InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hardly There ❯ Reincarnated Prietess? As if ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Damn, I have alot of reviews. In all honesty, I wasn't even expecting one yet. Heh, I can't complain, at all!

Summary: A/U Kagome, Sango, and Rin are three Junior High girls who gets dared into going into the creepy abandoned old house across the school and bring back something. While they're exploring, they encounter three ghosts that date back to the Sangoku Jidai. IY/K M/S S/R

Hardly There

by Kumori Ryuuzaki

Chapter Three: Reincarnated Prietess? As if

Since the next day was the weekend, and the girls had aboslutely nothing to do, they decided to pay the ghosts a visit. Sango kept the vase in a shoebox under her bed since Yuka had yet to see the vase.

The girls had packed some snacks to eat if they got hungry there. If there was any food at the house, there was no doubt it was over 500 years old.

Swing her bag, Sango was humming, listening to a walkman she had brought. She had also brought a bat to hit Miroku with he decided to touch her friends. Yep, she was that protective of them.

Rin and Kagome, however, only brought snacks and a book or two. They didn't need to worry about anything, not even the perverted monk. They knew exactly what it was for.

It was a rather gorgeous day, sunny and completely cloudless. And the tempature was just perfect for them, as they walked along.

"Kagome!"

Sango paused her walkman and took off her head phones as she and the other girls turned around to see Kouga, Kagome's-boyfriend-wanna-be.

"Hey Kagome!" Kouga said as he walked up to Kagome. He sniffed, then narrowed his eyes slightly. "ARe you going somewhere?"

"..." the girls paused and looked at each other. Should they tell and get laughed at? Or should they lie?

Sango had made the decision when she cleared her throat and said, "We're off to the mall."

"Oh really?" Kouga said cheerfully. "Mind if I join you?"

"Ah, gomen Kouga-kun," Kagome said. "But we were planning for an all girls' day. YOu know, no one but us three, well except maybe Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka..."

"Oh, I get the picture," Kouga said, looking rather depressed. "I guess I'll see you at school..."

"Uh...yea..." Kagome murmured, as Kouga passed her, his arm brushing against hers. "See you at school..."

Once he was out of sight, Sango said, "What's up with him?"

"He sniffed," said Rin. "It's like he can smell someone else on you, Kagome-chan."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kagome asked. "He couldn't smell a chocolate chip cookie if it was an inch away from his nose."

"Maybe," Sango said, tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"Should we continue on?" Rin asked, smiling cheerfully. She had no idea why. She was just cheerful.

"Sure," Sango agreed. "Walking helps me think."

Kagome nodded, her thoughts elsewhere. She could really go for some oden...

~*~

The girls strolled up to the door and just walked in. Sango stopped and stood still after she closed the door, bat in hand, growling.

"HENTAI!" *SMACK!*

Kagome sweatdropped and Rin looked down in pity at the fallen monk, who had a bat implanted in his face, with a pissed Sango hovering over him. Will he ever learn? Was this the reason why he was dead?

A muttering Inuyasha came around the corner ti drag Miroku away, stopped in his tracks, eyes narrowed, sniffing.

"Huh? Inuyasha? What's wro-" Kagome paused when Inuyasha leaned over her sniffing her. "Inuyasha?"

"Is something wrong, Inuyasha?" asked Miroku, who had recovered already and was peeling the bat off his face.

"Wolf youkai," Inuyasha growled, glaring at Kagome, who looked 100% confused.

"Wolf youkai?" asked Sesshoumaru, who had just entered the scene, in a bored voice.

"You've been in contact with a wolf youkai this morning," Inuyasha said in a low voice to Kagome.

Kagome tilted her head to the side in confusion. "I have?"

"But that's impossible!" Sango nearly shouted. "Kagome hasn't touched anyone except me, Rin, her family, and just a tad bit with Kouga!"

"Maybe this Kouga person is a youkai?" Miroku suggested, doing a really stupid thing--giving Sango her bat back and groping her. The bat was once again inplanted on his face.

"It makes the most sense," Sesshoumaru commented.

"Youkai's exist?" Rin asked curiously.

"Oh course," Miroku said once again peeling the bat off his face. "Don't you know? Sesshoumaru-sama is a youkai, or was...Inuyasha's a hanyou...but I guess that's close enough."

"Hanyou?"

"I'm half youkai, okay!" Inuyasha snapped.

"Don't mind him," Miroku said cheerfully. "He's just mad he lost to Sesshoumaru..."

"I did not loose to him!" Inuyasha snarled, glaring daggers at the smiling monk.

"You did, so shut up," Sesshoumaru said in a calm voice.

"Alright, Nii-chan!" Inuyasha snapped.

"Don't call me that!" Sesshoumaru growled.

"Nii-chan! I-" Inuyasha was cut off by Sesshoumaru, who made a swipe with her clawlike nails, and soon got into a fight with him.

