InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gold Tinted Moon ❯ Life With Demon ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gold Tinted Moon

**I don't own Inuyasha, if you sue me, all you'd get are my beanie babies. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME, THEY'RE ALL I HAVE!!!**

~Three asterisks (***)denotes a scene or POV change.

CHAPTER 4 :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You didn't! Dang girl, I thought you hated him!"

It had been about a week since Inuyasha ahd arrived at the Higurashi residence. He had fit in as a rather snug part of the family, though Kagome still scolded her parents for taking a homeless man. She was still convinced he would steal something.

Kagome had also taken not of one of his weirder habits, sitting out on the roof of the house, scowling at the moon, as if daring it to attack the home. More specifically, he sat above her room, 'Why mine though? Weirdo.' Despite herself, Kagome blushed, not exactly paying attention to her best friend.

Sango's questioning look suddenly glowed, "Chizz girl, you really DO like him!"

"I do not Sango! And what's with the weird slang? You sound like Souta and all his 'net' talk."

"Sorry," Sango blushed, "it's Kohaku, he's gettin' into that stuff now too. Guess I really do spend too much time with my brother." Indeed Sango cherished her little brother more than any normal sister; perhaps because when he was little he almost suffered an awful fate at the hands of an evil man, but Sango made it a poinit not to think about that anymore. "So, is he a good kisser?"

"SANGO!" Kagome was now seriously beginning to regret telling her friend about what had hapened, but she had to talk to someone about it. In a decidedly small voice, she answered, "Yes, kind of."

Sango, sitting cross-legged on Kagome's bed, put her right index finger to her chin and looked up at the ceiling, as if thinking hard on something, "Awe, there's no shame, he is kinda hot..."

"He is not!" Flames flared to life in Kagome's eyes, "He's cocky, arrogant, and the biggest jerk I've ever known. Plus I still think he's gonna steal something!"

"Now come on, haven't I earned more respect than that? I've helped your dad's biz quite a lot. Plus, I've been here a week and I still have a clean slate."

"There's still time." Both Kagome and Inuyasha had gotten used to both standing in the doorway of the other's room, listening in on the conversation.

Sango, caught up in a fit of giggles, stook and walked over, closing the door, shoving Inuyasha into the hall. Kagome glared ice at her.

"So, you liked it!" Sango's giggles died to s smug smile, "What's wrong? Sure, he's got an attitude problem, but hey, he could be your moon man."

Kagome sighed, she was dreading this observation, "Sango, it's just, well, he's not supposed to look, or act, like Inuyasha. He's supposed to be perfect, and frankly, Inuyasha falls grossly short." While Sango just continued to smile, Kagome took a minute to size her best friend up. Sango was the only person alive she looked to to help her through this whole ordeal with the man waiting for her. Sango never deemed her insane or obsessed, but looked at this as though it were a complete possibility. Kagome's best friend was a firm believer in the supernatural, so that helped; Sango never critisized her, or laughed, but listened, or at least appeared to.

"Hey, you know I only want the best for you. Plus, you haven't said anything about your spirit since Inu-chan came."

Kagome blinked, "I-I haven't?"

Sango shook her head, catching a glimpse of the clock perched on Kagome's bedsidetable, "Crap, mom wanted me home half an hour ago! Oh well, we can walk and talk."

***

Once at Sango's home, she and Kagome picked back up their conversation, "Well, he was supposed to wear white and silver, silver eyes, but Inuyasha wears red....which really doesn't look THAT bad, and his eyes are amber colored."

Sango caught a hint of wistful bliss in Kagome's voice, she was falling hard, they were both falling hard for eachother in the worst way possible, at least in Sango's opinion. If only she could get them together, buth how? Oh how devious she'd have to be, good thing she was the calm, level headed one. Kagome always freaked out about everything.

*Ring*

Kagome picked up her cell phone, her mother's voicee sounded on the other end, "Kagome dear, Inuyasha is coming to pick you up. He told us you had gone to Sango's and it's getting late."

"Mom, you're letting him use the car?!"

In a scolding voice, her mother answered, "Kagome, learn to trust Inuyasha! You father's just given him a promotion. And to think, he's only twenty-one!"

"Mother please."

"Well, you heard me, put a little trust in him."

"So he's comin to pick you up eh? What time?" Sango nudged Kagome smirking, who in turn, scowled and stepped away from Sango.

"I'm gonna start walkin'."

"But I thought Inuyasha was coming?"

"All the more reason to start walking! Bye Sango!" Stepping out the front door, Kagome waved to Sango, who was about to protest and say it wasn't safe, but stopped hersef.

'What's the worst that can happen?'

***

"You mean that wench left?!"

Sango stepped back a little at the harsh voice and growl coming from Inuyasha, "I don't think you should speak that way about Kagome in front of her best friend."

