InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ From the Words of a Broken Heart ❯ Twice in a Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

From the Words of a Broken Heart
Characters © Rumiko Takashi
Chapter Two -
 
“Sesshomaru?” I whispered.
“Yes that's my name, but I wonder how you knew,” he tossed me a playful smile and then helped me up.
Wow! So friendly…
“Sesshomaru… why are you helping me…”
He looked at me with mock concern, “well… I see a beautiful young lady fall over, what am I supposed to do? Leave her there and walk over her?” He grinned at me.
“Don't you recognize me?” My head was clouding over.
“I would definitely recognize a beauty like you”
A crimson flush crept its way to my face.
“Well… uh… thanks. My names Kagome Higurashi by the way,”
“I bet we'll keep in contact,” Sesshomaru winked, “see you at school”
With that we ran towards the school which was just about to begin.
Wow, was all I could think. Did why was Sesshomaru here? And when did he become so… so… nice? I shook my head and followed him towards the school.
 
*
 
When I entered the school, I was greeted by an old teacher who also seemed very familiar… Kaede? Probably… everything was so weird!
“Ah, so it's Kagome Higurashi… Yea is very lucky to be accepted in such a school… I'll show you to your class. Yea is welcome to come and ask me for help any time Yea wants”
Now I knew it had to be Kaede… Yea used in almost every sentence? Who else…
I followed Kaede down a narrow hallway. I had to admit the school was beautiful… all the latest electronic equipment, gorgeous ceiling to floor windows, and massive vases of red roses spread out on every table surface. I was already beginning to love it…
After what seemed like an hour of gazing at the halls, we finally reached my first class. Huge mahogany doors sprung open as Kaede went nearer.
About 30 pairs of eyes turned around and looked back towards me. I shifted nervously.
“Yea all listen! Kagome is a new transfer student and will be joining to class. If yea don't make her feel welcome, yea will take a trip to my office.”
Again with the “yeas”.
To my relief, our teacher, Mrs. Sakurairo, was not someone of whom I recognized from the feudal era.
“Kagome, take a seat beside Kikyo, she will make you feel welcome.”
Sure enough, I saw a beautiful slim figure waving at me.
Kikyo. I knew her name would pop up sometime… but sitting beside that wench in class?
I cautiously took the seat beside her… I hated her so much. She flashed me a mischievous smile and went back to complicated math. I scanned the faces… I stopped at the site of a girl with long flowing raven hair and a guy who also had also had raven hair tied back into a neat ponytail… most likely Sango and Miroku, I thought as the guy reached for the girl's bottom.
But where is he? I promised myself I wouldn't think about him… but…
My eyes froze as I spotted him… he had flowing black hair but I knew it was him… his smile, his eyes… its all added up. He looked amazing, and his clothes were amazing. Typical gangster / bad boy. He turned around and winked. My heart pounded. Could the modern Inu Yasha be smart enough to choose me over Kikyo?
Then I remembered… Kikyo was sitting beside me, and sure enough, I could see him waving at him.
My heart broke into even smaller pieces. Now I would have no where to get away from them.
After what seemed like an eternity, class finally ended. Finally! My heart skipped a beat when I saw a teenager who resembled Kouga up ahead… probably the only person who was truly in love with me, not Kikyo.
He obviously spotted me to, as he walked towards me, with a sweet smile plastered on his face.
“Hey babe, you n-“, he was interrupted as Sango (or the girl who I thought was) greeted me.
“Hey Kagome, I'm Sango, in your class,” Sango's eyes looked sincere and trustworthy, “KOUGA! You ass! Stop playing girls, Kagome is way to good for the likes of you.”
Kouga's smile faded into a scowl as he walked away.
“Wow,” I said, sounding impressed, “he actually listened”
“He didn't exactly listen to me,” she rolled her eyes and flicked her hair back at the same time, “at this school, for most people, money turns everything around… my parents own a multimillion dollar corporation…”
My mouth formed the letter “O”.
“I feel sorry for you,” she said with pity, “sitting beside Kikyo must be hell - she's so evil, just pretends to be a defenceless, sweet girl”
“I guessed,” I said with a grin, I was beginning to like the modern day Sango more and more.
“Well, I have to get home now, see you around,” she flashed me a million dollar smile and walked away.
Well, I thought, better get home.
As I turned the corner, I bumped into something and fell down. A tanned arm reached out to me. Twice in a day… deep down, I know I wished that it would be Sesshomaru that helped me up.
But it wasn't, it was his brother.