InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ HeartSong ❯ Forbidden Story ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
CHATPER TWELVE: FORBIDDEN STORY
 
InuYasha sat at one end of the hut while Kagome sat at the other. Sango, Shippo, Miroku and Kaede sat in the middle, looking back and forth between the two; wondering who was going to win.
Finally InuYasha leaped to his feet, and pointed an accusing finger at Kagome, “HA! YOU BLINKED!”
Miroku turned to Shippo, “Pay up.”
A week ago InuYasha went through the well and brought Kagome back. By the look on their faces, and the blushes; everyone knew things were back to normal. Now they were all just resting, before they headed out again in search of what happened to Akari.
The next morning InuYasha was barking at everyone to get going and soon the group set out to search for the human called Akari.
 
Akari sighed deeply crossed her arms in frustration. She had awakened that morning to find Sesshomaru had left at dawn to investigate some trouble at the border. So Akari decided to go and explore. Which proved to be a bad idea. She got lost.
She figured if Sesshomaru ever found out, he'd never let her live it down. That thought had given her new determination to find her way back and she continued walking.
And that was what put her in her present situation.
She stumbled across to lizard demons that were looking for lunch. They took her to a clearing next to a high mountain wall, and left her unbound. But she was cornered anyways so there was no where to run.
“Sesshomaru is so going to never let me forget this” Akari thought sourly as she listened to the two demons bicker.
“I say we boil her in water.”
“No way Hijo! That's what we did last time!”
Well your way is gross Unsoa. Cooking her alive?”
Unsoa snarled, “Get a backbone already! You're such a squirmy little runt!
“I am not! You're just jealous because I'm mother's favorite.”
Akari rolled her eyes, “Good God.”
Unsoa hissed and his eyes blazed, “See? You're doing it again! This is not the time to be discussing family issues! We need to cook her before she grows too stale.”
“Stale?” Akari echoed.
Hijo huffed, “Fine. But we're not going to do it in any gross way.”
“She's going to be dead eventually, what does it-”
“Oh enough already!” Akari yelled.
The two arguing demons stopped and looked over at her.
“You do realize it very rude to talk about somebody when they're standing right in front of you?”
Unsoa sneered, “You are nothing but a meal, what we say doesn't concern you.”
“As long as I'm still alive and kicking it does!” Akari barked back
Unsoa's eyes glowed red and he advanced on her, “How dare you speak to us human!”
Hijo suddenly stepped in front of his brother and looked at Akari closely, “You are very beautiful” he breathed.
Akari blinked and Unsoa's jaw dropped.
”Excuse me?”
“WHAT?”
Hijo took one off Akari's hands into his own scaly ones and Akari grimaced slightly, “You have not shown fear, nor have you tried to run. You are brave and strong!”
“Of course not stupid. Where would I run, you had me cornered!” Akari grumbled.
Unsoa grabbed his brother's arm, “What are you rambling on about?”
“She is beautiful and fierce” he turned back to Akari, “I must have you as my mate.”
“Dream on lizard breath!” Akari snapped.
Before Hijo or Unsoa could respond, white and silver flashed and Akari disappeared.
“What the hell?”
The two lizard demons spun around and gasped. Standing beside the tree, with a demeanor as cold ever, was the Great Dog Demon Sesshomaru. And pressed closely to his side was Akari.
“Hey!” Unsoa yelled, “That's ours!”
“She's my mate!” Hijo added while his brother rolled his eyes.
Sesshomaru bared his teeth, “She is no one's meal, nor mate!”
“We saw her first Dog Lord!” Unsoa argued.
Akari could feel a growl rumbling from Sesshomaru's chest as he held her even closer.
“Leave my sight, and I will let you live” Sesshomaru said in a low voice.
Unsoa's eyes flashed red again but he bowed his head, “As you wish Dog Lord. Come Hijo, we will find a better catch.”
But Hijo refused to budge, “I want her! She is mine!”
Akari would have rolled her eyes at the situation if it weren't for the fact Hijo was serious. Suddenly he leaped forward with a roar. Sesshomaru released Akari and rushed forward to meet the attack. Seconds later the lizard demon's head rolled to the floor and Sesshomaru landed gracefully on the other side of the clearing, poison dripping from his claws. Unsoa just stared in shock at his now dead brother.
“Leave”
Unsoa turned his attention to Sesshomaru and his eyes flashed, “This is not the end Sesshomaru. You will pay for the slaughter of my brother!”
He leaped away into the forest and disappeared.
Sesshomaru turned as Akari closed her eyes and dropped to her knees. Sesshomaru calmly walked to her side, although every fiber of his being cried for him to rush to her.
“Akari” he said softly, “Are you injured?”
Akari shook her head, “No” she whispered.
Sesshomaru reached a hand out, “Come. We must return to the castle.”
Akari took his hand and he picked her up bridal style as his cloud formed under his feet and took them to the sky.
After a few minutes Akari was surprised to have Sesshomaru break the silence, “You should feel….honored.”
A small smirked played at his lips.
Akari scoffed, “And why's that?”
“Lizard demons are very vain. For one to pick you as his mate is….” His voice trailed off at her frown and his smirk grew.
“Very funny Sesshy.”
“It is the truth. That demon's choice to take you as his mate was not a light decision.”
“Not a light…he just freaking looked at me and said he wanted me!”
Sesshomaru nodded his head, “Yes. But I suppose that was after he saw your bravery and beauty.”
Akari suddenly grinned, “Ah, so that's what you really think of me.”
Sesshomaru looked down at her and Akari nearly gasped in surprise to see he was serious.
“Yes.”
The rest of the ride home was silent.
 
