InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hardly There ❯ Three Peices of the Jewel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Well, here's my new Inuyasha story. I got tired of my writer's block on my Rayearth story, Unrolling the Future. Plus this idea has been rolling around in my head for quite awhile.

Summary: A/U Kagome, Sango, and Rin are three Junior High girls who gets dared into going into the creepy abandoned old house across the school and bring back something. While they're exploring, they encounter three ghosts that date back to the Sangoku Jidai. IY/K M/S S/R

Hardly There

by Kumori Ryuuzaki

Chapter One: Three Peices of the Jewel

Kagome, for a reason unknown to her, had always hated the rain. She had no idea why, but whenever it was raining, she couldn't help but loathe the littl eraindrops that fell from the sky.

Still, her hate for rain didn't stop her from looking out her window next to her desk and start thinking. She couldn't get a pair of amber eyes from her head. She had no idea why, or where it came from, but it just happened one morning.

And it was rather disturbing that she felt sympathy for the eyes.

"Kagome-chan? Kagome-chan?"

Kagome was snapped back into reality when her friend, Sango, shook her. "Huh-wha? Sango-chan?"

Sango heaved a sigh. "Kagome-chan, this is the reason why you're failing math so badly. Kago-would you stop daydreaming, dammit!!!"

But Kagome was listening to Sango, the far away look once again took place in her eyes. She couldn't help if she was daydreaming! It wasn't her fault math was horribly boring beyond words! Heck, it was more boring than that.

"ARGH!" Sango screamed, waving her arms around fustrated.

"Sango-chan," Rin said softly. "Don't worry. You should know by know all Kagome-cahn does is daydream when she's supposed to be studying and learning."

"I know, but..." Sango trailed off when Mrs. Higurashi opened the door to the room.

"Are you girls alright?" the older woman asked, worry etched into her tone. "I thought I heard Sango from downstairs."

"Ah, gomen nasai," Sango said, her cheeks slightly pink. "I just got fustrated with Kagome-chan and her daydreaming..."

"It's okay," Mrs. Higurashi said, smiling. "It does get irrating, doesn't it?"

"Hai," Sango replied, and Rin nodded.

"When you guys are done studying, you wouldn't mind cleaning the attic a bit?" Mrs. Higurashi asked. "I really don't expect you to-"

Kagome zoomed out the door, past her mother, and was already working her way up the ladder to the attic. Sango and Rin abandoned their homework and followed Kagome. Anything was better than doing homework and studying!

When Sango first saw the attic, all she could do was stare. It was rather large, and neat with boxes pushed off to the sides. It's only problem was it was dusty.

"It's pretty neat," Rin commented. "Why do we need to clean?"

"Maybe we're dusting," Sango replied, looking closely at her surroundings. "Sure could use it."

"Nah, we're just getting rid of some junk," Kagome said. "Oooh, pretty!"

Rin and Sango looked over Kagome's shoulder to see a pretty pink jewel, perfectly round and quite shiny. It was attached to what looked like a necklace with teeth.

"What is that?" Rin asked, resisting the urge to poke the thing.

"I dunno, but isn't it pretty?" Kagome gushed. She lifted it higher and the jewel then broke into three peices. "Oops."

"It broke," Sango stated, picking up a peice, which felt as hard as a rock. "How though? It's pretty tough."

"Maybe it broke before, and it was pourly put back together?" Kagome suggested.

Sango rolled her eyes. "Unlikely, but the best idea we got. Hey, do you think we could keep it? I mean, there's three peices..."

Kagome shrugged. "Maybe..."

"Ooh, look what I found!" Rin called a few yards away. She yanked a miko garb out from a box. "I think it's your size, Kagome!"

"A miko garb?" Sango said, taking the clothing from Rin. "Do you have mikos in your family, Kagome?"

Kagome shook her head. "Not that I know of."

"Ooh, look at this pretty painting!" Sango exclaimed, showing the girls the scroll with a painting on it.

The girls' minds were off of the garb, and they didn't notice it disappeared when they turned away.

~*~

Kagome, Sango, and Rin were all walking to the shrine the next day after school, but not before Yuka, Ayumi, and Eri caught up with them.

"Kagome-chan, Sango-chan, Rin-chan!" Yuka called, happily skipping towards them, Ayumi and ERi trailing behind her. "How are you today?"

"We're okay, Yuka-chan," Kagome said, smiling. "You?"

"Excellant!" Yuka cried happily. "Great day isn't it!"

"Looked more thrilling if they just tear down that building," Sango muttered. "I swear, it looks like it's gonna rain any minute over the house!"

The other girls knew what she meant. There was an old multi-story house accross the school that dated back into the Sangoku Jidai, and there was always dark clouds over the house giving it a haunted look. It was a wonder why it wasn't torn down since it didn't serve any purpose but sit there and scare the wits out of some people.

"Creepy looking isn't it?" Ayumi commented.

"Hai, definately," Eri agreed.

"Oh please, it's just a house!" Sango exclaimed annoyed. "It's not haunted, ghosts don't exist!"

"What proof do you have?" Yuka countered. "It's haunted by some ghosts, all guys I think. Do you think they might be hot?"

Sango sighed. "Don't tell me you're gonna start checking out ghosts, and that's IF they are real."

"Oh come on, they're boys right?" Yuka said.

"The were boys," Sango said flatly. "Ghosts are basically dead people, that don't exist!"

"Oh, knock it off," Kagome snapped. "Whether ghosts exist or not is not our concern at the moment. Shouldn't we be more concern about who's dating who?"

