InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter with Inuyasha and the Lost Kingdom ❯ Gryffindor??? ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Two weeks had past, Jhanie was getting better, and tonight was the night they would sneak out and convince the sorting hat to put Jhanie into Gryffindor. After lunch they met up in the library, “So tonight's the night we try to get Jhanie in Gryffindor?” asked Miroku. “Yep, let's just hope it works.” Replied Sango. “One thing I don't get,” Jhanie said, “Harry, the sorting hat put you in Gryffindor because you wanted it to, right?” Harry nodded, “Then how come it didn't put me in Gryffindor?” Jhanie asked. “I don't know maybe it's because the sorting hat's tired. He had to do a lot you know.” Harry said. “Yeah, I guess.” Jhanie replied. “It just seems strange though, kind of like he was ignoring my hopes of going into Gryffindor.” “I'm sure we'll find out the reason when we talk to him.” said InuYasha. “It better be a good one too.” Aease said. “Okay so what time?” asked Lyra. “Eleven,” Hermione replied. They all agreed and went back to their common rooms.
That night they all went to sleep early, setting their alarm on their watches to 10:45. Jhanie went into her bed but couldn't help thinking why the sorting hat wouldn't put her in Gryffindor. She kept on repeating in her head Gryffindor, Gryffindor, Gryffindor. But yet, he put her in Slytherin. Hmmm… she wondered, and drifted off to sleep. Her watch rang and she woke up, she looked at her watch and quickly got up. She took the wand, and the Marauder's Map, turned herself invisible, and left. Minutes later she found herself in front of the statue leading to Dumbledore's study. She waited for Harry, moments later he came. “Do you know the password?” she asked. “I think so,” replied Harry. “Acid Pops” Harry said. But the statue wouldn't budge. “Oh no what do we do now?” asked Lyra. “Lemon Sherbet?” asked Harry. But the statue still wouldn't move. “Chocolate frogs,” replied an old croaky voice behind them. The statue raised up revealing a huge staircase. They all looked behind them, and there stood Albus Dumbledore. “Professor Dumbledore,” Harry said. “Hello Harry, you may go up. They all went up the stairs and waited for Dumbledore to open the door.
“We're sorry for uh coming so late,” Sesshomoru said anxiously. “Its fine, now why have you come to my study?” asked Dumbledore. “We came here to see the sorting hat,” replied Lyra. “Oh? And why is that.” asked Dumbledore. “We uh… we think it put Jhanie in the wrong house.” replied Ron. Dumbledore turned to look at Jhanie, “Now I'm sure Jhanie, can tell me why she thinks that.” He said. Jhanie looked up, “Well you see,” she started, “actually I don't think I belong in Slytherin, Professor McGonagall said herself it your house would be like your home. But the Slytherin house doesn't feel like home.” Jhanie finished. “And you think you'd feel more at home in Gryffindor?” asked Dumbledore. “Well, yes,” replied Jhanie, “I have my friends who I've been with for as long as I can remember, my brothers, and some new friends. I think I would be well off in Gryffindor rather than Slytherin.” Jhanie finished. “And do you all think that Jhanie belongs in Gryffindor with you?” he asked. They all nodded, “Harry, you may speak for the whole group, why do you say think Jhanie should be in Gryffindor?” he asked. “If she can be in Slytherin, than she should definitely be able to be in Gryffindor. I think because of all the recent events that have been happening at her old school she should be in a house where she knows people and has friends and can talk them about things that the other people in her house wouldn't be able to relate to.” Harry said. “And do you agree with this?” asked Dumbledore. They all nodded, “Very well then, I shall put Jhanie in Gryffindor myself, there won't be any need to talk to the sorting hat, tomorrow at dinner I will make the announcement that Jhanie should move to Slytherin. For now go back to your common rooms, and Jhanie, pack your bags, this will be your last night in Slytherin. Off you all go.” He told them. Jhanie walked to the doorway then turned around, “Thank you Professor,” she said. Professor Dumbledore smiled, “Off you go,” he said. Jhanie turned around and left.
Harry was about to leave, “Harry, would you please stay back a minute?” asked Dumbledore. “Sure Professor,” he replied. “I just wonder is there another reason why you would like Jhanie to be in Gryffindor?” he asked looking down and smiling at Harry. “What do you mean?” asked Harry. “Is there another reason why Jhanie should be in Gryffindor that doesn't have to do with her or her friends, but mostly you?” Dumbledore asked. Harry quickly caught on, “You mean you want to know if I - Professor she's just a friend.” Harry said. “Okay Harry, good night.” Dumbledore said.
As Harry walked out the door he and his conscience were having an argument.
“You like her,” his conscience said.
“No I don't,” replied Harry
“Even Dumbledore knows it, why keep it from him?”
“I don't like her,”
“Yes you do,”
“No I don't,”
“Yes you do,”
“No,”
“Yes,”
“No,”
“Yes,”
“No,”
“Yes,”
“No,”
“No,”
“Yes,”
“Ahhhh, said Harry “Listen I don't like her,”
“Sure,”