InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Dream ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: sadly, I don't own Inuyasha.
 
Chapter7*~*~*~*~*~*
The two finished eating their ramen, gathered all the things that they (meaning Kagome) were bringing, and were off to the well.  Inuyasha jumped into the well with the huge yellow bag Kagome had packed followed by Kagome jumping in after him.
When they go through to the other side Inuyasha jumped out of the well with the bag and helped Kagome up.  They slowly made their way back to the village with Inuyasha complaining the whole way since Kagome was going so slow. 
“Hurry up, a snail goes faster than you!”  Inuyasha said in an annoyed tone to Kagome.
“There's nothing wrong with going slowly and taking your time Inuyasha.”
“It's not like you have any reason to go slow, I'm carrying your stupid bag.  What do you have in here anyways?” 
“None of your business” Kagome replied knowing that if she told him everything that was in there he might through and destroy everything later looking for the extra ramen if he got hungry.  “And it's a beautiful day Inuyasha you should be happy more and enjoy the things around you instead of being in a hurry all the time.”  She told him still walking at her slow pace smiling while Inuyasha just growled in annoyance.
 
As they neared the village they saw all their friends gathered around a new grave site.  Kaede had just laid some flowers down on the grave and looked like she was saying a prayer when Inuyasha yelled out.
“Hey!  What's going on over there old lady?!” 
“Be more respectful Inuyasha, it's not nice to be like that when someone's died.” Kagome told him as she smacked him.
He just glared at her as they continued on their way to join the others.
The two reached the others after walking for a few more minutes arguing the whole way.
“Whose grave is this?” Kagome asked looking down at it.
“Kikyo's” Sango answered her. 
Both Inuyasha and Kagome looked up in shock at that statement.
“But how?  What happened to her?”  Kagome asked
Just then Inuyasha smacked his neck and a flattened Myouga floated slowly to the ground.
“Sorry my lord, I was just so happy to see you.” 
“Keh!  Whatever” 
“So, what are you doing here Myouga?”  Kagome asked as leaned over to look at him.
“I came to see if the rumors were true.”
“What rumors?”  Kagome asked curiously.
“Yeah couldn't be rumors of anything dangerous at least or you would have run the other way.”  Inuyasha spat out.
“My lord I'm hurt.  I was just running to look for help all those other times.” Myouga said in a hurt tone, which only earned him a “Keh” from Inuyasha and everyone else shaking their head knowingly.  “But as for the rumors, I heard that Kikyo had been ambushed and attacked by a mass amount of demons, very strong ones at that.  I'm guess by this grave that the rumors are true.”  He told them as he looked back down to the grave.  “Apparently she had vanquished a demon that was attacking a village a while ago and his brother decided to take revenge and gather a huge force of demons to assist him.
“I see.”  Inuyasha said solemnly as he started to walk away and over towards Kaede's hut.  Kagome looked after him worried but decided it might be best to give him time alone.
They all walked back to Kaede's hut after talking about it a little more.  When they got there Inuyasha was nowhere to be found.  They all decided that Kagome should be the one to go talk to him.  They wanted to make sure he was ok and wouldn't do anything stupid.  He liked her most so she should go, is what Miroku had said and they all nodded in agreement.  But really it was just that they didn't want to take the chance of incurring the wrath of the annoyed hanyou, he didn't seem to be in a very good mood so they sent Kagome who had less of a chance of getting in trouble with him.  Less chance of getting hit at least.
Kagome walked outside and started looking around for him.
“Inuyasha?” there was no reply so she walked around more and kept calling out to him.  “Inuyasha!?”  Kagome yelled out again.  She was getting worried now that she'd never find him.  She turned around dejectedly and started to walk back towards the village when she heard Inuyasha. 
“Up here Kagome” 
“Inuyasha?”  She asked as she looked up to see him sitting in a tree. 
“Yeah.  What are you doing out here?”  He asked looking down at her.
Kagome looked down at the ground, avoiding his gaze.  “I was…i..was just worried about you.” 
“Why?”
“'Cuase of Kikyo and everything”
“I'm fine” Was all Inuyasha said as he jumped down and started walking back to the village with Kagome in tow.  She decided to just let it be for now and to ask him how he is later on, maybe he'd talk then. 
They got back to the village and went into Kaede's hut and sat down with out saying anything.  The rest of the night was mostly quiet, everyone was either afraid of saying something wrong and angering Inuyasha, seeing as how this is probably one of the times when Inuyasha's temper was shorter than usual, or they were too busy thinking about things such as Kikyo.  It started to get late and eventually they all went to sleep. 
During the night Inuyasha had a restless sleep until he started dreaming about something.
 
*~*~*Dream*~*~*
Inuyasha is in a dark place.  Nothing is there around him, just black everywhere.  When he turns around he finds Kikyo standing there.
“K-Kikyo?”  Inuyasha stammered out in surprise.
“Yes Inuyasha.”  She answered.
“but….your dead…aren't you?”  He asked her confused.
Yes, I am dead.  This is a dream, and no, I'm not here to torment you like I did with Kagome.  I am sorry for that.”
“So you did cause that” he said to himself more than anything.
“Kikyo what are you doing here?”  Inuyasha stared at her as she walked closer to him.  `She seems different some how, more peaceful and lighthearted.  She almost looks happy, she doesn't have the cold harsh tone that was there before…” his thoughts trailed off as Kikyo started talking again.
“I've come here to say good bye Inuyasha.  I'm finally free of being held to this world.  I was kept here by my strong hatred towards you, but now that I am no longer stuck in that shell of a body I am able to let go of the hatred.  I just wanted to tell you goodbye before I left for good.”
“Kikyo…”
“Don't worry Inuyasha I know none of it was your fault, you weren't the one who killed me 50 years ago.  And it wasn't your fault I died this time either so you shouldn't feel bad about that.  I'm happy now so you should just move on and find happiness.”  Kikyo said as Inuyasha looked at her, not really knowing what to say.
“And Inuyasha”
“Yeah Kikyo?”
“You should tell her how you feel.”
“Tell who?”
“Your girl from the future.” She said with a hint of a smile on her face.
“Oh” Inuyasha looked away as he blushed slightly.
“You should tell her, it would make her happy.  It would make you happy too.  She cares for you a lot you know and I know you love her.”
“Keh”  Inuyasha said stubbornly as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.
“I know you Inuyasha, and you can deny it all you want but it's still true.  There's not point in hiding your feelings.”  Kikyo told him in an all knowing tone.
“Fine fine, maybe you're right. And maybe...maaaaybe I'll tell her.”  He said giving up some of his stubbornness.
“I have to go now Inuyasha; it's time for me to leave. It was good to see you one last time.”
Inuyasha pulled her to him and hugged her once last time.  She stepped back and smiled at him as she faded away.
 *~*~* End Dream *~*~*
Inuyasha slowly woke up as the dream ended. His eyes wandered over to Kagome who was laying a few feet away from him.
 *~*~*~*~*~*
that's all for that chapter. C ya!
Top of Form
Bottom of Form