InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye to You ❯ Faint ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author’s notes: Oh... the next part of ‘Goodbye to You’. Yay! And if you really like this little mini-saga, check out my fic on ff.net! It’s called ‘What’s Being a Demon Got to do With it?’ And if you read it, yes, I’m planning on updating soon! Promise! (Shameless plug! lol!)

Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha, Inu and Kag would have gotten together at this point, but alas! I am only a poor, teenage mediocre writer. I also do not own ‘Faint’ by Linkin Park. Shame on me.   Goodbye to You Part Six: Faint  

 

 

The moon glimmered high above the sky, its milky shine encasing everything in its protective blanket of mysterious light.

Well... almost everything.

High above the ground, just below the bright orb lain one lone figure, discreetly obscured by the branches of the Goshimboku. The dark colors of the ancient tree melded together, shrouding the figure in the tree to the point of invisibility with its comforting darkness. The only color that truly betrayed the sly presence was the bright red that almost seemed to peek through the branches...

“It’s done.”

Golden eyes narrowed slightly as they stared deeply into a rich, pink surface. The small orb felt smooth to his touch, but he was not deceived by the jewel’s presence.

How could something so small, mean so much?

Well, that didn’t matter anymore. He had finally gotten what he had worked so hard to get.

Yet... I am Little bit of loneliness, A little bit of disregard, A handful of complaints-

He had a plan.

Yes, as strange as it sounded, Inuyasha himself had actually come up with a plan.

And it didn’t include becoming demon.

It had been six months since Kagome had gone, and things had gone by a lot slower than he had calculated. Or maybe it was just the simple fact that Kagome was no longer here that made everything seem to go by so slow...

But that didn’t matter. She wasn’t here, and there was obviously no point in delving in that right this moment...

No matter how much it obviously hurt him. But I can’t help the fact That everyone can see these scars.

He was still as distant as ever. Maybe even more so. He didn’t really notice.

All that mattered to him was commencing his plan and doing what he could to make sure Kagome was back here...

Where she BELONGED!

Didn’t matter if his heart got just a little colder each day. That his friends backed off a little more whenever he was around.

She was the only one who could ever warm his heart once again.

She was the only one would never back off from him.

She was the only one who had ever believed in him.

How could he not miss her? I am What I want you to want, What I want you to feel-

Yet in the end... But it’s like

Would she come back? No matter what I do

Because she was the one who would have to decide to come back...


Not him. I can’t convince you To believe this is real.

He wasn’t going to lie-

He loved the stupid, idiotic wench.

But if she never came back... So I let go-

If she decided that he wasn’t even worth the effort... Watching you Turn your back like you always do;

That in her eyes, he didn’t even exist... Face away and pretend I’m not...

He would accept it subconsciously.

But... But I’ll be here  

He would always stay right here, for the simple fact- Cause you’re all I got.

She’s was his everything. And that was that.

Actually, Inuyasha wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t come back at all.

Hell, he wouldn’t even blame her if she didn’t.

After all the shit he put her through... he didn’t deserve her. She deserved someone so much better... someone who could give her the world...

And so much more. I am A little bit insecure, A little unconfident,

But he would wait for her anyway.

Damn it, did he hate that fucking emotion called hope!

He would only wait because of the fact that she had said she loved him, and he had seen the truth in her eyes...

Along with the pain and anguish which also kept them apart, but hey, life wasn’t perfect.

One thought had disturbed him however. One little detail that had not really crossed his mind until now.

If she doesn’t have the jewel, how will she get back?

Umm... Cause you don’t understand! I’m doing what I can.

By the... uh... the well? But sometimes...

He got it!!!

Jumping w/jewel + Well=Sengoku Jedai

Right???

Maybe... hmm...

Miko energy^2(love) + Jumping + Well=Sengoku Jedai!!!!

^.^ I don’t make sense.

Ok...

That was stupid.

So what?!

He was going crazy damn it!

She had to come home soon. He just couldn’t function when she wasn’t around. But anyways, he digressed.

Now, he had tried to go through the well himself, but whatever force that had separated them to begin with, had really wanted them to stay that way.

