jumped into her window and set her down when they got to her room.
“Inuyasha” Inuyasha turned around to look at her when she said his name.  “You can stay here tonight if you want to.” She said hesitantly, not wanting him to leave.  She always felt safer and more comfortable when he was around (except for that point earlier when she thought he might kill her but that's not important).  He just nodded.
 Kagome smiled and was happy he was staying and glad things were back to normal now, or at least as normal as things got considering everything.  She walked to the bathroom to change out of the school uniform she usually wore into a tank top and some shorts and get ready for bed.  She came back in and got into bed and said good night to Inuyasha who was in the corner leaning against the wall with his eyes closed.  Inuyasha just grumbled something back. Kagome just smiled as she closed her eyes to drift off to sleep.
 The next morning Kagome awoke groggily to the annoying birds chirping.  `Why do they have to be up so early, if they would sleep later then I could too!  Annoying birds have to wake me up….'  She thought grumpily as she rolled over in bed still refusing to open her eyes.  Her arm fell over the side of the bed and instead of hanging in the air if came in contact with something soft that felt like hair. `Hair?'  She turned her head to look over the side of the bead and a bright smile appeared on her face.  She saw Inuyasha lying there next to her bed sleeping.
Kagome couldn't help herself as she started running her hand through his hair, lazily playing with it still not wanting to get up yet.  Soon she moved her hand up to his ears and started to rub them.  After a minute or so of playing with his ears she started to hear a sound coming from him.  It wasn't very loud but she could swear it sounded like he was purring.  `That's so cute!'  She thought as she continued giving her attention to his ears. 
Inuyasha, who had been awake the whole time and had just laid there content to let her amuse herself, especially since he liked the way it felt, had decided she had amused herself enough when he started to make the purring noise.  “Kagome..don't do that” he told her as he swatted her hand away from his ears.  “Aww, why not?  It's so cute Inuyasha.”  Kagome giggled and rubbed his ear again.  Inuyasha just growled and blushed a little when she said it was cute, but thankfully she couldn't see it since he was facing away from her.  After another minute or so Kagome reluctantly stopped.
 Then she did it once more and said, “Don't worry Inuyasha, I won't tell anyone about that,” as the sound similar to purring started up again.  He just jumped up and mumbled something that Kagome couldn't figure out but she just shrugged her shoulders and ignored it and smiled as she sat up in bed.
 “Did you sleep well Kagome?”  Inuyasaha asked her suddenly
“Yeah.” 
“No more nightmares?”
 Kagome thought for a minute then replied, “Nope” and smiled up at him.
 “Good” he said and told her that they would be leaving soon.
 “Ok” Kagome said as she got out of bed and reached up to pet his ears again and giggled before she ran quickly to the shower taking some new clothes with her to put on afterwards before Inuyasha could complain.  Inuyasha just laid on her bed and took in her scent while he was waiting for her.  After her shower she raced around the house getting everything she wanted to take with her.
 Inuyasha had been laying there while Kagome was running around.  She had been downstairs for a while now doing stuff and he was getting impatient.  He got tired of waiting for her and walked downstairs.  He smelled something good coming from the kitchen and decided to head that way.  When he got there Kagome smiled at him and he saw what she was doing.  `Ramen! Well I guess I can wait a little longer to go back then.'
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
ok, that's chapter 6!  I tired to make the grammar right, but if it's not I blame all my English teachers, they obviously can't teach.  Well, anyways I hope u like it!  C ya later bye bye ^_^ thanks again for reading my story