InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gangs-R-Us ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

 

Author's Notes: Ok, so Hey!!!! I really loved this idea when it came to me and personally this is so fun to work on because it's so close to me. This first chapter is mainly information needed for the foundation of the story. There are some holes that will be filled in later on. So if you're like "Huh?? This author's is a mother @#$* idiot!" I know that already but you don't have to rub it in!! LOL!! If you have any questions just ask and ill try and answer as many as possible hopefully or e-mail me. I promise most questions will be answered later in the story though. (Brother yelling in the background "Shut your big mouth!!! You just like to hear yourself talk!!!! Start the FREAKIN story already!!!) Geez…ok. *grumbles randomly* …* then smiles* Enjoy!

 

 

Disclaimer: *cough* ok well if I must ill tell you that I definitely do not own any characters on this show including the star. If I have to keep repeating this then you must be a little slow or maybe just anal about these things. Either way, ill appease you! I only own this plot….which I'm having a great time writing!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Part I

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kagome sighed as she reached the rusting door to her new school and new life. From any distance she could be thought to be a normal 17-year-old girl attending her senior year of High School. Anyone one could see her normal well groomed black hair, piercing blue eyes and fair complexion. She may seem a little distant and quiet with her black rebel style, but relatively normal nonetheless. However she knew she was far from normal.

 

Then like a flash, a memory in particular that was fresh in her mind came over her as she made her way to her new school's main office.

 

 

*Flash Back*

 

They were all there. She counted. Every single one of them. Good.

 

Her unattached stare grazed by every one of their faces. She could read them like a book. They knew it. Some withered under her intense gaze and some just held up their chin proudly. That was the difference between the "Hard Core" and the "Fringe", or the "Wannabe's". She knew who would fail and who would succeed in the end. However she still admired them for their dedication and passion.

 

"I have called you all here today..." She started in a slow but solid tone. "To tell you that some changes are going to be made.

 

That one sentence caused many reactions. She saw the newer recruits flinch visibly as if burned, and the slightly higher members looked a little shaken. It was even evident that she struck a nerve with her Core, because many of their faces were contorted in slight uneasy frowns.

 

"Now you all understand the process that comes with wanting to leave `The Mikos'…Correct? You know the actions taken, the process, the torture, and possibly death… that come with such a ritual?"

 

She paused at all the right places and accented the appropriate words to see their initial reactions. She got very little response considering it wasn't really a question than more of an edgy statement anyway. So she shrugged lightly and continued.

 

"The whole gang…" She accented, as the word slipped off her tongue like ice causing many to stiffen in pride. "Is to come to the ceremony and proceed with the necessary procedures for the ritual as known and followed in the past."

 

Many nodded their heads in understanding but still no one knew who the unlucky person was or who was going to be the victim of the Ritual as it was deemed.

 

Many people were waiting on baited breath to find out who the lucky honored person would be to be announced by the leader herself. For some, they lived for these rituals like they lived for the torturous recruiting ceremonies. However they didn't have to wait long, for their trusted leader rose from her seat in a rusted chair in the middle of the old musty cellar. She took a deep breath and continued.

 

"The person passing and possibly surviving the ceremony tonight…" She paused at the cold, faint snickers from the older members of the gang being heard, "will be…" Everyone waited in silence, some hopeful some nervous….

 

 

"….. will be….me. Your leader."

 

No one spoke. The musty air of the factory cellar seemed to be sucked from the atmosphere and out of the room, for all was still. No one even seemed to take a breath for a whole minuet.

 

Finally the `Leader' spoke again to break the unnerving silence.

 

"I know I have not failed you in anyway. That is something that would be unacceptable and shameful and suitable reason for such a ritual. I know that many of you would give your life for my protection, my sisters. I both know and love you for that I also know that to some, this is a great betrayal and is confusing. I just need you to understand that I need to move on from this chapter in my life. I step down as leader and have chose to leave my beloved gang that I have known for these past six years. I have chosen this path however, and fully understand and accept the consequences. I mean I should know it. I wrote half the Code."

 

She added the last part on for some humor, however she only received a few weak smiles. Many faces were still clouded with shock, hurt, or even utter confusion. Some couldn't even look at her as their eyes were downcast out of deepened sadness. Finally a member from her Core spoke up.

 

" So you will go through with the ritual? You won't back down? Even if it costs your life to your gang?" She said in a harsh and condescending voice.

