InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Generation Unto Generation ❯ Generation unto Generation ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.




She sat down by the Goshinboku , looking up at its height, listening to the wind in its branches. Ever since she was a young girl, she had sought out the tree as a place of peace, where she could find comfort. Today, though, sitting here brought back a flurry of memories and the longing for the touch of her mother's hand.

Five hundred years and a sealed well stood between them. There were moments, like now, that the loss of her family seemed an unfair burden. And yet...

A different hand reached out, and touched her left shoulder.

"Kagome."

She turned her head, looked up into his warm amber eyes, rested her cheek against his hand. "There you are, InuYasha. You're back from Kaede's?"

“Keh.” He sat down beside her. "You are sad."

Smiling at him, she said, “Not really. I was thinking about Mama. The last two or three times we went back to my time, being there felt less and less like being home, but there are moments when I would like to hear her voice again. And tell her about everything that's happened. And eat her cooking. And tell her what's on my heart." She sighed.

InuYasha pulled her close, and she rested her head on one red clad shoulder.

"I miss your mother, " he said. "She was always good to me. Mothers are special. I still miss mine." His hand drifted down to her swelling abdomen where their unborn child rested. "But now you will be the mama."

"That's a scary thought."

"Feh. Any woman that can stand up to Naraku the way you did Or who could put up with me will do fine." He stood up, offered her a hand. "Let's go home."