InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ Fatality ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fatality
 
8:88::888::88:8
 
`How many days have I been here?' Kagome thought weakly, wrapping her arms around herself as she sat up on the dirty futon. Pain wracked her body in spasms and she gritted her teeth, digging her nails in her arms to bite back a scream. She glanced at the old food sitting on the rust covered tray and with a grunt of frustration she picked up and threw it. At the same time, the door opened and light poured into the room, making her flinch as she quickly covered her eyes.
 
 
The man from before flinched when the tray hit the wall a couple of inches from his head and fixed her with a dark glower as he growled. “Ungrateful bitch,” He mumbled as he stomped over towards her. Kagome tried to scramble away when he reached for her, and he reached, grabbing her hair and lifted her to her feet, pulling her close to his face. “You're lucky that didn't hit me.”
 
 
“You're lucky that didn't hit you,” She said through clenched teeth, fighting the tears that stung the back of her eyes. The man laughed in her face, dragging her with him as he finally took her out of the room and down the hallway. Kagome closed her eyes against the blinding light and struggled to keep up with him as he led her down various hallways and many doors.
 
 
“Open your eyes,” He growled as he threw her on the floor. She landed on her knees with a hiss of pain and opened her eyes, staring at a pair of shoes. Her eyes traveled up the long skirt to the white shirt and into a pair of silver eyes that flashed with amusement and a dark emotion. “And bow to your Queen.”
 
 
With a sniff of disapproval, Kagome pushed herself to her knees and stared indignantly into the face of the woman everyone proclaimed their `Queen'. The woman equally stared at Kagome, her eyes raking over Kagome with a triumphant gleam. “Who are you?”
 
 
“Who are you?” The woman shot back with a raised eyebrow.
 
 
Kagome tried to push herself to her feet, but a constricting pain in her chest brought her back to her knees. The woman dropped down to Kagome's level, ignoring the protests from the man standing behind her and held Kagome's chin, lifting her eyes to stare into hers. “How can I attain the power of the Shikon Jewel?”
 
 
Kagome clamped her mouth shut, and the woman sighed. She stood up and dusted off her knees, as she eyed Kagome with irritation. “Why must you resist? This is destiny, my dear.”
 
 
“Destiny?”
 
 
The woman smiled and held out her hand to Kagome. “Come . . . let me show you.”
 
 
Kagome broke into a grin and used her hands to push herself to her feet, fighting the wave of pain and nausea that threatened to make her pass out. She moved herself to a fighting stance and spit on the floor in front of the lady's feet. “Never.”
 
8:88::888::88:8
 
 
“Are you awake?”
 
 
Kumi sat up abruptly with a squeak of surprise. InuYasha peered down at her, and she glanced around, noting that Sesshomaru was gone. They were back in her cabin and the fire crackled in their silence.
 
 
InuYasha cleared his throat and shifted nervously. “What did you see?”
 
 
She dropped her head into her hands and willed herself to remember. The vision that she saw so clearly slowly diminished equal to the willpower she was using to try and remember. She felt it slipping between her two fingers, and she whimpered, feeling tears of frustration sting the back of her eyelids. “It . . . was Kagome . . .” She mumbled.
 
 
“Really?”
 
 
“I think.”
 
 
She heard him sigh and then he chuckled. Leaning against the wall of the cabin, he held his sword inbetween his crossed legs with an arm wrapped around it protectively. His ears were alert and moving, and his eyes were clear. It was obvious to her that he was feeling better, so she felt a swell of relief, knowing that Kagome was just fine. InuYasha glanced at her and offered a sad smile.
 
 
“Do you have a family?” Kumi blurted out. “Back home?”
 
 
InuYasha thought for a moment, then nodded. “Yeah, two humans, a kitsune, my brother, and a cat youkai. Oh, and I forgot the old-as-dirt-priestess. It's as close to a family as I'll ever get.”
 
 
“Humans?” Kumi asked incredulously. “How could you . . .”
 