 

"Kagura, I thought you knew me by now. The former leader," Bowing her head in respect, "She created the ritual and many of the others we still follow. We honor her dedication of this gang and have only built rules upon the basic principle of her leadership and guidelines. So yes, I will go through everything with the grace and dignity that our former leader, Kikyo, also held."

 

Her steady gaze passed over their faces once more and this time she received different reactions.

 

She saw the utter sadness of her newer members. To this she felt her own sadness overwhelm her. To her these were like her `babies', because that what she called them. The rest of the gang called them `Associates' or `New-bes'. Theses were the ones that showed the unknown dedications of ones that wanted to prove themselves without any consequences to themselves. She loved them for that. The smallest of sad smiles played on the tip of her mouth albeit still unemotional to anyone other than her..

 

She moved to the inner crowd where her gaze rested on the members of the gang that had been there for a while but till had more to prove. She called them her `arrows', because they had proven themselves by being true so far and she loved them like her own as well. She could see their determination and that's why she had chosen them when and why she did. They were a strong asset.

 

She merely saw some angry and confused faces and some downcast eyes when she over looked them. She knew them and her newer girls looked up to her for advice and trusted her completely. That is what they were there for anyway, to be a family.

 

Finally she reluctantly turned to her Core or her `inner strengths' as she would adoringly call them in the secret meetings away for the lesser members. These girls she knew from the beginning, and had been sisters since before her rise to leader and had shown unwavering loyalty. Well almost.

 

Kagura, the only one who she knew, was not as she appeared. No one else knew except for three people. Kagura, Kagura's boss, and well her the leader. She was after all, the second most powerful gang leader in that part of Japan, and she wasn't in that position out of ignorance. She was shrewd to catch on to the ploy created, and slowly seeping into her gang.

 

After finding out, she had put Kagura through the toughest missions to have her become a `trusted' inner Core member. This had the desired effect of trust amongst the girls and would make for sweeter revenge in the end. Kagura believed herself to be a powerful part of the group…oh if she only knew…

 

When she first found out Kagura's true identity she couldn't help herself but to get infuriated beyond normal rage. She had always been one for revenge. It was just her nature. This was one of those situations where she would have the last laugh….no matter who stood in her way and whose blood was spilled. Sparingly not hers.

 

How did the clever leader find out you ask? Very simple, it was the `leader intuition'. She knew at once she was betrayed when she was almost picked off by the single most powerful gang leader in that side of Japan, her rival, Naraku. Yeah, after that, she knew she worked for him. Just call her Captain Obvious! She was a very clever leader and she had resources besides the fact that the evidence slapped her square in the face.

 

She wasn't about to sit by and let her growing `family' be deceived anymore and put them in a vulnerable position by a secret 'mole' in her pack! Kagura believed that she could deceive her and her gang so easily, oh how it infuriated her! She would not be taken down so easily. No way was she about to be taken down at her prime!

 

 

How she found out Kagura's underhanded plot was the blackest moment in her six-year experience. The memory fluttered through her recollection them that chilly October night. (A/N: yeah it's a flashback in a flashback, sorry try not get too confused, but your smart so….*WINK**WINK*)

 

 

 

He had tried to ambush her and her entire gang at a new `bust' they had been tipped off too and had arranged with great ease. Too much ease actually, that for one should have been a red light but everything went on as planned. They had just infiltrated the entire area and started off with the night shift guards. As they worked there way downward they eventually dug their way to the desired weapons unit. It was heavily guarded and secured, so of course they retrived them in less than three minutes flat. Suddenly just as they swiftly were about to make their silent exit undetected and victorious, they were confronted by their rivals. Not just any rivals, however. These were the other side. These were their enemies in the current gang war. Power was essential, and power would be attained through the bloodshed of the war.

 

It was the most vicious gang war since the gang war of 88' between the West and South side Tokyo gangs. That had been a bloody back-street war that lasted seven grueling years with a horrific body count.

 

This however could not even begin to compare. This was only six and no sign of peace or ceasing of any kind ahead.

 

She was able to get everyone out without to much trouble, after all she had trained her girls to perfection and the enemy only had a bunch of blundering he-men which were slow to even make a decent challenge. She was well decided to only bring her Core and other highly efficient trained girls on that particular mission. However only as she stayed behind to check if any struggling members were present, was when she noticed she had been backed into a trap. Her girls were gone and safe with few cuncussions but she was cornered with no apparent escape handy.

 

It was then she saw him. The enemy's leader.

