InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Help from the demon of another era ❯ True feeling revealed...kinda ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Misa hummed as she slid into the warmth of the hot springs, letting her head back against a rock and closed her eyes.
“Amazing kiss, this is only shooting star,
The love that used to be ours,
Ours forever cause we made heaven our miracle,
True and blue to our oracle
Precious in my love tu ru tu tu yeah…” She started to sing out loud now.
Misa slowly fell asleep, closing her eyes to the sound of the water and the melody the birds' song above her.
 
Misa then found herself in the middle of a battle field with a demon and a group consisting of a hanyou, a miko, a demon slayer, a monk, a demon cat and a kitsune. To her left she saw a familiar figure walking towards her. He looked down at her and growled. He said she shouldn't be here, in the middle of battle. He said she could hurt the child, but which child, there was only the little kitsune. Why would Sesshoumaru be worried about a child kitsune?
Misa woke up as the sun started setting, she quickly got changed back into her kimono and raced off towards the spot where she had left Sesshoumaru and the others.
“He's gonna kill me for being so late!” she said as she dodged the trees and jumped over a small river, an extinguished fire on one side.
Misa skidded to a halt and scanned her surroundings. Sesshoumaru was no where near here and she didn't know which way to his castle.
“They left without me!” she yelled, then sniffed the air for his scent. There were too many scents blocking his scent but one scent she did pick up. It was almost like lord Sesshoumaru's but it had less demon blood, a hanyou.
“What are you doing here wench!?” yelled Inuyasha,
“I was just about to ask you the same Hanyou?” Misa replied,
“I guess we have something in common then, I hate you, you hate me,” Inuyasha replied,
“Who said I hate you? We could be good friends you know.” Misa said smiling evilly.
“I think I'll settle on shredding you too pieces.” Said Inuyasha jumping forward towards her. Misa dodged it easily, then again and again,
“She's fast.” Commented Miroku,
“Whose side are you on?!” yelled Shippo,
“That's enough.” Said Kagome.
“Please tell me again, hanyou, why exactly are you attacking me?” Misa asked dodging a punch,
“You have connections with my brother and I hate my brother!” yelled Inuyasha, “Iron reaper, soul stealer!”
Misa yawned as she dodged his attack, then the next three as well.
“She dodges every single attack Inuyasha makes,” gasped Sango, “like she knows what's going to happen.”
“She can tell the future?” asked Shippo,
“Actually that's my mom,” said Misa, dodging a punch from Inuyasha then grabbing his arm and flipping him over onto the ground, “I can read your combat strategies, it may not seem like much but it tells me how you battle and what moves your likely to make, so I'd say I have the upper hand in this battle.”
“A dog verse dog match, this could be enjoyable battle.” Said Miroku,
`I gotta use something she won't expect me to use. Right now I'd probably use my iron reaper, soul stealer then my Tetsusaiga.' Thought Inuyasha,
“Iron reaper, soul stealer!” yelled Inuyasha,
“Didn't you learn from what I just said?” asked Misa as she dodged the attack to the right then to the left,
“Iron reaper, soul stealer!” he yelled again,
“But you were supposed to use your Tetsusaiga!” yelled Misa as she barely dodged the attack as it grazed her arm,
“I guess I did learn something after all,” said Inuyasha, standing over Misa, ready for the final blow.
“Enough!” said Sesshoumaru jumping in the way of Inuyasha,
“Look who arrived just on time.” Said Inuyasha,
“Leave her alone Inuyasha, she didn't come here for a fight,” said Sesshoumaru blocking the way still,
“What do you want anyway!?” yelled Inuyasha,
“I came for the girl, that's all.” Said Sesshoumaru calmly,
“Fine! Now go away!” yelled Inuyasha, he wanted to tear his brothers limbs apart but he felt it best not to.
Sesshoumaru picked up Misa bridal style and jumped up into the sky and disappeared.
“Stupid Baka!” yelled Inuyasha,
“Who is that demon?” said Sango,
“Something tells me that she must be important if even Sesshoumaru has come to save her.” Said Miroku,
“I think she means something to him,” said Kagome,
“What? You mean like love? Ha! My brother doesn't love. He doesn't love anything at all!” laughed Inuyasha,
“Your being ridiculous Inuyasha, I think he does like her, she seems like a nice girl,” said Shippo,
“Yeah well I still thinks he doesn't love her.” Said Inuyasha stubbornly.
 
Sesshoumaru ran up to the castle's main entrance and walked through the barrier and into the large room. He found a spare room and placed Misa down on the bed. Sesshoumaru quickly healed the wound on her arm with his Tetsuega.
“Good night.” He said as he bent down and kissed the forehead of the sleeping body. He pulled the blankets up and made to walk out of the room but was stopped as Misa grabbed his arm.
“Go to sleep Misa,” he said,
“No Sesshoumaru,” she said quietly, “Not if you're leaving me again.”
“I'll stay until you fall asleep.” He said quietly, he then slid into the sheets beside Misa and hugged her.
She rested her head on his chest and her arms around his waist like he did to her.
“Lord Sesshoumaru?”
“What is it?”
“Did you ever…”
“Ever what?”
“Did you ever fall in love with a kitsune demon ?”
“What?”
“You don't have to answer, if you don't want to.” Misa closed her eyes, against his chest, she could feel his heart beating against hers and his breathing was relaxed and cool.
“You were my first love, my only love.” Sesshoumaru replied,
“But what about the child?!” She burst out,
“What child?”
“The child. The kitsune child.”
“I don't know any kitsune child Misa. What are you trying to tell me?”
“I had one of my dream visions, when I fell asleep in the springs.” Misa started, “And you told me that I might harm the child. The kitsune was the only child, so it must mean you had a child with a kit-“
“Shoose. I never did and never will have a child with a kitsune, you got that, sometimes your visions aren't what they always seem.” Said Sesshoumaru putting a hand on Misa's mouth, “The only person who will bare my pups are you, Misa. I want you to understand that. Ok?”
He pulled his hand away from her face; she looked up at him, tears in her eyes,
“I'm sorry I doubted you! Lord Sesshoumaru, I'm sorry!” she cried, hugging him tightly.
“Its ok,” said Sesshoumaru taking her chin and kissed her. She kissed him back and smiled at him, he had said some very nice words, really touching words that meant a lot to her. Now she wanted him to prove it to her. Did he really tell the truth or not?
 
