InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye to You ❯ My Immortal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes: And the next installment to the one shot, which is no longer a one shot, that probably had everyone shaking their fists in anger at the insufferable angst. (... ... ... ...) Ok, may be not INSUFFERABLE angst, but it was still angsty as hell! Anyways, hope you guys like this one and... just read the damn thing!

Disclaimer: *Blink* What?! Do I look like I own Inuyasha!? Psh! Reader, please! Own it I do not, that's for sure.

~Goodbye to You~

:::Part Two: My Immortal:::

Kagome sighed as she stared up at her bedroom ceiling in absolute boredom, trying to recall all the assignments she had to finish up for university.

It had been one year since that fateful night under the star-filled sky in which she had bid Inuyasha goodbye. One year...

Had it only been a year? It seemed like so much longer in her eyes.

The pain hadn't lessened one bit, just like she knew it wouldn't have. The empty spot in her broken heart only served to remind her this each and every day she was in her time.

Kagome still dreamed about him. Longed for him to hold her. Hoped that he would come stomping along, shouting at her for taking so long on the other side of the well, only to drag her back to the Sengoku Jedai while she protested heatedly.

Not that it would happen, but still. A girl could dream right?

Right.

But even though her heart longed for him, her head screamed otherwise. Always wishing that his image would leave her in peace.

Kagome always seemed to be plagued by old memories that should have been erased from her busy mind. With college, work and her family she shouldn't have time to think about him of all people.

So how is it that her heart always managed to find time?

Yet... she couldn't deny one thing.

She wanted to go back.

Oh yes, she really wanted to go back.

How she wished...

I'm so tired of being here.

Suppressed by all my

Childish fear,

And if you have to leave...

I wish that you would just leave!

Cause your presence still lingers here...

No matter how hard she wished though...

She was still alone.

Still haunted by a memory that wouldn't go away.

And it won't leave me alone!

The scars were deeply etched in her heart... they always would be.

These wounds don't seem to heal!

After a year of being away, that much was obvious.

There's just too much that time cannot erase-

And even after all those realizations, she still believed what he did to her wasn't fair.

She had healed his wounds; inside and out!

She had come to him whenever he called out in pain, not Kikyou!

She had suffered for and WITH him!

But he still loved another.

Cherished another.

Never her...

Never her.

When you cried, I'd

Wipe away all of your tears.

When you screamed, I'd

Fight away all of your fears.

And I held your hand through all of these years,

But you still have...

It wasn't like that to Kagome though. In the end, Inuyasha would always have...

All of me.

But that hadn't mattered to him. And no matter how much she wished she could hate them both...

She couldn't.

Inside her heart, she only wished them happiness. Care. Love.

That's all she had ever really wanted for him anyways.

Love.

Yet, that didn't really help her situation any now did it? She was still as miserable as the day she had found out that she actually loved the bastard.

What a trip.

Don't get her wrong, it took her awhile to accept the fact that she had truly, wholly, a hundred percent sure of it, loved only him. In fact, she had only thought her affection to be a crush in the beginning. Like every other normal teenage girl, she had her version of 'Prince Charming', and being with Inuyasha certainly wasn't her idea of 'happily ever after'.

But then she had gone and did the stupidest thing she could have done in that situation.

She got to know him.

And before she could even stop and save herself years of misery and torment-

She had fallen for him.

Hard.

You used to captivate me

By your resonating mind,

Now I'm bound by the life you left behind...

It was pure torture, simple as that.

Self inflicted torture, but torture none the less.

What hurt the most though, out of everything that he had put her through, was the way he had reacted that night.

He hadn't even TRIED to stop her!

A slight struggle sure. But did he try to grab onto her hand? Call out her name? Go through the well to get her back?

No.

He probably didn't even think about her... didn't even dream about her like she did of him. Hell, he probably didn't even like her!

He hated her, and that fact hurt most of all.

Yes, he was probably happy beyond belief that she was gone.

He got everything he wanted in the end, while she...

She got nothing.

Your face, it haunts...

My once pleasant dreams.

Your voice, it chased away...

All the sanity in me!

She only had the scars to remind her of their time together...

These wounds don't seem to heal,

The unrelenting hurt he bestowed upon her...

The pain is just too real,

The shattered remains of her poor heart he had crushed so unwittingly.

There's just too much that time cannot erase-

Silent tears crawled down her porcelain cheeks as Kagome once again locked her emotions away in her heart.

Inuyasha would always have her heart though.

Always.

When you cried, I'd

Wipe away all of your tears.

When you screamed, I'd

Fight away all of your fears.

And I held your hand through all of these years,

But you still have...

And in the end, it wouldn't be just her heart he held.

No.

He had...

All of me.

He wasn't with her though.

He never would be.

I tried so hard to tell myself that your gone.

It was kind of hard to accept considering she basically thought about him each day.

It was almost like he was still with her some how.

And though you're still with me...

In her dreams especially... he never seemed to go away.

But now, in reality... she knew-

I've been alone all along!

Kagome shook her head in distress. She couldn't take anymore of this! She loved him. ADORED him!

May be not worshipped him, but close enough to it right?

She had to see him. If only for a second. If only for a moment...

Even if the sight that greeted her would stomp on the shattered pieces of her once unbroken heart, even if he ended up not being there at all, she had to know. She had to see.

She would never get any peace otherwise.

Kagome didn't exactly know HOW she would get back, but she would. No matter what!

She wanted to see him smile, may be even say hello...

Ok, may be not say hello, but just a glimpse of him would satisfy her heart's desire at this point.

And oh, how she missed her family.

Her sister Sango... her brother Miroku... her son Shippou...

Kagome didn't even hesitate at the thought of seeing her family again as she jumped out of her bed and ran down the stairs and sprinting towards the well house.

She knew she was going on a leap of faith without the shards, but somehow... she KNEW the well would let her pass through. Call it miko instinct, but she wouldn't let go of that small sliver of hope her heart had grasped onto.

Today was the day she'd see his face, and nothing would stop her.

For one moment, the past was the past. Those times in which he hurt her so carelessly did not matter in her mind. She just... wanted to see him so badly...

When you'd cried, I'd

Wipe away all of your tears.

When you'd scream, I'd

Fight away all of your tears.

And I held your hand through all of these years,

But you still have...

As Kagome sat on the lip of the well, she summoned up all of the courage and strength she could muster. This would be hard... but she would be strong once more.

She didn't know what she would find on the other side of the well, but she had to tell Inuyasha one last thing.

And with that thought, Kagome jumped off the ledge and closed her eyes, letting the familiar blue light surround her every limb.

'He has to know, he will always have...'

All of me...