 

His eyes glowed with the same evil merciless tint as when she first saw him, and he chuckle heavily laid in the air as she noticed how grave situation had become. It was all a set up for the two of them! He, himself came to finish her off.

 

She knew right then who the snitch was and she swore unwavering revenge if she managed to escape the jeopardous trap. Which she did thanks to her flawless fighting skills, cunning , and aid from allies.

 

She swore the low and sneaky person would pay. Blood would be spilled as did hers that night. (A/N: Ok end of the little informational flashback in a flashback. I only did it for the good of the peoples! Promise!)

 

 

 

 

 

So now it was time to enact her revenge. As the gang squirmed anxiously thinking it would be her suffering tonight, she softly drew a lingering sigh. It was surely not going to be her if everything went as planned. It was the little weasel in the frying pan tonight! She snickered inwardly in knowing anticipation.

 

Her eyes skimmed her Core who all looked at her with loyal and sad eyes, albeit one. None were angry, just firm in understanding. She could expect nothing less from her closest members her ……friends.

 

They knew her predicament and her strong bonds to her blood family. As much as she loved her life and her crew she had to leave, she had to protect her mother and brother from the growing war.

 

However as she rose to proceed with the ceremony she shook her head lightly as if shaking these thoughts briskly from her head so she could continue. She never got emotional, and today would be no different she hoped. She abruptly bowed to the Core showing an honored yet apologetic peace offering for what was about to happen.

 

None knew what it meant, but they all quickly nodded their head in apperception. She then lifted her head a fraction and came up meeting the steel eyes of her betrayer.

 

Kagura flinched in her steady ice-blue gaze and bowed her head back in attempt to close the intense eye contact. However it was futile as understanding slowly glowered in her widening eyes.

 

 

 

As their leader stepped in the middle of the old cellar, everyone gathered around. Most dreading what was going to happen next, some were simply numb to a point of utter bewilderment. However right before the ceremony was about to take place, their leader erected one of her pale slender hands up to halt the procession.

 

"I understand the ritual to the fullest, as I said before." She stated solemnly. "However I also know the laws and ever present Code. The rules that the Great Kikyou put into affect before her tragic demise are the laws we live by and regulations we answer to. As I know the code inside and out, I will merely reveal this diminutive revelation. As I'm sure you are aware of section 25B: Rituals of leave; Any betrayer among the gang takes full responsibility for any backing member including a descending leader."

 

She smirked an evil smile as she saw Kagura's head snap up and their eyes meet. "No" She heard he whisper frantically. Oh, how she loved the deceased Kikyo right then for her elaborate detail in the Code she fabricated.

 

Suddenly all eyes were on Kagura. Some shocked, others looked as if they'd expected this, and others just looked downright elated. In the happy camper's area were mostly the recruits that were initiated by Kagura herself. After all who wouldn't want the demise of the person who had given you hell on earth for the grueling initiation.

 

" Yes, Kagura." She said as her dark grin spread naturally to her glitering blue eyes.

 

Many gapped in her direction at this outward show of cruelty. Their leader was known for her gentle understanding, as well as swift punishment. Never though for outright public savageness. However none could belittle their leader in any sense as they felt Kagura had this coming in any sense.

 

The leader continued firmly. This was the moment she had been waiting patiently for.

 

"I will skip all the trivialities about how you have been supplying top secret info about our gang's operatives to Naraku..." The mere name received several choice words and soft hisses. "…and shall go on and even forget to recount to the girls on how you just sat back behind your boss as he proceeded to kill many of the former members who would and should be standing here with us today. I'll even cease to mention to them your plan that involved trying to take ME out once and for all!" Her tone was icy to the last syllable and dripped the utmost loathing.

 

The girls were growing increasingly loud with curses and furious roars for every sentence that came. However, at the last sentence the girls seized Kagura, who seemed motionless and unresponsive, and took her in the center of the chamber with their leader. Rage was coming of most of the women like a foul odor.

The girls screamed and yelled for the ceremony to begin as Kagura was roughly gagged and bond with jagged electrical wire.

 

The leader just raised her hand once more and everything became still and hushed.

 

"Ladies you all know what we stand for and the heart our motto is. It says; `Be loyal, stay true, and stand firm against evil for sake of the pure and for your fellow man'."

 

She said this in a deadly tone while raising her hand to her chest for their gang sign pointed upwards.

 

"Now Kagura has broken most all of the rules of our Code. She betrayed her fellow members, committed treason against her leader, and sold us to our fated enemies for materialistic treasures. I ask you by the Code of Kikyou and the position I hold by stepping down as your leader, can she take my place of suffering in the ritual?"

