InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gold Tinted Moon ❯ Trapped Numb ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gold Tinted Moon

**I don't own Inuyasha, if you sue me, all you'd get are my beanie babies. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME, THEY'RE ALL I HAVE!!!**

~Three asterisks (***)denotes a scene or POV change.

CHAPTER 5:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>

Shrouded in darkness, except for about twenty candles arranged in a tight circle around her, a subdued Kagome sat. Her face was emotionless, her body language giving away nothing of the raging soul inside. On her face was marking in blood, a red line rulling across both of her cheeks. A similar red mark ran horiztonally across her neck and wrists. Kagome was garbed in all black, giving off the glow of her pale face in the dim room, to give the illusion that she was the living dead.

Naraku stood in front of her smiling widely, "Now Kagome, you will be beautiful." Kagome's head, despite the commands she gave it, could only nod.

Inside, Kagome felt as if she were slowly dying. All instints told her to get up and run, far away, but her legs simple would not move; none of her body would unless Naraku commanded it. 'It must be these markings!' Kagome stuggled inside her mind to move something, anything, mainly her legs.

To Kagome's immediate surprise, she had found Naraku had extinguished all but one very bright candle, most likely sometime when she was thinking. His face was mere centimeters from her own. She panicked, 'No! He's not gonna kiss me! This isn't happeneing!' Mentally, Kagome closed her eyes tightly and waited for the worst to come. Something happened however, a white light flashed before her, and as if led by some mystical forcee, her hand raised up and smacked Naraku hard across the face, sending him reeling across the room. She looked down at her hand, now able to move her body, "I can move. Not the body part I'd hoped for, but at least it got my point across."

Naraku wiped blood away from his chin as he stood and glared down at Kagome, "Fire, I'll go about getting my jewel, vur now, this will cost your life, idiot."

"Why does everyone cal me that? I happen to be very smart and know what I'm doing!"

"Shut up!" Naraku forced his hand onto her chest, just below her collarbone. "Ready to die girl?"

Suddenly, a young woman with long, dark hair, bearing the attire of a priestess, flung a door on the black walls open. Naraku turned immediately to her, "I told you NOT to interrupt me woman!"

"Just thought you'd like to know your friends are here sire," she said cockily, smirking at him.

Kagome took this opportunity to twist Naraku's arm at an abnormal angle, causing him to scream out in surprise and pain. She got up and headed for the door, only to be met by the priestess.

"Oh no you don't little girl." By some special power endowned priests and priestesses, the woman was able to cummon a ball of glowing blue energy, intended to be a barrier to trap Kagome inside. Unfortunately, Kagome had discovered a presence inside her body, a power of her own, and with a simple yet frantic block manuever, she was able to send the ball flying back at the priestess. Waisting no time, Kagome bolted out of the room, into dark hallways, turning down as many as she could find.

***

'He really does smell Kagome. It must be taking everything he's got not to just lash out and kill someone. I almost don't feel safe, demons are vicious creatures; it's a good thing he's only half-demon."

Once again, Inuyasha jerked to a stop atop a rather tall building. "Inuyasha, what is with you and these stops, are you-"

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, however, we really must get down to business Inuyasha, there are some things you-"

Inuyasha interrupted the stranger Sango immediately categorized as a monk, "Where's the miko monk?" Sango recoiled, why was he being so rude to one the ancient monks? Although he did look young, and seemed to know Inuyasha. Sango shrugged and dismissed it as even more confusion.

The man looked slightly disgusted but smiled all the same, somewhat deviously at Sango, however, Inuyasha caught him

"Keep your lecherous mind on track Miroku! Where's Kagome?"

"Naraku has her." Miroku's face went somber.

"Tell me something I don't know! Does Naraku know you're here?"

"By now, probably. But putting that aside, I have discovered that there is another way to remove the jewel Kagome-sama carries inside her."

"Really?!" Inuyasha appeared, in all respects, happy.

Miroku betrayed no signs of sadness, "However, it involves her death. I told you Inuyasha, she is too young. And-"

"Enough! We have to save her. I'll leave the jewel in if I have to."

"Inuyasha, listen and do not interrupt, you must know Kikyo lives."

"She WHAT?!"

Miroku was unfazed by the screech, "However, she is not what she used to be. Her soul is corrupted and works for Naraku now. If you see her, be not distracted by her deception." Inuyasha nodded somberly, if not regretfully.

"Then you go now," Miroku tapped him on the shoulder with the staff he carried, and Inuyasha was gone, leaving Sango to fall down onto the roof of the building, completely shocked into speechlessness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: told ya I'd have this one done soon! Lol, yeah, it was shorter too, but that's ok, as long as you like it! thank you all so much for reviews, any questions/comments/reviews all welcome to be left! ta for now!