"Don't mind them," Miroku said. "They're always fighting. When they were alive, they used to try and kill each other. I guess they kinda gave up on that now that they're dead..."

"Mr. Miroku, I was wandering," Rin said, "how did you die?"

Miroku opened his mouth, then closed it, and then said with a thoughtfull expression. "I really don't know. I mean, I wake up one morning to find that I'm still lying in my bed, but I'm not. I guess it had something to do Inuyasha, I mean Sesshoumaru knows as much as you do on how he suddenly isn't alive anymore. As for dog-boy," Miroku shrugged, "he seems to know, but he won't talk about it.

"But I do have my suspicions that it involves Inuyasha's seal and Kikyou's mysterious death."

"Exactly who is Kikyou?" Kagome asked. "And what do you mean 'seal'?"

"Ahh, Kikyou is a powerful miko," Miroku answered. "Inuyasha and Kikyou used to be friends, but I guess something happened to them that broke them apart. As for Inuyasha's seal, I'm not too sure. That idiot doesn't tell me anything!"

"And Kagome looks like this Kikyou person?" Sango said, looking at Kagome.

"Yes, but Kikyou looked a bit older, more darker look, and her hair was straighter," Miroku said. "Other than that, uncanny resemblence."

"I wonder why..." Rin murmured to herself, but Miroku heard it.

"I have an idea, but no way to prove it," Miroku said. When the girls looked at him, he said, "Maybe Kagome-sama is a reincarnation of Kikyou?"

"No way! I can't be a reincarnation of a powerful miko!" Kagome protested. "Wouldn't I have to have some miko powers?"

"Yes...but..." Miroku trailed off the smacked himself on the forehead. "I know now! INUYASHA!!" he called. "I NEED YOU TO STOP FIGHTING SESSHOUMARU FOR A SEC!"

The two siblings stopped fighting and started glaring at Miroku, who dared to interupt their fight.

"What the hell do you want?" Inuyasha snapped.

"Come over," Miroku said.

Glaring warily at the monk, Inuyasha walked to them.

"Now, Kagome-sama, what do you say to a dog when you want it to sit?" Miroku asked, turning to look at Kagome.

"Osuwari-AHH!" Kagome let out a small scream when Inuyasha fell flat on his face at her feet, and started spitting out colorful words.

Inuyasha lifted his face from the floor. "What the hell? What was that for, wench?"

"My name is not wench!" Kagome snapped. "Not bitch, not you, not girl! It's Kagome! KA-GO-ME!"

"Stop your lover's quarrel for a sec would ya?" Miroku asked irrated.

Inuyasha glared at Miroku, and got to his feet, his glare never leaving the monk. The said pervert sweatdropped and back away nervously. And in a quick flash, the half dog demon was beating the crap out of Miroku.

"So you are Kikyou's reincarnation," Sesshoumaru said, breaking the silence as the watch Inuyasha nearly kill the monk. "Only that wench was able to do that."

"But how-why?" Kagome asked. "Why was she able to do that?"

"The rosary around his neck," Sesshoumaru answered simply. He looked at her, and his eyes settled on the jewel peice hanging from around her neck. "Where'd you get that?"

"Get what?" Kagome asked. She held up the pink jewel peice. "This?"

"Is that the Shikon no Tama?" Inuyasha asked curiously, walking up to his older half brother, leaving a beaten Miroku behind. "But I thought the jewel was round..."

"I didn't know the Shikon no Tama was real," Rin said, pulling out her peice. "We found a pink jewel in the attic, and it broke into three peices, so we ended up keeping it..."

"What proof do you have if it's the Shikon no Tama or not?" Sango questioned.

"There's no proof we can give you," Sessshoumaru answered boredly. "The jewel gives youkai power, but at the same time drive them insane. It's the jewel of power, and able to give wishes. But they always turn out bad. The jewel needs to be constantly purified. Having those with you will cause trouble in the future."

"Why?" Sango continued to question. "What's it gonna do, turn into a dragon and eat us?"

"No, it attracts demons who are power hungry," Inuyasha answered. "Where the hell did you find it?"

"In the attic at my house," Kagome answered.

"Do you live in a shrine?" Miroku asked, who always seemed to make a speedy recovery.

"Yes."

"Is the shrine next to Inuyasha's Forest?"

"Inuyasha has a forest?"

"No, not really. Let's try this again:Is the shrine next to a forest? Does it have the God Tree and an old dry well?"

"Uh...yeah."

"That explains it," Miroku said, grinning. "Your shrine used to hold the Shikon no Tama back in the Sangoku Jidai."

"Mr. Inuyasha," RIn said. "I was wondering,--why is there a forest named after you?"

Miroku leaned in, eager to hear the answer, and Sesshoumaru sent a curious glace towards his younger brother. Apparently, they didn't know either.

"That's none of your buisness!" Inuyasha snapped, storming up the stairs.

"Why that no good jerk--!!!" Kagome muttered.

"Must have been a sensitive subject?" Sango suggested.