 

She shouted this, as a general would rally troops. Her voice grew in a victory roar, for she knew that the Code ensued her safety and Kagura's demise in this situational ceremony. She loved it. Her sinister grin was well assured as her gang screamed "Yes, proceed!!" In a perfect hateful unison.

 

She stilled and cleared her throat softly to reclaim the attention. Her eyes grew soft as she realized this was the end of her time with her gang. She prepared the final acts of her leave and Kagura's termination.

 

"Remaining Core return to me." She declared firmly then she turned to her newest members and her eyes shone with fresh tears that she refused to shed in light of the present situation.

 

 

"My `babies'. I wish you all long lives, health, and loyalty while in this tight sisterhood. I will truly miss you. As for my arrows stay true to the family, as I know you will for me. Continue to prove yourselves and never give in to any threats outside The Mikos. For there will be many, but none will scathe you as long as your intentions are pure."

 

Her depressed emotions and devotion flowed through the sentimental dam she built as her speech progressed with silent tears falling down her face. She truly was leaving a family.

 

She turned sadly to her core and she broke down. Through her sobs she managed to say. "My dear friends, how much have we been through together? Fighting death and wounds of ever severity, even Rin's killer dog!"

 

They all laughed, slightly shattering a little of the sorrow. "I love you so, so much. I'm truly sorry for leaving in these dire times when leadership is most needed but I also need to start over and get away from here. Away from Naraku's grasp."

 

With that her good friend, Ayame, spoke up. "Don't worry babe! That pansy is going down. We will finish him off soon to protect you!!! So don't worry us, we can hold our own!" She said full of confidence and blind determination.

 

Kagome just smiled at her and returned her trusting statement with a strong embrace in which she gave the rest of the girls as well. Ayumi, Ayame (who helped in a treaty with their allies that helped them in the confrontation with Naraku that fateful night), Rin, and Eri.

 

She sighed and told them in a dead quiet voice.

 

"You know what you must do with her. I will leave and never return after tonight. I can not tell anyone where my new location will be, for Naraku has allies all over Japan and I can't risk my Mom getting caught up in this. Nor my brother. I love you, and my loyalties will always be with my gang, my sisters, The Mikos.

 

She hugged them all once more while they all cried once again. And then she turned around to find the remainder of her adopted family sniffling and teary eyed, turning to her for guidance.

 

She merely shook her head silently and replied. "My girls I relieve myself of leadership duties and pass the responsibility to Ayumi. She has been with The Mikos as long as I have and she doesn't have any outside loyalties. Love her and accept her as your leader as you would me."

 

With that she squared herself with Ayumi and stated in a clear formal voice. "The leader of The Mikos is Ayumi! The Honorable Ayumi!" She yelled in utter admiration. As her friend bowed down, she was handed a heated rod in where she placed it on Ayumi's forearm. She diligently placed the tip where an arrow with three feathers was. With the rod she singed a horizontal line through the shaft of her already tattooed arrow without as much as a flinch from the victim. When she was finished she set the cooling rod down and grinned lightly up at her best friend.

 

This was the symbol for the leader of their group and with the passing of rank a member would add a feather to their arrow to be recognized outside the group. The whole gang bowed lowly with the exception of the gagged and tied Kagura who was sobbing uncontrollably at her gruesome fate yet to come.

 

Kagome nearly nodded at Ayumi and her Core after rising and turned sharply for the padlocked door of the old cellar before more warm tears threatened to leak on her normally stolic face.

 

The last thing she heard before exiting the dusty warehouse was Ayumi strong commanding voice saying, "Now begin the ceremony ladies!!" and Kagura's fading tortured screams following her out into the crisp alley.

 

 

*Flashback ended*

 

Kagome put on a trademark teenage bored expression as she walked up to the office. She was told where her schedule and first classes were from a prissy, prim secretary. She quietly strode down the empty hallways where classes had already begun fifteen minuets previous.

 

"Oh boy….school. Never thought I would have to go through this torture again….never thought….I would ever have to go through this hell again." Was her single self directed statement. She quietly slid down the appropriate halls till she saw her destination through a single solid wood door.

 

She took a deep breath, went for the doorknob, and opened it with the tiniest of clicks while quietly to reassuring herself.

 

"This is the start to your normal new life, Kagome." Was the faintest of voices in her head as she walked swiftly into the room.