InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter with Inuyasha and the Lost Kingdom ❯ Quidditch ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Quidditch
 
The next day Jhanie, Lyra, and Aease, were all walking around the grounds. Jhanie and Lyra both had their broomsticks in their hands and were getting ready for try-outs. They had just finished walking down the huge steps from the Hogwarts entrance when they realized how much further they had to walk.
“You guys wanna fly?” asked Lyra. “That would be a great idea, but I don't have a broom” Aease replied. “Tough” said Lyra as she mounted her broom. “Uh,” said Aease in surprise as she pushed Lyra off her broom. “Hey!” Lyra said as she pushed Aease back. “You can ride with me,” Jhanie said. “I've heard the Firebolt 2 is supposed to be strong enough to carry two people.” “Okay” said Aease, as she stuck her tongue out at Lyra. “Fine then,” said Lyra sticking her tongue out at Aease, “race ya?”. “Sure,” replied Jhanie (who was always up for a challenge, one of the reasons why she loved quidditch). Aease and Jhanie mounted Jhanie's Firebolt 2 and Lyra mounted her Nimbus 2001. “Ready?” asked Aease, “set,” Lyra and Jhanie were holding on to their brooms (Aease was holding on to Jhanie). “Go!” It was a really close race, since both of them were such good flyers. Lyra was in the lead at first, then it was Jhanie. But when at the end they were both neck in neck and it was a tie when they landed.
“That's so unfair,” said Lyra joking, “your broom is much faster than mine.” “Yeah but I have 93 extra pounds on it, so we're even.” Jhanie replied. “Hey!” Aease said, “I weigh 83 pounds! Not 93!” Jhanie and Lyra both started laughing. “What's so funny,” asked a voice from behind them. It was George with Kagome, “Hey Kags,” Aease said, “what are you doing here?” “George was teaching me how to be a Beater,” Kags said. The three girls looked at each other. “Hey,” said Harry running up to greet them. “Hey,” Jhanie, Lyra, and Aease said together. “You ready for try-outs?” he asked. “Yeah,” Lyra and Jhanie said. “Cool, I'll give you guys a couple of minutes to warm up,” Harry said. Lyra and Jhanie looked at each other, “I think, they're ready” said Aease.
“So you guys both want to be Chasers right?” asked Ron. “Yep,” Lyra said. “Ron tried out to be Keeper,” Hermione said. “You guys ready?” asked InuYasha. “Yea, I'm kinda nervous though” Jhanie said. “Your gonna be fine” said Aease. “You both are awesome Chasers,” said Sango. “Lyra, Jhanie,” Harry said. “Okay, whose going first?” “You wanna go?” asked Jhanie, “Okay,” replied Lyra. “This is going to be really simple, Angelina, Fred, and I, will be chasers from the other team. All you have to do is try and get the Quaffel and score past Ron.” Harry explained. “Okay then” Lyra said. “Jhanie, can you release the Quaffel?” asked Fred. “Yeah sure,” replied Jhanie. She took the heavy bronze ball in her hands. They all rose up in a circle, then Jhanie release the Quaffel. Harry soared in and grabbed the Quaffel, he past it to Angelina, who past it to Fred. Lyra, who was covering Harry dived for the ball as Fred past it back to Angelina. Before Angelina could move, Lyra had already grabbed the ball and was heading for the three hoops where Ron was. She took the Quaffel and made a motion to throw it to the right. Once Ron reacted to her movement she threw it into the left hoop. They all went back down.
“That was great!” said Angelina in amazement. “Alright Jhanie,” said Harry, “you next.” “Good luck,” Lyra whispered into Jhanie's ear. “Thanks” Jhanie whispered back. “Same thing as Lyra” Harry said. “Alright then” Jhanie said. She mounted her broom and joined the circle that was waiting for her in the air. This time Lyra was throwing the Quaffel, she threw it up in the air and everyone made and effort to get it. Soon enough Fred had the Quaffel, Jhanie was on the other side of the field. Fred threw the Quaffel at Harry, he soared across from Angelina. Jhanie stayed where she was, Harry threw the Quaffel to Angelina and went off. “You're not making much of an effort,” he said. Jhanie didn't respond, instead she just looked around and acted like she was thinking of something other than quidditch. Harry and Fred were meters below her now, they were across from each other. Fred was on the side that didn't have a Keeper, Harry was on the side where Ron was. Harry threw the ball at Fred. As the Quaffel was making its journey to Fred, Jhanie dived down and when the Quaffel was just a couple of inches away from Fred, she came out of nowhere and snatched. Fred was a bit frightened and was taken over by shock since Jhanie was so close to him and he was sure Jhanie would ram into him. Jhanie turned swiftly around, the end of her broomstick brushing gently against Fred and made her way to the goal posts, they all watched in shock as Jhanie easily made the Quaffel shoot past Ron.