Inuyasha raised his hands, unsure exactly of what he was going to do, but not having much time to fully process the thought before Sango grabbed his wrist and twisted it sharply.

"Ah! B****!"

Sango grinned, "Yes, she started walking and now I see why."

"You stupid idiot! Someone's after Kagome!"

"What? What for?" The news caught her off guard, and Sango's mind didn't quite process it all.

"Argh, come on, I'll tell you on the way."

***

"You see, Kagome is a decendant of a very powerful priestess, Kikyo. Now as you know, a demon lives for a long time-"

"Duh, now tell me the important stuff."

"Shut up girl! Do you want to heal this all or not? Anyway, Kikyo had a poweful weapon, Shikon no Tama. Naraku, some big-shot evil demon wanted it, he'd kill for it, and did. As her last request, she asked me to protect Kagome when she came of the age to weild the Shikon no Tama. Then Kikyo sealed the jewel inside of her soul, which was reborn in Kagome."

"So what happened?"

Inuyasha looked at her strangely, "What do you mean? I stayed alive until now to protect Kagome until she was old enough to realize and use her true power. Unfortunately, Naraku survived as well. He really wants that thing. If anyone's gonna get it, it'll be me"

"Unfortunately he didn't count on you falling in love with Kagome did he? And neither did you."

"What are you talking about? I don't fall in love with junior high kids."

"Kagome is just about to graduate high school. She's ninteen and you know that."

Inuyasha looked at her as if he didn't know what she was talking about and Sango rolled her eyes. "You know that any self-respecting demon would never touch another's mate."

"Since when did I mate with her?!?!?!?!"

Sango grinned, "You two kissed, exchanging scents. Your scent is all over her, and so it is with you. Soon as Naraku gets a wiff of that, he'll back off."

"First off, I've 'touched' other girls before-"

"But never with the intention of love!" Sango's grin widened in triumph.

"AND SECOND...Naraku's no self-respecting demon! He's evil, plain and simple. He couldn't care less who Kagome's mate was, so long as he gets that jewel."

Sango growled, "If he lays a hand on Kagome I'll-" she cut herself off when she noticeed Inuyasha gripping the wheels o tight, his knuckles were white, 'He's growling, so, Kagome really is his mate, oh no."

"He's got her." The car they were riding in did a rapid U-turn and sped off twice as fast in the opposite direction, then turned down a side street.

***

Kagome walked down the street mummbling to herself, "Stupid demon! Thinks he can rule my life. He hasn't even been living in my house a month and now he's taken over everything. Dropping in on my conversations, looking like-"

"Ugh, you reek of him, insulting."

Kagome whirled around to see a man staring at her with an utterly disgusted gleam in his dark, onyx eyes. "Can I help you?" She addressed the stranger with just as much disgust in her voicee.

Kagome gave him a once-over, his long, crimped and wavy black hair was pulled back into a ponytail at the base of his neck. His face was that of to-die-for handsome, but it held in it an evil intention. Kagome suddenly didn't feel comfortable around this man. His attire was simple, all black; so much so taht Kagome couldn't tell if it was all one piece or not. His pale face stood out quite well actually.

Suddenly struck with a sense of imminent danger, Kagome backed up, ready to retreat if need be.

The stranger grinned widely, Kagome blinked, she thought she had seen a fleck of blue flash in his dark eyes, "W-who are you?"

"Why, I"m the spirit of your moon Kagome."

While Kagome gasped at the mere thought, Naraku took the opportunity uto pin her against a wall, holding her arms above her head, whispering in her ear, he grinned, "I am Naraku, demon of the dark side." He pulled away grinning wider as he watched Kagome struggle, 'I love being in control, her scent will be fixed with a bath and my blood.'

"Gr, you lie, let me go you freak!" Kagome spat in Naraku's face.

He ignored this and grinned, "You really do smell lovely over that disgusting odor of half-breed."

Kagome's face went to that of hatred then horror, "Oh no....no please!"

"Have you ever flown Kagome?" Before she could answer, Naraku flung her over his shoulder and lept up into the air. Kagome was able to utter one thing, she screamed, "INUYASHA!" Tears spilled from her eyes.

***

Sango held ontot he arm rest on the door as Inuyasha sped down road after road. Suddenly, two wet drops hit the windshield, "It's raining but I see no clouds."

Inuyasha slammed on the breaks, making Sango screech and the car jrek violently. Once it stopped, Sango jumped out and began screaming, not caring who was staring, "What do you think you were doing?!?!?! You could've killed both of us! What good would that have done Kagome?!"

Inuyasha grabbed Sango and threw her on his back, "Now we travel by air." Much to Sango's chargin, he leapt into the air, following the mixed scent trail of Naraku and Kagome. 'Disgusting.' Inuyasha made a strong attempt to just concentrate on Kagome's scent.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
a/n: finally all done with ch 4. chapter five will come out much quicker i promise, but this one was long! r&r!