"Go in," Yuka said suddenly.

All the other girls gave Yuka a blank look.

"Go into the house," Yuka said. "I dare you to...bring back a vase!"

"A vase?" Kagome said outloud. "We're risking our necks by trespassing, to bring back a vase? ANd for a dare??"

"Yeah," Yuka said calmly.

"Yuka-chan, that's crazy!" Eri cried. "They'll get in trouble if they're caught!"

"Yuka-san," Rin said quietly. "YOu know we can't..."

"Oh, you're scared?" Yuka said, in a total OOC fashion. "I can understand if you're scared..."

"We're not scared!" Sango snapped.

"Prove it!" Yuka snapped back.

Eri, Ayumi, Kagome, and Rin stared at Yuka, who was acting like a diffrent person. Not the sweet, but nosy girl, but some one else. Only Sango was oblivious, probably because her pride was attacked.

"Fine!" Sango shouted, taking both Kagome and Rin by the arm and dragging them into the house.

When the trio disappeared into the house, Yuka fell to her knees, with a dazed expression, muttering under her breath, "...Shikon no Tama...three peices...around their necks..." She then fell back, but not before whispering, "...hell..."

Ayumi and Eri barely managed to catch Yuka when she fell back, each with worried looks.

~*~

"We should stick together," Sango said, when they walked in and closed the door. "Not that this place is haunted, but you have to admit, it is creepy. Plus we don't know this place."

"Sango-chan," Rin whimpered. "Maybe we should turn around and go back. Yuka-chan...she...just can't be in her right mind..."

"She called us a coward!" Sango snapped. "We're no cowards! Besides," she added as an afterthought, "this isn't a bad place to explore."

"Sango!" Kagome hissed. "We are trespassing!"

"I am well aware, Kagome-chan," Sango said stiffly. "All we have to do is find a cruddy vase and get the hell out of here."

"Sango...I don't like this at all!" Kagome said hurriedly. "I mean, I got a bad feeling about this!" She fingered her peice of the pretty pink jewel hanging around her neck, which seemed to glimmer. "I have a bad feeling, I mean it!"

"We're here to find a stupid vase," Sango said. "HOw hard can that be? I bet there's millions of vases in this place!"

"Fine!"

Sango, Kagome and Rin soon found out how hard it was to find a vase. There seemed to be none whatsoever in the house. The place was in serious need of dusting and the paint on the walls were starting to peel.

What they found weird was the "western-ness" of the house. While the outside looked entirely Asian, the inside was built western style. It was odd, but none of the girls were into questioning such a thing at the moment. They were more keen on find the vase and get the heck out of there.

Passing by a hallway, Kagome stopped at a door. She didn't know why, but something drawn her into the room. She stepped into another dusty room, but it was a bit diffrent. On the wall accross the bed was a painting of a young woman, who looked eerily like Kagome.

A bit freaked at the discovery, she closed the door silently and turned to follow Sango and Rin.

But only to find them gone.

Panicked, she frantically looked around. She stopped dead in her tracks when up above her, there was a few thuds and shouts. Male shouts. She stood still, too frighten to move. She was scared beyond imagination. Questions swam through her head, like: Why were there be shouts from males, when the only inhabidants should be females?

Too frighten to noticed her glowling peice of the jewel around her neck.

~*~

"Sango-chan! Where's Kagome-chan?" Rin asked nervously. "She's gone!"

"Nani??" Sango nearly shouted. "What do you mean she's gone!? She was right behind us a minute ago!"

"Maybe she--" Rin trailed off when she heard thuds a few floors up and shouts.

Sango and Rin stood frozen, staring at the nearby staircase in horror, as if daring something to come down it.

Rin was scared beyond belief. The house itself was creepy enough, and the thuds and shouts were bad enough.

Sango, on the other hand, was a bit creeped, but suspected Kagome had something to do with it. I mean, ghosts don't exist right? Right.

Sango's eye twitched a bit. She could've sworn she felt something on her backside. SHe was startled out of her thoughts when Rin screamed, and ran blindly into a nearby room.

"Rin!" Sango called. She was about to go after Rin, but something was touching her butt, a hand...

"HENTAI!" Sango screamed, turning around to smack whoever dared to do such a leachery act. And right at her feet was a person, a man, who was dressed as a Buddha priest, with a big red handprint on his cheek, all swirly-eyed. ANd the funny thing was, all his colors were a bit faded looking. His skin, hair, clothes, all the colors looked like they faded a bit. It might be because he was a bit transparent looking.

"GHOST!!!" Sango screamed. Running up the stairs. "HENTAI GHOST!!! KYAAA!"

Okay, Sango knew ghosts didn't exist, but she couldn't help it. One look at the transparent priest was good enought to change Sango's mind, since his hand did feel real, despite the fact it was where it shouldn't be.

~*~

Rin jumped when she heard Sango's little outburst, and quickly fading footsteps. Rin slumped against the door, terrified, biting her bottom lip as she looked around the room, her eyes accostoming to the dark room. There was something on the futon...she knew there was.

Her suspicion was proven correct when the candle on the table next to the futon was lit, to reveal a white haired man, who, like the monk she barely caught sight of, was slightly transparent, and the colors were a bit faded.

And to think she thought there was no way she could be more frighten than she already was.

To be Continued...

AN: So, how'd you like it? Hate it? Like it? Constructive critisim needed? Review and tell me what you think. Thanks. ^_^

~Kumori Ryuuzaki