 
“Kagome's human, and you helped her.” He accused softly.
 
 
Kumi shrugged and fingered the bow on her head. “She's a priestess,” She shot back. “She's different.”
 
 
InuYasha grinned and shrugged. “It doesn't matter. The other two humans in a monk, and a demon exterminator. And to them, it doesn't matter if I have mixed blood.” He pointed to his chest. “They care about what's in here.”
 
 
Kumi stared at him for a while, envying the happy glow that covered his entire body as he talked about his friends from wherever he came from. She wanted to be loved like he was, and to love someone in return. But she had been treated cruelly and prosecuted by the people he holds dear to his hearts, by both sides of her mixed blood. She knew she wouldn't be able to trust anyone, not like he could. Not like he was trusting them now.
 
 
“My mother was killed,” InuYasha told her softly. “My father was too. Sesshomaru tried to kill me half of my life, and I had been living by myself since I was six. If anyone should hate humans and youkai, it's me.” He glanced at the floor, not being able to stomach the look of pity and understanding that Kumi was giving him. Her red eyes filled with pain and she clutched her chest. “So I understand exactly how you feel. I understand the pain t hat you feel. But when I met Kagome---my whole world was changed.”
 
 
Kumi shrugged out of his haori, struggling to her feet and handing it back to him. She gave him a weak smile and she clenched her fists, pumping it in the air. “I understand,” She told him. “I understand.”
 
 
8:88::888::88:8
 
`She's the one,' The woman thought excitedly, staring down at Kagome's sleeping form. The young girl's skin color was returning quickly, the blue disappearing from her lips. Her health was increasing at a miraculous rate, and the woman could hardly contain her excitement.
 
 
`No more blood of virgin maidens,' the woman thought, licking her lips as she remembered those dark nights she drank the blood of maidens, bewitching them with the flowers of the dead. She had obtained her new form like she desired, but she needed the ultra sacrifice, the blood of the Sacred Priestess, entwined with the Shikon No Tama.
 
 
“When shall we feast?” Her servant whispered in her ear, stalking up behind her and grazing his fangs against her neck.
 
 
She shuddered and smiled, amused that he thought he was going to relish in her rebirth. His duty was almost over, and she relished in the fact that he was oblivious to the fact that his life was nearing it's end. She would bathe her fangs in his neck as well. She gave him a seductive grin as she turned and grazed her hand against his arousal, feeling him constrict against his pants. “On her, or you?”
 
 
His eyes smoldered and he suckled on her neck, raking his claws down her waist. “Either is fine with me.”
 
 
She laughed, cupping him and squeezing, watching as his lips parted slightly and he gave her a wolfish grin. “Not yet, dear.” She released him suddenly, turning back to her and running her knuckles down Kagome's face, tracing her lips. She waved her hands in dismissal towards the door, ignoring the angry flare of his youki as he complied.
 
 
“M'Lady,” He ground out tightly as he left the room.
 
 
She watching him leave out the corner of her eye before she shifted Kagome's shirt, baring the left side of her neck and shoulder. She dragged her claws against the smooth skin, feeling her mouth water as Kagome took a deep breath. She hastily fixed her clothes, once stroking Kagome's hair before she took a step back.
 
 
`She had wisdom beyond her years,' The woman thought, turning and leaving the room. `To be transported through my barrier---to even penetrate it at all is no easy task. And she was able to resist my previous form.'
 
 
The woman turned the corner and stalked down the stone hallway, flicking her wrists and opening one of the doors that led to a room with nothing but a small well in the middle. She closed the door behind her, glancing into the water and sticking her finger into it, hissing with pain when the water began to burn her finger. “As I thought,” She muttered, grinning despite her throbbing finger. “She holds more power than I thought.”
 
 
She turned and felt a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. In three days, she will drink the blood of the Sacred Princess.
 
 
In three days, she will obtain the power of the Shikon No Tama that the priestess infused with her life force.
 
 
In three days, she will achieve all power.
 
