InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye Kikyou ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own. . . wait. . . hold on . . . I'm going to remember eventually . . . umm OH! OH YES! OF COURSE . . . NOTHING
 
AN: A One Shot
 
Goodbye Kikyou
 
 
 
Standing in front of a carefully made grave-stone was a young girl. Her usually youthfully jovial features marred by a solemn look as she held desperately onto her older sister's bow. The only thing left to remember her by. At seven she was alone, and the only miko in her village. Though she could have easily held contempt towards her older sister, Kaede bowed respectfully, and walked away from Kikyou's grave…leaving behind a small bouquet of wildflowers...
 
 
“Goodbye Kikyou, my older sister.”
 
 
<HR>
 
 
Kagura and Naraku's other incarnations were rarely left alone. But at the same time of the year, every year, they were expected to stay behind as Naraku went off. Growing ever more rebellious in her captivity Kagura followed Naraku this time. Followed him to the grave of the Miko Kikyou, where he was now kneeling. Instead of the usual sadistic placidity of his features Naraku had taken on a pained expression as he lovingly fingered the stone.
 
 
“Goodbye Kikyou, my obsession.”
 
 
<HR>
 
Feeling the pierce of death sting her once again Kikyou walked to the last place where she had ever been at peace...the last place that she had been herself. Despite her best efforts Naraku had finally gotten the best of her, finally gotten rid of her. As she lay down on the cold earth that she had once resided in she murmured a soft farewell.
 
 
“Goodbye Kikyou, my true self.”
 
 
<HR>
 
 
A beautiful young woman stood in front of the unmarked grave holding the hand of her mate…the hand of her true love. The Inu-Hanyou bent down and placed a single white rose on top of the dusty mound of dirt as the cool metropolis air blew through the remainders of Inuyasha's Forest. As soon as the blossom touched the ground a few petals began to fall, and he felt a gentle touch on his shoulder as he looked up to the eyes of the woman he loved.
 
 
After hearing of Kikyou's death he had gone on a rampage of anger, calmed only by the voice of Kagome. After the sorrow, there was the feeling of relief…of a great weight being lifted off his shoulders after years of regret and pain. After the difficulty of defeating Naraku he was still there, Kagome was still there. With him were what he had come to know as his pack…his family. Soon after their quest was over things had settled down. Miroku had married Sango and they had many healthy heirs. Kagome had made a wish to be a Hanyou and she and Inuyasha lived in the cottage he had built near The Goshin Boku. Along with them lived the young Kitsune pup, and their family grew and flourished with the years.
 
 
Now for the first time in nearly 50 decades he stood in front of her grave. He hadn't had the courage, the heart to visit it before. But there he was, with his mate saying goodbye to the woman that introduced a world of love and betrayal to him. His gaze moved adoringly to Kagome, her grey-blue eyes soft as they looked at him. Kikyou and Kagome shared the same soul it was true. But their ways were so different, that he felt no regret, knowing that he had moved on and fallen in love again, this time with someone who never saw him as a Hanyou or a demon…but just as…Inuyasha. Turning he wrapped his arm around his Kagome and the two walked away into the Higurashi Shrine.
 
 
“Goodbye Kikyou”
 
 
AN: Review.