"We have the right to know!" Miroku whined. "If it involves our death, it is too Sesshoumaru and my buisness! He doesn't tell us ANYTHING!!!"

"Stupid hanyou..." Sesshoumaru muttered. "Stupid idiot...dumb little bastard of a brother..."

"He hasn't told you guys yet?" Rin asked.

"Why do you think we're complaining??" Miroku asked in a whiny voice. "Why, why, why??? We just overheard the forest being called 'Inuyasha's Forest'!"

The three girls looked at each other. It was weird, they'll have admit, waking up and finding out you died, you had idea why, you think it's because of you're friend/brother, and he won't tell you why for 500 years.

It was perfectly cleared Miroku and Sesshoumaru were in the dark about the whole ideal, and they flat out hated it.

However, Kagome wasn't plan on being in the dark for 500 years.

~*~

As the weeks passed on, the girls find themselves more and more around the ancient house. Despite being perverted, Miroku was a fun person to be around with, and was incredibly nice. Sesshoumaru was always around when the girls were over, but he doesn't say much. Inuyasha on the other hand, spent most of his time on his own, but he did occasionally play games with them.

Miroku told the girls a bit about their "ghostly" condition. They were solid, but they could go through solid objects at will. SO they key to smacking Miroku when he groped them was to hit him as fast as they can. Afterall, you wouldn't want your hands to go through him!

Yuka was estastic when the girls showed her the vase, and then started to act a bit weird, but the girls didn't see her much, so they didn't notice.

The group was currently playing monoply, with Sesshoumaru clearly winning.

"Five...four...three...two...one..." Sango place her peice, which happened to be a shoe, on the space she was supposed to be at. "Ah, damnit!"

"You landed on Park Place," Sesshoumaru said, holdin ghis hand out. "1500 'dollars'."

"Damn," Sango muttered. She just tossed him all her cash. "All I have is 1498 dollars, so I'm broke and in debt."

Sesshoumaru smirked, and started counting his money out loud which was getting on everyone's nerves.

It was Rin's turn. "So I land on Oriental Ave.. Who owns that place?"

"I did," Sango muttered.

"Well then, here!" Rin replied, handing Sango six dollars.

Sesshoumaru cleared his throat. "The money you gave me was two 'dollars' short."

Sango growled in annoyance. "Give me a break! I'm bankrupt here!"

"Aw, Sango, darling! I am willing to donate some money to help a lovely woman such as yourself!" Miroku exclaimed, taking Sango's hand.

"Go away, perv!" Sango said irratated, slapping Miroku's hands away. "I just have to wait for my turn and go past start and I won't be bankrupt!"

"I am still waiting for my two 'dollars'," Sesshoumaru said.

"Why do you need two bucks so badly!" Inuyasha snapped. "YOu got more money on you than the rest of us put together!"

"Inuyasha, calm down!" Kagome commanded. "And lets just continue the game!"

"I AM CALM!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Then stop shouting!" Kagome snapped.

"I AM NOT SHOUTING!" Inuyasha yelled.

"OSUWARI!"

*BAM!*

"^&*@#$^#*@$*^*#$^@#*$^&#!!!!!!!"

"Ahh..." Miroku said. "Young love!"

"MIROKU, YOU MUST DIE!!!!!!" Inuyasha screamed, and started to chase the frighten monk around.

In other words, they had a perfectly normal carefree day.

To be Continued...

AN: Ack, 17 reviews and counting.In two days too. I never thought so much people would like the story. It makes me wonder exactly how much reviews I'll get when I finish the story.

FanFiction.Net:

micheal : Thanks...?

kin (desertmoon221@yahoo.com) : Thanks! I will write more!

Azn-anime, lindy*girl, rain, ElectricRain : Thanks!

Morlana : Everything will be explained at one point in the story.

I.D. : No problem! Everyone makes mistakes.

Athar-Luna : Funny? I really don't write comedy well. But when I read my work, I find it is a bit funny...And don't worry! Each couple would get a turn!

Melissa (sesshoumarusgirl1234562003@yahoo.com) : You liked my story that much? Geeze, All these reviews in two days, and this is my first Inuyasha fanfic! Yes, I'll email you, though I don't think I can memerize your email...

Teo : Kikyou isn't my ultimate favorite character. But you do have a point there. I like Miroku, and he can be pretty funny. The reason why they're dead and the deal with Kikyou will be revealed later. Only Inuyasha knows and he isn't telling anyone, yet.Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru kinda gave up on killing each other. Afterall, alot can happen in 500 years. Miroku might get someone to bear his child. And as Miroku says in chapter two, it's a question he asks all the young lovely girls he meets.

MediaMiner.Org:

bise b, inususu, kahn : Thanks!

mandi-chan : Thanks! As for the grammar and spelling, English isn't my greatest subject, so there will be spelling and grammar mistakes, also the fact I can't spot my mistakes well. I will be scanning through my stories for mistakes.

Read and Review!

~Kumori Ryuuzaki