He had even tried to wish the well to be re-opened again.

Obviously that hadn’t gone to well.

But he didn’t know how... he just knew... I am What you never want to say But I’ve never had a doubt

She would come back.

Sooner or later, she would come back.

Now... for the jewel...

For his sanity.

Maybe if she had given him a chance to speak, it wouldn’t have had to come to this... But it’s like No matter what I do  

Was she that scared of what he would say? I can’t convince you For once to just hear me out.

Or more precisely, what he would do... So I let go

Although he did always suspect that if he had been of sound mind, he wouldn’t have taken it all that great.

More like arguments galore.

But if only he could get his mind out of those memories...

If only he could stop seeing her walking away in his mind.   Watching you Turn your back like you always do.

Did she even think about him?

Hmm...

Probably not. Face away and pretend I’m not...

Not that that would stop him from thinking about her.

Hell, him still being there proved that point didn’t it?! But I’ll be here

She was his everything... Cause you’re all I got.

Inuyasha rolled his amber eyes and jumped out of the Goshimboku. Might as well stop stalling.

Holding out the hand that held the Shikon no tama, Inuyasha opened his mouth to say the words that would change his life forever-

“Inuyasha.”

Inuyasha turned around and blinked as he turned around and came face to face with...

Kikyou.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::

“And???”

Inuyasha looked down at the young girl in his arms and shook his head in exasperation.

“And what, Kagome?”

“What happened next?! You can’t just leave the story hanging like that!”

Inuyasha sighed before plopping down on the ground, all the while rearranging the young girl onto his lap. He gave the young woman in his lap a frustrating glance before rolling his now lilac eyes.

“Hmm... well I don’t know...”

“Inuyasha! What do you mean, you don’t know?”

The former hanyou sighed once again as he looked up at the starry filled sky.

‘What can I say to make her understand? Things are different now...’ I can't feel
The way I did before-
 

“Does it really matter Kagome? I mean, I’m here now aren’t I? Keh.”

Kagome pouted before getting up out of his grip. A frown marred Inuyasha’s features as the young girl began to walk away from him without a single word.

‘Oh, HELL no!’ Don’t turn your back on me,  

“Kagome!” I won’t be ignored.  

Inuyasha caught up with the miko in large strides before grabbing her hand in anger and spinning her around.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?!”

A look of pure shock replaced the pout from Kagome’s face as she stared up the rage filled countenance that glowered down upon her. But what really caught the girl’s eye was the one emotion that not even any type of anger could ever cover up.

Fear. Time won’t heal This damage anymore.  

“I-Inuyasha?”

Kagome stuttered his name out in shock, a bit stunned by the now obvious revelation.

He thought she was going to leave him again.

“You can be angry. You can be sad. Hell, you could be fucking frustrated, but Kagome... you will not turn away from me! No, NEVER AGAIN!” Don’t turn your back on me- I won’t be ignored.  

Kagome’s azure eyes widened to the point of falling out. Did she... did she really hurt him this bad?

‘Yet, as bad as I feel, I can’t help but feel a bit justified. How many times has he turned his back on me in the past? How many times has he tried to run me out of the Sengoku Jedai? How many times...’

Kagome’s anger built up little by little, each act of stupidity the boy in front of her committed once again coming out of the closet.

“And how many times have you turned your back on me Inuyasha? Have you ever thought of that?”

Inuyasha loosened his grip just a bit as the remark hit home, but not enough for her to be able to get out of it completely.

Actually, instead of actually getting him to think about his actions, it seemed her words had done just the opposite. No, Hear me out now.  

“Don’t you dare try to turn this around on me Kagome.”

Inuyasha snarled in pure rage before his grip tightened to the point of pain. Before Kagome could say another word however, he pulled her entire body to him and held him against himself as he stared down into her cobalt eyes. You’re gonna listen to me  

“You just don’t get it, huh?”

Inuyasha’s frown slowly turned into a smile, but this smile was not a grin of comfort. Like it or not  

“You really don’t have a choice in this matter. You’re gonna listen to me-” Right now!