InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gold Tinted Moon ❯ Minor Complications ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gold Tinted Moon

**I don't own Inuyasha, if you sue me, all you'd get are my beanie babies. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME, THEY'RE ALL I HAVE!!!**

~Three asterisks (***)denotes a scene or POV change.

CHAPTER 6:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. What's-Your-Face, where did he go?"

Miroku dusted himself off and regarded Sango, "My name would be Miroku my beauty. Inuyasha simply went to fetch Kagome before she is killed."

"Killed?!" Sango's eyes went wide and she squeaked, "But, but . . . Miroku! We have to do something! Please!" Sango was practically crying.

Miroku nodded, "On one condition." A dramatic silence decended as Sango leaned in, waiting for the condition while the monk seemed to be meditating, "You bear my children."

*SMACK*

"You idiot! How can you think of something like that at a time like this?!"

"So, you are considering it?"

"Baka, just get us there!" Sango had him by the collar of his blue and black robes.

Miroku grew serious once more and closed his eyes, chanting something Sango couldn't understand. He raised his staff in the air and slammed it back down onto the ground. A bright light started pulsating in waves underneath them, Miroku then grabbed Sango's hand. At first, she was a little put back and almost lay Miroku flat, but then she began to feel the ground fall away from her, she clung tight to Miroku trying to call out but finding she had no voice. Miroku only smiled, unfazed by the sudden occurrence.

***

Kagome wound her way through seemingly endless hallways. Was this one of Naraku's tricks? 'There's no way! Naraku cannot be him! I love that spirit, not him. What's going on here? What does Naraku want that could kill me?' Tears fell from Kagome's eyes as she thought more and more about what had all-of-a-sudden occurred. More tears flowed as she realized all she had were questions. Blindly, she ran faster, not caring any more who found her.

*CRASH*

Kagome fell backward holding her nose and sobbing slightly, "Ouch!"

Someone grasped her shoulders and hefted her upright. She struggled fiercely but found the man holding her was stronger than she thought. Something about his gentle, but firm, grip she recognized. Slowly, she calmed down, ready to look at her capture's face. She didn't have to look farther than his crimson, baggy shirt and smell the indescribably musty odor of the person before she knew who he was.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome screeched and hugged him close to her, relieved to have a familiar face in the dark hole.

Inuyasha smiled for a moment and embraced her a minute, allowing himself to be lost in her escense. His nose suddenly turned up and he scowled in disgust, pushing Kagome away, but holding her at arms' length. "You were with him?!"

Kagome was taken aback and shocked at the sudden burst, "What?"

"It's disgusting. You reek of Naraku everywhere!" Kagome blushed when Inuyasha began sniffing her. "You almost don't smell like yourself."

"Well," Kagome began, kicking him away from her, "I was a little incapacitated for a while! I couldn't move, who knows what he could-" Kagome snapped her mouth shut and bulged her eyes in horror at what she almost said, "No! Please, Inuyasha, tell me he didn't!"

Inuyasha couldn't help but feel an intense pang of fear and guilt, could Naraku really have been that evil?

Kagome latched onto Inuyasha desperately. Despite the smell on her, Inuyasha held her close, trying desperately to cling to the Kagome he once knew.

"I never told you to protect her!" The priestess Kikyou emerged from the shadows, bearing half of a grin and half a frown, giving her face an unfitting evil appearance. "I merely asked you to protect the Shikon no Tama Inuyasha, until I was able to take it back." Her face darkened.

"Kikyou, no, how could you do this?"

"What? Be with Naraku? Well, he gave me life again, and you must know the Great Weapon belongs in the hands of a priestess, Naraku was simply and easy way to find the girl. Surely you will not let this girl hold the fate of this life, give her to me."

"Yes," Naraku's sinister voice emerged beside Kikyou's form, "give us the girl." He emphasized the 'us', "Then Inuyasha, I will grant you back Kikyou, you two can pick up where you left off."

Kagome stepped back and looked at them all, each glancing at her, wanting something from her. Naraku and Kikyou wanting the jewel for themselves, Inuyasha wanting it for Kikyou, "I, I was such an idiot, to think I-" Kagome whispered to herself. Truths began to set in as what little light there was in this place blurred as she looked from one person to the other.

"Come now girl, you are mine!" Naraku held out his hand. Suddenly, Kagome's face and wrists began to burn with a searing pain. "Give me your soul Kagome!"

Inuyasha gasped gritting his teeth, "The enchantment of dominion, that explains her smell."

"Yes, yes! It is beginning!" Kikyou's eyes were wide with anticipation.

***

Kagome's body began to change, her form still staying as it was, but her eyes changed to a pale pink color, her clothes melted away to reveal iridescent skin. Not long after, Kagome's whole body was taken over by this strange cover. Her iridescent hair flowed in the breeze of the pale pink aura. Her eyes, all of her features, now appeared to be under a skin-tight cover.

"KAGOME!" Inuyasha attempted to make a dash at her but was stopped when Naraku reached her first. Grabbing her around the waist, he held a dagger to her throat, "The Shikon no Tama is mine!" However, Kikyou gasped as she saw the body of Kagome glow a violent blue.

Naraku screamed as he attempted to back up.

"You all have used me, valuing a simple weapon over a life. You all are evil and must pay retribution for your crimes!" Kagome's lips did not move.

All present gasped terrified as the body flew darker blue. The aura surrounded Naraku, who had been unable to retreat from his position close to Kagome. "Naraku, you own me no more! You, I banish your soul away from the farthest reaches of this world, into that of the Nether!"

Naraku again screamed in agony as he felt himself collapsing into himself, his very soul being torn apart.

With the echos of Naraku's last screams ringing through the halls, Kagome's body turned toward Inuyasha and Kikyou who stood now terrified.

'W-without a second thought! The true power of the Shikon no Tama.'

"KAGOME!" Sango raced in, tears blinding her vision.

"S-Sango?" For one second, Kagome's eyes flashed their natural blue color.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: new one up! oooo climax! well, now that i have the internet back, maybe i'll have the next chapter up, but i warn u all, i'm pretty busy w/school and such so it may not be right away, but i promise it'll be up soon!