InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From Nightmares to Dreams ❯ Love ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here it is, the last chapter.  Surprised? I know I am.  Well go ahead and read it if u like, I wont keep you.
 Disclaimer:  I do not own Inuyasha I just make stuff up about him and the rest of the characters.
  
Chapter8*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha slowly woke up and looked over to Kagome who was laying a few feet away from him.  It was still the middle of the night when he woke up and everyone around him was still sleeping.  He went over and sat next to where Kagome was sleeping.  After looking at her for a few moments he started poking her.
“Hey Kagome” he whispered to her. “Get up, I wanna talk to you.”
She slowly sat up, her eyes barely open, and looked towards Inuyasha. “Huh?” was all she could get out.
“I said I wanna tal...”
 
He was stopped as she fell on to him sleeping again.  He looked down at her, her head resting on his chest and she was sleeping peacefully.
 “Kagome?” he whispered to her, again trying to wake her up.
 “Hmm?”
“Kagome I need to talk to you.” 
She was still only half awake and her hand lazily went up and started rubbing his ear.  He started purring again and the slight rumbling of his chest made Kagome want to go back to sleep even more as she leaned against him.
“Can't it wait till tomorrow Inuyasha?”
“No” he couldn't wait anymore; he had to get this over with now before he changed his mind. “You can do that later” he told her as he reached up and pulled her hand away from his ear and stood up.  She reluctantly stood up with him and followed up outside.
Seeing that she was still a little groggy he took her hand and led her too a place a little ways away from the village.  They were surrounded by trees and the moon seemed to shine down directly on them.
They stood there in silence for a few minutes; Kagome was looking up at the stars thinking about how big the universe really was and how beautiful it looked with all those stars sparkling so brightly.  She shivered as a cold breeze blew by finally realizing how cold it was.
As she shivered she felt two warm arms wrap around her.  Surprised she looked up and saw Inuyasha looking down at her.  She smiled at him and blushed slightly and just stood there looking into his golden eyes.
He hadn't planned on doing that, but she seemed cold and his body seemed to act on its own so he wrapped her in his arms.  He stood there staring at her admiring how beautiful she was and trying to figure out what to say.
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked finally, deciding that if they didn't talk now she'd end up just standing there and staring into his eyes forever.
The trance Inuyasha was in was broken and he sighed as he still didn't know how to say what he wanted to say.  He was afraid of how she'd react to it to.  `It's now or never' he decided.
He led her over to a tree and sat down against it.  She sat down next to him but was unexpectedly moved as Inuyasha pulled her into his lap.  She looked at him questioningly when he did that, not that she minded.
“Kagome...” he paused frustrated, “damn it why is this so hard.” He said out loud to himself.
Kagome looked at him with worry in her eyes as she tried to figure out what was wrong.  `Why is he being like this? What's wrong with him?  Maybe he wants me to leave, maybe I am too much of a burden for the group…' she thought as sadness was added to the emotion playing in her eyes.
Inuyasha growled as he got fed up with the struggle of how to express how he felt.  He looked Kagome to see the worry on her face and what looked like sadness, `screw the words' he thought as he leaned his head down and kissed her.
Kagome's eyes went wide as he did this.  This defiantly didn't come as an expected event when she was going through possible reasons that he wanted to talk to her.  She wasn't going to complain though. She eventually relaxed and she started kissing him back.
Inuyasha was lost in the kiss and soon Kagome was too, it would have gone on forever, neither one wanted it to cease but lack of oxygen came into play as they finally pulled away. 
Kagome looked down and blushed while Inuyasha just looked at her and smirked.  `she looks cute blushing like that.'  He had decided.
“Kagom...”
“Inuyasha I love you.”  Kagome whispered barely audible but loudly enough for Inuyasha to catch it before he could finish what he was saying.
He was surprised at what she had just said but then smiled and lifted her chin up as he kissed her again before he whispered back “I love you too.”
Kagome looked at him shocked.  “r-really?” she stuttered not believing what he had just said 
“Yeah” he said smiling down at her.
Kagome jumped up and wrapped her arms around her neck hugging him.  He hugged her back before he picked her up and started walking back to the village carrying her 
“We should get back and get some more sleep.”
Kagome just nodded as she placed her head on his shoulder smiling happily while at the same time feeling sleepy again.  `That was easier than I thought it would be.' He thought on the way back and smiled to himself.
 
They reached the hut where the others were and Inuyasha laid Kagome down and laid down himself next to her closing his eyes.  Kagome reached up and started rubbing his ears again.  Inuyasha opened his eyes and looked down at her.
“What? You said I could do it later.” She giggled and continued.
He sighed and closed his eyes again, `this is probably going to become a habit with her.' Not that he really minded.  He smiled and started to drift off to sleep while purring.  Kagome smiled at him and was soon of to sleep as well, both dreaming of the other.
The next morning Sango and Miroku were the first to wake up.  Sango got up and looked over towards Inuyasha and Kagome and stared at them.  They were laying there Kagome with her head laying on Inuyasha and him holding her tightly and both of them were smiling happily.  Miroku walked over walked over and looked at them with her, “looks like we missed something.” He said as he wrapped an arm around her waist.
Sango looked up at him and he smiled at her, a genuine and caring smile, not one of his usual perverted ones. “Yeah” she said as she blushed and smiled back and thought to herself how nice everything seemed to be at that moment.  They then decided to leave the two alone to sleep a while longer and left to go eat.
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
that's all for now. review if you want to, I wont mind, really I wont.  If there's anything wrong with my story let me know and ill try to fix it. Any comments you have would be nice.  Hope you liked it at least a little.  Don't know anything else to say so Bye bye for now ^_^