Kagome walked slowly through the tall grass, her bow in hand. “Where is everyone?”
“Kagome.”
Kagome spun around with a gasp and her eyes widened.
“Kikyo” she whispered.
Her heart jump slightly as the dead priestess came closer.
“Do not fear me Kagome. I am not here to harm you.”
Kagome relaxed a little but never took her eyes off the girl, “Oh really? Then why are you here?”
“I heard you were making inquires about a girl. One who appeared here 17 years ago.”
“How could you know anything about that?” Kagome challenged, “You were dead.”
“Yes. But there is a story I came across two years ago, and I believe it is what you have been seeking.”
Kagome raised her eyebrows in interest, “What is it about?”
Kikyo turned and headed back into the forest, “Go to the village that resides on the Western Lands border. They will tell you what you want to know.”
Kagome frowned, “Why can't you tell me?”
But the girl was gone.
“Kagome”
Kagome gasped as someone touched her shoulder. She whirled around but there was on one there.
“Kagome!”
Kagome's eyes flew open.
“Kagome, are you alright?”
She looked over to see InuYasha sitting next to her, his hand on her shoulder.
“You were mumbling in your sleep.”
I was dreaming?”
Kagome sat up and looked into InuYasha's golden eyes, “The village that resides on the Western Lands border.”
“What?”
Kagome repeated herself. “That's where I have to go.”
“But that's right on Sesshomaru's lands!” InuYasha barked.
“I know.
“We were just there!”
“I know.”
“Then why?”
“Because now I know where to look. That village is the next step in this story.”
 
“Why?”
“Why not?”
“Answer this Sesshomaru's question.”
“Oh come on. It's just a village. They're not going to attack me, don't worry.”
“I am not worried.”
“Whatever.”
Akari smirked and turned to walk into the village, “Wait here for me, I won't be long!”
Sesshomaru snarled but nevertheless leaned against the tree and waited. True to her word, Akari quickly came back, a large bag in her arms.
“What is that?”
Akari grinned, “You'll see.”
Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes then turned, “Let's go.”
Once they were back at the castle Akari dumped all the continents of her bag on Sesshomaru's desk; and the demon lord nearly fell over.
Candy.
“Akari” Sesshomaru was almost afraid to ask, “How did you pay for this?”
Akari shrugged, “Oh. I just told them it was for Lord Sesshomaru. They practically gave it to me.”
Sesshomaru's eye twitched, “You told them I wanted this?”
“Yep.”
“I don't believe this” Sesshomaru muttered as he walked over to his desk. “You are….”
“What?”
“Insane”
Akari nodded thoughtfully as she popped a piece of candy into her mouth, “So I've been told.”
Sesshomaru just shook his head and walked away.
“Where you going?”
“Away from you.”
Akari smirked as he shut the door behind him, “That was funny.”
 
After Kagome explained her story, the village head man invited Kagome and InuYasha in and out of the rain. Sango and Miroku stayed behind saying they had things that needed to be done and Shippo stayed to keep an eye on Miroku; or more accurately his hands.
Kagome and InuYasha sat on the floor across from the head man, Juhins, and waited for him to speak.
“So you are heard because of a bedtime story?”
“Bedtime story?” Kagome echoed.
Juhins nodded, “Yes. It is a favorite among our children. We adults know it really happened, but we are forbidden to speak of it outside a story context. And even then it is told only once a child is in bed.”
InuYasha frowned, “And why is that?”
Juhins sighed, “Let me tell you the story. Then you will understand.”
 
A/N: PLEASE REVIEW