 
8:88::888::88:8
 
Sango awoke with a start as she felt a white hot burn flow through her veins. She gritted her teeth together and doubled over, wrapping her arms around herself. She felt Miroku shift, heard him asking her was everything okay.
 
 
Sweat began to form on her body, pouring down her face, burning her eyes. She heard Miroku swear and jump up before trying to lift her up. Sango tried to stand, until a fresh wave of pain hit her. With a scream of agony she fell to the floor again, writhing and twisting, screaming for Miroku, Kohaku, anyone, to make the pain stop.
 
 
Miroku watched in horror as the symbol on her forehead appeared and her eyes grew dark and dull. She clenched her fist and brought it across Miroku's face, making him fly back. Miroku brought himself to his knees and wiped the blood from his mouth, bewilderment on his face as he dodged one of her kicks. “Sango! Fight it!” He yelled.
 
 
She broke out into a wolfish grin and charged him, gasping when he planted his fist into her stomach. She collapsed on the floor, clutching her stomach. Suddenly, she charged him with a kick to the chest, planting her knees to his chest. She drew her blade and with a lustful licking of her lips, she brought the blade to his neck. Miroku swallowed, blinking when he saw tears streaming down Sango's face, despite the bloodthirsty grin plastered across her face.
 
 
Her hand began to tremble, and her eyes began to flash. “Fight it,” He coaxed. “Don't let it control you.”
 
 
Suddenly, the mat to the hut swung open and Sesshomaru stormed in, taking his hand and bringing it down on top of Sango's head, making her collapse on top of Miroku. Miroku gathered her up and bringing her close to him. He smoothed her hair back and wiped the tears from her face, laying his head on hers. Suddenly, she cried out and she began to thrash against him. Her face twisted in pain, and the mark reappeared on her head.
 
 
“What's happening?” Miroku yelled.
 
 
Then, Kaede burst into the hut, shoving Miroku out of the way and laying Sango out on the floor. “I was afraid of this,” She muttered as she began to undress her. She turned and regarded Miroku and Sesshomaru with desperation. “Go! Out!”
 
 
8:88::888::88:8
 
 
“Lech,” InuYasha called hours later as Sesshomaru appeared with Miroku not too far behind him. Miroku glanced up and waved. Once they met up, they clasped hands, looking at each other with appreciation and a since of relief. “How's it going?”
 
 
Miroku opened his mouth, but caught a glance from Sesshomaru. The meaning was clear. “Fine. Everything's going good.”
 
 
“How's Sango?” InuYasha persisted.
 
 
Miroku flinched and shuffled his feet. “She's great. We're all waiting for you to come back.”
 
 
InuYasha smiled and shifted, feeling something grip the leg of his pants. He moved, not in the least surprised when Kumi moved with him. With a sigh he reached and picked her up, holding her out for Miroku to see. “This is Kumi. She took care of Kagome when she was here.”
 
 
Miroku smiled at Kumi, then looked at InuYasha. “Wait---she's not here?”
 
 
“We don't have time for the chit chat,” Sesshomaru growled, peering over his shoulder. “We have to find Kagome---and quickly, for that matter. Otherwise, things won't ever be the same.”
 
 
InuYasha nodded and tapped Tetsusaiga. He understood what his brother meant. Kagome---the priestess that purified the Shikon No Tama singlehandedly---the priestess who played a major part in the defeat of Naraku. There are those that would try to use her power---her strength for evil purposes---if she Shikon No Tama was still existing. “Wait---we just have to bring her home, right?”
 
Sesshomaru turned and stared InuYasha, his amber eyes flashing at InuYasha's questioning ones. `Amazing.' Sesshomaru thought to himself, remembering how InuYasha was chosen to receive the Sword of Destruction, as well as the fire rat haori---and yet is so ignorant of the truth. “All will be clear,” He told InuYasha. “Now . . . kitsune . . . take us back to the place where you had the vision.”
 
8:88::888::88:8
 
A/N
Sorry this took so long!!!!