“Inuyasha, I really think you should stop thinking about Sesshoumaru.” Said Kagome, sitting by the camp fire,
“Who said I was thinking about him!?” yelled Inuyasha,
“I can tell, it's in your eyes. You thinking about him and that girl, aren't you?” asked Kagome,
“Damn your too much like Kikyo, she did that to me heaps of times.” Said Inuyasha,
“Do you think I like being like Kikyo, do you think I like being compared to her, or maybe you think I like having to look like her in every single way!?!?” yelled Kagome, she hated being compared to Kikyo, the way they looked, the way they thought and the people they liked, `but Inuyasha belongs to her.'
Inuyasha could sense the sadness and loneliness in Kagome's heart, why was she so sad?
“Kagome?”
“Yeah Inuyasha.”
“Do you like me?”
“What?!”
“I mean as a friend and all!?”
“Oh. Of course you're my friend Inuyasha, you always will be.”
“But am I a good friend?”
“Of course you are, you saved all of our lives at least once and you're always there for us.”
“But friends don't make other friends sad right?”
“Why are you asking me all these questions?”
“I made you sad didn't I?”
“…” Kagome turned around to face the other direction, trying to avoid eye contact with him,
“I don't want to make you sad Kagome, so tell me what's wrong please?”
Kagome could feel tears pouring down her cheeks,
“It's nothing you can fix Inuyasha.”
“But I want to try.”
“It's nothing you can fix!”
“I just want to try and fix what I did wrong!”
“Well you can't ok!? There's nothing you can do to make me feel better!” yelled Kagome, then she started crying even heavier then before,
“Kagome, I didn't want you to cry even more. Dammit why must girls cry all the time!?”
“Well you did, you happy?!” Kagome yelled, then she stood up,
Inuyasha caught her on the wrist,
`I don't want you to leave Kagome'
He pulled her down onto his lap,
`Don't leave me, not ever.'
Inuyasha put his arms around her in a hug,
“Don't cry Kagome, I'm here for you.”
He turned her chin to the side and wiped the tears away,
You're my best friend; you taught me everything important in life. Thank you.
“Kagome?” he asked, resting his head on her shoulder,
“Yes Inuyasha.” Kagome managed to reply,
“Can you tell me a story?” he replied closing his eyes,
“Which story?” Kagome asked,
“The one with the prince and the girl.” Said Inuyasha, drifting off to sleep,
“Ok then.” Kagome said she turned around to see Inuyasha's face; his hair had changed to the jet black, which would explain why he was being so friendly to her. He was always nice when he was in his human form.
“I'm still waiting for the story, Kagome.” He said impatiently.
 
Sango sat on the hill at the top of the meadow, Kirara by her side. She looked back at the camp where Inuyasha and Kagome sat together. She buried her head in her knees, a tear rolling town her cheek, was it just her or did everyone had someone to love except her.
“I guess it's just you and me then Kirara.” She said patting the demon cat,
“Already forgetting about me are we?” said Miroku walking about the hill,
“That would be the day.” Muttered Sango to herself,
“What was that?” asked Miroku,
“Nothing…” Sango said softly,
“What's wrong?” asked Miroku sitting down beside her,
“Nothing is wrong, I'm fine.” Sango said smiling, trying to hide her loneliness,
“Do you ever feel lonely?” asked Miroku deep in his own thoughts,
“Um…” started Sango, `nice trying to hide it'
“I do sometimes,” Miroku said quietly,
“I doubt that.” Said Sango,
“I do, its true.” He said,
“Yeah, when?” asked Sango,
“When you're not with me, or when you're mad at me,” said Miroku smiling, “That's when I feel lonely.”
Sango looked at him, lost for words; he seemed so different tonight, there on that hill with her.
“When do you feel lonely, Sango?” he asked,
“I feel…lonely…” started Sango, but she couldn't finish the sentence. She reached for Miroku, tears pouring from her eyes, “I'm always lonely!”
Miroku smile, “You're not alone Sango, we're all here for you. I'm here for you.”
Sango looked up at him; he was definitely different tonight, he pulled her closer to him in a hug, she held onto him tight, not wanting to let go. Not ever.
“Miroku?”
“Yeah?”
“One thing bothers me.”
“What's that?”
“You haven't tried to touch me in anyway yet?”
“I don't want to ruin the moment again do I?”
Sango smiled at him, Miroku lay back down, looking up at the stars. Sango lay beside him, still in his hug, but this was the one place for her to be tonight. With him.