“What was that?” asked Fred breathlessly as he dismounted his broom. “One minute you're totally out in your own little world and the next you're about to crash into Fred!” Angelina said out of surprise. “That's my signature move,” Jhanie said. “Huh?” they both asked. “Well, if you act like you're totally out of the game people stop making notice of you. And if you're about to ram into someone they don't care about the Quaffel anymore. So I just put them two together.” Jhanie explained. “But how did you turn around so swiftly?” asked Ron. “You have to get the timing right, and it took a lot of practice, trust me. That's also another thing, that surprises people and makes them think about how could you do that, so while people are in their thoughts, it's the best time to try and make a goal.” Jhanie replied. “Its worked all the time at our old school,” Kags said, “but you really shouldn't do it you don't know how.” Harry was listening to all of this. “Well its dangerous, but, you still fly excellently and you can get the Quaffel from the opponent in good timing. Lyra, Jhanie, congrats, you both have just made the Gryffindor Quidditch Team” he said seriously. Sango, Kags, and Aease all started jumping up and down, “you made it, you made it” they all started saying.
They all started walking back to the building, “Harry you coming?” Ron asked, “You guys go ahead, I've got to pick up a few things” he said. Jhanie stayed behind, “Need some help?” she asked. “That would be nice,” Harry replied. Jhanie closed the case of where all the balls were kept and picked it up. “Sorry about being so serious,” Harry said. “Yeah, what was up with that?” Jhanie asked. “Its just that if you don't act serious, nobody take you as a serious captain” he replied. “Yeah, I understand” Jhanie said. “Where'd you learn to do that move?” he asked, “Its pretty impressive.” “I don't know actually, Aease, Lyra, Kags, Sango, and I were just playing around practicing for try-outs at our old school and I just, did it. Its kind of like one of those things that just comes to you, and you don't need to learn it” Jhanie replied deep in thought. “Can you teach me?” asked Harry, “I can try” Jhanie replied, but you might want to bring your Firebolt 2” she said looking at Harry's broom, “Not that I'm offended that you didn't bring it today,” she said quickly, “Its just that, it gives you more strength and power, that's all.” “Okay,” said Harry, “when should we start?” he asked. “Whenever you're free,” Jhanie replied. They opened the door to the Gryffindor common room. “Where is everyone?” asked Harry. Jhanie looked at her watch, “its time for dinner” she replied. “I'll just put this stuff away in the closet,” Harry said. Jhanie waited, they went down to the Great Hall. Jhanie sat between Lyra and Aease.
“What were you and Harry talking about?” asked Kags. “He wanted me to teach him my signature move” Jhanie replied proudly. “OoOoOoOoOoOoOo” Sango said, “having some one on one time with Harry?” she teased. “Shut up,” Jhanie said. Dumbledore raised his goblet and tapped it three times with his spoon. After the third “cling”, all went silent. “I am proud to announce that Hogwarts, will hold a Christmas Ball, on Christmas Eve.” The Great Hall filled with Ooooos, and Ahhs, and people saying “this is gonna be so much fun”. Dumbledore held up his hand and once again the hall was silent. “No First, Second, or Third, years will be permitted to attend unless asked by a Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, or Seventh year.” Now the Great Hall was filled with, boos, and groans. “There will be many fun things to do, and we trust that you have a night of fun. That is all.”
“Oh no,” said Ron putting his face into his hands. “Not again,” he said recalling how badly last year's Yule Ball had gone. Harry too was not very excited about this and wondered if he could actually get a date before the eve of the ball. “Hey Ron,” Fred said, “Watch this,” Fred crumpled up his napkin, “Oi, Angelina!” he said as he threw his napkin at her. She quickly stopped talking a turned around. “Will you…” he mouthed and pointed at Angelina, “go to…” he said making his two fingers look they were walking on the table. “the ball,” he said, making dancing movements, “with me?” he finally finished. Angelina thought for a moment, “Okay,” she mouthed. Fred smiled, Ron looked at his brother, he was getting really annoyed. “Come on Ron, we have a month” Harry said. “Yeah, but this time I'm not going to wait that long.” “So who are you thinking of asking Harry?” asked George, “He's gonna ask Jhanie, duh” replied Miroku. “Hey, I never said that,” Harry said quickly. “Oh what the hell, just do it,” Ron said, “We know you like her and its obvious she likes you too, so stop being an idiot and ask her out already” Ron said. “Okay Ron, calm down, maybe I will ask her, BUT, if I do, you have to ask Hermione out. And you better be quick,” Harry said. “But, but, but, but” Ron babbled, “Oh come on Ron,” Fred said, “Be a man,” George said. “Fine then, but I'm only doing this because I have no one else, THAT'S ALL, me and Hermione are JUST friends” Ron replied, still unsure of himself. “Okay, okay,” Fred and George said together.